Dayton Roof & Remodeling Co

Founded 1947 • With Angi since March 2009

418 Merrick Dr

Dayton, OH 45434

Dayton Roof and Remodeling is a locally owned and operated roofing contractor providing residential and commercial exterior repair and renovation services throughout Dayton and the Miami Valley since 1947. Our service area focuses Montgomery, Greene, Clark. Warren and Miami counties. We have an A+ rating with the BBB and have been accredited since 1955. We also belong to the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA)....

06/22/2015

Brad A.

I was provided a quote in the winter of 2014. Contract was honored the following spring of 2015. A complete tear off and install date was scheduled. All work was completed in a above satisfactory manner in one day. Two extra packs of shingles were left at no cost as they were purchased as part of the installation. After getting north of 10 roof quotes(avg $11.5k) Dayton roof provided the same service at more then a 25% savings. I've now had the roof on for 3 months. We just had a huge weekend downpour. No leaks. Dayton Roof was not recommended to me. I did my own extensive research before choosing a contractor. Dayton Roof provided references per my request. I worked in home remodeling for 5 years and am well versed in the process and pricing strategies of contractors. I emphatically recommend them for price, service, and quality. Good luck with your project!

Description of Work
Roof Installation. Removed 2 layers of shingles from a ranch style roof. Approx. 34 square. Installed new three dimensional shingles. New chimney flashing.

03/20/2015

Gary C.

Ron (owner) was so kind and friendly. I had contacted him in early February before spring construction began. As soon as the weather broke, is crew was at our house and finished the job in one day. We were at work, so I could not pay in person. I cut a check and mailed it out the next day. I could not have been easier. They were GREAT!

Description of Work
New gutters for home.

07/13/2014

Richard H.

Sales rep was professional and courteous, very knowledgeable and respectful. Provided accurate and complete estimates. Work was completed in a timely manner. All work looks great. Crews cleaned up after work, couldn't tell they were even there afterwards. Overall I am very satisfied with every aspect of the process from start to finish. I will definitely call upon this company again, and would recommend them too anyone.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof and all gutters/down spouts on the house and garage.

06/12/2014

Janet R.

They were fine. It's just we have somebody that does just general work for us sometimes and that's who we went with. It was just a repair. It didn't really need to be replaced. We were determining whether to replace it or to repair it. He was fine and if we hadn't had the guy that does this general work for us sometimes, we would have gone with him. He is very thorough, very nice, very professional. He was fine on the price too. He had good references and everything. He was there very quickly and he was very punctual. If we needed to have more extensive work, we would probably go with him.

Description of Work
We had an estimate, but didn't choose to go with them. It was a free estimate. It was for our eaves and box gutters.

Category gutter repair

05/25/2014

Jenny Jo M.

Bill was very professional and I was mostly pleased with his service and his company. I am very pleased with the windows and doors (less one window that was the wrong size) and moderately pleased with the roofing. I bought my fixer-upper while I still lived out of state and it needed a lot of work. Bill did a great job for the most part, though there are a couple of things he is still going to fix. I finally saw it when I moved here in the winter, I didn't want to have him come out to do the changes until it warmed up because my house still didn't have heat. I'm hoping to have the rest of the remodeling done by the end of the summer. The problems I had were that they missed a section where they were supposed to put aluminum trim around the edge of the roof and that one of the windows was the wrong size. I spoke with one of the other employees (not Bill) in January and didn't have him out in the winter (because there's no heat). I need to call and schedule an appointment. Hopefully everything will be done properly. I'd be happy to update my review when I have more to say. Two other things you should consider when choosing whether to use this roofing company are the level of attention to detail. When I had a chimney inspector out (unrelated to the roof), he was very disappointed with the trim around the chimney. He said that the chimney should have a stair-step trim around it to prevent leaks and the kind of trim Dayton Roofing used will cause leaks. I'm trying to decide if I'll have it done properly or will tear down the chimney. He also pointed out the method of attaching shingles near the siding using nails instead of using flashing (hopefully I got the word right) that goes under the siding and over the shingles. The method these guys used (the nails) apparently don't last nearly as long. It's not the wrong way to do it, but not the best way to do it. The chimney guy thought that the roofers used quality shingles, but that the workmanship didn't match the quality of the materials. I guess I got what I paid for. I could have chosen a nationwide chain, who gave me an estimate for the same project at about $78,000. I got other mid-range estimates ranging from $35,000-$55,000. I got the work done by a man I believe is an honest guy who gave me a much better price than I could get anywhere else.

Description of Work
Roof tear-off & replace on house and garage. Replaced 19 windows, and 4 doors. Added maintenance-free white aluminum trim around the edge of the roof. Repaired some gutters.

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding,replacement windows

Hello, My name is Ron Branham and I am the current owner of Dayton Roof and Remodeling. I spoke to [removed member name]in January and told her I would come out when ever she was ready to review her concerns and I am still ready. I will call [removed member name]on Monday to see if she is ready. To respond to her concerns I would star by saying I don't know how we could have possibly left any drip or rake metal off of the roof. When installing a roof after the old roof has been removed and the wood inspected and replaced as necessary the metal is the next part of the installation. I can't imagine any scenario that would have us leave it off. The chimney was flashed using standard flashing and installed to meet all industry standards. Step flashing is not always called for but if [removed member name]would like us to change her flashing to step flashing we would be glad to do so at no cost to her. The shingles on a roof are always nailed no matter where they are placed on the roof. where the siding directly comes into contact with the roof it is always flashed. I am sure that is the case here. I don't believe I am qualified to critic a chimney installation or repair and I can't imagine why this particular inspector would believe he is qualified to critic our work. Dayton Roof and Remodeling has been in business since 1947 and have belonged to the Better Business Bureau since its inception in 1954 and have been rated A+ continuously the entire time. I look forward to meeting with [removed member name]and addressing her concerns. Customer service and quality products have always been a keystone of our business and will continue to be so. Sincerely, Ron Branham

05/07/2014

David B.

They did a good job. They were quick and got the job done in a short amount of time.

Description of Work
They put up my gutters.

Category gutter repair

04/01/2013

Maurice W L.

IT WENT WELL ON EVERYTHING THEY PROMISED TO ACCOMPLISHED

Description of Work
THEY DID. AND EXCELLENT JOB OF INSTALLING A ROOF ON MY HOUSE

10/08/2012

Kenton D.

I spoke with them three times over a period of a week and a half. The first time, they said they'd get someone out that week. I didn't hear from so called again. They said they'd call on Monday to either have someone come out or set up an appointment. I again didn't hear from them & called again. They then referred me to a sub-contractor. If I had a different kind of job or a bigger job, I may contact them for an estimate but I probably wouldn't be as inclined to hire them wondering if I'd have the same problems.

Description of Work
Estimate for some eves & soffit repair because I've got squirrels getting in the roof.

Category awnings,gutter repair,roofing

We did refer this to a subcontractor to help get this job done in timely manner. We would never leave a customer stuck with a problem, we try to find the best most effective way to get the job done. I'm sorry if the customer was upset, I hope they call in the future to see what a quality company we are.

04/17/2012

Diana J.

We contacted several roofing companies. Dayton Roof and Remodeling returned calls promptly, came out twice. Sent several emails outlining their project plans. We hired them and never looked back. We worked with Terry who handled the job from start to finish. Met with us when the job was finished and made sure we understood and agreed with the finished project prior to payment. We will never use another roofing company. Thanks for a job well done, from the first contact person, job crew, and to the last person we spoke with.

Description of Work
Tear off and placed new roof

03/22/2012

Dennis B.

I found this company on Angie's List. They did a good job. They are professional and cleaned up after themselves. They were on time. They did what they told me they would do. After I got the roof done, they came back to check and make sure everything was alright. They have been in business for a long time. I would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
I hired this company to put on a roof.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Dayton

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Dayton! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC

Improveit! Home Remodeling - Dayton

A hardworking city like Dayton, Ohio deserves hardworking home improvement professionals to take care of their remodeling needs. At Improveit Home Remodeling, we take hard work seriously, so whether you’re looking for the best vinyl window replacement in Kettering or a beautiful bathroom remodel in Vandalia, Improveit has a team ready to update your Dayton-area home. With more than 30 years of Ohio window replacement and bathroom remodeling under our belts, our clients have included families stationed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, faculty and staff at the University of Dayton, and smart homeowners like you looking for the highest quality remodeling for the best value. With Improveit, you’ll get just that and more.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Cincinnati

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Cincinnati! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC

Visa, MasterCard, Check

Residential Roofing, Commercial Roofing, Roof Replacement, Flat Roof Replacement, Shingle Roof Replacement, Siding Installation, Gutter Installation, Gutter (Leaf) Protection Systems, Window Replacement, Door Replacement, Shutter Replacement and Installation

Gutter Cleaning, Siding Repair, Window Repair, Door Repair,