Buckeye Ecocare

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 2006

1851 S Metro Pkwy

Dayton, OH 45459

Founded in 1984, Buckeye EcoCare is the lawn care company of choice for thousands of Dayton area residents, season after season. We're locally owned and operated, so we have a greater insight into the soils, grasses and weather here in the Miami Valley. With over thirt years of experience has taught us how to achieve the best results and together we'll develop a lawn care program targeted to your needs....

09/23/2020

randy H.

Not good. Torched grass before a holiday weekend. Told me it wasn't that bad and would recover. Second (and last) time they have done this. Seem to have a "customer is never right" policy. High prices and poor service are a bad combo.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization

05/01/2018

Susan P.

I am very happy with their service. They always call the day before to remind me. I will continue to use them and recommend their service.

Description of Work
They treat the lawn for insects, weeds, and fertilize the lawn.

07/17/2017

Susan P.

They make my lawn look nice. I have been using them for about 4 years now, and would recommend them. I like that they always call to let me know when they are coming, so that I can make sure that my dog is not out. They call the night before. Their prices are also very reasonable.

Description of Work
They fertilized my lawn, did some weed control, and grub control. I have close to a half acre lot.

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

12/02/2016

Barbara M.

I've been pleased with them. They responsive if you need them to come back for any reason, they tell you that too, if some how there I something a weed there or something that you don't want, they'll come back they'll do it, their responsive, their local, they'll call ahead if you ask them, let you know when their coming, they call the day before and let you know which I appreciate that.

Description of Work
I used Buckeye Ecocare for Pest Control/Exterminating.

11/21/2016

Carl E.

It went well. I'll use them again next year

Description of Work
Fertilized my lawn (twice) and aerated

11/21/2016

They're a referral from a neighbor. I have the best looking grass on the block. They're a fantastic company. They stand by their product you know they live up to it if there's a problem like I've seen some clover like growing in the grass, I called them and told them that I saw it, they came back out took care of it and it didn't cost me anything.

Description of Work
I use Buckeye Ecocare for landscaping services. They do my fertilization and all that aeration. They did the last fall application.

Category landscaping

10/28/2016

Marj R.

They do a good job. The only complaint is that they don’t call ahead of time when they are coming. They should email or leave us a voicemail even a week before saying we are coming next week or tomorrow. Just a little bit of notice so we can move the grass or remove the leaves beforehand. That would be helpful. They fertilize about 5 times a year.

Description of Work
We are currently using Buckeye Ecocare. They fertilized, they treat the lawn and they aerated.

05/14/2016

PHYLLIS C.

Great experience, from the person who answered the phone to their website to the route manager, Kent. I contacted them based on the advice of a friend whose late father had used them. I had had other lawn services out here over the years to give quotes and they would always try to sell up...Buckeye Ecocare didn't use pressure, imply that your yard was grub infested or required expensive and added services...they simply provided the quote I asked for, gave additional information if I wanted to add a service and provided a very reasonable quote. We've never used a lawn service before and spend tons of money each year on grass seed, weed control, etc. Waste of my time and money - ONE treatment and our yard has never looked better in the 15 years we've lived here. Folks walking down the street stop and comment on it to us and all we're doing is mowing. I like that they are sensitive to pesticides. Kent is great and calls before he comes out as we had asked since we have two dogs. He asked the names of our dogs, remembers their names and makes sure the gate is shut and locked when he leaves. Great service, great outcome and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Lawn Treatment

06/01/2015

Tom D.

They followed up from after spraying last year, and bushes are doing great.

Description of Work
He sprayed bushes this year and last year that had a bug.

05/21/2015

Elizabeth R.

Called Buckeye Ecocare yesterday, and Bruce came out this morning! He was on time, knowledgeable and polite. Sprayed the outside perimeter of the house and treated for roaches with gel on the inside. Priced reasonably and didn't hassle me to sign a contract. If our pest problem goes away, I would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Treated for ants and roaches.

03/11/2015

Christine B.

They are great and real good. Their people are very knowledgeable. I have a program where they came out through seasons. I have cats so they are real conscientious about scheduling and telling me know ahead of time so that I can make sure that my cats are inside. They just do a really good job. I highly recommend them. They will spend time with the customer telling then why things should be done the way they do it. They bend over backwards to do it in the safest possible way. They really take care of their customers.

Description of Work
I use Buckeye Ecocare for lawn fertilization.

02/16/2015

Terra O.

They came out and talked to me about what needed to be done. It sounded like he had a really good understanding of what my concerns were. He was young and agile and able to do the work. The worker who came out to do the work was an older gentleman who kind of did a half-assed job. The first guy said he would actually spray into the holes along the gutters where the ants were. My understanding was that he was going to get up there and spray into the gutters. This guy stood on the ground and kind of just sprayed in the direction of where the holes were. Our house is on a hill, and it's two stories up to where the gutters are. He didn't even get on a ladder. I talked to him about it and he said it was fine, that it was proper procedure and would be okay. But my painter said it would have been better if the worker had actually sprayed in the holes more thoroughly. He also sprayed the windows, so the windows got sprayed. I don't even know why I paid him but I did. I'm not pleased with Buckeye Ecocare at all. The worker was older and looked like he could barely walk. The painter actually ended up patching the holes and painting over them. They seemed very professional, but it wasn't a professional job.

Description of Work
They sprayed the perimeter for carpenter ants. Also the foundation, along the gutters and inside the garage.

01/15/2015

Michael B.

I have used them for two years and will be renewing for a third. I will be prepaying so I will get a discount. I am very pleased with them. I think their price is competitive. Their cost goes up by $1 per application per year but I think it is very minimal and they are a well-respected company in this area so I continue to use them. I have no complaints at all. I would recommend them to friends and family. It is about $53 per application and they do four applications of the standard fertilizer and weed killer and they also have one grub application that is a little bit more expensive ($80). The total cost is right around $300 with my 5% discount for prepayment. That is the whole season cost and I consider that quite competitive. They are very dependable. They are always available for questions. I really cannot think of anything that they have done that I have been disappointed with. Their price is in the ballpark. The quality of their service is good. Their pricing depends on the square footage of the lawn and my lawn is about 5900 square feet.

Description of Work
I use Buckeye Ecocare. They do fertilization and weed care for my lawn. They also do core aeration every year. They last came out to do a pre-winter application.

12/11/2014

Carla S.

The service was very good and they were done within the hour. Their product is environmentally friendly for my pets and I like that.

Description of Work
They winterized the yard with fertilizer and broad leaf protection

11/13/2014

MARIO S.

Overall the quality of the work is good. I have still had issues with weeds though.

Description of Work
I have been using them to do 2-3 treatments on the lawn throughout the year.

09/04/2014

Ben B.

We use them till to date. It is on a 6-7 acre. They do the entire back yard. the owner came out as well and gave me an estimate and told me what it is going to cost. They do good work and they are always polite about it. He schedules so many treatments for the year. They were responsive and i do not have any weed.

Description of Work
They do lawn treatment and fertilizer.

06/06/2014

Sally W.

We have been extremely disappointed with Buckeye's service. In the past 12 months, they over fertilized our yard to the point where our lawn may have to be reseeded and we have had to replace several bushes and trees. When we raised concerns to them early on, they were unresponsive and even suggested that we were to blame. We got a second opinion and, indeed, it is the result of over-fertilization.

Description of Work
Monthly lawn, tree & shrub care

02/03/2014

Nancy M.

I was very pleased with the professionalism of the salesman and the workers.

Description of Work
Gave me an analysis on my lawn needs and provided the service.

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

11/19/2013

Karen K.

They basically work too expensive for me but I did not hire them. They came by and gave an estimate the next day for they were very good that way. I did not purchase their services and I just claim my hands for the license of it, a heart spent would that going to be. They went into my front door, it was very timely by the next morning when I came home to work, he was there on my door, and he was very thorough and professional. It was a little of my preference. The next day, the guy put that on line one day and they finish the estimate the next day. They gave me a whole bunch of stuff. They gave me prices on the loan, trim of my shrub and killing some bugs on that shrub, and then they identified my trees needing some treatment and a whole bunch of different prices. They are very timely and thorough. I will use them except for the cost. They certainly were professional but did not have any customer yet.

Description of Work
Buckeye Ecocare gave an estimate for lawn fertilization & treatment.

11/19/2013

Judy F.

I absolutely LOVE this company! This is the second season with them and when they started our lawn looked really bad after 5 years with another company that did not deliver what they promised. Buckeye never pressured us for service we did not want but answered all our questions and addressed our concerns. We have had the same technician (Tim) every time and he is VERY knowledgeable about his products. We asked about a reseeding on a large portion of our yard (which the other company had done POORLY a couple years earlier) We decided to give it another try with Buckeye and it turned out awesome!! NO weeds in the new grass and our entire property just looks awesome now. They were upfront with pricing,no surprises, and very fair for the service we got. This company is on my favorite list of about 5 ( different types of service) that actually cares about customer service with action, not just lip service. I love these guys!!

Description of Work
Winter fertilizer an d weed control for next spring.

Category pest control,lawn service,lawn treatment

10/25/2013

Laurie S.

We had lots of weird purple weeds taking over the lawn. After one visit, most were gone.

Description of Work
Treated the lawn 4 times since the spring. They are very good with calling ahead to unlock the gate and the lawn has never looked better

10/24/2013

Cynthia H.

No issues. Called ahead as requested due to pets.

Description of Work
Fertilize

10/14/2013

MARIO S.

Applications have been fairly affective at controlling weeds. Lawn also looks generally healthier. Overall company provides good service and will respond to concerns you have and come back to premises for follow up application if necessary.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilizer and weed control.

09/30/2013

John M.

Buckeye Ecocare is by far the best service in this area. They me a bit pricier than others, but it is well worth it. Some of neighbors use well known competitors and their yards never look as good as mine, and they frequently have to call them back for another treatment. We also have them plug and overseed our lawn and they do an outstanding job. We have a large lwan and price is based on square footage. Would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Fertilize lawn, control weeds

09/13/2013

Kelly H.

it's going great. We noticed an improvement in the lawn after the first treatment. Because they use eco friendly products, it may take a little longer. However, this is the first time I've used a lawn treatment service so I may be mistaken. We have had 4 treatments this summer. Each treatment is $69.73 after tax. The lawn is much improved.

Description of Work
Treated lawn for weed control.

Purelawn Organic Lawncare

PureLawn Organic Lawn Care is a growing business offering environmentally friendly lawn care services to a wide variety of clients throughout Southwest Ohio. The company, which can be found in Dayton and Cincinnati, began servicing lawns in 2006 and the owner has 15 years experience in the lawn care industry. The business provides the Dayton and Cincinnati communities with licensed and insured professional organic based lawn care services that help clients develop a thick green PureLawn. The services are designed to reduce or eliminate pesticides while maintaining a beautiful natural lawn guaranteed. The company develops environmentally friendly pure lawns that reduce or eliminate the use of lawn chemicals and are ideal for parents, lawn enthusiasts, pet owners, and environmentally conscious individuals. Custom blended, the fertilizer that is applied is developed specifically for the soils of SW Ohio from vegetable by-product and in our PureGreen Program children and pets can be on the lawn right after our technician leaves. We offer free quotes, lawn analysis, and service calls once you are part of the PureLawn family. We work with customer's budgets, expectations, and property to satisfy their lawn needs. Our emphasis is on customer service and using high quality products on your lawn.

Oasis Turf & Tree

Lawn Care for Responsible Homeowners. Finally, a worry-free solution to the lawn of your dreams and more time to enjoy what's important. Traditional lawn care focuses on the symptoms, not the cause. This creates a never-ending cycle of treating weeds and brown patches. When you focus on soil health, you continuously reduce the need to treat these symptoms and focus on the underlying cause, the health of your lawn's soil. We not only want to make your lawn green, we want to make it healthy. Our Oasis Soil Health Bionutrition improves the health of the soil. Improving soil health will reduce your watering needs saving you money in the long run. Also, a healthy lawn requires less pesticides, saving the environment. Getting started is easy! 1. Give us a call or get your quote online. 2. Help us find the right program for you. 3. Relax while we transform your lawn.

Weed Man - Columbus North

For more than 45 years, Weed Man Lawn Care has striven to create outdoor yards and landscapes that you call home. Our integrated services provide you with a peace of mind that allows you to unwind in the comfort of your yard, knowing that you’ve created a safe and healthy environment for entertaining your neighbors, playing catch with your kids or letting your pets romp carefree through the grass. Our professional lawn care services also result in increased property values, a must in today’s economy. We know lawn care and we tailor our programs uniquely for your lawn. Our lawn care program includes fertilization – with our exclusive blend of fertilizers – weed/insect/disease management as well as aeration and seeding. We guarantee our services. To find out more about any of our services, click below or call your local Weed Man professional today for a custom lawn analysis and a program designed to keep your lawn healthy and vigorous. Additional email - columbus.nw@weedmanusa.com. if (BADGEBOX) BADGEBOX.PlaceBadge();COLUMBUS lawn service

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Lawn fertilization, weed control, insect control. Tree & shrub care, fertilization, insect & disease control. Pest control services. Interior & exterior.