Buckeye Restoration

Founded 1996 • With Angi since May 1999

4.3

4004 Miller-Paul Rd

Galena, OH 43021

When you are in need of water damage services or fire restoration services, we are your 24/7 immediate response team. From flood damage cleanup to full home restoration, we are your full-service disaster relief firm. When flood or fire occurs, call the best at smoke restoration & mold remediation!...

01/15/2019

Kumiko M.

My house that had a severe fire and Buckeye restoration came to look at the property to provide a quote for the work. A month later after repeated attempts to receive a quote, I was finally told that my information was not found in the system and they never even wrote a quote. No one bothered to call and tell me that the extent of the work was beyond their ability.

Description of Work
Quote for home restoration after Fire

05/22/2015

Sara V.

Friendly enough people. If your in a hurry to get your work completed you may wanna find a different contractor . They took 3 monthes and when they had the materials I had to basically schedule it myself since they didn't call me to tell me that they had the materials. When they finished the work it all looked good. This one of Nationwide insurance recommended contractors so if it's a large job maybe they respond better than they did on my small job.

Description of Work
fixed siding

05/05/2015

ALLEN S.

I called this company after our roof sustained hail and wind damage in Spring of 2014. Our ceilings in several areas had water spots/damage. Our insurance company responded quickly and Able Roofing company repaired our roof mid summer and did a great job. I called several companies for ceiling repair and Buckeye Restoration was one of the only companies that called back. We received our inspection and quote a few weeks later. The insurance company quickly approved the work and Buckeye was given the go ahead. A month passed. After a few calls they eventually came out and started the work, it was now September. The garage and Master bedroom needed the entire ceiling retextured and painted. Several other areas in the house apparently needed "sealed" with a special product and then repainted where there were tan water stains. They were in and out of the house for a week and everything looked good. When we got to November our garage and master bedroom had areas starting to crack along the drywall tape. We also noticed "spider cracks" in the kitchen where they had "sealed" and painted. We called Buckeye and they were going to send someone out to look. Two more months passed and several more calls later they finally sent someone out...."we are too busy with customers who have real problems" was the usual response. Keep in mind that we also own a service business and were always cordial and professional whenever we communicated with Buckeye. The rep. told us they would caulk the cracks and reseal the kitchen roof and repaint.....he also noticed a spot in the garage where the drywall patch in the ceiling was visible and they would redo this area. My brother in law was a contractor and told us the caulking was a quick fix and the ceilings needed to be redone. The rep. refused to do anything besides caulking. Two more months passed....."we are busy with other jobs that are more important". Finally two trucks showed up and the rep. (three trucks). We thought this would finally be over. My wife said that they were there for thirty minutes and caulked the cracks. She was told the cracking in the kitchen which by now was coming away from the ceiling and hanging down would not be fixed since it was "not in the original quote", he would contact the insurance company and "try" to get it fixed. We contacted our adjuster later that day and were told we had to deal with the contractor and they would not pay any more on the claim. It turns out that the proper way to repair large to small water spots is to CUT OUT the spots and replace with drywall, re texture and paint the ceiling. "Sealing" and painting water spots is simply a quick fix. If you are going through this problem like we did insist that this is done. Now we will need to pay out of our pocket and hire another contractor to come in and properly repair our ceilings. This company did very sub par work and are terrible with communicating and definitely will not step up and do what is right.

Description of Work
Attempted to repair water damaged ceilings.

03/14/2015

James T.

I had them install 2 ceiling fans that I purchased. They did a very good job. I have previous experience with them..

Description of Work
Installed 2 ceiling fans.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

01/29/2015

Katherine C.

I could not have found a better company than Buckeye Restoration. A water pipe burst in my basement - the ceiling collapsed and the damage was extensive. Buckeye responded immediately and not only went to work ripping out the carpeting and setting up drying equipment, but they went out of their way to reassure me and calm me down. Their workers arrived every day at 8 am during the month of February and part of March. They worked all day restoring the drywall, painting, laying carpet, flooring, etc. When it was finished, my basement looked perfect. The owners helped me battle with my insurance company over coverage and costs, and checked in with me regularly to make sure everything was being done to my satisfaction. What a great company! If I ever have to live through another disaster, they will be the first people I will contact because they are trustworthy, reliable, and completely professional.

Description of Work
Complete restoration of basement after water pipe break.

Category carpet installation, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, interior painters, basement remodeling

11/05/2014

James T.

They do good work. They are very good and very competent. They are a little bit pricey.

Description of Work
I did have some electrical work done. They have done a couple of jobs for us. They hung a couple of ceiling fans. We have used them before.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

11/03/2014

ESTHER A.

They were fantastic! They helped us design the room and worked well with us. I'd put their workmanship up against anyone! For what they did and the quality of their work, their pricing is very competitive. There was quite a bit of custom work done, and he has very good subcontractors he works with. I'd definitely recommend them and already have!

Description of Work
I had them do a complete bathroom remodel for me.

Category home remodeling

08/11/2014

CHUCK M.

. WOW!!! Buckeye Restoration was fantastic throughout this entire process. Our insurance company recommended them and they had high marks on "Angie's List", so we went with them. They submitted the claim directly to our insurance co. and it was approved within a week. We had company coming (and staying in the effected bedroom) within 3 weeks of the damage occurring, and Buckeye Restoration assured us they would complete all work before then - and they did!!! They were professional, punctual, thorough, and the results were amazing. They got the roof done immediately to minimize the damage, and soon after they did the inside work and we were delighted with the result. It looks like nothing ever happened! Having one contractor handle all the work made it all so easy. Buckeye Restoration deserves our highest recommendation and praise.

Description of Work
We had a tree limb come through our roof and into a bedroom. They tarped the roof until they could get here to repair the hole and re-shingle the roof. They also fixed the hole in the bedroom ceiling, re-textured the entire ceiling, re-painted the entire bedroom, and cleaned and re-stretched the carpeting.

Category water damage restoration

Thank you for your kind words, Mr. [removed member name]. It is valued Customers like you that make our work so rewarding!

05/17/2014

Angie S.

This is the second time we have used them because of water damage. Loved the guys that came and did the work. We never had issues with communication or bad work. They were always on time!

Description of Work
Repaired ceiling, walls in basement room, tiled main floor, tiled bathroom upstairs.

04/20/2014

Dan P.

Replaced existing wood trim and old storm windows. Made custom wood storm windows and installed. Replace both soffit and facia. Excellent job, many neighbors have commented on the work.. All work and clean up was done in a timely manor. Buckeye Restoration was very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters, facia, soffits, Installed custom stoms windows and trim

Category roofing, siding, water damage restoration, replacement windows, woodworking

03/31/2014

Cynthia H.

They did a decent job overall on the jobs that they did do, but they left a lot of things uncompleted and basically told us to find another contractor to finish the other jobs. That was very disappointing, considering that these things were agreed to with the estimate. Rod came out and gave an estimate and it was agreed to, but he wasn't in charge of the work once it was started. Nick was the individual that was in charge of our project and seemed much less interested and professional than Rod. They did the work that they thought needed to be done and in my opinion tried to finish as quickly as possible so they could get paid and move. The ceiling that they repaired was great but the painting/wallpaper and some of the other work was sub par to say the least. We are now stuck trying to find other contractors to finish the work that they started. I would not recommend using this company.

Description of Work
My sister had a plumber do some work in her house. He totally botched the job and ended up flooding the entire house with hundreds of gallons of water. This company was hired to restore the home.

Category drywall, woodworking, basement remodeling

03/20/2014

Katherine C.

I cannot praise Buckeye Restoration enough. They responded immediately to my panic-stricken phone call after a water pipe burst in my basement. Part of the ceiling had collapsed and much of the dry-wall, carpeting, furniture, etc. was destroyed. They not only provided the emergency service by removing the damaged material, but reassured me that everything could and would be repaired. Josh was present during the emergency service and was a very calming presence for which I was very appreciative. When the reconstruction began, Nick oversaw the work at every stage. He and his crew repaired/replaced the ceiling and drywall, painted the ceiling, walls, molding, arranged for installation of new carpeting, and involved me constantly to ensure that I was satisfied with everything. Not only was their work top-notch, but they were all genuinely really nice people. They gave me advice and encouragement, and were always willing to go the "extra mile." The restoration took over two weeks to complete; the crew arrived every day promptly at 8 am and worked all day. They were professional and courteous. If I ever have another emergency, this is the ONLY company I would call. Not only do I highly recommend them, but I also thank them for getting me through a very nerve-wracking experience. They are great people.

Description of Work
Completely restored my basement after substantial damage from a burst water pipe.

Category water damage restoration

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation~we enjoyed working with you!

07/12/2013

Kristin N.

They were fine. I am just not sure they had dealt with our insurance company before. We were trying to find what a comparable flooring to what we had before so we just kind of moved on.

Description of Work
I used Buckeye Restoration Inc for a quote to replace flooring, ceilings, dry wall damage and painting.

07/08/2013

SANDRA H.

06/19/2013

John P.

Rod, was really professional and listened to what I wanted to accomplish. Buckeye Restoration was high quality in every way throughout this whole process. All the workers went above and beyond in helping get my building back into shape. This process took about 2 months but Rods crew were their everyday. Just the over all experience of a fire loss is painful , but having Buckeye Restoration their helped tremendously in getting back to better than normal. I John Postlewaite would highly recommend Rod and his crew for any restoration project.

Description of Work
Buckeye restoration came in after cleaning from a electrical fire and did some demo in ceiling and walls. They had to rebuild walls,rubber roof, Hvac, electrical,carpeting and repaint 2,000 square feet of office space.

Category carpet installation, drywall, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, interior painters

06/30/2011

ALISON G.

It was great overall!

Description of Work
They restored and made my basement more usable. They fixed it up.

Category remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

02/28/2011

Robert B.

We did not choose them, but our insurance company did. They were friendly and good. The quality of their work was very good too. It was covered by insurance. We have never remodeled our kitchen before, but their price seemed reasonable. Our experience with them was very good.

Description of Work
We used Buckeye Restoration Inc. for kitchen remodeling.

Category remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling

10/07/2010

LYNDA C.

Overall good. Josh Patterson came out to give the estimate. The estimate was pretty fair, but we are working on a budget and we went with a company that was a little less. The way the estimate was written was very professional and clear, as was Josh. He seemed very professional. Marsha, from their office was great with follow up calls until we made a decision. I would definitely try them again in the future if I have a need.

Description of Work
Called to get estimate on replacing flooring in kitchen and LR with hardwood. Also, removal of wall between kitchen and LR. Ceiling repair from water damage in family room.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling

01/26/2009

JOAN W.

I was satisfied with their service. They do a variety of things.

Description of Work
They cut the tree away from the building after a bad storm we had. I had to get someone to take the tree away.

Category tree service

10/26/2002

LINDA L.

ROD, UNAWARE TO US, SUBMITTED HIS ESTIMATE TO OUR INSURANCE COMPANY, WHICH RESULTED IN AN ADDITIONAL CHECK FROM THEM TO PAY FOR THE JOB. THEY DID A FAR BETTER JOB THAN WE HAD HOPED. THEY CLEANED UP AFTER THEMSELVES, AND FINISHED THE JOB SOONER THAN PROJECTED. I WILL USE THEM AGAIN, AND RECOMMEND THEM TO EVERYONE!!

Description of Work
REMOVE AND REPLACE BATH TUB AND SURROUNDING WALLS

Category home remodeling

Columbus Window & Door LLC

*Offering $98 installation of RING Video Doorbell and Ring Spotlight Camera, ask for details* We provide professional installation of our own windows and doors. WE DO NOT REPAIR EXISTING DOORS, INTERIOR DOORS, OR GLASS. At Columbus Window & Door, our integrity and reliability is the threshold of our business. Listening to our customer's individual needs, providing complete information, and making recommendations based on our experience provides for solid relationships. And because our customers are our biggest referrals, we value those relationships. Typically we are the low bid, but our quality is outstanding. Our installers and project reps average 20 years experience, we hope you will consider us for your next project. Call us today for your new windows or doors at 614-271-8700. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges.

Offers by Columbus Window & Door LLC on Angi
    Rosati Windows

When you're ready to buy replacement windows and price, quality and service all matter, call Rosati Windows. Our custom windows are manufactured in Columbus, Ohio by a skilled workforce using the most modern equipment available. Our technical and engineering expertise has enabled us to produce windows that are backed by the strongest warranty in the industry. And our customer service is second to none. Consumer Choice Award Winner. Additional e-mail: info@rosatiwindows.com.

Americas Best Choice/Columbus

At America’s Best Choice, our industry professionals have partnered with leading manufacturers throughout the United States to bring homeowners exceptional quality, exceptional prices and energy efficient products that will save you money. We are truly the best choice for home renovation and repair in Columbus, Ohio. The America’s Best Choice warranty offers exceptional protection and coverage provided to every customer. Each customer receives a manufacturer’s warranty that includes a Lifetime Warranty, and covers operation, parts and seal failure type of items. Customers also receive an additional supplemental warranty. The supplemental warranty adds lifetime accidental glass breakage and also provides lifetime warranty for our installation.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Disaster Repair, Fire, Smoke & Wind, Restoration - Roofing, Siding, Drywall, Trim, Cabinets, Granite, Hardwood, Tile, Carpet, Electric, Plumbing, Heating, Custom Building, Framing, Windows, Doors, Emergency Work, Wallpaper, Painting, Faux & Decorative Finishes.