JFK Heating and Cooling, LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2013

2524 Nordic Rd

Dayton, OH 45414

A little about me; my name is Jason Kirby and I have lived in or around the Dayton area my whole life. I earned my HVAC degree at RETS Tech in Centerville Ohio. I am proud to tell you I graduated at the top of my class, had perfect attendance and most importantly I love my job. JFK Heating and

08/17/2022

Andrew H.

New air conditioner was installed and kept freezing up. They were aware they installed it improperly as the 2 technicians that did the work were fired after our job. They, now, blame the existing duct work for the problem and want to charge an additional $2800 to redo that. Our neighbor happened to talk to the lead technician on another job and asked about our air conditioner. The technician replied that they would not be back because they knew it was installed improperly to begin with.

Description of Work
Air conditioner installed

06/10/2021

Natasha G.

Quick, efficient, friendly,and made sure I understood how to perform preventative maintenance on the unit.

Description of Work
Air and Heating unit replacement

03/26/2021

Palo C.

On 11/11/2020 JFK installed a new furnace in my home (Model number Lennox ML180uh). I worked with them through Cinch home warranty. It cost me $100.00 to file a clam with Cinch and an additional $650.00 of non cover charges payed to JFK. All of which was paid in full on the date of installation to JFK's installer through a tablet with a visa card. The new furnace is nearly 2 feet lower than the old one so they had to extend the plenum, replace/alter the drain lines, and the flue pipe. I believe they had to support the evaporator coil as well because it no longer sat directly on top of the furnace. They did not test the AC longer than 2 minutes at the time of the install because it was November and it was cold. Not a big deal at the time. I trusted everything would be in working order. It is now 3/6/2021. I ran The AC for the first time since the installation of the furnace yesterday 3/5/2021 and it was severely problematic. After a few hours of run time I went downstairs and found water everywhere. I had to shut the system down to prevent any further damage. I verified that the condensation drain line was operating as it should. There was definitely water running through it. Looking at it from the outside it was evident the evaporator coil was leaking for some reason, I still don't know why or where. This morning I went ahead and called JFK at 12:56 pm to see if I could get a tech out to address the problem. I spoke with Mandy for about 2 minutes before she passed me off to who I can only assume was the boss or owner. He was very rude and denied any and all fallibility to my issue without even being here. He tried to tell me it was a clog and I tried to explain that I believe its greater than that but he wouldn't listen. His attitude escalated and he began cussing at me. Then he yelled at Mandy and told her "PUT THIS MOTHER F***** ON THE SCHEDULE!" He then said I just cost myself $79.00. At that point I was offended. The situation got out of control fast. He proceeded to insult me. The man I spoke to LITERALY TOLD ME "LISTEN HERE YOU GOD D*** MOTHER F***** I'M NOT YOUR AVARGE CONTRACTOR! I WILL COME TO YOU AND I WILL BEAT YOU TO F****** DEATH RIGHT NOW !!!" Then he hung up on me. Everything about this is uncalled for. His behavior was deplorable. The insults, the vulgarity, the disrespect, the DEATH THREAT!? REALLY? This is ludicrous. I paid for a product and a service that has not been fulfilled and this is how they treat their customers.

Description of Work
Furnace replacement

08/12/2020

Robert P.

Absolutely fabulous--Josh was really great, very nice and friendly yet professional, cost within estimate, on time, very efficient. Plan on using them again when needed.

Description of Work
Needed to re-bolt toliet

Category drain cleaning

07/23/2020

Brenda & Jack H.

Drew called and let us know what time he would be here and he got here on time. Had a battle royal getting a really bad clog loose after 3 big bottles of liquid and gel Drano didn't work. He answered my questions and was professipnal and knowledgeable as well as friendly. I was trying to mop the water up and he said he'd use his wet vac and had it up on a jiffy. Collected my cash copay and left me woth a working sink and a hungry husband. LOL. No more excuses to not cook.

Description of Work
Kitchen sink stopped up and wayer all over with Drano in it

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, drain cleaning

08/21/2019

Annette A.

Jason was very professional, honest, informative and patient with my several calls to him regarding my AC system. His team was prompt, professional, and even finished hours before Jason advised me they would. Jason ask me to block 8 hours but the team was finished in half that: bonus!! After the work was complete, they showed me images of everything they installed on an iPad. Great experience working with them. I would highly recommend. Annette Reamer

Description of Work
Replaced my entire AC System at my Condo

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure to work with you. Thank you so much for such a great review!!

05/08/2019

Melissa E.

I had Bob & Nick come out to my home in Northern Cincinnati. They were on time which I appreciated and they were very thorough. A previous company had made some mistakes on my newly installed unit just a year ago and they were able to repair the unit within a couple hours, took photos of the repairs and emailed them to me for my records. I felt like they were very knowledgeable and affordable.

Description of Work
AC Unit repaired

02/25/2019

Michelle E.

Bob and Nick did an excellent and efficient job installing the new heating and cooling system. They were punctual and professional. I highly recommend JFK Heating and Cooling.

Description of Work
New Heating and Cooling System

11/14/2018

Ahgela J.

Bob and Nick from JFK heating and cooling arrived at my home punctual to install my new AC unit. They entered my home with their protective floor coverings over their shoes as to not track in dirt. They kindly introduced themselves explained the work that they were there to do and gave me a time frame of when it would be completed. They were professional, courteous and just down to earth gentlemen very much like the owner Jason Kirby. I will continue to do business with JFK because I trust them and am very much comfortable with them. I highly recommend JFK for your heating and air conditioning needs.

Description of Work
New AC unit install

11/01/2018

Laura F.

It was great! Tony, Nick and Bob were on time friendly, kept my house is excellent shape (despite it raining the whole time and our backyard is muddy!!!). They explained everything they were doing and made sure I was happy before they left! Jason and Ember were very helpful as we managed getting this new system from a warranty company (which was quite a task). But everyone I spoke to there was just great. Honest and reliable! I am keeping their card and recommending them to others!

Description of Work
Replacement of our A/C and Furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], We are so happy you are happy with our service. We do our best to treat every customer like family. Ember

07/05/2018

Victoria H.

The two guys came out early before it got to hot in the day and was sufficient with completing the job now my family and I are blessed to be able to enjoy the rest of our summer with AC. Also the gentlemen educated me on my new systems, a walk thru was given and everything was working properly before leaving I couldn’t have asked for a better team thank you again Glenn and Tony

Description of Work
Installation for heating and AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for the review. So glad we could help.

06/07/2018

Sean L.

It was covered by the HMS home warrenty. Jason's team was the best and very professional from the very beginning to the very end. Glenn and Tony are the people who did the actual furnace replacement. Excellent job!

Description of Work
furnace replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for the positive review.

04/27/2018

Linda M.

set up the appointment a week ago. They arrived on time. The installers Glenn and Tony were very professional and polite. They were very knowledgeable. They answered all questions and explained the service very well. They were very neat and clean. Jason explained everything made sure everything went good. I am very happy with JFK Heating and Cooling. Cant wait for warm weather to enjoy my new system.

Description of Work
had a central air unit installed.

01/06/2018

Amit S.

Generally very well. The owner Josh is the one who usually takes call. I think different service guys came each time-- each were professional. Twice they were on given time, once late but he did call (which is perfectly fine as the previous call took him longer). It is hard me to tell if cost of replacing inducer motor was fair or not - it had to be ordered as a single unit and was just replaced.

Description of Work
I have called them thrice: (A) for maintenance service (B) to replace inducer motor costing $510 (C) for check up as the heater did not come on as expected - costing $69 service call (this one was on Satruday).

09/23/2017

Mary C.

Technician came out under homeowner's warranty, so I paid $75. Found that Freon was very low and that there was a leak in the line. Repaired leak and added Freon. Was very happy as another plumber had said it would be around $700 to replace Freon, since it is being phased out. Air conditioner worked well for remainder of season.

Description of Work
Air conditioning wasn't cooling.

06/10/2017

Ron Z.

Technician was knowledgeable and pleasant. Very smooth communication with company.

Description of Work
A/C Troubleshooting

06/05/2017

Ron Z.

Excellent. New thermostat and corrected the wiring so the system operates as designed.

Description of Work
Home warranty work on AC system

03/28/2017

Malik G.

Great! JFK were punctual, professional, and knowledgeable. They answered all my questions - it was a great experience, from sales to scheduling to the actual install. My family is really loving the new furnace!

Description of Work
New furnace and condensate pump install

12/05/2016

Amit S.

Everything went fine.. Just routine cleanup was done but the person seemed knowledgeable and the work was straightforward.

Description of Work
My high-efficiency furnace was installed in 2000. I had no problem with my heating system but no one had looked at it since 2007 when we moved to this home. So It thought a "tuneup" would be a good idea. There were offers for 79, 69 and 39$ from different vendors. I took middle of the road.

07/19/2016

Phillip S.

Amazing service! I would not hesitate to recommend JFK to anyone and that includes family. Not only did they identify and fix our original issue, they spotted another issue (major problem with an exhaust vent) and came BACK the next day to fix it free of charge! I offered to pay and they would not take it, said it was a safety issue and that we should just pay it forward to someone else. I can resonate with that because I often do the same thing, try to pass along some good karma whenever possible. The communication was great, service and professionalism was great and in those two days not only won us over as a customer for as long as we are in the area, but as someone who will recommend them to everyone we know. Folks who are truly passionate about their work and care about their clients are tough to find but JFK seems to be the needle in the haystack.

Description of Work
I filed a claim for my HVAC unit with my home warranty provider. After a few other companies failed to come out in a timely manner JFK was contacted and set an appointment with me for a time which met my scheduling requirements. The other providers set a time window and then called the day of and told me they were "on their way" and it was 3 hours early! Ridiculous. No such thing with JFK, great communication throughout the entire process from all of their staff.

06/27/2016

Angela A.

JFK came out to fix a thermostat that had been wired incorrectly by the previous owners of the home. They were responsive, did great work, and were extremely affordable. We will use them for all of our HVAC needs moving forward.

Description of Work
Inspected two HVAC units and repaired a thermostat that was wired incorrectly.

09/25/2014

trevor S.

Our experience with JFK Heating and Cooling has been excellent. He was very punctual, honest, professional and thorough. We had another HVAC guy out 2 other times and all he did was put more Freon in the A/C unit; he never tested for leaks. The first thing JFK did was test for leaks. He ended up having to replace the evap coil and A/C unit. I will definitely use JFK heating and cooling for all my future HVAC needs!

Description of Work
Warranty service under my home warren. Evap coil and A/C unit were replaced.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for your kind words. JFK Heating and Cooling's number one goal is to provide our customers with the same service we would expect to receive in our own home. We are proud to know we are meeting that standard. Jason

08/18/2014

Rebecca D.

My overall experience with JFK Heating and Cooling has been excellent. I have used JFK several times over the past couple of years. The owner is always very punctual, honest, professional and thorough. His prices are extremely fair and doesnt try and sell you something that you dont need. I will definately use JFK heating and cooling for all my future HVAC needs!

Description of Work
Serviced and cleaned HVAC system; replaced part on AC unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], we appreciate your loyalty and enjoy coming to your house every spring and fall for cleanings. Thank you for the numerous referrals to family and friends over the years. We will see you soon, Jason.

08/18/2014

Jessica B.

Our first experience with JFK heating and cooling was a complete HVAC inspection when we purchased our home. The owner of JFK was very polite, professional and easy to deal with. We did not purchase a new system at the time even though the price quote was extremely fair. We did have JFK come back out in April 2014 to do a HVAC cleaning for the spring. I will definately use JFK in the future!

Description of Work
HVAC system inspection; price quote and HVAC cleaning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], it was our pleasure to do your inspection and provide an estimate. It means a lot to us that you were referred to us by your parents and that you referred friends to us after your appointment. Thank you, Jason.

08/06/2014

Debbie W.

I am very pleased with the work, I love my new furnace!! It has saved me a lot of money on my heating bills. The work was done on time, and for the price quoted. After the furnace was installed the area was cleaner than before he started. JFK Heating and Cooling is very reliable. Jason was very friendly and knowledgeable. Other companies that I got estimates from tried to sell me a lower quality furnace for a higher price. I highly recommend JFK Heating and Cooling!

Description of Work
Installed new furnace, installed new programmable thermostat, installed new return drop, new filter rack, and ran new flue pipes.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed], we believe in treating everyone like family; our goal is to offer the same level of service we would expect to receive in our own home. We love hearing that we are meeting that goal. Thank you so much for your kind words and many referrals to family, friends and neighbors over the years. Jason

Logan A/C & Heat Services

Rely on our fast, friendly team at Logan A/C & Heat Services for residential heating/cooling repair, replacement, and routine maintenance. Logan Services is the #1 Volume Trane dealer in Ohio. Take advantage of our current promotions and financing options including 0% APR for 60 months on qualifying Trane systems. Estimates are FREE, and next-day installation is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Most installations usually take just one day. Check out our website to learn more about how a high-efficiency Trane system can increase the overall comfort in your home. Logan Services has recently been chosen as the top HVAC company by readers of Dayton Magazine. Our company is proud to be family-owned and operated and has called Dayton home since 1969.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

CJS Heating & Air

CJS Heating & Air has been in business for 20+ years and is dedicated to serving our customers with the highest level of respect. It is our goal to make sure that every customer is 100% satisfied with the work and service that is provided. We want to leave every home knowing that our customers are happy with the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning products and services they received. CJS has highly trained and certified HVAC heating technicians. All of our technicians go through a very rigorous drug, and background check as well as intense continuing education classes. This gives our customers the peace of mind in knowing that they have the absolute safest and best team in their home. CJS is proud of the hard work and dedication that it has given the Dayton and Northern Cincinnati area over the last 20 years. We strive to be better than your average central heating and air conditioning company. During the 2007, 2008, and 2009 season C J S was presented with the President's Award. Only a very select few companies around the world ever receive this award. It shows that C J S is dedicated to customer service. We want to go that extra mile to ensure that you have the very best when it comes to your home comfort. In choosing C J S Heating & Air you are choosing a company that has your very best interest in mind. You get safe, knowledgeable, dependable trustworthy technicians that stand behind their work because they are proud of what they do. With C J S you get nothing but the best. And remember, "Night or Day….We're A Call Away!!" We are there when you need us. No matter what time of day or night it is. So put your trust in us because our mission is to make your experience with C J S the best you've ever had..

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Extreme Heating And Air Conditioning

At Extreme, it's no secret - your time is our number one priority. But it's not our only priority. Throughout our company we've designed systems and procedures to ensure your complete confidence in calling upon us to serve your heating and cooling needs. We truly care about our customers. Our knowledgeable and friendly employees are professional and pay great attention to detail. They treat your home like their own and will provide prompt, quality service. We have the best technicians in the Dayton-area, Nate Certified, Factory trained, Drug tested, Background and Credit checked for your protection. WHY CHOOSE EXTREME? Flexible time slots NATE certified Technicians Direct Pricing No overtime fees Free quote

Ohio
    OH
    07/12/2018
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

It would be my honor to call you a JFK customer. Here are just a few of the services we offer : Installation of new units Service on existing units Humidifiers Supplies such as filters and thermostats Inspections Maintenance Maintenance packages

I do not work on boilers or oil furnaces.