Jon's Painting / Clintonville Gutter Co

Founded 1986 • With Angi since February 2011

Anything you need, we can do! Inside or out, we offer Gutters, Painting, Drywall, Wallpaper Removal, Carpentry, Decks and Porches, Patios, Windows, Doors, and Fencing, even Pressure Washing! Family owned and operated for over 40 years, We have the capabilities to tackle any project you may have in

4.3

4.3

4.2

house painting (23)gutter repair (19)gutter cleaning (16)interior painting (6)roofing (2)roof cleaning (1)drain pipe installation (1)pressure washing (3)handyman (3)

05/25/2021

VIRGINIA S.

My experience was they’re unreliable. On May 12 I claimed their gutter cleaning deal on Angi that was $185 for cleaning up to 200 feet of gutter. I received Redemption Code ANGE-759EF9939C30 by email. A week went by and I didn’t hear from them so I called on May 20 and left a message. A lady called me the next day. She didn’t know anything about a deal or a redemption code on Angie’s list but she said the price was $185, the same as the deal, and so we scheduled for afternoon of Friday May 28 at $185. She called at 11:30A Tuesday May 25 and asked if they could come that afternoon instead of Friday. I said Yes. I was waiting for service on my car but expected to be home by noon. When I learned my car would take several more hours, I borrowed a car and got home around 12:30. By 4 PM, no one had come so I called and asked if they were still coming and was told yes unless they got backed up. I asked “well how will I know? I have to pick up my car before 6.” She asked my address and said she’d find out where they were. By 5:35P, no one had called back and no one had come. I had to go get my car. I left a note on the door to call me. When I got home at 6:15, the note was still on the door. The lady called me at 6:45 and said she was very sorry but they wouldn’t be coming today. I told her that I felt they had screwed me, it was very bad business to ask a customer to accommodate you and then not show and I’d find someone else. She called right back and offered $35 discount. I told her no, you’re unreliable, you asked me to change on short notice to accommodate you and then burned me by not showing up. I said I don’t want to do business with them. I changed the scheduled date on very short notice at their request, waited all afternoon and they never showed. It's outrageous to do that to a customer. This was also the first time I’d ever claimed an Angie’s list deal and after learning it was their regular price, not a deal at all, I will be very suspicious of something Angi presents as a deal when I do a search for a service. A disappointing experience all around.

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning

Work Completed On 05/25/2021

We do our best to treat customers with respect we appreciate your feed back and have try to give you a discount which you refused to accept and refused our service we apologize for any inconvenience this my have caused you! Thank you Lisa 614-648-3343

05/07/2021

Steve W.

The job was done quickly, professionally and the house looks great. Was wonderful working with a family owned business that obviously cares a great deal about providing quality service.

Description of Work
Paint the exterior of the house and replace gutters

Category gutter repair, house painters

Work Completed On 04/28/2021

Thank you for allowing us to help you with your project 😊

11/03/2020

Darrell M.

I selected them after my estimate with Jon. He is very knowledgeable with the specifics of the project. They are also reasonably priced. The crew that came out to paint the house were prompt and efficient. They went above and beyond repairing/replacing trim and painting everything. I would highly recommend them to others and will use them again. In fact, I also had them install gutter guards to keep the gutters clean. Once again they were prompt, got right to work, and were courteous and respectful to me and my property. Thumbs up all around!

Description of Work
Exterior wood trim painting, Gutter guards added

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, house painters

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

Thank you for all you’ve done for us it was a pleasure to help you with your project!

06/22/2020

Kate H.

Great! Serviceman arrived in a timely manner and was done within an hour (I had my Florida room / enclosed porch gutter cleaned out). Friendly and a job well done. Left no mess either! Would hire again.

Description of Work
cleaning out gutters

Category gutter cleaning, apartments

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

Thank you hope to hear from you again Lisa

08/30/2019

MONICA M.

Jonathan worked hard to solve the problem. He snakes the underground pipes 3 times and cut the downspout to add a larger opening. He also suggested cleaning the gutters while he was there. I was impressed by his hardwork but shocked by the bill. It was more than double what was quoted to me. After some phone calls back and forth they agreed to reduce the bill by $200. Make sure you ask the price if they suggest additional services.

Description of Work
Unclog underground drain from a downspout

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

Please note we haven’t been paid

07/16/2019

Janet H.

Good. Quick service. Two guys made quick work of my gutters!

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

07/02/2019

Carmen L.

Was told by Lisa in the office that the gutters would be ALL cleaned out, downspouts checked to make sure they were flowing out to the street. The worker was here at the house all of 20 minutes for a 2 story house and we still have gutter overflow issues afterwards. I called the office and left 2 messages (at least) and as of 2 weeks after the last phone call, I still have not received a response. I don't think he really checked the upper story gutters and the one he cleaned out in the front still overflowed. The courtesy of a call back would be appreciated to resolve our disappointment with the amount of time spent cleaning everything out.

Description of Work
alll gutters cleaned

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

We take the time to treat all of our customer projects the same with golden gloves sorry you feel the way you do

06/13/2019

Deborah C.

There was a lot of debris in my gutters causing water to over flow into my neighbors property. I could actually hear the water going down the downspouts when most of the debris was removed. It was a relief to have this taken care of.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning.

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

Thank you so happy we could help you with your project Lisa

05/30/2019

Laura F.

They did a great job, fast and professional. Jon and his son are very friendly, helpful and reasonable. Lisa is also helpful and responsive with getting things scheduled. Great mom and pop company!

Description of Work
These guys have helped me with a few projects now: roofing repair, plus gutter cleaning and repair

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

Thank so much!

05/13/2019

Alice B.

I was contacted several times before service and Day of. Very personable team.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning and repair.

Category gutter cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

Thank you so much it was our pleasure helping you with your project!

04/19/2019

Jackey B.

The service was very good, they are on time, neat on there work and clean up after themselves and Jon is very polite and the price is reasonable

Description of Work
Interior painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

Mrs [Member Name Removed] it's alway a pleasure to help you with your projects thank you so very much!

04/18/2019

Dorthy A.

It was a good experience. They're very nice men, its a father and son business. They all work very well together and their personalities make you feel comfortable.

Description of Work
Tuckpointed the chimney and did some patch work on the corners of the gutters.

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

Thank you for allow us to help you with your project

06/06/2017

Michael B.

Work was completed promptly and with no issues. Site was cleaned up totally.

Description of Work
Project was to replace exterior cedar siding.

Category handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 05/31/2017

Thank you please tell family and friends about us we are thankful for you allowing us to help you with your project!

05/30/2017

MARK M.

The team from Clintonville Gutter Company cleaned my gutters professionally. They identified and resolved the problem that caused my gutters to overflow. I would definitely hire them again,

Description of Work
I needed my gutters cleaned because they were not draining well.

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

Thank you very much we appreciate your business Thank you again Lisa

11/11/2016

ARTHUR B.

These guys came out and looked at it and fixed everything and it was marvelous. They also found a hole in the roof.

Description of Work
Cleaned out gutters and screwed gutter screens

Work Completed On 10/28/2016

Thank you so very much we appreciate your business

06/19/2012

KIMBERLY M.

I was referred to Jon by a family member who had used Jon's Painting before. I called and made an appointment for Jon to come and give an estimate. He came out promptly to provide the estimate, which was about $2000 less than the next-lowest one I had received. It took me a week or so to choose a color, then they came and power-washed, and scraped the loose paint off, and put two coats of paint on. They also did the window trim, and many of the windows were mullioned, which is a lot of extra trim painting. While they were on the ladders, they tucked in some soffit that had gotten loose so that the birds wouldn't get into the overhang. Jon and his son JD (crew leader for my job) were wonderful to work with, and their employees were also very nice and professional. I can't say enough nice things about them. They cleaned up after each day's work, and used a shop vac to make sure no paint flakes were left on the ground. I will be calling them again to re-line my box gutters. Really nice guys, did a great job, and I definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
I had Jon's Painting paint the exterior of my house, with a base color of my choice and white trim.

Work Completed On 06/19/2012

Member Thank you for allowing our team, help you with your projects! Jon Farley 614-414-7997

11/08/2011

MARY A.

Overall, the experience was great. They did a professional painting job and conducted the job professionally.

Description of Work
Jon's Painting Company painted our old and peeling Clintonville home and garage. We were very pleased with the profesionalism of Jon's Painting Co. They were prompt, polite and they cleaned up every day when they were finished for the day. They kept us informed on what they were doing and when. The price was very reasonable and they included a free gutter cleaning when they were finished. The painting job looks great and I would highly recommend this company to everyone. Lisa in Clintonville

Work Completed On 11/04/2011

10/11/2011

Robert J.

I was very disappointed after I inspected the work. My final bill was over $3000.00 so I expected high quality work and service. When repairs were completed and after they had finished the job and gone home, I did a walk around to take a look at my new gutters and found some unfinished work. It would have been impossible to miss as it was hanging down having never been touched and water was draining directly into my foundation. I called immediately and politely left a message that they had missed some work. They called back a couple days later and said they would get it taken care of in a few days. It has now been five weeks and no one has come to make repairs. I have called and emailed seven or eight times with no response back to me. I am not sure what happened but I would like the repairs completed quickly or my money back so that I can hire someone else to finish the job.

Description of Work
Hired to do extensive gutter repair and replacement on a 2 story home.

Category gutter repair, house painters

Work Completed On 08/30/2011

We at Clintonville Gutters always keep our IntegirIty in our business. The member personally inspected all aspects of the work we performed at his location. We weren't paid any money down, and was paid in full for a our services of installing Gutters for the member But only after his inspection of our work preformed.. We thank you for the work the member, and we are truly sorry that you are disappointed do to the fact that one elbow was removed after we had already install the elbow previously and was finished with the project contracted with you!. The a/c units you had installed after we completed our projects for you was directly installed by the elbow which was remove by someone other than Clintonville gutter. I hope we can do business in the future and we are sorry you fill the way you do ,But we did return and took pictures of the location and re-installed the elbow and traveled from Columbus to Hebron, Ohio. As a courtesy to you. I hope we can do more business in the future. Thank you Again! Lisa Farley 614-414-7997

08/18/2011

Sallie D.

I asked for an estimate on new gutters. They said I didn't need new gutters, just the old ones cleaned out. I really felt I needed new gutters and went with another company that installed new gutters for the same price bid for cleaning out the old ones and replacing any wood damaged.

Description of Work
Friendly and prompt for estimate. I used another company.

Work Completed On 06/15/2011

Member I didn't find a written estimate for you, We must have given you a verbal estimate for your gutter cleaning . I would like to thank you for having us on your location. Please call if we can help you in the future. Jon

08/14/2011

shirley W.

The service representatives were on time, worked quickly, and did a nice job, leaving no debris behind.

Description of Work
I have used this provider multiple times for gutter cleaning.

Work Completed On 08/01/2011

Member Thank you for everything, Hope to hear from you again! Jon, Lisa, and Crew

06/30/2011

PHILLIP P.

The lady said she would call back with a phone estimate. I never heard from them again.

Description of Work
Called for an estimate to repair/replace a section of gutter.

Work Completed On 06/01/2011

Member Thanks for calling, I tried calling a couple of times, But didn't get an answer maybe I should of kept trying to reach you, Sorry Please call in the future where always here! Lisa

05/23/2011

Brian S.

Went well. Initial visit needed to be rescheduled but not too big of a deal.

Description of Work
Bill is estimate; have no yet received. Cleaned and repaired gutters, one of which had become tipped resulting in water in the basement. Installed brackets to ensure gutter will stay in proper position in the future. Also rerouted a downspout away from the house by installing new underground pipe in a raised flower bed with an exit to an existing drain, to eliminate pooling of water next to foundation. We'll see how successful that is. Very respectful of my existing plantings and did their best not to disturb them.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair