Window & Door Designs LLC

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2010

605 Congress Park Dr.

Dayton, OH 45459

Amish made products of the highest standards. Superior Craftsmanship, Life-time transferable warranties with 100% workmanship. Employee dedication to excellence. All Products are made locally. The owner is dedicated to personally follow each project to provide you with the best service in the industry. Dayton - (937) 885-1080. Cincinnati - (513) 855-4245. Award wining....

02/20/2019

Mark H.

Work was professional, done on time and at quoted price. The price was very fair (compared to another estimate and what an acquaintance paid for similar work). Mr. Pulsat, the company owner, is very, knowledgeable, professional and punctual - he impressed me as someone who would stand behind his work and wanted you as a repeat customer.

Description of Work
Replaced Bay Window

Category replacement windows

Thanks [Member Name Removed], I look forward to seeing and working for you in the future. Thanks, John

11/26/2018

Doug N.

The guys were on time, clean, friendly. They came out on a very cold day but the weather didn't slow them down. This is the second project Window and Door Designs has done for us. We couldn't be more pleased with the finished results.

Description of Work
John's crew replaced 3 windows in our condo in Centerville, Ohio

Category replacement windows

Thank you, it is always our passion to take care of customers. We consider you our family. Sincerely, John A. Puslat owner of Window And Door Designs.

04/13/2018

Frank B.

They were on time and very responsive. They were professional and their product was a better product than others I had looked at. It was an overall great experience. They came out a couple of times to go over everything with me and there was zero pain for the customer on this one.

Description of Work
They removed two old exterior french doors and replaced them with sliding glass doors.

Category replacement windows

Thank You. It is our goal to provide the very best in products and back them up with the best warranties and provide a professional installation. Sincerely, John A. Puslat owner of Window And Door Designs.

04/06/2018

Curt C.

Everything went well. He was on time and very punctual.

Description of Work
He replaced 2 patio sliding door windows for us . He also our our front entry glass door replacement

Category replacement windows

Thank You for allowing us to work on your home. Always a pleasure to make our customers happy.

10/10/2017

Kim I.

It went very well. It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. Very happy overall.

Description of Work
I needed to have a patio door replaced.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you, for allowing our company to make your home more energy efficient and to let you go in and out of your house easily. It is our passion to help out our customers. Your Family now. Sincerely, John Puslat Owner of Window & Door Designs.

09/30/2017

Barbara S.

I am very pleased. They gave an estimate, which I accepted and they were able to start within the timeframe provided. The work was quick and professional. They cleaned up after themselves. The windows and door look great and, work well. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
I had 2 replacement windows installed and, a door.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you, It is our passion and ethics to supply and install a superior product and make the project the best that it can be and take pride in our work to make you happy and love your home. Owner of Window And Door Designs.

09/20/2017

Patrick H.

Window and Door Designs LLC did a great job! Owner John was personable and professional. He had a thorough presentation to go along with his estimate. We were much more comfortable with John than with any of the other companies/reps we had in for estimates. The price was much better as well. John offered Provia Endure windows and sliding door, high quality products, at a very attractive price. Other contractors we had in for estimates were either much more expensive, offered lower quality products (lower line of Provia products) or both. Toby and Jesse did a great job of installing the windows and they look fantastic. We had our first warm day since the install and my wife and I both noticed a significant difference in the temperature of our house. Previously it got very hot in direct afternoon sunlight. It stayed much cooler with the new windows and we didn't have to turn on the air conditioner. John also recommended an awning window for our kitchen, which was a fantastic suggestion that we would not have though of and love. Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
20 replacement double hung windows, 1 sliding patio door

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank You for the fabulous review. Always a pleasure. We take pride in every job we do. please keep us in mind for any future projects.

09/10/2017

Jan Michael Q.

It went really well! The initial meeting was great, John was very professional and made you feel at ease. You could tell he was no BS and cared about the integrity of his business. We were able to set up a down payment and schedule our job within three weeks. The only hiccup was that we ended up scheduling it on a weekend, which i don't think is standard practice, so the contractors were 2 hours late. When they got here though, they went straight to work and were very professional and nice. The work they did was top notch and I would use John's company again.

Description of Work
Large window replacement, door re-hinging, storm door removal

Category replacement windows, doors

It was very nice to work with you and put a great window in, along with the interior trim. Fixing your primary door so that you can come and go through your kitchen was a pleasure. It was very nice working for you. Thanks, Window And Door Designs,

04/05/2017

Adam F.

This project went great! John's price was the best that I could find. He was very knowledgeable about his products which are highly rated and very good quality. He took the time to discuss my needs, he didn't try to sell me what I didn't need and he oversaw the project personally. He was able to exceed my expected timelines and the install was flawless. I have had several bad experiences with contractors on other projects recently. I am glad to find a company that I know that I can trust. I have already requested a quote on another project.

Description of Work
I needed replacement windows for a rental property.

Category replacement windows

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It is our passion to make sure every job is the best that it can be, and that you get more than expected. Thank you, John Puslat, owner of Window & Door Designs

02/02/2017

Doug N.

Window & Door Designs were on time clear, very professional, top quality, work & materials.

Description of Work
They removed & replaced our sliding patio door.

Category doors

Thank you for your review. We strive to do the best.

01/24/2017

Debbie C.

John was wonderful! He was interested in all aspects of work we were doing to make sure the whole project would be done correctly, not just the specific piece we had contacted him about. He encouraged us to correct a slab issue (that we had been putting off!) before we even thought about putting in the entry door. We highly recommend John and Window and Door Designs.

Description of Work
We replaced an entry door and sliding patio door.

Category doors

Thanks so much for your review. Always a pleasure to make sure our work is the best. John

12/07/2016

lawrence C.

When very well, completed same day.

Description of Work
Removed & installed windows.

Thank You for your review. It has been a pleasure working with you. John

10/24/2016

Tom L.

First, the ordering process and selection of colors was exactly what we needed, and great suggestions on color schemes and how it would look helped our decisions. Excellent service and installation. John (the owner) himself came and helped install the door, and it was a pleasant experience and they made sure we had everything we ordered. They also answered all my questions and provided added information I had not thought to ask - which was very helpful. The door looks fantastic and greatly improves our home's curb appeal.

Description of Work
Replaced the front entry door with sidelights. We chose a good quality door with glass which did up the price.

Category doors

Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure working with you.

09/21/2016

mike S.

John was very helpful choosing the correct door and decorator window for our home. He also provided on site guidance during installation and continues to help with additional guidance on future projects.

Description of Work
Installed fiberglass provia entry door and inspirations art glass window.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank You for the great review. Look forward to future projects

06/03/2016

Lindsey M.

John, the owner, was excellent to work with. He came out personally to take measurements and get the info he needed to provide us the quote. He answered all of my many questions professionally and quickly. When we were ready to sign the contract, he again came out personally to deliver the contract and collect the deposit. His communication was perfect! The installers were very professional and completed the job in a timely manner. We had received other quotes but John's quote also included finishing the door with trim for an added touch which we love. We went with the door with the internal blinds and are glad that we did. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and look forward to possibly working with them in the future for windows. The quality of the products are excellent. You truly get what you pay for. Thank you John and staff for providing us with a quality product and service to go with it!!

Description of Work
We replaced an existing sliding patio door.

Category doors

Thank you. It makes everything that we do for our customers and for our family's worth while and satisfying. Thanks for the nice review

05/01/2016

Dianne K.

My Pella replacement window in an upstairs bedroom had a failed seam that allowed water to slowly get into the wall over several years. Due to the vapor barrier, I didn't notice the problem until the water hit the subfloor and seeped up into the baseboard. In order to see if the Pella window was the problem, Window and Door Designs technicians got up on the roof with a garden hose on a freezing cold rainy day to track where the leak was. Their first inclination was to try to save me money & not replace the window. Sadly, the window was not salvageable, so they order a new one. They replaced studs & subfloor, did the drywall work, and installed the new window, pushing hard to complete everything before Christmas. The technicians were very polite and cleaned up every day. The owner was personally involved to make sure the job was completed correctly and that i was satisfied.

Description of Work
Repaired stud, drywall and subfloor damage from leaking bedroom window. Installed new replacement window.

Category replacement windows

It was a pleasure to work with the homeowner. It is our goal to do the jobs correctly and take care of their house as we do the work. We are really compassionate when the customer has water coming into their house. Thanks so much for allowing our company to fix your home. Owner, John A. puslat

04/22/2016

Douglas P.

John visited the site to make sure the sliding door would work. We selected desired features. Scheduling was great. The workmanship was first class.

Description of Work
A)Install sliding glass door. b)replaced approx 25 sq ft of damaged soffit.

Category doors

Thank you for the great review. Word of mouth is always the best advertising. Was a pleasure working with you. Please call if we can be of service in the future. John

03/17/2016

Marilyn B.

Great customer service. Fast response with the proposals. They did exactly what we wanted the windows are the great talk of our neighborhood. Great company.

Description of Work
18 windows and one door replacement.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you, it was a pleasure making your house more attractive and better performance with the new windows. I look forward to doing more work to your home Thanks again

12/04/2015

Cristina Z.

Overall good experience - the owner came to meet with us and provided a quote soon after. He even came back again to our home to answer questions and go over everything with us. Install was scheduled as planned and the crew showed up on time the date delivery was scheduled. They were professional and completed the job as promised, on time, on budget. Would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Installed and provided new windows in house - vinyl.

Category replacement windows

Thanks [Member Name Removed], you and your family are now our family. We are proud to serve you and your remodeling needs and will be here for any other projects you have. Thanks so much, John A. Puslat Owner of Window And Door Designs

10/14/2015

AARON H.

Before I discuss how it went, I want to talk about what we went through prior to choosing Window and Door Designs. Midsummer of 2015, we were approached by a door-to-door sales pair that attempted to sell us on windows. Well, there was no convincing us - we knew that our home needed windows. They pulled the "showcase home discount" garbage (we live on a cul-de-sac...), their pricing games ("The competition charges $44,000, and we charge $21,000 but if you SIGN TODAY you get your whole house for $13,500). Pure idiocy. I couldn't wait to boot this guy out of the door. The next guy wasn't even based in the state, but had a big operation out East with excellent service and reviews. He tried to convince me with his pitch - and it was convincing...but I couldn't make the connection without a personal contact prior to sale. Just not enough information. I then researched local window companies and found Window and Door Designs on Angie's List - right at the top. I got a prompt reply from the owner, John Puslat. Within a day, we had a scheduled appointment. The first thing John did when he came to our home was walk around the outside. He removed a screen then proceeded (with my permission) to jam a screwdriver into the sill. It went right through. I'm a practical person and know it's just downright ignorant to replace windows and not check the structure. This guy didn't know it yet, but I just hired him based on this one expert move. He presented a window based on our requirements for a wood interior sash - but he steered me toward a wood "look" vinyl window. It was about 25% less per window. Looking at the samples, I could tell that the wood finish was far more realistic looking than anything I'd seen from any other manufacturer. After tussling with our worthless Credit Union whose name rhymes with Flight Platt, we finally got our financing and the windows were installed. But that's not the end. The windows presented a challenge and it was hard work getting those new ones installed. It ended up taking nearly twice as long as estimated to install all of the windows. But you'll never hear me complain! They worked through the weekend - even on a Sunday - to finish the job. I didn't press them for this - it was done by their own volition! The final product meets my expectations in both fit and finish. The installer will make or break a great window installation - and these guys are tops. Perfect gentlemen, too. As a measure of gratitude, I bought the installers some gift cards. They really did an amazing job.

Description of Work
Installed 25 Provia Aeris VT800 windows including basement awning style and a casement in place of an ugly, outdated octagonal, capped trim and replaced rotten sill plates in our 1978-built Centerville home.

Category awnings, replacement windows

Thank You for your review. It makes us feel great to know you were very happy with our work. We always do our very best. You have been a pleasure to work with even though you had a tough time with your credit union, this worked out great. The best advertising we can receive is word of mouth, so thanks again. Our Pleasure, john Owner of window and door designs

12/30/2014

John R.

I had a couple of different quotes to replace a Kitchen Patio Door Assembly and John from Window & Door Designs help me select and then provide a superior product that met my specifications at a competitive price. Others providing quotes were not able to meet my specifications at a reasonable price(because I needed a custom built door assembly). John was able to procure a higher quality custom built door at a price comparable to other less quality products quoted. When the door arrived we discovered that the door built by the manufacturer was slightly different than that which was specified by Window & Door Design. John offered to get the door built correctly but since there was only a slight difference from that which we specified I wasn't sure it was worth waiting for another build. He immediately contacted the manufacturer and within 30 mins had offered me a discount to accept the door as it was delivered. I accepted the offer and the door installation proceeded and was completed in a timely and professional manner. Window & Door Designs did a great job helping me choose the right product, get a manufacturing issue resolved promptly, and installed the product without any issues. Soon after the installation I received a letter from John at Window & Door Designs thanking me for my business but also apologizing for the manufacturing issue that had occurred. I felt this was a truly professional follow-up to the problem encountered especially since I knew that the door was ordered correctly by John but manufactured incorrectly. Window & Door Designs provides quality products and services at competitive prices. I will use them again next time.

Description of Work
Sold and Installed replacement Door Assembly

Category remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors

Thank you, [member name removed]. It is highest priority to make our customers satisfied. Being totally honest and giving you the respect you deserve is how we built this company. Thank you, so much for allowing our company to work on your house. I look forward to working with you on your next project. Thanks so much; John A. Puslat Owner of Window & Door Designs

12/19/2014

Fred O.

The installation was done in a reasonable amount of time and went smoothly. Care was taken to not damage the interior of my condo. They were perfectly willing to spend extra time to make sure everything was done exactly as I wanted.

Description of Work
Installed a sliding patio door.

Category replacement windows

Thank you, (Removed Member Name). I look forward to working with you on your next project. John A. Puslat Owner of Window & Door Designs.

08/22/2014

Jennifer H.

John and his crew (Udo in particular) were amazing. From start to finish everything went just as it should. Everyone was punctual, everything went smoothly, and everyone was very professional. Our house has plaster walls with plaster window casings and there was little to no damage at all and the finish looks great. The windows are amazing quality for the price, they look beautiful and they are SOOO QUIET and it makes it so much cooler in our house. We could not be more pleased and we recommend this company to everyone.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows on home, prior aluminum from 1949 to new vinyl windows

Category replacement windows

Thank you, for allowing our company for providing a great product and installation to your project. After we completed I was told how much of a difference it made to her home. Noise reduction, Performance, & looks.... Those comments are why we do what we do. Thanks so much; John A. Puslat Owner of Window & Door Designs

07/07/2014

Douglas H.

Toby and James arrived promptly and went right to work. We were so comfortable with the installers and the company that we were gone most of the time during the installation. They moved furniture, removed and replaced window treatments and made no mess or fuss at all. Toby is a magician with the caulking gun. I don't know how he was able to make such fine work of the caulking he did. They removed all the old windows and replaced all the insullation around the new windows as well as reset the blinds since the new window were wider and than the old. We expect to do more business with this company in the future.

Description of Work
Installed 15 energy saving, double hung, double pane windows.

Category replacement windows

Thanks so much for choosing our company. Our installers and my self get up every day and do what we do to make the lives of our customers and employees a better place. Thanks so much. I look forward to working with you in the future. John A. Puslat Owner of Window & Door designs

05/16/2014

Constance S.

No service was provided because they do not do what I needed but they referred me to someone I did use.

Description of Work
I contacted 6 other Angie's List window companies regarding replacement of Florida Room skylights. Every one but this company said "we don't do that" but John listened and provided me an alternative. He gave me the name and number for a company that does this type of replacement. I thank him for that! I called that company and they are coming out today. So many providers forget that SERVICE is what attracts people and for any future needs, I will call John again!

Category replacement windows

Thank you so much. We have completed multiple jobs now for you, including a kitchen remodel and love how it turned out. We have talked about future work and I look forward to completing those projects for you. Sincerely; John A. Puslat Owner of Window & Door Designs

Americas Best Choice/Dayton

At America’s Best Choice, our industry professionals have partnered with leading manufacturers throughout the United States to bring homeowners exceptional quality, exceptional prices and energy efficient products that will save you money. We are truly the best choice for home renovation and repair in Dayton, Ohio. The America’s Best Choice warranty offers exceptional protection and coverage provided to every customer. Each customer receives a manufacturer’s warranty that includes a Lifetime Warranty, and covers operation, parts and seal failure type of items. Customers also receive an additional supplemental warranty. The supplemental warranty adds lifetime accidental glass breakage and also provides lifetime warranty for our installation.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Cincinnati

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Cincinnati! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Dayton

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Dayton! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC

MasterCard, Check, Visa, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Windows, doors, screen rooms,, complete design, remodel of kitchens & baths.

Roofing.