American Way Van & Storage

Founded 1989 • With Angi since July 2006

4.3

1001 S. Brown School Rd. Ste. A

Dayton, OH 45377

Along with dedication, moving expertise, knowledge, and commitment to the moving business American Way Van & Storage Inc. has a family with strong family values to back up our mission statement, that customers are always placed first in our decision process which "LET'S OUR FAMILY MOVE YOUR FAMILY" and mean it....

09/16/2019

Roxanne S.

Employee stole my wedding ring--after they treated me like a liar and a cheat and ignored my phone calls I got proof from the police in the form of said employee on photo surveillance pawning it. Long story short, they overbooked and hired a temp service employee. Temp service only did a state background check on social security number. A national background check would have uncovered a felony record. AWVS does not see that they did anything wrong. THIS COMPANY DOES NOT HOLD THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO WHO THEY PUT IN YOUR HOME--this is in their own words... I have given them 2 months to work this out with me. I have yet to even get a real apology.

Description of Work
Moving services

07/27/2017

Darrel D.

They were the ones who did the estimating. Then I paid the other company. I would not use them for booking again. If they went with a different Van line we would use them again.

Description of Work
Agent for moving company.

07/15/2017

Wayne H.

Went great! They were prompt, courteous, careful with our belongings, responded to all our questions and made sure all inventory was accounted for.

Description of Work
Transported our furniture from Ohio to Nevada.

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed], should you need our services in the future please do not hesitate to contact us back!

07/14/2017

Jie Z.

Very smoothly, delivered the next day with great care and punctuality.

Description of Work
Out of state moving

10/16/2014

ANN P.

It was okay at best. They could have been more diligent and careful. A leg was broken off a couch, there was a severe scratch on a table top, and a broken latch on a ladder. We would not hire them again because they weren't professional.

Description of Work
They moved us from Cincinnati to Las Vegas.

Category moving companies

Our records indicate your relocation transpired not in 2014 but in 2011. You relocation to Las Vegas was performed by National Van Lines and not our company. We were only the booking agent for your relocation and did nothing to cause damage or any items that may have been presented unprofessional. If we would of known and any dissatisfaction back 3 years ago we would of certainly resolved any questions or problems at that time. I believe it is unfair now to rate such a low rating on items we were not a part of or can not resolve 3 years later. If we can do anything to help in rectifying it now please contact us directly and we will do everything humanly possible to make it happen.

Samantha S.

They were great! They were one of the cheapest bids we received! They took two days to pack up the household. They loaded the truck. It took less than a week to drive it to the new location. There was no damage during the move.

Description of Work
They moved us from Richard, IN to Greenville, OH.

Alan H.

Everything went fine! They seemed very professional. It's been almost a week though and we haven't heard from them with a quote. It was fine they couldn't give an estimate on the spot, but we expected it by now.

Description of Work
They came out Thursday to evaluate our move.

Category moving companies

I believe this was selected under the wrong mover. I do not show any record of [member name removed] contact our office or asking for a quote from our office. We pride ourselves in presenting the estimate on the spot so this must belong to a different company.

J. Robert L.

They took care of everything! They were prompt and on time. There was a little damage on a few items during the shipment though.

Description of Work
They moved us from Sydney OH to Goose Creek SC.

Category moving companies

(Member name removed) I am very sorry to hear your relocation did not achieve a 100% quality rating as we expect with every relocation. If we were made aware when the items were transpiring we would of resolved those immediately. I noticed you mentioned that damage accrued during the relocation process. I want to remind you that you had Full Replacement coverage on your relocation. If you will contact National Van Lines claims department directly they will resolve any matters on rectifying any damage that did occur. Please contact them at 800-365-0113. They will need your name and Bill of Lading number which is 262570. If you need any assistance in this matter please don't hesitate to contact our office directly. I hope this will help in reevaluating our score on Angie's list and continuing future business with you and our organization.

Andrew M.

I don't remember any issues. I don't recall any damage either, but it was several years ago.

Description of Work
They moved everything from OH to FL.

Beverly F.

It was horrible. The packers stole gold jewelry and denied stealing. They lost a lot of my pictures, photographs, framed posters. I had a lot of broken stuff that they would not reimburse me for and I have called a number of times. They were expensive too. They expected me to keep track of all the numbers and boxes which was just too difficult because it was just me. They said that I signed off on receiving everything and there is no proof that I lost items. They were not gentle or caring with important or delicate items. There was just an utter lack of respect for my possessions. They actually threw an antique baby cradle across the truck breaking it into pieces.

Description of Work
They moved me from Columbus, OH to Pittsburgh for close to $10,000.

David H.

I am not pleased with their service. There was damage due to poor packing. While they were re-packing the truck at one point they left some furniture on the street and they damaged some of the furniture. Some of the furniture was oil stained which I had to get re-upholstery. The cost of the services was about $4,500 and the cost of the upholstery was about $3,000 from damage. They settled with me $300 to reimburse for the upholstery service.

Description of Work
They moved me from Virginia to Ohio.

Brandon J.

It turned out real well. I selected them based off their reviews and they did a good job! They were pretty accepting of my tight work schedule. They took care of everything in 4-5 hours. Two ladies took care of the packing which took about 2 hours. They came out the out the next day with 3 people to load everything up and that took about 3 hours. We did have a few things damaged. I don't feel it was the fault of the packing, just the nature of the move.

Description of Work
They were selected for my move from Ohio to Nevada.

Patricia B.

It turned out well! They had a very secure and competent way of packing things. They were very professional and nice. Everything went smoothly. There was no damage during the move.

Description of Work
They moved all my household goods (including furniture) from Dayton, OH to Los Angeles, CA.

10/13/2014

Kristin S.

It went really well! They were highly recommended to us. They were very friendly. Everything was delivered intact with nothing broken.

Description of Work
We moved across the country. They packed up a lot of breakable stuff and transported everything for us.

10/02/2014

Deborah A.

It was fine. They made it all good when there was damage to some furniture. They showed up on the right time. They were the best price.

Description of Work
They moved me from Ohio to Louisiana.

07/14/2014

Sharon L.

National van moved my household. Boxes smashed furniture damaged. Late arrival.

Description of Work
Moving to Oregon.

05/19/2014

Janiece P.

It went ok, fast and efficient they worked the whole time no horse playing or nothing

Description of Work
moved me from one home to another

01/21/2014

Maxcy H.

The initial sales contact was very professional and respectful. The relocation consultant was very thorough and listened to my concerns about adequately protecting my goods during packing and shipping. I was shipping mainly expensive large furniture items, not fragile or personal items. The moving crew was also very respectful of my home when packing the furniture and ensured the floors and carpeting were protected not only from moving furniture, but also from the rain the day of the move. The packing team had adequate materials to cover all furniture. The transit to destination took about a week. An issue arose at the delivery location occurred as the driver was not able to hire a helper. This meant he had no one to aid him in backing the very large van down the street to my home. This forced an extra-cost of about 10% of the original estimate to transfer to a smaller truck to make the delivery. At destination the driver unloaded the truck by himself without incident. It was discovered at unloading that there was water damage to one article of furniture - most likely due to one of the protective blankets becoming wet during the rains at loading. National Van Lines processed my claim for damages quickly and without dispute. I had some difficulty understanding the final billing amount, but with the assistance of my relocation consultant and the representatives at the central billing department I was satisfied with the explanation of the charges. I also had some problem paying the final bill on-line due to some problem with National Van Line's website, but this was cleared up after a couple phone calls.

Description of Work
Interstate packing and moving services

11/27/2013

Cathryn H.

The crew that showed up was very professional and considerate of everything. They put down moving blankets on the floors so they would not track anything onto the carpets. They did this at both locations. The guys did not mess around at all, they worked their butts off and got the job done in a quick and efficient manner. We did have one claim, but it was not a major deal, they were very upset that it happened and called their boss right away to report it. They did such a good job on our move that we requested the same crew for the move for my parents 2 days later.

Description of Work
They moved all of our furniture and household from one residence to our new home.

11/13/2013

Linda S.

They were able to guarantee the specific dates I requested for our move. (Other companies would only give me a two- or three-day window.) While their price was a little higher than the other two movers I had estimates from, I thought theirs was the most honest quote because of all the solid oak furniture we have. It is very heavy and I am not sure the other companies considered this. I would rather have a quote that was a little more than the actual weight of the move, than be surprised at the end. I was a little concerned about moving the piano, but it turned out just fine. The movers arrived on time and had everything loaded in about four hours! They were amazing! All four were very courteous and friendly. It was obvious they knew what they were doing, and that was very comforting. Three of the four were also there at the unloading in Virginia. We liked that consistency. An added plus for me is American Way's commitment to environmental awareness and protection - as evidenced by the whale murals on so many of their trucks. Awesome, indeed!

Description of Work
They moved my large furniture, including a piano, from my home in Ohio to my new home in Virginia.

Category moving companies,piano moving

Thank you for your kind words [member name removed] your relocation has shown that we did exceed our expectations that you had, 100% customer satisfaction is what we strive for and our hard work has paid off, thank you again!

10/18/2013

Douglas H.

They came the day before the move and packed all the items for us. They took great care with all of our valuables as well as small less expense items that were more of a keepsake in nature. Jacob was the supervisor and made sure everything was properly wrapped and boxed with care. They took more care of our items than we would have in doing the job ourselves. They next day they arrived at about 8:30 am and began by padding all of the doorways and putting down mats and runners on the floors where they would be walking. Three men arrived: Jacob the supervisor, Brice the van driver and Tom. All were very careful and hard working. They loaded the truck with ease carrying items that we wouldn't have attempted to lift. All the furniture was properly padded or shrink wrapped and everything was loaded before noon. At our new home they put items where we wanted them and after consideration we dicided to move some items. No problem they rearranged things just like we wanted. They even swapped out a washer and dryer for us by moving the existing washer and dryer from the new home back to the old home. I can't say enough about the hard work and care they provided us. I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs to move. The entire process of loading, transporting and unloading and returning the washer and dryer to the old home was completed by 3:30 pm. Much faster and more efficient than trying to do it ourselves with a rented truck.

Description of Work
Packed and moved my entire house.

08/30/2013

Ruth K.

Curtis came to my home in Indianapolis, and gave me a free in home estimate. He was prompt, professional, and not pushy. He gave me thoughtful answers to my questions. We decided to move our things ourselves because of cost(the amount we had was less than their minimum load) but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to someone with a larger load.

Description of Work
They came to do a free in-home estimate for my move to Texas.

Category moving companies

Thank you [removed member name] for your kind comments, especially about Curtis and his profesionalism. Curtis truly is part of our family here at American Way Van & Storage! I am sorry that we were unable to take care of your relocation to Texas, should you ever need to move "out of state", we can also take care of that move for you or at least offer you the free visual estimate. Feel free to contact us anytime!

08/07/2013

Nina O.

The serivce was adquate. I would use their service again. Some of my items were broken but I did not file a claim because it was not nothing of value.

Description of Work
They moved our items from home to storage.

Category moving companies

[member name removed], thank you for your review. I will still contact National Van Lines for you and have a claim form mailed to you should you have any further damages concerning your relocation. Because we did perform a full pack on your household goods, you have up to 9 months to file the claim. Please don't hesitate to contact my office should you need any further assistance.

08/07/2013

Samantha S.

They were very quick and efficient. Nothing was broken and everything was accounted for.

Description of Work
They moved us from Indiana to North Carolina. They packed everything.

Category moving companies

[member name removed], thank you for your kind words regarding your recent relocation. Feel free to contact my office should you have any further needs for relocation from South Carolina to any other state.

08/06/2013

Steven R.

Overall, the service was good. The driver was amazing. He was hard working and very organized. He did a lot of the special packing including dishes and other fragile items. They delivered on time and packed on time. The crew was a pleasant to deal with and it was a positive experience. We had prescription medicine that had tablets. Once we arrived to Cincinnati, it did not have any pills. However, the service was great. Out of everything they moved, we had one really cheap picture frame break. It was so cheap that I did not file a claim. They were also the cheapest compared to other companies I looked into.

Description of Work
They moved us from a five bedroom home in Nashville to Cincinnati.

Manifest Shipping

Hello, thank you for considering Manifest Shipping for your upcoming move! Since our inception in 2017 we have provided friendly and professional moving services to our customers with honest and transparent pricing. Five years later, and our efforts haven’t gone unnoticed. Our customers describe us as polite, professional, non-stop workers & problem solvers. Some have even went on to say we provided them the best moving experience they have ever had. Our primary focus is to continue providing southwest Ohio residents the moving care they deserve. We offer full service residential moving solutions, and would love to assist you with your next big move. Call 419-905-5144 to book your move with Manifest today!

Offers by Manifest Shipping on Angi
    Imperial Moving Group

Nationwide Moving Leaders We provide cross-country relocation services for a range of housing types, including single-family homes, apartments, condominiums, and townhomes. Our movers are experts at delivering your precious family goods safely and on time.

Offers by Imperial Moving Group on Angi
    Eagle Moving & Storage

Eagle Movers is a full-service moving company dedicated to making sure your upcoming move is smooth and worry-free. Our experienced movers are here to help with every step of the process, including packing, loading, moving, and unpacking. With over 30 years of experience, we’re the expert movers you can trust. Call today to request a quote! Your hometown mover you can count on. We are the best move you can make. We service the continental US. Special Pricing for First Responders, Gold Star Families, Military & Seniors Over 65 Years

10% Senior Discount for Local Moves. Full Service Moving & storage offering local, intrastate, interstate, international, office & industrial, storage, packing & crating.

Mini storage type of services, our storage facility is secured, heated & vaulted. We do not rent trucks