RAY ESSER & SONS PLUMBING & HEATING

Founded 1961 • With Angi since March 2002

830 WALNUT ST # 1

ELYRIA, OH 44035

Family owned & operated. 15 full time employees. Contracted & Service work provided. All employees are trained in safety and randomly drug tested....

08/09/2020

Michelle G.

I highly recommend RayEsser & Sons Plumbing! They go above & beyond to satisfy a customer’s questions, needs, and concerns. I needed their help on several different occasions for a lateral stoppage in main utility pipe. They spent as long as they needed to correct the problem and made recommendations for future safe use of septic system. This included busting up concrete and replacing old clay pipe that had something stuck in it and continued to obstruct clear drainage of septic pipe. I will always call them first whenever I have an issue with home repairs including other areas I know they have experience in. Thank you so much for your care and service in helping me to enjoy my new home!

Description of Work
Needed Cast Iron Pipe Replaced for my home that sits on a slab.

Category excavators,plumbing,drain cleaning

01/27/2019

Virginia M.

We use Ray Esser and Sons for our plumbing work, and can recommend them highly in terms of quality of the work, timeliness, and communication. I think it's a bit pricey, but I also know I want it done right.

Description of Work
Bathroom faucet and drain installation on 1/16/19

12/27/2017

Lynn M.

Great! Very responsive to come out, investigate, and diagnose the problem. Estimate was reasonable and scheduling was easy. Arrived on time, work done professionally. Thank you - we will be in touch to schedule work for renovating our two upstairs bathrooms!

Description of Work
Repair cracked pipe leading from kitchen sink to basement. Cracked due to foundation settling.

01/30/2017

Jennifer L.

Awesome. Professional. Would definitely hire again

Description of Work
Find a leak

08/11/2016

Nancy S.

I didn't find them on Angie's List, I was just told about them. We were just very satisfied.

Description of Work
I had a plugged toilet and they fixed it.

07/09/2016

Robert P.

I had out of town family visiting, 11 of them. Our toilet clogged and overflowed. I called ESSER & SONS PLUMBING and they were booked for the day, but due to my dire circumstances they rearranged their schedule and had someone at my house in 30 minutes. Clogged cleared. I can't tell you how grateful I was for the extremely fast service. They were so kind and thoughtful and understanding of our circumstances. Very professional and fast. Would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Clogged Toilet

Category drain cleaning

Thank you for the kind review Mr. [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate you calling us. Randy Esser

01/20/2016

Debra M.

I called on Tuesday afternoon and was able to schedule an appointment Wednesday morning. The associates arrived on time, diagnosed the problem. They explained what parts were necessary and went to get them and returned shortly. The repair required cutting through a wall since there was not an access panel. Great care was taken so there will be minimal effort to camouflage it. I received an invoice via email shortly often the job was completed. The parts were parts were 85% of the bill so labor was very reasonable. The parts were replacing what was existing which kept labor costs lower. The guys were polite and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced a pop up bathtub drain.

04/01/2014

Pat K.

Bryan was polite and listened to my explanation of the problem - the water meter showed water coming into the house when everything was off. His diagnosis saved me a lot of time and money. In this case, his experience in the field helped detect the leak under the concrete floor of the house. I was very happy with this experience.

Description of Work
Found water leak in house.

02/27/2014

Brian H.

We had a pretty completely stopped kitchen drain and we were worried that it was perhaps frozen and/or broken from the cold weather. The plumber showed up and within the first 30 minutes had determined the problem to be a substantial buildup over the last many years. He spent the next two hours removing the buildup with a snake and we now have a perfectly functional kitchen drain. The plumber went into the crawl space (cold and cramped) to research the issue and stuck with it until he was done. The plumber was tenacious and very professional. We thought the charge was a great value for the work he did and I would highly recommend these folks for any plumbing job. We will have them back to install a backup sump pump soon.

Description of Work
Drain cleaning

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Thank you for the positive review. Ray Esser & Sons employee, Rob W. will receive a copy of your comments. We appreciate you business. Randy Esser

01/12/2014

Virginia M.

We have used Ray Esser three times. Their name was on the 11-year-old hot water heater in the house we just bought, and when it conked out (right after we bought the house - darn!), we called them to remove the old and purchase a new. They quickly replaced the hot water heater - no muss, no fuss. We were very pleased with the experience. While they were there, we got them to give us an estimate on upgrading our sump pump. They gave a reasonable quote, and we have been very happy with the work they did. So, when the discharge line froze during the extreme temperatures, we called them. I'm sure they were very busy, but the dispatch person in the office said he would find a technician to help us. Later that same day, the plumber who had done all of the previous work at our house, Rob, came out and diagnosed the problem. He could not fix it completely that day, since everything was still frozen, but he promised us he would come back. Without reminders, he re-contacted my husband and made plans to fix the line and try to change the way the pipe runs to prevent future problems. He was courteous and efficient. We are happy with their responsiveness, the quality of the work and the price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Fixed a sump pump discharge line that had frozen and cracked during the polar vortex.

Category plumbing

Rob is very happy that he was able to provide our services in your time of need. He is even more happy that you acknowledge his effort to provide our customers with prompt professional service. Thank you for your review. Randy Esser

Platinum Xtreme Excavating, LLC

Providing excavation services. We specialize in land clearing, driveway excavations, property culverts, basement digs, trenching for water lines and utilities, leveling for foundations, landscaping retaining walls, pond digs and other custom projects. We are a small privately owned company that will give you a personal touch to your project.

Rigor Excavating, LLC

Rigor excavating provides services such as sewer repair, stump removal, drainage tile, footer and much more! i started the business when i was 19 years old i am the owner operator!

Depew Drilling

wells and pumps water treatment

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

ALL RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL PLUMBING SERVICES, NATURAL GAS WORK, BACKFLOW INSTALLATION & TESTING, WATER SERVICE REPLACEMENTS, EXCAVATING SERVICES, WATER HEATER REPLACEMENTS, HOT WATER BOILER INSTALLATION & SERVICE, WELDING SERVICES, NEW & REMODEL WORK, SMALL DRAIN LINE SNAKING OR CLEANING & FIXTURE AND OR FAUCET REPLACEMENTS.

MAIN LINE SEWER CLEANING.