Improveit! Home Remodeling - Dayton

G04746

7200 Poe Ave Ste 102

Dayton, OH 45414

A hardworking city like Dayton, Ohio deserves hardworking home improvement professionals to take care of their remodeling needs. At Improveit Home Remodeling, we take hard work seriously, so whether you’re looking for the best vinyl window replacement in Kettering or a beautiful bathroom remodel in Vandalia, Improveit has a team ready to update your Dayton-area home. With more than 30 years of Ohio window replacement and bathroom remodeling under our belts, our clients have included families stationed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, faculty and staff at the University of Dayton, and smart homeowners like you looking for the highest quality remodeling for the best value. With Improveit, you’ll get just that and more....

4.3

window replacement (16)bathtub refinishing (9)home remodeling (7)gutter repair (3)

02/05/2021

Deidra M.

The experience was excellent from start to finish. The representative who came to our home was so knowledgeable and was great at answering questions and explaining offers. The installation was scheduled on the timeline we were promised. The installtion was completed in one day and was done very well. The company called to follow-up to be sure that installation was up to our expectations. Although one window had an issue to no one's fault, they had someone out quickly and the window was fixed in excellent time. Due to their great financing options, we went ahead and scheduled to have the rest of the windows in our home replaced. These are two very big projects and we feel that we made a great investment with the right company.

Description of Work
New windows throughout our entire home.

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

Review for Improveit! Home Remodeling - Dayton - 7200 Poe Ave, Dayton, OH - 39177248

01/11/2021

Stacia N.

The installer went above and beyond my expectations. He really had his work cut out for him with my shower and it turned out better than I expected. He was friendly, explained things to me, and always cleaned up after himself. Will definitely be having them help me with projects in the future!!

Description of Work
Replaced entire master shower

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

01/11/2021

Susan G.

It went great! Great communication! So clean!

Description of Work
Replacement Windows

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

Alice C.

Just hired them and the work will be performed soon, but they helped me with my windows a few years ago. Thanks TJ and Jim!

Description of Work
Shower Remodel

Work Completed On 01/09/2021

Dale B.

Amazing people, would love to work with them again!

Description of Work
Windows and Bathrooms

Category bathtub refinishing,replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

Kevin M.

Love everything they did. Hired them twice!

Description of Work
Replacement Windows

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

Jackie L.

Easy process, professional installation crew, quality all the way around.

Description of Work
Replacement Windows

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

10/28/2020

Chris B.

Bottom line up font: STAY AWAY!!! My wife and I have been shopping around for someone to repair or replace our shower. ImproveIt was one of the top search results for bathroom repair/remodeling work. My wife trusts me to handle an appointment for an estimate, but they insisted that my wife and I must both be present for the appointment. No other contractor I've worked with has such a requirement. I didn't have the best feeling about them after the phone call, but I went ahead with the appointment, which they said would take 60-90 minutes. The representative they sent seemed very nice. He complimented our home, and asked questions about the smoker I have on our back porch. He inspected our shower and decided that the tile work was shoddy and would need to be completely replaced. This didn't seem totally unreasonable since the grout in the floor was crumbling. In retrospect, he would have come to the same conclusion no matter what he saw. Following the inspection, we sat down at the kitchen table for his presentation/sales pitch. He talked up the company and went over all of the awards they've received. He then talked through various options for redoing our shower. As it turns out every option is terrible except one. The one that isn't terrible is the product he's trying to sell. His product was a very sciency miracle materiel material, aka plastic. What he didn't know is that my wife and I both have advanced degrees in materials engineering, so we saw right through his B.S. There's nothing wrong with plastic, and it may be a good product, but it's hardly unique. At this point in the process, I hadn't quite figured out that he was going for the hard sell, used car salesman style. He had an affable demeanor and continued to pepper in compliments of our very ugly kitchen. He was very patient with our toddler disrupting the conversation and playing with his material samples. After we selected materials and options, he finally gave us a cost quote. The quote: $16,617!!! Over $16,000 to replace a 3'x3' shower that might not even need to be replaced! The quote was good for a year, but if we signed a contract for the work in the next 30 days, we would get about a $1,000 discount. But wait, he had a letter from the owner of the company. It was a very official looking letter, and it gave him permission to give an extra $1500 off if we signed a contract right then and there. My wife and I had not consulted any other contractors for the work, so we weren't about to sign a contract for over $13,000 on the spot without a better feel for the market. We hadn't ruled them out, but we needed more information. When we explained this to the salesman, he tried to convince us that it was a foolish waste of time to get more quotes. He said we wouldn't want to sit through yet another 3 hour (yes, he was at our house for 3 hours) presentation. He continued to push, but we held firm. As he packed up his things, my wife thanked him for his time. His response: "I just don't understand why you wouldn't sign the contract now and save $1,500, but whatever." He was suddenly quite rude. In retrospect, the sales tactics are quite clear. First he buttered us up. Then he "inspected" our shower and found that yes, indeed, it needed to be fully replaced. Then he talked up his company and product while disparaging any competitors. Then he hit us with the hard sell. I don't appreciate such tactics. I don't care how good the product is. I won't give my business to someone who treats me that way.

Description of Work
Shower repair/replacement

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

We’re glad you wrote a review letting us know about your experience. We encourage this type of valuable feedback, and appreciate you taking the time to share it in detail. We use it to address the areas of our business that don’t fit with our promise to deliver a 5 star experience from initial in-home consultation through lifetime service after installation. While we can’t turn back the clock and give you and your family your evening back, we can assure you that we’ve taken swift action regarding your concerns. We don’t want anyone to feel anything less than glad we are there. While this not an excuse, the representative assigned to your home was fairly new. Not a hall pass by any means, but perhaps some context into the actions taken not being in line with how we’ve operated for the past 31 years. I appreciate you taking the call from our Director of Sales. We felt it important to personally apologize to you and your family. As President of the organization, I would love the chance to speak with you so that I can better understand what happened to ensure we avoid a future repeat occurrence. If nothing else, I’d like to also express my gratitude for your understanding. I look forward to having the chance to connect with you soon. Thanks again for sharing your experience and being open to discuss your feedback with me. Sincerely, Seth Cammeyer President

10/19/2020

Jim H.

Really great. No problems. Top knot has product quality and install quality. They also cleaned up well after the job.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

03/18/2020

JENNIFER T.

We with had the shower/bathtub they gave us a quote and they stuck to it even though we had a mold issue and rotted wood on one wall that we didn't expect. They dried out and took care of the mold and replaced all the rotted wood and we paid the price that was quoted.

Description of Work
remodel shower & windows

Category replacement windows,home remodeling