MIAMI VALLEY CHIMNEY INC

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 2008

1721 Woodman Center Dr

Dayton, OH 45420

Welcome to Miami Valley Chimney, where for more than 25 years we’ve provided satisfied customers with expert chimney sweeping and duct care and cleaning services at fair and competitive rates. In addition to the thorough inspection and cleaning of oil-, wood-, and gas-burning chimneys, we specialize in the prevention, detection, and correction of chimney and venting system hazards—the kinds of hazards that can endanger the health and safety of your family and home. Our services include: •sweeping and cleaning •inspection •troubleshooting and diagnostics •waterproofing and leak resolution •repairs and restoration We use the latest tools and technology to ensure that your chimney and dryer venting systems are operating at optimal levels. All of our technicians are CSIA-certified specialists—up to date on NFPA standards and state and local codes, and ready to address the particular needs of your home. We provide comprehensive, reliable services that have stood the test of time. With Miami Valley Chimney, you can rest easy, knowing that our primary objective is to make your home heating and venting systems cleaner, safer, and more energy-efficient. In all our years of service we’ve never had a single complaint – every job is a referral....

chimney repair (44)chimney cap repair (14)chimney sweep (13)masonry (12)water heaters (1)

02/06/2020

Dan B.

The inspection discovered other concerns. A follow up visit was scheduled promptly and the work was completed effectively.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning & inspection.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

Work Completed On 02/04/2020

08/15/2019

Gary S.

Miami Valley Chimney replaced the cap on my chimney. They also removed an TV antenna that was attached to the chimney. Dave, the owner of this family business, provided a very competitive quote for this work. This work took two days. After the first day I called Dave about some concerns I and questions about the work. Dave came to my house early the next day of work. He satisfactorily addressed all of my concerns and answered all of my questions. When his crew arrived a few minutes later he talked with the crew about what needed to be done. Two crews performed the work on my chimney both did excellent work. One crew included his son. Both crews worked very hard to compete the work in a timely manor and with quality. The both did great job of clean-up before leaving. I would recommend Miami Valley Chimney to my neighbors and anyone needing this type of work.

Description of Work
Replace chimney cap

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

04/05/2019

Steven P.

If you actually want to get the work done, don't use these guys. They canceled the first appointment, and on the second try, they were too late to complete the inspection. When I contacted the owner, I expected to be treated fairly and given an apology. He gave me an attitude and cursed at me instead. He asked me, "Do you want us to do the inspection or not!" and when I said no, He called me an ***hole! I'm not sure how this company is still in business if this is how he treats customers. Stay away from this place!

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection for home purchase

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

10/15/2018

JULIE F.

They are the only company that said I needed to remove the old tiles on the inside of my chimney before putting in a new liner. Other companies said they could “gerryrig” it. No way. They spent a day knocking out the tile and a day doing the lining and brick work. They cleaned up the work site each day. They took the time to show me what they were doing. No, I didn’t climb the scaffolding to see the top! But I looked up the chimney to see that the tiles were removed and then again once the lining was in. They did an excellent job and would definitely recommend them. FYI—They were the highest bid— but not too much over the other bids. But you get what you pay for and when dealing with a chimney, I want guaranteed excellence. And I got it. I took a picture of the crown. Wish I had a before and after— couldn’t get one of the lining—just too dark.

Description of Work
I needed a new lining, insulation, cut out and replace brick on the outside and a 5 inch poured new crown.

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/05/2018

Review for MIAMI VALLEY CHIMNEY INC - 1721 Woodman Center Dr, Dayton, OH - 37475778

06/21/2018

Carol G.

Very good. Quality and price were good

Description of Work
Chimney rebuild - 2 chimneys

Work Completed On 05/22/2018

05/31/2018

Gary P.

Everything started out well. Owner showed up on time and explained why my chimney was leaking. Contract was written and the work was to be done within 2 weeks from 4/17/18. I haven't heard from the company since that time.

Description of Work
Repair chimney leak

Work Completed On 04/17/2018

Customer got lost in he shuffle.Called and apologized next morning and said we had a crew on standby, to please call.No one had called, not even to cancel.

03/01/2018

Richard G.

Very impressed with the workers. Arrived on time and took care to ensure the work was accomplished safely and efficiently. Kept me informed of the process as they proceeded.

Description of Work
Replaced a chimney lining with a stainless steel lining

Work Completed On 02/15/2018

10/05/2017

Mike F.

The work, performed 8/30/2017, is entirely satisfactory.

Description of Work
When we needed to replace our hot water heater (gas), we discovered that its flue (exhaust pipe) was clogged. Mid-Valley did the work, for $176, in a timely and professional manner, providing the certification the water heater vendor (Home Depot) required.

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

09/06/2017

Michael K.

Very well done. Broken bricks at top of 50+ year old chimney removed and replaced with concrete cap. Good bricks that were removed were used to replace broken ones elsewhere. Tuckpointing from roof up. Chimney power washed. Looked very good when finished.

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category masonry,chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/19/2017

08/05/2017

Pat C.

We got a quote from them for rebuilding our chimney. But then we found out it wasn't needed. They came out and he seemed to be very knowledgeable about chimneys. He told us a lot of different options we had for rebuilding our chimney. So in that respect he really seemed like he knew what was going on. I'd give them a "B" overall because of the whole not needing it thing. I thought the price was a little high. He came out very quickly.

Description of Work
Quote to tear down old chimney and put up a new one and replace all the flashing.

Category chimney repair

SPECIALIZING IN CHIMNEY REPAIR, CHIMNEY RE-LINING, AND CHIMNEY REBUILDS! WATERPROOFING & LEAK RESOLUTION, REPAIRS & RESTORATION, REBUILD FIREPLACES, REBUILD CROWNS, INSTALL CHIMNEY CAPS, SWEEPING & CLEANING, INSPECTION, TROUBLESHOOTING & DIAGNOSTICS,

ANIMAL REMOVAL