Ervin & Sons Handyman Services LLC

Dayton, OH 45431

Handyman Services

09/11/2012

Darrell S.

Two MONTHS later we had those two thunder and wind storms rush through Dayton ending up on the east coast. After the second storm, one of the repaired panels tore completely out one edge making a gaping hole. I called Mr. Ervin and explained the problem and that he needed to fix it. After putting me off for 5 or 6 times (telling me he would have someone out to fix it, then saying "next time"). Finally he did have someone show up to fix it. The worker looked at the problem and was ready to undo the trim, but realized that in taking the trim off, he would probably break it, because of the staples put in with the nail-gun. He didn't have trim with him and would have to come back later. He did staple the screen up so that the bugs and birds wouldn't get on the porch. I then have spent until now trying to contact Mr. Ervin again, but he does not return my calls anymore. I still have a screen panel that is not fixed and have given up on Mr. Ervin contacting me. THE MAN HAS NO INTEGRITY! Two year warrenty - Two month problem.

Description of Work
After 7 years, a couple of sceen panels on our screened-in porch needed to be replaced. There was a minor opening of two panels, just at the edge of each panel. Mr. Ervin gave us a quote and we agreed to have him do the work. He arrived on the second scheduled date that he gave us. Something came up on the first. This is to be expected with the type of work that he does. Sometimes a project will take longer than expected. He removed the old screen and replaced with new. He reattached the trim using a nail-gun. (I didn't realize the problem this would cause until later). He wrote up his work and wrote down "2 yr warranty".

Category screen repair

08/23/2012

Brett C.

I got Jim's voicemail when I called but he returned the call promptly. He was punctual in arriving for the estimate and provided the most competitive estimate combination of price and time to completion. We chose a color for the vinyl that nearly matched the original siding (the selection samples he had were from new siding and the siding on the house had weathered some over 17 years). I gave him a deposit and he said he'd get started. His folks did get started as promised but his siding supplier gave them the wrong color of siding. His crew put it up before either him or I got a look as the color. Jim got to see it before I did and called me to warn me. It took a couple of extra days (still within my timeframe) but he redid it with right color. It's not a perfect match (hard to do unless your replace it all) but it looks pertty good! His guys used some of the salvageable siding from the back to complete the replacement on the side that saved me a little money and matched the side even better than the back. They did a decent job on the masonry repair too.

Description of Work
Had some vinyl siding on a one story ranch style house that needed replacing. The location was in the back around a sliding glass door and some electrical outlets and also along the bottom of the short side of the house with the air conditioning unit obstructing the work. Also needed some minor repairs to some masonry siding.

Category handyman service, siding

08/03/2012

Randy S.

They were very prompt and detailed with the estimate but there was a bad rating received on Angie's List. Somebody was not happy. I do not really know this kind of work so maybe it is right on line. The negative rating just kind of scared me off.

Description of Work
I used Ervin & Sons Handyman Services LLC for an estimate for concrete work on my front porch.

Category sunrooms, mudjacking

04/23/2012

Kirk R.

They were in and out in a couple of hours. Work was fine.

Description of Work
Fixed concrete wall that was broken.

Category handyman service, mudjacking

02/18/2012

Ralph S.

It's hard to tell how much it cost for materials and construction services because in addition to doing that bath, they partially redid another. Basically everything cost $6900.00. They were very personable people. The guy that was basically in charge wouldn't let anything go, no matter how minor, if he was not satisfied with it. We are more than satisfied with the work. He was friendly and he was easy to work with. Anything you wanted to do he was more than willing to go ahead with it. The price was fantastic. He did everything we wanted to do for less than half of what the highest estimate was. The work is exquisite. We live in a house where the original part was built in 1830. He was working in the part where the bathroom was built in 1921. He knew what he was doing. He was able to do everything necessary to deal with all of the unexpected things that come up when you are working on an older house. He was here usually 4 minutes before he said he would be. We are planning on putting granite countertops in the kitchen and some other things later this year and yes we will definitely be using him. I would recommend him and his company to anybody. They have a wide range of knowledge. From what I saw, he could basically take on any job and do a fantastic job. He is really really good and I am recommending him to all my friends.

Description of Work
Ervin & Sons Handyman Services redid a bath for us less than a month ago. They removed plumbing, they laid marble tile, and they put in a slipper tub which has the cast iron come up on either end. They put in vanities, mirrors, a new fan, and light dimmers. They also totally redid the fixtures in the other bathroom.

Category glass repair, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling

07/28/2011

Paul S.

Basement ceiling lights not yet operational (or connected), dry wall 'mud' smudges on new carpet in basement family room, several 'wrong' holes cut in ceiling - these were spackled over but not final sanded out as were the 2 holes from the removed light fixtures. Garage ceiling dry wall separation repair done but not final sanded out. Ceiling repair in main floor family room done but not final sanded out. Ervin quoted this job on 6/21/11 and started work on 6/22/11 (50% down). I was out of town on 6/23/11 & left a check for the balance with my 18 year old son with instructions to pay them when they had finished. He paid them but the job is yet to be finished. They came back on 2 or 3 occasions (did the garage work, and the dry wall work) but never final sanded or cleaned up. Ervin didn't show up on at least 4 other times that had been set. I still don't have ceiling lights yet in the basement family room ceiling. What work that was completed was acceptable, but after repeated calls & promises, I have given up on Ervin & will have someone else finish this work.

Description of Work
Install new door-bell (done); fix bathroom light (done); repair dry wall in ceiling above mantel in main floor family room (had leak near chimney); re-fit 2 sections of vinyl siding outside (done); repair dry wall separation in garage ceiling; install 7 recessed ceiling lights in basement family room ceiling; remove 3 recessed ceiling lights in basement family room ceiling and seal holes where they had been.

Category drywall, handyman service

06/30/2011

marilyn H.

Jim was polite and when giving an estimate mentioned that although roof shingles on the shed was not completly done it was sound and did not need replacing. Others suggested it needed replacement for added cost of course. Will be hiring Jim again for handyman work again in the future.

Description of Work
Finished a partially completed storage shed. Repaired fencing and installed gate..

Category fencing, handyman service

06/28/2011

Wendy W.

First scheduled day: they called 15 mins after he was supposed to be there and said they were still 25 mins away. I had to reschedule. Second scheduled day: no call, no show.

Description of Work
I called for an estimate on fence installation and other misc house jobs.

Category handyman service

05/04/2011

Angela P.

Hello I had purchased my home really cheap it needed alot of work, a friend of mine told me about Ervin & Son's Handyman Service LLC.... Jim came out right away and was very helpful and understanding. Being a single female doing home inprovements is very scary, but was great... I had him do everything from removing walls, building walls, drywall, a total gut and restore kitchen, bath, family room. Painting the whole home, lay tile throughout home, lay carpet, new windows and doors a complete home make over... I started in 09 and ran out of money and jim was so understanding and really worked with me. I would most definately suggest using Ervin & Son's Handyman Services LLC Thanks Jim

Description of Work
paint, windows, carpet, tile, drywall, roof, gutters, siding, complete remodel in bathroom, Kitchen, livingroom, family room, and laundry room

Category decks, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, roofing, siding, chimney repair, home remodeling, sunrooms

Sohan & Sons Waterproofing Co

To protect your home in Cincinnati, basement waterproofing from Sohan & Sons can provide you with the long-term solutions your home needs to prevent damage. Our services can also improve the overall quality of the space by providing the preparation necessary for remodeling. Our qualified professionals have been providing solutions to the communities of Cincinnati, Dayton, and Northern Kentucky for over 30 years. Trust our contracting team to provide permanent solutions to your full satisfaction.

The Basement Doctor of Cincinnati

For over 30 years, The Basement Doctor has provided basement and crawl space waterproofing, structural repair, humidity control, and concrete lifting services for Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky homes with award-winning service. As a part of the Basement Systems Network of dealers, we have exclusive access to over 30 patented products, which allows us to design an effective and permanent solution for every type of wet basement problem. Selecting the right contractor to let into your home is a critical decision. The Basement Doctor of Cincinnati respects you and your home – expertly performing the contracted work, being punctual, employing a drug-free workforce, and skilled, experienced installers. We only use ethical sales practices and honor warranties without hassle. All of our staff follow clear rules of respect, responsibility, and integrity. We treat you the way we’d want our own families treated. ASK ABOUT OUR NATIONALLY BACKED WARRANTY!

Everdry Waterproofing of Cincinnati

EverDry of Cincinnati is a full service basement waterproofing and foundation repair company. Our patented multi-step system is chosen by the vast majority of out customers.

Roof, siding, gutters, soffit, fascia, doors, windows, remodeling kitchens & baths, room additions, interior, exterior, painting, drywall, flooring, tile, wood, carpet & concrete.