We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Five Star Heating & Cooling

Founded 1972 • With Angi since March 2019

1214 Keifer St

Dayton, OH 45404

Five Star Heating & Cooling is the premier HVAC provider in the Dayton area, with more than 45 years of experience in the residential heating and cooling business. Contact us today for fast service, furnace and air conditioning maintenance, or the best price on new HVAC equipment and installation. We service all brands, and proudly offer Carrier new equipment installation....

01/21/2021

larry P.

If this company tells you that you need a new system (furnace or AC ), GET A SECOND OPINION! We can not emphasize this enough GET A SECOND OPINION. We own 15 rental properties in Grove City. After the lose of our HVAC tech we were in search of a new HVAC company. We have used Five Star twice and both times the repairs were quoted in excess of $3000.00 and the tech suggested that we just replace the (13 & 7 year old) furnaces. After a second opinion it was discovered that neither unit needed the amount repairs the tech claimed nor replacement.

Description of Work
Furnace inspection and install

08/14/2020

Robert P.

Service tech Cody Davis very pleasant seemed to know his business would ask for him the next time we use five star for service.

Description of Work
A/c checked

07/09/2020

Joe J.

Took longer than quoted on a very hot day, but finished product is excellent. Nice young men 5hatvdidvthe work.

Description of Work
Replace furnace and AC

07/02/2020

Mark F.

The technicians (Joe and Kyle) were great. My issue is with the manager (Steve) and the way this company does business. He lied numerous times. He refused to provide and itemized bill. He was going to bill me for a forklift that he DID NOT use until I called him out on it. Throughout the "estimate price" process, he said the forklift would be the biggest expense. Yet, he only gave me $500 off for the forklift. The unit was lost in shipping. It was installed two weeks late. And, they are STILL NOT DONE. They told me I have to buy the insulation for the ducts with my own money, and on my time. During install they dented the unit, never told me. The BRAND NEW unit showed up WITHOUT a charge, so they had to do so on-site. When I told steve I wanted to speak to him man to man about the install issues, he ignored my request. When I told steve that the loaner AC floor unit they gave me leaked multiple gallons of water on my new carpet and ruined it, he didn't even apologize. Upon inspection of the unit, I discovered a faulty rubber "stopper." You would think they would test these types of things before giving them to users. Save your money, go with a company who is upfront, organized, and won't lie to you.

Description of Work
Install Brand New AC/Heater Combo

06/19/2020

Kaylie O.

very well.

Description of Work
A new AC unit

06/17/2020

Angee B.

Installed new Air Condition unit

Description of Work
The workers Josh, Gabe & David were very professional and explain everything, ensuring that understood the install and how to use my new Carrier A/C. I received a very reasonable rate .The company wasn’t trying to rip me off like other whom had came out and given quotes and tried to force me to use there company. Five Star Heating and Collins were on time and they are very efficient,cleaning up neatly after the job was completed. I would most definitely recommend Five Star to my family & friends . ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.

02/20/2020

ralph K.

great am warm now

Description of Work
new furnace

11/04/2019

jeff B.

Updated review: First experience dealt with scheduling issues (see negative review from 10-19).Was contacted by the manager to discuss what went wrong which is rare from a company.He was very apologetic and made things right...very impressed as this company actually cares about their customers.

Description of Work
Hvac repair

10/22/2019

jeff B.

Josh was great and thought he had it fix but didn’t.Called back and next TWO appointments were no shows.Technician was great but their scheduling is atrocious and blame the “new hires” for it.Hopefully things have gotten better but then again,can’t get worse when they don’t show.

Description of Work
Hvac service

06/27/2019

Annie A.

I stumbled across this company searching for a new Heating/Cooling company, since we have not been happy with the ones we have worked with in the past. I am so happy I found them! Our AC has had problems in the past and when we turned it on this year it did not work at all. I was able to schedule an appointment for the next day(today). I received a call when our technician(Josh) was on his way. When Josh showed up I could already see his professionalism. He asked up what exactly was going on, and then proceeded to have a look around at our system. He spent probably and hour just trying to figure out exactly what the problem was. Then the bad news came(which we were already prepared for). We were looking at either almost $1000 to basically put a band-aid on the system or getting a new system. We sat and talked for a while about our different options and Josh explained everything in great detail. At this point we had decided it was probably time to just go a head and replace the furnace and air conditioning unit. Josh spent time going over what our options were for the units and different discounts with us. He found any and every discount he could for us, which we greatly appreciated. We had gotten a quote from another company this past winter when we had furnace problems(just to replace the furnace). The quote we were given to replace the furnace AND the air conditioning unit was a couple grand less then the quote we received for JUST the furnace! They aren't able to come back for a few days to install the new system, but Josh said he would keep an eye out for any cancellations. Even with how busy Josh said he is, he said he is going to make time to come out and check on the installation next week. I am blown away with the service we received from this company. If I could give more then 5 stars I would. **bonus points to Josh for being great with our kids as well!

Description of Work
HVAC Inspection/repair/new system

06/15/2019

Daniel H.

It went very well. We are please with everything, concerning the Sale and Installation. First purchase of a Carrier Unit for me. Will stay in touch ! We claimed one of the Special Deals and are really glad we did !

Description of Work
R&R Central A/C system. Carrier 3 ton unit.

04/19/2019

Jacob G.

We couldn’t be happier with the install or process. 5 Star Heating and Air came in at over $3,000 less for the system than their competitors. I’m a salesman by trade and am extremely familiar with the various sales tactics used to secure the sale. The salesman (owner) didn’t pressure me at all. We qualified for one of those prepaid gift card “rebate” deals through the furnace manufacturer and, instead of getting the card, the company just took the rebate off the the sticker price of the system. We called on Thursday, had a quote that night, and an install set for first thing Monday morning. I was contacted by the installation manager a number of times to confirm various parts of the process and the owner himself even came out and took measurements/photos prior to install to ensure everything would fit. After the install I had a number of brief conversations with the owner who was available to answer questions. The technicians were extremely professional, punctual, courteous, and knowledgeable. We decided to spring for lunch/dinner for the techs and the head tech (Brad) admitted at 8:30pm that he hadn’t touched his lunch as he wanted to get more done on the system and didn’t want to stop to eat. The techs were here for over 12 hours due to no fault of their own. It was a massive overhaul of our entire HVAC system including installation of a heat pump, humidifier, air cleaner, etc., One of the things that impressed me the most was how they handled a question for which they didn’t initially have an answer. This system is pretty complex and I wanted to know how to change the temperature threshold of the auxiliary heat thermostat (separate from the house thermostat) so as to keep the system in heat pump mode longer. Brad wasn’t sure but assured me he’d get back to me the next day with the answer. He got home around 2:00 a.m. and stayed up looking through manuals/guides until he found the answer and texted it to me at 3:00 a.m. Every step of this was flawless. The system they installed is phenomenal. When they tell you that the savings for the “super high efficiency” system will pay for the difference between a “standard” system they aren’t feeding you a sales line. The energy tracking software embedded in the thermostat confirmed within just a matter of days that we are saving around $150/mth in utility cost by having the better system. Two thumbs up.

Description of Work
New furnace

04/19/2019

Jacob G.

**Short version: 5 Star’s professionalism (Josh), dedication to detail, customer service, and INSANELY fast tech response was above and beyond what I ever expected.** **Longer version** I had a full heat pump system installed on December 10th, 2018. I got an email from 5 Star Heating and Cooling on Thursday, April 11th reminding me to schedule a free maintenance tune up. The email stressed that I needed to have this done before firing up the a.c. for the first time. Like the procrastinator I am I didn’t set the appointment. Fast forward to Wednesday, August 18th. It’s starting to get warm in the house but my young boys (3 and 1 year) had croup, the 4 year old had a virus making her cough, and I was hacking so much I was borrowing my wife’s inhaler (and I don’t have ashtma). Needless to say opening the windows would make it worse. I remember the email from 5-star and give them a call to find out if I could have a tech come out the next week and tune up the a.c. For the time being, though, I’d have to turn on the a.c. and just hope it didn’t hurt anything (or so I thought). The receptionist puts me on hold and comes back. “We’ll have a tech out there tonight.” Tonight. I called at 4:15pm and the tech shows up to my house a few hours later. Josh was extremely professional, kind, and helpful. He did some routine maintenance (humidifer filter, etc) that should’ve cost me but he didn’t charge me a dime. He even clocked out an hour early so as to not catch heat from his boss for being on a standard tune up for so long. He was here for “so long” because he was walking idiot me through how to do stuff I should’ve already known how to do. My only complaint is Google won’t let me give ten stars. Oh, and Josh seemed relcutant to babysit my three kids under age 4 who were driving me nuts the whole time he was here. Shame on you, Josh. ;-) Thanks again, guys.

Description of Work
System tune-up

04/09/2019

Jenifer S.

I actually stumbled across there website while searching for companies to provide an estimate on a new air conditioner. Josh came out the same day, did I mention it was a Saturday. Josh didn’t just come in and tell me what I needed, he actually asked me what I needed and what I wanted from a system. He took measurements tested humidity levels etc. I was so impressed with the professionalism and with there pricing I actually bought a furnace as well. They were so much cheaper than the other companies in the Miami Valley that I had provide estimates, and this was for a Carrier furnace and ac. I hadn’t even heard of some of the others. Not to mention it was installed 2 days later not 2 weeks later, and I bet if I would have asked they would have done it the next day on Sunday.

Description of Work
Estimate for new AC

04/09/2019

Jenifer S.

Went great. Response time was amazing. Everyone I dealt with was extremely professional and enjoyable to work with. There prices on equipment were better than anyone else in the Dayton area. And had a 10 year warranty.

Description of Work
New furnace

04/02/2019

Josh A.

Great to work with. Furnace went out during last real cold spell. It was 33 years old. Called at 7 at night and was supprised when someone answered the phone. They had a technician at my house that night. He was extremely professional and went over every inch of my furnace. He went over the repair options and cost of parts. I asked if he could get me a estimate for a new furnace, he didn’t halt to call a salesman or the office had it for me in about 10 mins, I was so impressed by the price I didn’t even think about fixing mine, and it was a top of the line carrier furnace. Wondering what I was gonna fo got heat until then on was in shock when he said it would be installed at 9AM which was less than 12 hours away. They even provided me with portable heaters to get my family through the night. I don’t think I have ever dealt with a better HVAC company, and you will def not find a better price anywhere in the Dayton Area.

Description of Work
New furnace

Advanced Cooling & Refrigeration, LLC

We have the experience and the dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Advanced Cooling & Refrigeration, LLC on Angi
    Logan A/C & Heat Services

Rely on our fast, friendly team at Logan A/C & Heat Services for residential heating/cooling repair, replacement, and routine maintenance. Logan Services is the #1 Volume Trane dealer in Ohio. Take advantage of our current promotions and financing options including 0% APR for 60 months on qualifying Trane systems. Estimates are FREE, and next-day installation is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Most installations usually take just one day. Check out our website to learn more about how a high-efficiency Trane system can increase the overall comfort in your home. Logan Services has recently been chosen as the top HVAC company by readers of Dayton Magazine. Our company is proud to be family-owned and operated and has called Dayton home since 1969.

Offers by Logan A/C & Heat Services on Angi
    CJS Heating & Air

CJS Heating & Air has been in business for 20+ years and is dedicated to serving our customers with the highest level of respect. It is our goal to make sure that every customer is 100% satisfied with the work and service that is provided. We want to leave every home knowing that our customers are happy with the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning products and services they received. CJS has highly trained and certified HVAC heating technicians. All of our technicians go through a very rigorous drug, and background check as well as intense continuing education classes. This gives our customers the peace of mind in knowing that they have the absolute safest and best team in their home. CJS is proud of the hard work and dedication that it has given the Dayton and Northern Cincinnati area over the last 20 years. We strive to be better than your average central heating and air conditioning company. During the 2007, 2008, and 2009 season C J S was presented with the President's Award. Only a very select few companies around the world ever receive this award. It shows that C J S is dedicated to customer service. We want to go that extra mile to ensure that you have the very best when it comes to your home comfort. In choosing C J S Heating & Air you are choosing a company that has your very best interest in mind. You get safe, knowledgeable, dependable trustworthy technicians that stand behind their work because they are proud of what they do. With C J S you get nothing but the best. And remember, "Night or Day….We're A Call Away!!" We are there when you need us. No matter what time of day or night it is. So put your trust in us because our mission is to make your experience with C J S the best you've ever had..

Offers by CJS Heating & Air on Angi

HC10010
    Ohio
    06/30/2020
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

GRAND OPENING in the Dayton Area. We are Five Star Heating & Cooling. Help us celebrate the Grand Opening of the first of 5 locations in the Dayton Area. Please check out our storefront to see our AMAZING GRAND OPENING SPECIALS.

Fuel oil, Boiler