Dura-Rail

Founded 1982 • With Angi since November 2002

4013 Thistlewood Dr

Grove City, OH 43123

3 employees. 30 years experience.

05/14/2018

Jeffrey F.

I have never written a review for Angie's List. This is my first because Mike's work is so excellent. Mike and his brother are perfectionists. Mike is an old school worker, he does great work for a fair price. I had other price quotes and Mike's quote was the best. If you need wrought iron work, you can't go wrong with Mike! He is a master craftsman. Great experience from beginning to end.

Description of Work
Wrought iron hand rail.

08/03/2017

Arthur H.

Very good install. It was good to see precision work done to perfection. We have recommended them to our friends.

Description of Work
Professional handrail installation.

08/03/2017

Arthur H.

Nice to see precision work done to perfection. We have recommended them to our friends.

Description of Work
Professional handrail installation.

03/07/2017

Emily V.

The only problem was that their tool broke as they were beginning the job, and they had to stop and have it repaired, which entailed waiting for a part before they could begin again. However, once they came and did the job, things went very well.

Description of Work
Dura-Rail installed a metal railing at the back steps, which needed it. This was about three steps up to an enclosed porch.

08/25/2016

Karen D.

I looked at railing sold at Lowe's and did not feel that was something that I had the ability to do. So I contacted Mike at Dura Rail. He is great! He came out and looked at the situation; and, explained how he could drill new openings for the railing, sinking them into the porch about 3" rather than just bolting them over the previous site. He measured and re-measured to be sure of dimensions of railing that he would fabricate. They weld each piece, prime, and powder coat the railing so there is little chance of water seepage at joints leading to rusting. There were several jobs they were working on ahead of mine, so I had a bit of a wait to get the job done. It was well worth the wait! The railing is secure and sturdy; and, it is very attractive. Mike is a perfectionist, and he isn't going to leave the job until he is satisfied with it. I appreciate his work ethic and would hire him again. I already have had some neighbors ask for his number!

Description of Work
We needed to replace wrought iron railing around our front porch. The original railing had rusted through, and broken off in the porch. Two concrete companies both said that the porch was in good shape, and felt I should just replace the railing.

05/14/2016

Cynthia B.

01/18/2016

bob C.

Description of Work
I hired Dura-rail to install railings on our front steps. Great job! Mike, the co-owner, was very personable and helpful. Gave free estimate and then did an excellent job installing them with his partner.

10/09/2015

LAUREL & RALPH D.

Description of Work
built and installed new railing for outside steps. a very pleasant,honest person whom I would recommend to anyone.

05/30/2015

chris S.

Mike, the owner, did all the work, including designing, manufacturing and installing the railings. He is very professional and takes the greatest care in making and installing wrought iron railings. The railings were make exactly as Mike had described. He was very precise in his placement of the railings on the steps. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Dura-Rail manufactured and installed two wrought iron handrails on the patio steps leading to the sliding door.

10/30/2014

Jim V.

.It?s true ? you can learn something new each day. So when I needed to add a railing to our small front porch following my wife?s hip surgery, I did my usual internet search to learn more. That?s how I found out the ones you buy at Home Depot or Lowes are ?decorative? only and do not meet building codes in Columbus. I got really lucky when Mike Hersey of Dura-Rail in Columbus called in response to my request for an estimate. Mike arrived promptly as promised, fully explained how each railing is manufactured (teaching me the little curved pieces at the front of the handrail are called ?lamb?s tongues?), showed photos of his work, took time to make precise measurements, then wrote up a quote. Mike Hersey was so professional and knowledgable that I signed the order without bothering to two more quotes as usual. While the manufacturing process usually takes some weeks, Mike said he?d speed things up and did. Friday, he called to say the final paint was done and that he?d install the rails on Monday which he did and the final product is excellent. So if anyone lives in or near Columbus and needs hand railings, window guards,stairs, fencing, gates they can do no better than to call Mike at Dura-Rail. This was one of the best retail experiences I?ve had in ages ?. good old-fashioned professionalism and excellent workmanship!

Description of Work
Manufacture and install wrought iron railings for front entrance. Rails on both sides and up stairs. One piece flat cap and straight verticalo pickets. Anchored into core drilled holes in concrete with 1-inch square anchor posts secured in place. Trim shoes around post bottoms, color satin black and includes "lamb tongue" decorative touches on porch level rails. To comply with City of Columbus codes and senior safe.

10/28/2014

Judy S.

Description of Work
Dura-Rail manufactured and installed customed designed iron railings on my front porch and steps. This also included custom primer and finish coats. The owner was very professional and took extra care to make sure that all was perfect. I have received many complements since installation was done last fall and would recommend this company to anyone needing this type of work done.

01/11/2012

Carol S.

Company was prompt, patient and willing to spend the time, to help me figure out exactly what I wanted and what would work best. Very pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
Made a handrail for porch steps, that matched the old one over 30 years old.

10/30/2008

KEVIN S.

Mike is pleasant and easy to work with. He really takes pride in his work, and it shows. The final product on our balcony is beautiful! The job was a challenge, as the railing had to be installed in the roof directly above our kitchen. Mike took great care to triple seal the posts to ensure that no water would leak into the roof. Another example of Mike's detail oriented nature and pride in his work-I happened upon him taking a hand mirror and inspecting/retouching the underside of the bottom rail before he completed the job. We have been very pleased with Mike and are planning on using him this spring to install a railing on a first floor patio.

Description of Work
Crafted and installed a two piece wrought iron railing on our second floor balcony.

08/28/2008

FRED S.

Michael Hersey visited us to determine our needs and to make measurements to prepare an estimate and contract. The work was done professionally and on time as promised. We are very pleased with results.

Description of Work
A set of Iron railings were built and installed to enclose our front stoop and provide assistance down the steps to the walk.

11/25/2006

HAROLD F.

This company did an excellent job. Michael was prompt and gave me a fair estimate for front porch railings of my Westerville Cape Cod home. He was professional and he really knows his trade. He was very conscientious and even met with me before the fabricating of my railings was complete to make sure I was in agreement with exactly how they were going to be installed. His railings are top of the line and do not rust. He does not just bolt them into the cement, but he uses a procedure to actually implant them into the cement porch and he came over yet again to sand everything down to even level. My home is transformed and my neighbors and others are amazed at the quality work that was done. I have no connection to this company and this is the first time I have used it, so I have no other motives when I say this company did an excellent job for a fair price and Michael (who I dealt with) was professional in every sense. I give Dura-rail my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Custom made and installed wrought iron railings for my front porch.

03/16/2004

DEANA B.

THE QUOTE THEY GAVE ME WAS EXTREMELY HIGH, BASED ON OTHER QUOTES I RECEIVED. THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY MATERIALS TO SHOW ME THEIR PRODUCT. THAT MADE IT MORE DIFFICULT TO DISCUSS WHAT I WANTED.

Description of Work
THEY GAVE AN ESTIMATE ON FENCING A COUPLE OF SECTIONS OF THE BACK YARD (37 FT. TOTAL).

11/19/2002

KARIN & PETE D.

WE FOUND DURA-RAIL IN THE PHONE BOOK AFTER TRYING ANGIE`S LIST. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM FOR THE LIST BASED ON MY LIMITED EXPERIENCE.

Description of Work
MICHAEL HERSEY RETURNED MY CALL PROMPTLY, CAME TO MY HOUSE AND PROVIDED A VERY THOROUGH WRITTEN ESTIMATE PROMPTLY, AND JUST GAVE GREAT OVERALL SERVICE. WE OPTED TO GO WITH ANOTHER COMPANY BUT IT COULD HAVE GONE EITHER WAY AND WE WOULD DEFINITELY CONSIDER DURA-RAIL FOR FUTURE JOBS.

Custom Wrought Iron Hand Rails