Waibel Electric

#20936
State of Ohio

133 Humphries Dr

Etna, OH 43068

15 employees. No subs. Charges service call with hourly rate. Accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards. Additional contact - Jennie Duval, Carl Waibel Jr. or Carl Waibel III. Check out our website at http://www.waibelelectric.com...

electrician (678)lighting (77)ceiling fan installation (41)generator service (13)lamp repair (4)well & water pump repair (2)water heaters (2)HVAC Companies (2)

04/30/2022

Margie H.

Contacted via Angi’s around 10 days ago. No reply. Ridiculous. Companies at the very minimum should send a courtesy email that they are swamped until x date /too busy at this time for new business.

Description of Work
new service line + update 100 Amp box

Work Completed On 04/30/2022

We sent you an email on 4/22/22 to [Member Information Removed] with possible dates/times for our service manager to come out and give you an estimate. I'm sorry you did not receive it. You may want to check your spam. If you are still interested in an estimate, please email us at : we@waibelelectric.com or call at 740-964-2956

04/27/2022

Tammy S.

Chris and Preston were punctual, hard working, and conscientious. They were professional and personable and caring. Their work was performed in a timely manner and the end results were great. I highly recommend this family owned company for any of your electrical needs. Will use them again if we ever need work done at the house!!! Thanks guys so very much!

Description of Work
Minor electrical troubleshooting and repair of the problem, upgrading some wiring and installing wiring for a hot tub.

Work Completed On 04/27/2022

02/09/2022

Scott B.

We recently purchased a new hot tub and asked Waibel to come out and give us a quote on the price of the work. We would need a new 50 amp line run from our panel in the basement to our outside patio on the opposite side of the house. Chuck was quick to come out that same week and take a look at our situation. He explained the work that would be involved and gave us a quote. We had another electrician come out and give a quote and theirs was $800 higher than Waibel’s–so we hired Waibel. The ice storm that came through in February prevented Waibel from completing the job on the initial day they said they would come out, but Chuck was able to reschedule me for less than a week later. The two electricians that came out were very diligent and friendly and completed the work quickly and to my satisfaction. My area was left very clean and they even replaced the drywall that they had cut out to make it easier for me to patch. I would definitely use Waibel again for other electrical work.

Description of Work
Run 220v/50 amp line for hot tub

Work Completed On 02/09/2022

12/01/2021

Kimberly J.

They were very professional and it went really well. They are on time and the price was reasonable.

Description of Work
install the correct timer

Work Completed On 11/01/2020

11/19/2021

Lamont C.

The job went well. We needed someone to come out as soon as possible. Waibel electric was booked 2 weeks out but indicated they could possibly come out this week due to the nature of the job. I received a call 2 days later and advised they could come out. They replaced the GFI and identified the issue with the dryer electrical outlet and replaced the breaker accordingly. Both Jon and Todd did a great job and delivered in a emergency situation. Thanks guys

Description of Work
GFI Replacement and breaker replacement

Work Completed On 11/19/2021

10/07/2021

Richard A.

Waibel installed three electrical outlets in each of my three bedrooms and two additional outlets in the dining room. The workmanship was good and the price was very reasonable. As a bonus, they also let me know where I had old-fashioned knob-and-tube wiring in the exterior walls so I could avoid those areas when I have the house insulated.

Description of Work
Electrical outlets installed in 113-year-old house

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

06/09/2021

Laura M.

He did a great, excellent job, he did not hurry up the job, he took time to answer all my questions, I would highly recommend him to anybody, the owner of the company called me a day before and let me know what time the electrician would be coming and he did came on time.

Description of Work
repaired and fix the light fixture on the front porch

Work Completed On 06/09/2021

02/26/2021

GERALD G.

The job went very well. This is the second time I have used Waibel and I have been pleased both times with the work. Chuck came out and looked at the job and was very knowledgeable. He sent an estimate the next day. Chris did a very nice job installing the lights. The basement looks much nicer ! I would recommend them if you need electrical work.

Description of Work
Replaced lights in basement with compact led.

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

11/24/2020

Sue K.

Waibel sent us exceptional electricians! They were professional, polite, extremely knowledgeable, efficient, and overall did a fantastic job. They were flexible as well and always called to let me know if their schedule changed relative to the work they were doing for me. I trust them in my home --even when I am not there. I would recommend this company!!!

Description of Work
Install ceiling fans, new light fixtures, recessed lighting, update electrical outlets and so much more

Category electrician, lighting, wells, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 11/24/2020

11/03/2020

Brittania N.

Both individuals who came out to preform the work were respectful and polite. The were able to complete the project I needed done. Very happy with the work.

Description of Work
Electrical outlets

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

11/02/2020

Todd H.

The guys did a great job. Showed up on time and finished all the work in one day. Very professional.

Description of Work
Installed lights, timer switches, motion sensors, ceiling fan and a new garage outlet.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

10/25/2020

L W.

Excellent. Courteous, professional, and good work completed in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Ceiling Fan Installation, Electrical Outlets, And Outside Light Fixtures Installed.

Work Completed On 10/25/2020

10/21/2020

Esther T.

Emergency electrical work. Circuit overload had caused a fire in our home

Description of Work
I called Waibel on September 3 after a small house fire, caused by some kind of electrical surge. I had already been in contact with Chuck about some problems we had been having, including brownouts and other power drain issues, and they were already scheduled to come out to do the requested work in 2 weeks. Initially Waibel did not think they would be able to send anyone out but they were able to find someone. Levi called to let me know he was on his way. Once he got to our house, he did some diagnostic work and found that there was a MAJOR issue in the line coming from AEP’s pole into our house. Basically, the negative load wire was fracturing because of improper installation of the line many years ago. Additionally, a squirrel had done some damage to the line. Levi walked us through how to make sure AEP understood the seriousness of the situation so that we could get someone out that day. The only money we’ve had to pay was for the trip & diagnostic fee, which, even though it was an emergency call, was still just the regular rate and super reasonable

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

10/21/2020

Esther T.

Multiple small electrical jobs, including ceiling fans installed, new outlet in the bathroom (in a spot where none previously existed), repair of existing non-functional outlets

Description of Work
Our service from Waibel was great. Thomas and Cory arrived on Monday morning. . Thomas and Cory worked very well together. We reviewed all the parts of the jobs that needed done and they got to work. They had to cut holes in the ceiling to be able to put the ceiling fans in, since we did not have overhead light fixtures. They were very respectful of our home and you could not tell that there was ever any drywall cutting having been done. No dust anywhere!! They worked so well and so efficiently that the jobs were completed in 1 day, rather than the 1.5 that was originally estimated. When my family got home, we discovered that the ceiling fan installed in the living room was sitting too low. In being diligent about cleaning up after themselves, Thomas & Cory took all of the fan’s boxes & packaging with them, including the hardware that would allow the fan to sit closer to the ceiling. I contacted Waibel to see if they still had the hardware. Waibel got back with me promptly to let me know that they were able to retrieve the hardware out of their dumpster. Thomas & Cory came back out the very next day to fix the fan. I have now had 2 very positive interactions with Waibel. Their prices are incredibly good, lower than any electrical work I’ve ever had done. I will definitely be using Waibel again for any additional electrical work needed. And, since this house was built in 1952, I anticipate a lot more electrical work needing done

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

08/22/2020

michael B.

Initial oral estimate $200 lower than final written estimate. Did not hire.

Description of Work
installation of recessed lighting, repair of nonfunctioning electrical outlet

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

08/13/2020

travis O.

Great. One time...accurate estimate. No complaints.

Description of Work
General electrical work

Work Completed On 08/13/2020

08/04/2020

brenda E.

Quick response with quote. Easy to work with - good communication . Scheduled quickly. 2 electricians replaced 4 lights in less than 40 minutes and ensured lights working

Description of Work
Replaced outdoor lighting

Category lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

07/15/2020

Tom C.

Arrived exactly at time promised. Understood what I needed and even moved washer and dryer for me to fit the area with easy access for me. Was not required by him at all. Very pleasant man and very professional.

Description of Work
Change plugs on my washer / dryer from 4 prong to 3 prong

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

06/23/2020

Gary K.

Very professional - Answered every question before the job! Concerned about my well being. Both technicians gave me a secure feeling that the job was being done correctly and professionally. This company wants your business and they give very good quotes...

Description of Work
Electrical Install of Hot Tub & Outside Lights on Garage

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

Nathan Z.

Great. They showed up when the said they would, did the work that they said they would, and charged the price that we agreed to. Chuck and crew were a pleasure to work with. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Upgrade service, install circuit panel

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

Patricia L.

They did a great job. They were kind and considerate.

Description of Work
They replaced wiring and outlets.

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

Jessica W.

Electrician was knowledgeable about issue and fixed it quickly. He was also able to fix a few other minor issues I was having. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Water in electrical panel

Work Completed On 06/18/2020