Prevent Pest Control

Founded 1996 • With Angi since November 2009

4.4

129 Reaser Ct

ELYRIA, OH 44035

Licensed, Insured, Christian-Owned Pest Control Specialists serving Ohio from Lorain/Cleveland/Akron to Columbus/Dayton/Cincinnati for over 15 years using Child and Pet-Safe Procedures.

02/18/2020

LEIGH H.

I saw what I thought was a mouse at the foundation of my home. Called Prevent Pest Control to come out and see. They told me they would come out check for mice & setup bait station & I had to buy the bait station. Man came out that same day and I told him where I saw the mouse/activity at the outside foundation of my home. He gave me some sticky traps to setup in my garage & put the bait station at the opposite side of my home where I did not see any activity. A couple of days later I saw more mice running around my foundation. I called another pest control service & they came out & saw right away that I did not have mice but voles. They setup bait station all around my home & in my garage even checked inside my home for any pests. Prevent Control did not even know a mouse from a vole and never checked inside of my home. Prevent charged me approx. $240.00 for doing nothing.

Description of Work
Pest Control

07/05/2017

John K.

inexperienced person sent. Unable to answer questions

Description of Work
Spraying inside and out for bugs

02/04/2016

MICHAEL H.

First rate job.Technician was excellent.

Description of Work
Treat for carpenter ants

07/02/2015

bob R.

I have had them out here before. They come out twice a year. They were real professional. Good punctuality. The owner thanked me before he left.

Description of Work
Pest Control/Exterminating. The one guy sprayed the inside. Baseboards. Around the windows. All rooms. The other guy sprayed the outside. The back patio, front patio, all the way around the house, the windows on the outside, inside my shed, along the driveway and even the sidewalks.

06/16/2015

sharon D.

It was wonderful. A+ They were very friendly and nice. They went above and beyond call of duty. They were very thorough in what they did and great customer service.

Description of Work
They did a bug spray around the house.

01/28/2015

Marie H.

Description of Work
Exterminating services. Service tech was very pleasant and helpful.

01/19/2015

Tim M.

The job was excellent. The two technicians that came were knowledgeable, helpful, and great. They did what they said they were going to do. They even did what I consider a little extra. I would certainly recommend them to others. This company used chemicals rather than a heat treatment or other techniques that other companies may use and some people don't like. For us, it worked. I will use them in the future.

Description of Work
They've serviced our home twice. They treated a minor bed bug issue.

06/03/2014

Tara R.

After using another company for some time, I contacted Prevent Pest Control after hearing an ad. I actually spoke to the owner when I called. He was great and let me know just what he recommended and what they would do. Service person called prior to coming out and even made an adjustment on the time with me. He was very thorough and explained everything he was doing as he did it. I feel my house was very well sprayed. So far - we haven't seen one spider or bee nearly a week later. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Treated the interior and exterior of my home for spiders, bees, etc.

03/03/2014

Teri K.

We have used prevent pest control for years and absolutely love them. When we lived in Vermilion, they were the only pest control company that would spray for spiders,midgees and Canadian soldiers in April and in September we still had no bugs. We sat outside while our neighbors were stuck in the house due to the bugs. Now that we are in Amherst we continue to use them for overall spring spray and are still bug free all spring,summer and fall. Highly recommend them for any and all pest problems anyone may have. The best pest control company we have Ever used. AAAAA++++ rating from us!

Description of Work
Annual pest spraying.

10/09/2013

Matthew K.

They were fantastic. They were on time and they gave me a call before they got here. They told me exactly when they would be here and did more work than I expected for the amount of money I gave them.

Description of Work
We have used Prevent Pest Control for pest control. They sprayed the inside and outside of the house and they also got rid of about 15 bee's nest that for all located in the shed and one giant bald-faced hornet's nest.

11/20/2012

Mikhail A.

Good.

Description of Work
Good service, good value. They are certainly on my short list if I need to use the service at other properties.

09/04/2012

Nancy C.

They were ok. They were on time.

Description of Work
They did routine pest control.

09/14/2011

Rob C.

Prevent pest control is a very good company to work with. The crew was very professional and knowledgeable about the different kinds of pests/bugs. They were on time to the job and worked very efficiently. There prices are very reasonable as well. I would recommend this company to anyone and would use them again. I didn't have any problems with them at all.

Description of Work
I had them spray the outside of our property for bees, hornets, and ants.

09/13/2011

Carole P.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the work this company. The crew was very courteous and efficient in there work. After they were finished with the job they cleaned up after themselves nicely. I have used this company a few times and will continue to use them.

Description of Work
I had them spray outside for bees. I have had them out another time to spray to pests.

09/12/2011

ELEANOR V.

I have been using them for several years now and everything turned out great. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. Over the years they have proven to be a reliable company and they are a very easy to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company to anyone that my need there services.

Description of Work
I had them out to spray for carpenter ants.

10/28/2010

Robert F.

Tech stuffed some steel wool under the siding and filled with expandable foam. While not a 100% thorough pro job, no mo' mice in my basement so I'm happy. They did "argue" with me that once they seal the gap I would have mice running around my basement so they wanted to do an abatement phase by placing poison blocks and sticky traps in several areas. Well in over a week I have trapped nothing. Should have stayed with my own plan of using snap traps to finish off any trapped mice and saved the money for the poison/sticky traps. Anyway Prevent did a good job but it took the tech longer to fill out the invoice than it did to do the work.

Description of Work
I found the area where mice were getting into my basement and called Prevent to come on out and seal it up. I specifically asked if the tech would be able to pull up the siding (right against the foundation) and seal the gap. That's what was agreed to. We'll that's not what really happened but looking back that was OK.

08/14/2010

Trevor N.

Living in a more rural area, my house was getting its share of spiders and bees nesting on the exterior of my house. Prevent Pest Control were responsive to my call, able to schedule someone to show up within 2 days, to provide an instant estimate and perform the spray/service. The pest control worker had my house sprayed from top to bottom within 20-30 minutes, and I saw results immediately. They said their spray was guaranteed for 2 months, but most people get 3-4 months out of it before it loses its effectiveness, depending on rain/weather. The worker left an invoice with me, which I paid through the mail shortly afterwards. The whole process was very easy and I would use this company again should the need arise.

Description of Work
I had the exterior of my house sprayed to prevent spiders and bees.

11/11/2009

CONSTANCE S.

The price was kind of steep this time because of the problem we had with this type of beetle getting in our trees and in the yard. They are very conscientious and they also do commerical businesses. They do a nice and clean job and answer all of your questions.

Description of Work
Prevent Pest Control sprayed inside and outside our home for a particular type of beetle we've had problems with. I have been using them for years.

Advanced Exterminating

****PLEASE CALL (216) 798-9619 TO RECEIVE IMMEDIATE SERVICE****Advanced Exterminating Co. is Northeast Ohio's premier pest control service with local technicians who are trained and experienced to serve your needs. We strive to go above and beyond for our clients and believe the job isn't done until you are fully satisfied. We eliminate Bees, Wasps, Hornets, Ants, Fleas, Bed Bugs, Spiders, Centipedes, Mice & Other Rodents. Don't see your "pest" listed here? Call us to see if we can get it under control. We are VA FAK licensed for real estate inspections and are licensed through the Dept of Agriculture. For quality pest control services at an affordable price - look no further than Advanced Exterminating Co. Call us today! (216) 798-9619

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Allied Exterminating Inc

Locally owned & operated. Additional DAB - Allied Exterminating. Additional phones - (330) 453-3479, (330) 535-4800, (419) 624-8000, (440) 277-7141, (440) 324-2277, (440) 324-6592, (440) 899-7500, (440) 946-4850 & (440) 967-4000.

Satisfaction

Commercial and Residential, Interior & exterior treatments, Bed Bugs, Drain Flies, Carpenter Ants, Spiders, Rodents, Termites, Bees, Wasps, and much more.

Ask for details.