AAA Appliance Service Inc

Founded 1950 • With Angi since August 2005

41734 Griswold Rd

ELYRIA, OH 44035

We are a locally family-owned business.

09/25/2019

Sheri T.

Great! Prompt courteous service. It was a faulty connector. He replaced it and all is well!

Description of Work
Leaking dishwasher

10/02/2017

PATRICIA B.

Always responsive and willing to accommodate my schedule and needs. Work completed as soon as required part arrived. Answers and returns calls promptly. Very professional and neat. Gives excellent advice and explanations of the work being done. I trust Chuck's work completely.

Description of Work
Fixed a leaking valve in dishwasher and fixed a malfunctioning ice maker in refrigerator.

02/27/2017

Mitch B.

Fixed on 3rd attempt, but not the fault of AAA. They received bad advise from manufactuer's tech support. Upon AAA's recommendation, we were able to get free parts and service for the 3rd service call.

Description of Work
Fix ice maker for refrigerator

Category appliance repair

We are so glad that everything worked out for the customer. The factories are usually pretty good about working with the consumers.

01/13/2017

Shelley C.

They are very prompt, polite, and professional.

Description of Work
They repaired our refrigerator.

10/25/2016

Barbara B.

Did not use them. Cycle corrected itself.

Description of Work
Washing was not cycling correctly

09/29/2016

Sharon K.

Chuck identified the problem quickly. He ordered the part and returned 2 days later and fixed the problem with a new propeller. It is back to functioning as it should. Chuck is always professional, explained the problem and what needs to be done to fix it. AAA Appliance has worked with all our major appliances and his service is valued and trusted. The price for each visit is reasonable. This company is our primary appliance repair choice when we are in need of this kind of service. I highly recommend calling them when your appliance need repair.

Description of Work
Our Maytag washer's water pump broke.

08/15/2016

Tushar M.

Initial visit for inspection was scheduled quickly and they worked patiently with my warranty program to order parts and was replaced and fixed within 5 days. extremely professional and quick response. will use it in future.

Description of Work
Fix the dryer

07/23/2015

Gary F.

We've had an electric GE dryer for just over 7 years. I noticed this past weekend that it didn't seem to be drying like it should. We often use the low heat setting and that wasn't working. My wife had to switch the temperature setting to high heat. Monday rolls around and the dryer still didn't seem right. I ended up calling AAA Appliance Service and explained the situation. The lady I spoke was extremely polite and helpful. She mentioned that the problem could be with lint and to check that first. I checked the the dryer exhaust and it was fine. Per her suggestion, I also checked the flow of air from the dryer vent on the back of the house. That didn't seem restricted. I ended up finding a YouTube video showing how to take off the dryer's top and front panels. It turns out that there was quite a bit of lint that had accumulated. I saw no way of getting to it without first removing the panels. We've used the dryer twice on the low heat setting and it seems to be back to normal. I can't thank AAA Appliance enough for their help. The company could've easily dispatched a technician, but they saved me the cost of a service call at the very least. That honesty deserves to be mentioned! I would not hesitate to use this company again in the future.

Description of Work
Dryer was not drying as it should.

07/07/2015

Margaret H.

I called the company for stove repair as we noticed odor of gas on several occasions over a 6 month period. It was the Friday before July 4 and she said a repairman would be out on Monday and he would call in the morning to give me an appointment time. When the repairman called on Monday, he asked a lot of questions about the stove and what the problem was and how old the stove was. Since the stove was included when we purchased the house two years ago, I was not sure, but it was probably new when the house was built in 2001. He was very knowledgeable and said it was not the top burner that I had suspected and more likely it was the regulator which was located under the broiler. He said he would have to order the part and would have to check the price and call me back in 5 minutes. He called back and the price for the part and the labor would run over $200. He suggested to make sure that was the cause, the next time we smelled a gas odor to open the oven door and if the smell was stronger inside the oven then the regulator needed to be replaced. I asked him if it was dangerous to wait and he said no. I said it probably would be wiser to just buy another stove rather than spend the money to repair it. He did not disagree and told me to call back if I decided to have the repair and they would order and install it. He could have easily come out on a repair call, diagnosed the problem and charged for a service call and then came out again to install and charge for another service call. I appreciate this kind of reputable service and it created a lot of good will in my eyes and they will be to "go to" people for appliance repair from now on. We decided to just replace the stove.

Description of Work
Diagnosed problem over the phone.

05/17/2015

Scott H.

Service was provided by Chuck. He was awesome, reasonably priced, excellent service. Came when promised and did excellent work. I would certainly recommend!!

Description of Work
Replaced a unit in my oven

04/13/2015

FRANK P.

I called to request them to come and look at my mother's dryer that stopped working. They called back and said they could make it the next morning. I said that would be OK but afternoon would be better and Craig he would try to reschedule another appointment which he did and then came in the afternoon. The dryer was 24 years old and he had the replacement with him. I also asked him to look at the washer which was making a squealing noise. He said because of the age it would be better to run it until it breaks and buy a new one. He called me after assessing the situation and gave me a breakdown of the price over the phone for approval before doing anything.

Description of Work
Replaced the heating element in the electric clothes dryer.

04/13/2015

hilda B.

AAA came out to look at a problem with the washer overflowing, tried to repair it without ordering a new part, to save some money, but that didn't work. Came back after ordering a new part, installed and it works great! I am really pleased with the service and technician. I originally called Allied Appliance and they wouldn't even come out. The guy there said to run vinegar through the washer because it was probably plugged, I couldn't believe it, will never contact them again, but I certainly will contact AAA Appliance for any future needs.

Description of Work
Repaired washer -o verflowing

02/10/2015

Sarah H.

They were very professional. They were on-time and prompt with their service. They fixed the issue right away and we have had no problems with our dryer since.

Description of Work
They fixed a horrible noise our dryer was making.

09/05/2014

Fred K.

This is the second time we have used Chuck's Company. He repaired our refrigerator 3 years ago. Chuck is a real professional and very personable. We HIGHLY recommend him.

Description of Work
Repaired our 20 yr old Maytag Gas Dryer...and...cleaned and checked the entire dryer

08/20/2014

Ray Z.

If you need to service an appliance CALL THIS COMPANY. I cannot say enough great things about them. I got a list from Manufacturer of service providers and on a Monday was told 1) we're currently booking appointments 2 months out. 2) You're booked next week. 3) Maybe we'll get to you this week so keep your schedule completely open and we'll call you if/when a technician is available and in your area. 4) We'll be there tomorrow and will call by 9:00 AM to let you know the time. I really appreciated that AAA saw my time as valuable. They called right at 9:00 and gave me a half hour window. If they expected a delay then they would call to update me. The Technician arrived right on time. The problem was definitely a puzzle as it would not happen regularly. The Tech walked it through with me and we ticked off the list of what it MIGHT be. He was quite the detective and it was only because he took the time to run the dishwasher several times that we found a small foreign piece of plastic in the drain hose. It would sometimes float up and block the drain enough to shut down the system. This was not an easy issue to assess and took several cycles of the dishwasher to discover. While waiting we talked about a noise the clothes washer was making, so he checked it out at NO CHARGE because he had to wait on the dishwasher. He went over and above the call of duty to solve my problems. Call these folks. They are great to work with.

Description of Work
Dishwasher would sometimes not drain, with no apparent reason. It was a puzzle that needed a detective to deduce the problem.

03/17/2014

GAIL B.

It went very well. I was happy that they worked around my schedule. I think they are a great company. They do seem to try to fix things instead of trying to sell you on something new which I like.

Description of Work
They fixed my Maytag washer as it wasn't advancing through the cycle all the way. They replaced the control board and motor.

03/07/2014

Debbie L.

Repeated phone calls were made to provider to get apt scheduled. I needed a late afternoon or Saturday appt for a washer repair. 2/3 people I spoke with were borderline rude and/or acted like they were doing me a favor just to talk to me. I got the run around (told several different things) and the burden of trying to get apt scheduled was placed on me. I was told to call daily to see if they could get to me. When I called today, one woman said and quot;Can you be home at 3 pm? The repair man can/will be there at 3 p.m.and quot; I told her I could and immediately cancelled another appointment so I could be there at that time. About 25 minutes later, another person called me back around 3 pm and informed me that the repair person was NOT coming after all ... and quot;He wasn't in my area.and quot; I attempted to voice my anger over being jerked around and the woman kept interrupting me, making lengthy excuses. I finally asked her to let me speak and to please not interrupt so I could give her the whole story of what happened. Again, excuses made. I never once felt they really wanted my business during my contacts with them. Professionalism and customer service was poor. When I asked to be removed from the and quot;wait listand quot; (because they wouldn't give me a firm apt time/date). I was told, Good luck finding another company to service your washer.and quot; I would never use or recommend this company to anyone! AND, I amvery happy to say another Angies List provider was more than happy to provide me with the needed repair service, was polite and friendly and will be coming out to get the job done early next week!

Description of Work
NOTHING ... I cancelled service request.

Category appliance repair

The customer insisted on having a technician come out AFTER 4:30 which is almost impossible to do but we try and accommodate our customers. She was told we would do the best we could but could not give her a specific day when this time would work for our technicians. We asked if possibly there was a neighbor or a friend that could let the technician in but that wasn't an option. We told her if there was ever a day where she could be home earlier to please call us and we would try to accommodate her. She became irate and would not listen to any suggestions and threatened to ruin our reputation. Customer service is our main priority and unfortunately we could not do or say anything to appease this client. Therefore we told her we would cancel her call/appointment and to please call someone else.

01/20/2014

DORIS T.

Contacted provider to ask about small appliance repair and was told and quot;We only handle large appliancesand quot;

Description of Work
Provider handles ONLY large appliance repairs.

Category small appliance repair

We feel we should not be "graded" on this review, due to the fact that we are a MAJOR APPLIANCE SERVICER. It should not be held against us that we don't repair small household appliance..ie toasters, blenders etc...

01/11/2014

Nancy T.

We needed to replace one of the baffles inside our gas dryer (had cracked/became loose). Called around to several appliance service centers in our area--AAA Appliance/the ladies in their office were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable; AAA offered a good price in our opinion for the replacement part and were able to get the part ASAP. While we only needed one baffle, we actually ordered 3 in total; one to replace the broken baffle and 2 to keep on hand for future repairs, thus the total cost is for 3 parts. We took their business card for future reference not only for parts but for service call consideration as well.

12/11/2013

Larry M.

GREAT!!! The contact on the initial phone call asked for details as well as make and model of washer. These details were clearly written on the repair order, which, I'm sure, greatly assisted the technician. Appointment was scheduled for and quot;after 1 PM.and quot; I was 10 minutes late from a volunteer meeting, but there he was in the driveway. He knew what the problem was even before he saw the washer (and quot;lid-switchand quot;); he could either replace it or bypass it, my choice. I chose to bypass it (and eliminate this same problem from reoccurring in the future). In less than 15 minutes the job was done and the washer repaired. They (he) charged a fair price and included a senior discount without being asked. Thanks, AAA Appliance, Elyria, if I ever need appliance repair in the future, I will certainly call you.

Description of Work
Repaired clothes washer that stopped in the middle of the rinse cycle and would not go to spin cycle.

08/20/2013

RICHARD L.

Everything went extremely well. Chuck was terrific. He worked very efficiently and thoroughly.The end result of his detailed work is outstanding. He is the absolute best .

Description of Work
Repaired Bosch Dishwasher.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

07/10/2013

Annette D.

They did not charge me because they could not fix it. They are very good. You can usually get someone to come to your house within 24 hours.

Description of Work
They were out to look at my refrigerator. They have also looked at my dryer in the past.

06/03/2013

Patrick G.

Called the day before and was informed that repair man's day is booked but would be available the next day. Asked me how old the machine was and I said 6 years and was thinking of replacing it. Woman said don't that it's only used up half it's life and it's worth fixing. She was fairly sure what the problem was. As promised, repairman called before he left his shop. Asked all the right questions as far as symptoms go. Called me at my office later in the morning, said he would be there in 30 minutes, he was waiting in my driveway when I arrived. Had the right part with him. Gave tips on more efficient dryer usage. In and out in 20 minutes and I was back in my office in less than 90 minutes. Saved us $600+, will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced door switch on Whirlpool Dryer

01/30/2013

RICHARD L.

Chuck called 4 hours prior to scheduled appointment to confirm he would be on time. he provided terrific servce ...verythorough in checking to make sure the repair made solved the problem. Will definitely use again. Outstanding customer service.

Description of Work
Repaired Dishwasher.

09/14/2012

BILL C.

Called for an appointment on a Wednesday. Asked it they could handle it that Friday, as I knew I would be able to get off of work that day. They confirmed that they could schedule it for Friday morning.. Took a day off of work to be home for the technician. Didn't receive the promised follow up phone call Friday AM. When I called them, I was told they couldn't come until Monday, and the the original appointment was set and quot;if there was a cancellationand quot;. I was NOT told that the appointment was contingent upon a cancellation when I originally called. I would not have taken a day off of work for a and quot;maybeand quot; appointment. Unbelievable!

Description of Work
No service provided. No show.

Express Appliance Repair

Quick, Reliable Service We provide an upfront $120 Service Fee! No hourly charges. We set ourselves apart from the competition by offering no nonsense Flat Rate Quotes. Only pay the price you are quoted before any repair is done, no matter how long the diagnosis may take. Our techs are trained frequently in the ever changing designs and technology to stay ahead of the curve.

2022 Super Service Award

Mr. Handyman of Cleveland's Northwest Suburbs

Mr. Handyman solves all your home repair and home project needs. We have been in business for over 12 years. Our technicians are highly skilled, with over 10 years experience. They are capable performing any project around the home and our work is guaranteed. We have the staff to respond to any request for work within three business days or sooner. We also do bathroom and kitchen remodeling.

First Class Property Management

We’re First Class Property Management and we have been in the home remodeling business in the Medina and surrounding areas since 2012. First Class property management is a full service remodeling company that is devoted to building homes that everyone dreams of. We believe that attention to detail and customer service sets us apart from our competition, and it is what allows us to continue to focus on high-end projects. We work with the property owner to select the highest grade materials possible, and we continue to contact the customer even after the job has been completed. We at First Class Property Management take pride in everything we do and never cut corners. Not only are you getting a home of your dreams but our best seller has always been our quality and service.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Appliance repair and over the counter parts sales

We do not sell appliances.