Golden Bear Carpet Cleaning

Founded 1972 • With Angi since April 1999

5677 Wilcox Road

Dublin, OH 43016

Since 1972, locally owned Golden Bear Carpet Cleaning has continually granted Dublin, Ohio and the surrounding Columbus homeowners satisfaction one rug at a time through its unmatchable carpet cleaning work. We specialize in cleaning oriental rugs, a unique and much-needed service that requires specific skills that many other cleaning companies cannot offer. Golden Bear Carpet Cleaning has grown into one of the most widely respe...

11/10/2017

KEVIN J.

The couch was stained and odorous. the crew was prompt, professional, and very polite, and the price was very fair--$80 for a 10 foot-long couch. They worked for about 40 minutes. When they left the couch looked almost like new. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
A two-man crew cleaned a couch one day after my initial call to ask about their services.

11/06/2015

SANDRA B.

Prompt service after contacting them. Have previously used this company. Very thorough and carefully completed the sofa cleaning job.

Description of Work
Cleaned and Scotch Guarded sofa

06/25/2015

Stephen F.

Great! They showed up when promised and were very thorough and professional. We had previously used a firm that used a "dry cleaning" technique. The steam cleaning provided by GBCC proved to be much more effective. I'd forgotten the true colors in one of our oriental area rugs!

Description of Work
Cleaning and Scotch Guard for 2 area rugs, hallway rug, 4 recliners, and a sofa.

Category carpet cleaners,oriental rug cleaning

06/03/2015

ROBERT B.

Mr. Biggs arrived on time and immediately went to work. Replace furniture and told us what need to stay on the tile floor until later. Spotted all the spots that needed extra care and the carpeting looks great. Would use Golden Bear again.

Description of Work
Cleaned 3+rooms of carpet and runners. Two chairs also.

05/11/2015

John H.

Terrific service! Jack has cleaned expensive hand-made Oriental rugs for years. They look great. Saved a fortune! Will certainly use again.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpet in two rooms plus two hand-made Oriental rugs and three small throw rugs.

Category carpet cleaners,oriental rug cleaning

11/06/2014

JOYCE H.

I have used this company for several years and continue to be impressed with the results of their work. Dick and John arrived during the expected time window, set up the equipment, and positioned furniture in an efficient, professional manner. Furniture was replaced as they worked through the house. This included moving box springs and mattress of a king side bed. Overall the job took about 4 hours and the results were great as usual.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpeting in 4 bedrooms, one hallway, one set of stairs, living room, dining room and family room.

10/28/2014

James T.

Terrific professional service. Highly recommended . We have used these guys several times throughout the years. Always dependable and courteous.

Description of Work
Complete deep cleaning and provided scotch guard to the carpet. The men show up right on schedule and protected our furnishings like they were their own. Plastic was put under every leg of furniture to prevent rusting. Best service of all was I spilled black coffee after the cleaning and the men came out two different times to treat the stain all at no charge. Great company to deal with I would highly recommend Gold Bear

08/23/2014

RUTH W.

I couldn't have asked for a better job. Two workers arrived, and as soon as they understood the assignment, they began working. They were punctual and neat in their work.

Description of Work
They cleaned all my area rugs, including our Oriental carpets. In addition, they cleaned my 3-piece livingroom furniture I was preparing to pass on to new owners. I couldn't have asked for a better job.

11/12/2013

JOYCE H.

I have used this company to do my annual carpet cleaning for the past few years. I have always been able to schedule the work on a day and time convenient for me. The team of Dick and John always arrive during the agreed to time. They are used to the layout of my house and I understand the process they follow so the work is performed efficiently and effectively and the carpeting looks like new when the job is completed.

Description of Work
This company cleaned carpeting in 4 bedrooms, one hallway, stairway, family room, dining room and living room in about 4 hours. All furniture with the exception of a few pieces was moved and replaced. This included cleaning under a king-size mattress and box spring.

10/22/2013

Kevin and Elizabeth F.

Jeff came & assessed the area rugs and gave me his professional opinion. No “sugar coating.” Very nice & professional man. What he said he could do was accomplished. Would use them again & have recommended him to family & friends.

Description of Work
Cleaned area rugs with pet stains. Main rug has high traffic area and looks new after service. As for pet stains – a wonderful job!

Category oriental rug cleaning

09/05/2013

Shari S.

They did a great job as usual.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpet

11/13/2012

JOYCE H.

I have used this company for several years to do the annual cleaning of my carpeting. I made the appointment several weeks ago and Dick and John turned up at the promised time without any follow up calls.The team worked diligently for 4 hours and very carefully moved and replaced furniture in the same place as the carpet was cleaned. Plastic protectors were put under the feet of the furniture. They also had to move a King size mattress and the box springs in order to clean under the bed in the master bedroom which is quite a feat! I was very pleased with the results and look forward to hiring them again in 2013.

Description of Work
The team cleaned carpeting in 3 bedrooms, office, dining room, living room, family room, hallway and stairs. They also scotch guarded the family room and well traveled area in the hallway.

10/01/2012

Wanita S.

Two cleaners arrived, the day after I called, to clean two white couches that I have had for over twenty years. Before stepping into my home, they put on paper booties. They knew what to use on my dry-clean-only couches, and quickly made them look more fabulous than I expected for such old, well-used furniture. Their demeanor was professional at all times, and they made helpful suggestions about how I could prolong the life of my old couches. I thought the cost was reasonable. Overall, I was delighted with the service and the result.

Description of Work
Cleaned two white, dry-clean-only couches that I have had for over twenty years.

Category upholstery cleaning

07/19/2012

David R.

The technicians arrived between 9:30 and 10:00a.m. as promised. The lead tech, Dick, called when close for directions. I told him to turn on a certain street and go 5 or 6 blocks. When he arrived his first words to me were 'you were wrong about the blocks, it was more like 10 blocks'. I drove it later and it is 5 blocks.Dick and his assistant did not say 'hello' or tell me their names; i had to ask. We walked into the house and I showed Dick a stain on the carpet. Behind me I saw his assistant go down a hall with a hose on his shoulder. I walked after him and asked what he was doing. He told me that he needed a bathroom sink to attach hose. I was surprised but I told both of them to stop for a minute and explain exactly how their process worked. I was told that they would use cold and warm water out of the bathroom sink and that really no one actually uses hot steam. I then asked how they prevent spreading fleas or bed bugs from other residences. Dick laughed and said that was never a problem. In hindsight I should have asked them to leave then since they seemed very impatient with my questions. I sat down in the kitchen while they started cleaning in the living room. I heard a banging noise and looked to see Dick banging the metal end of the steam attachment into the baseboards with every stroke. I asked him to stop doing that and he said he needed to get the dust along the baseboard. I said I would rather have the dust than marks all over the baseboard. So, he stopped that but later I looked and he was blowing steam between the baseboard and carpet and it was shooting wet pieces of dust along the baseboard. At that point I just wanted them to finish as quickly as possible and leave. They did not pre-treat the stain in the living room and today the stain has appeared again. So, they finished and I was writing a check to them and Dick walked by with a bucket. I heard him pouring water in the bathroom. He claimed that they have to dispose of the dirty water from their machine into the homeowner's toilet because the EPA says so. I could not wait for these men to get out of my house! I called the office after they left and talked to Jeff Briggs, the owner who is Dick's brother. Jeff offered to come out and clean baseboard but I said I would rather do it myself. I did take pictures of the mess, though. So, I asked about dumping the water in the toilet. Jeff said they do not ever ride with water in their machine in the van. The weight of the water in the van increases their gas costs. In my opinion this is not a professional operation and I will never use their services again.My name is Anne Bower and I am writing this review for my son, David Ray, who owns the house where service occured. I was at the house with the carpet cleaners at David's request while he was at work.

Description of Work
Carpet was cleaned in one room measuring 17' x 21'. I removed all small pieces of furniture and technicians pushed sofa back about a foot to clean in front of it and moved a chair back about a foot.

12/22/2011

JENNIFER S.

Golden Bear fit us in when I called last minute to get the couches cleaned before Christmas. They showed up when promised, were very professional and polite. I was impressed with their hard work and amazed at how clean they were able to get the couches. I will definitely have them out again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Cleaned and scotch guarded 2 microfiber reclining couches.

Category upholstery cleaning

12/10/2011

JOYCE H.

I have used this company several times and know what to expect. They returned my telephone calls promptly and arrived at the specified time. They worked quickly, thoroughly and systematically through the designated areas. All the furniture was put back right where it belonged. The carpeting, which is quite old, looked like new when they were done. They offered a discount without prompting.

Description of Work
Carpeting in 3 bedrooms, a den, living, dining and family rooms and on the stairs between first and second stories were cleaned. This entailed moving most of the furniture and putting it back in place. The work took about 4 hours.

08/17/2011

KATHLEEN Y.

They began working as soon as we completed a walk-through of the house. I was a bit concerned about how wet the carpets felt but with the help of several fans they dried overnight. Our carpets were quite dirty along our "walking paths" but now they look as clean as new. I should have had Golden Bear much sooner. I plan to have the main areas cleaned every year by them.

Description of Work
Carpets were steam-cleaned and Scotchgarded in our 2300 sq ft home.

07/18/2011

DEBORAH C.

Went very well. Careful with furniture; uses protectors to keep moisture from damaging tables, chairs, etc. Nice job of extracting extra water so dries quicker. Goes extra mile to leave areas clean including cleaning a rug in the garage! I have used them for a number of years.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets in 2 rooms, hallway and walkways in 2 other rooms. Scotchguard for hallway and family room. Removed a number of stains.

05/26/2011

JASON H.

Professional and showed up on time. Spent over 1 1/2 hours cleaning the couch, chair and rug. The couch in particular looks the best it has looked since we got it (and we've had it professionally cleaned a couple other times since then). The price seems high - but I would still hire them again because they did a great job and were very respectful being in our home.

Description of Work
Cleaned area rug, couch and chair.

05/12/2011

MICHELLE G.

They are very friendly and do a good job. They know me as an individual and vice versa. They are very professional and I will continue ti use them in future.

Description of Work
I used the services of Golden Bear Carpet Steam & Furniture Cleaning for carpet cleaning, during the fall last year.

04/20/2011

JOHN J.

I've used them for 30 years since I think he first started his business. I haven't used them for two years but that is only because I had a hip replaced last summer and I didn't want the floors wet for any length of time. I am getting ready to call them again. I've seen better deals and I tried somebody once that had a cheaper price but they didn't do a good job. I very definitely will use them again.

Description of Work
I used Golden Bear for carpet cleaning in my large screened in porch, family room, bedrooms and hallway.

04/18/2011

SUSAN & PHILLIP B.

Well. They are prompt and professional in all aspects of the service.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpet and chairs.

01/05/2011

RICK K.

The work wasn?t cheap, but they provided a high quality service. They workers on time and overall, did a great job!

Description of Work
They cleaned the carpets in 2 rooms and a hallway.

08/27/2010

DANA H.

It was excellent. They did a very thorough job with cleaning my furniture. They sponged the whole upholstered surface by hand and took a lot of stains out that I feared would be impossible.

Description of Work
They cleaned my carpet and furniture.

07/04/2010

Shelly M.

Arrived on time, worked quickly, polite & friendly

Description of Work
Cleaned carpet in 3 rooms and stairs.