Bill Jackson Roofing Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since January 2010

Bill Jackson Roofing is Ohio’s premier roofing contractor. We perform a variety of services including roofing, gutter installation and attic insulation. If you are looking for a roofing contractor for life then you came to the right place. We will make appointments on time because we understand your time is valuable. Let Bill Jackson Roofing Inc., and our 19 years of service perform the quality work you deserve at a fair price. For your convenience you can schedule an appointment below or feel free to call and schedule with our office manager Stacy. I hope our website was easy to maneuver around on and has the information you expected. If you would like us to change or add anything on our site to better serve you your feedback would be much appreciated. We show up when scheduled and perform the work contracted to do....

Chimney Flashing

+2 more images

roofing (127)gutter repair (6)siding companies (5)roof cleaning (4)woodworking (3)chimney repair (3)gutter cleaning (3)skylight installation (1)masonry (1)

09/18/2020

David B.

Excellent service. Crew was prompt, neat and very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Replace leaking skylight

Category skylights, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

08/28/2020

Lionel W.

Roof installation/complete rip-off and replacement

Description of Work
It was awesome doing business with them from the moment I spoke with Frank and decided to use their services. Once on site the crew performed a very clean and efficient job....Keep up the fine work over there y’all! Very satisfied with our new roof Highly recommended

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

05/06/2019

Christina T.

Bill Jackson Roofing installed a new roof in October 2010 and provided a 15 year warranty. We noticed stains on the kitchen ceiling in late 2017/early 2018; shortly thereafter another dark stain appeared on the second story bedroom ceiling. Bill sent a guy over on 10/22/18 who inspected the roof and related that "we'll take care of you." I called again in January 2019 as I'd not heard from Bill, who then sent his sales guy who also inspected the roof and observed that Bill might hesitate to perform a repair that "might cost over $1,000.". A second visit from the sales guy prompted a visit from an actual roofer to who took photos of the attic area and garage rafters (where water spotting was plainly visible beneath the area where the main roof joined the garage roof). Shortly thereafter Bill called to tell me the roof was "fine" and blamed the leakage on the siding and "old caulk." I subsequently hired a Certified Master home inspector who used thermal imaging equipment to establish beyond a doubt that the leak originated from improperly installed flashing, as recommendations by the manufacturer to install step flashing were not followed. Roof shingles were saturated around the failed flashing as water was being absorbed by the shingles, rather than flowing properly off the roof. Inspector indicated siding job was excellent, and as far as the presence of caulk - there was none. I sent Bill the inspection report and asked him to contact me with resolution no later than May 3, a week after sending him the full inspection report.

Description of Work
Repair of leak for roof under warranty

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

Review for Bill Jackson Roofing Inc - 7516 West Ridge Rd, ELYRIA, OH - 37859584

I'm the one who told you to contact a 3rd party to inspect your home as we do not believe your roof has any issues. If your roof was having issues along a wall don't you think it would have leaked prior to 8 years of Ohio weather? Either way it blows my mind that you have not contacted me about your inspection as the point of that inspection was to prove the roof is correct or if they some how found something that we was unable to find we could come up with a solution for your issue. If you would like to contact me and go over report I would gladly do so. By the way the last bad report you gave us a A for price and a B for punctuality.

12/09/2018

REBECCA L.

They worked with me easily to schedule a time that allowed for the nasty Ohio weather. Both the gutter cleaning and the roof tuneup went without a hitch. I was very happy with their service and intend to use them on a regular basis to keep my roof in tip-top shape!

Description of Work
I had Bill Jackson clean my gutters and do roof inspection and tune up.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

09/05/2018

Andrew T.

Communication was challenging at some points. Didn’t know when the crew would start till hours beforehand after a couple reschedules. Roof looks good, have already received some compliments from neighbors. Cleanup was good. Nails were well cleaned up, as expected still find some weeding but a minimal amount. There was one area I had to cleanup some debris but nothing major. Material was dropped off a week before, a box was left in the grass causing a dead spot. Overall, my expectations were met by this contractor. Any issues that arose were handled without question from BJR. I’d recommend this contractor for your roofing needs.

Description of Work
Tear Off / New Roof

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

Review for Bill Jackson Roofing Inc - 7516 West Ridge Rd, ELYRIA, OH - 37377196

Thanks for your business. Your review really helps us with improving our services. Thanks again for everything. Bill Jackson

05/24/2018

Steve S.

Bill Jackson was most responsive and professional of companies I got quotes from. Work couldn’t start right away because of winter weather, but they came out and patched damage parts of roof before the snow started to fall. Roof looks great, and they also replaced entire gutter in back of house.

Description of Work
Tree fell on property, damaging our roof. Allstate assessed that entire roof needed replacing.

Work Completed On 05/04/2018

Thanks a lot for your review [Member Name Removed]. Glad you was happy with our service.

04/23/2018

Randall & Charlotte W.

The professionalism of all involved in the project was excellent including the sales staff to those actually replacing the roofs. The sites were cleaned up and any issues were taken care of quickly.

Description of Work
Replacement of two buildings with asphalt shingles and replacement of a barn roof with standing seam material

Work Completed On 04/21/2018

03/06/2018

Liza N.

A thorough inspection was done, and the owner even showed us how to repair one shingle that was raised on our attached garage.

Description of Work
Mr. Jackson came out as part of the $99 Roof inspection package we purchased through Angie's List. He was able to fully inspect the roof on our home and attached garage.

12/04/2017

thaveesak B.

Still leak. They came and gave us an estimate to repair the leakage ($2,600). They promised it will fix the leakage. Then they said they need more money to fix the same problem so we agreed to pay more money. It still leaks. Finally, they just ignore us (didn't return the phone call). We had to get another contractor to fix our roof. The contractor said it was a poor job that Bill Jackson Roofing did. Our new contractor removed all their work and replace with a new one and it fixed the leakge.

Description of Work
Water leaking through into office room through roof

Work Completed On 12/04/2017

09/25/2017

Brian H.

The work was done in a timely manner and we are very pleased with the results of both the inspection and the tasks involved. Bill Jackson Roofing is a very professional and personable firm to do business with. When the roof is done, we will have Bill Jackson involved.

Description of Work
We had Bill Jackson Roofing perform a roof inspection. We wanted to know where we were in the life of the roof. Bill performed the inspection and we have documentation we wanted for planning. Bill called out a couple of items that needed attention (caulking and such) and we had them resolved.

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

06/19/2017

Steve S.

No follow up to my phone call about chimney cap be replaced was given. Still waiting. Probably shouldn't have paid prior to cap being put back up.

Description of Work
Garage roof repair, gutter and fascia replacement. Asked chimney cap be reinstalled, Crew that showed up, said they didn't have ladders or equipment to reach chimney.

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

[Member Name Removed], The chimney cap was not included in our proposal. You called after the estimate was given for work on your garage and asked if we could take a look at the chimney cap. Your chimney was to high in the air for us to reach. I thought my crew leader had told you that. Sorry about the miss understanding. We would need a lift or bigger ladders than we have to replace it.

06/15/2017

John M.

We called Bill the night that we found a leak in our ceiling and left a message. The call was returned the next day and Bill came out a couple days later. He seemed knowledgeable and was friendly. He understood my elder father had limited income and had recently broke his neck. We were given a couple options and we went with the most expensive option. Bill told us he would send estimates and once contract was signed he would get started. He didn't show up and I had to call 3 separate times over 1 1/2 weeks and then one day I get a call from someone different and he shows up an hour later to look at the job. This new guy was a subcontractor or at least he acted like it. He was friendly but I was not impressed. First off he didn't know what we had talked with Bill about and I had to continually tell him that that's not what Bill and I discussed. If I wasn't there it would have been half complete. Then he was like " I don't do roofs they will come out later". That night we got a storm and the gutters leaked just as bad as the old ones. I called Bill and he said he would caulk the gutters so the water wouldn't run behind the gutters. He came out while we were at a doctors appointment and he did the roof repair and told me he caulked the gutters where they didn't mount flush to the soffit. It rained that night and the gutters still leaked all over the place. The next day I look at his caulk job and it honestly looked like a 3 year old was playing with a caulk gun. I got a call about the payment, dad gets paid on the first, I explained the leak issues again. His receptionist said she would tell Bill and he would call me back. Surprise no call. Dad sent payment in a couple days ago, I hope this company doesn't treat all senior citizens this way.

Description of Work
We needed a roof leak repaired, new gutters, soffit leaks repaired, singles replaced.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

When I came out to give estimate I told you we were a few weeks behind on installation. The first guy that came out was to do the gutters so yes that is correct he does not do roofing. 2 different trades. A few days later our roofers came out to do the roof repairs. That was just how the schedule unfolded. You said you had an issue with the gutters and I came out with a few guys and took care of the issue and that issue was water running behind the gutter. We caulked the back of the gutter in the areas where that was happening. Sorry you are upset with our service but I feel we did everything we stated we would do and also had a very fast response to you issues.

06/14/2017

Jean M.

Very well.I have utilized Bill's services in the past, he is wonderful to work with and is very professional I recommend him very highly. In this instance there was no problems with the gutters and Bill was very prompt and professional and did not charge for the inspection.

Description of Work
Inspection of gutters after General Home inspection called for review of gutters..

Work Completed On 06/14/2017

05/28/2017

Jennifer H.

Work was completed to repair a small leak in our roof. The roofing system used in the repair did not match the remainder of our roof and in the first rain the leak still "leaked". I called the owner and expressed my dissatisfaction. He spent significant additional time and materials to resolve the problem, at no cost to us beyond what was originally proposed and we now have no more leaks.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 05/28/2017

05/16/2017

John B.

Noone ever showed up. Left 2 messages on answering machine for explanation. Noone ever called back. Left message on Angie's List stating displeasure with service. Noone ever contacted to explain. To date I do not know why noone ever showed up. Just missed a day of work for no reason.

Description of Work
Needed a paid roof inspection and scheduled for a Friday at 10:30 a.m. Took day off work to insure access to any needed areas.

Work Completed On 05/05/2017

I called you the day of appointment to confirm and someone answered and told me I had the wrong number. I called the number again to make sure I didn't dial wrong and was hung up on. We emailed trying to get correct number and got no response. Yes you are correct on you did call and ask what was going on and didn't leave a phone number.

04/18/2017

Toni B.

I highly recommend Bill Jackson roofing if you are searching for a roofing company in Northeast Ohio. I recently sustained substantial wind damage during a storm that ultimately resulted in a tear-off and replacement of my roof. I had never filed an insurance claim so I was unsure of the process. Bill was very knowledgeable and walked me through from beginning to end, answering all my questions and providing everything I needed for my insurance claim. Not only was Bill Jackson Roofing by far the lowest estimate I got, he also came out right away and patched my roof, which most certainly saved me from incurring further damage from the snow and rain that occurred in the days following the wind storm. The quality of the material Bill used is superior to my original roof and his crew completed my house in one day (which is all the more impressive because I have a very tall house with multiple roof pitches). Bill Jackson himself is an honest man who provided me with excellent customer service and his crew performed a quality job done quickly. Bill absolutely treated me like family, and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Description of Work
Bill Jackson Roofing completed a tear off and replacement of my house and garage roof.

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

Thanks again for your business. It was a pleasure working with you.

04/12/2017

Anita G.

Very well, damage from this and another storm was repaired promptly.

Description of Work
Just minor repair work was needed for wind damage.

Cost $202.5

Work Completed On 01/17/2017

04/10/2017

Daniel S.

Went great, showed up ext day. Make sure to call to schedule appointment, the electronic proposal acceptance doesn't always prompt an appointment.

Description of Work
Aging roof required some repairs and sealing.

Work Completed On 12/12/2016

03/26/2017

Jonathan and Holly D.

Quite well. Roof was fixed and areas reinforced. Trustworthy and professional roofers.

Description of Work
Inspected roof and made repairs as needed.

Work Completed On 03/26/2017

03/08/2017

Mark K.

Very pleased with the responsiveness and quality of work. And ecstatic about the price. Beat 3 other estimates.

Description of Work
2-layer tear off and re-roof

Work Completed On 02/23/2017

03/02/2017

Rebecca B.

The only real complaint is that the work was subcontracted out and the clean up was poor. i found lots of old shingles in my shrubs and the worst was the huge number of roofing staples left in the lawn. apparently their pick up magnet was not working well, but no one came back to recheck when a call was made. This was not good for children, pets or tires!

Description of Work
home roof replacement

Work Completed On 03/02/2017

11/01/2016

Thomas S.

We were very please with the whole process from the time of quote until completion of the project. The price was very competitive, timing of the work to be done fit our schedule, the workers displayed professionalism, there was no high pressure sales pitch; and, we are very pleased with the way our home looks with its new roof with our choice of shingles.....Very painless.

Description of Work
Roof over and replacement valleys and flashing as required.

Work Completed On 10/14/2016