AFFORDABLE GLASS & MIRROR

Founded 1975 • With Angi since July 2006

7210 CHAMBERSBURG RD

Dayton, OH 45424

Affordable Glass and Mirror Inc. offers residential, commercial and automotive glass. But our most popular product is replacement windows, which is estimated to be 60 percent of our business.We install Alside windows, one of the world's largest manufacturers."

01/16/2017

Michael S.

The people from Affordable Glass and Mirror were able to hunt down a source for the parts needed for my window repair and then installed them at my home. The window now opens and shuts easily for me. I am extremely pleased with their work.

Description of Work
I had a window which developed damage to the plastic brackets, on the side of the window, and as a result, the window no longer opened or closed as easily as when it was installed over 15 years ago.

03/01/2015

Ed E.

the windows I had in my house were about 15 years old and in not that good of shape. I had 2 other estimates from other window companies and were about double the price that Affordable offered. I agreed to the offer and was told that it would be a couple weeks before installation because they needed to be manufactured. No problem, they called and scheduled the installation of the 13 windows I had ordered. They arrived on time and despite the snow we were getting proceeded to get the job done. Total time was around 8 hours and the difference was instant. Half the noise from the road and much warmer best yet much more affordable.

Description of Work
Replaced all the windows in my house, 13 total

10/31/2014

Joe H.

Service was quick, friendly, and affordable. I dropped off the sash on Saturday, and was told it would take 3-5 business days. The new glass arrived Friday morning, and they had the window sash ready to go by lunch. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced double pane glass on a double hung window.

07/21/2014

claudia H.

Used them years ago, they were able to make this piece attractive enough to use on the wall

Description of Work
Placed a mirror in a wall hanging

07/21/2014

Brittanie E.

I recall the situation going smoothly with them.

Description of Work
They repaired a window as the glass had broken.

07/14/2014

Kimberly M.

We were happy with the service except that it took a few more days than promised.

Description of Work
Cut glass top for a coffee table

01/08/2014

Linda B.

In late 2013 we called and told them the patio glass has another problem. I called and talked to Carolyn and she said let me see if that manufacturer is still making that product. It is my understanding the glass is replaced no matter the timeline. Dave did call and say he was in the neighborhood. My husband and I were not home. He did not make an appointment and we have not heard from him since.

Description of Work
They did everything we asked. Did come out and replace the patio door glass.

12/28/2013

Rachael B.

They provided exceptional service! We had a robbery in Jan 2013 and needed the glass in our back door replaced. The technician was prompt and the job was done in a day. Another company had quoted us more and said it would take several days to complete. The technician even helped up clean up the broken glass that was all over our floors. I will use them again!

Description of Work
Replaced glass in patio door

10/14/2013

Sandra I.

This is a top quality business and crew. There was never any guessing about anything. They kept us well informed and finished quickly and neatly. Great people, Great job!

Description of Work
Replaced windows in 101 year old farm house and a building next door. Replaced a garage door with an 8 foot patio. Great advice whenever we had questions. They took out the old windows, put in new ones and cleaned up everything. They did a really great job!!!

10/04/2013

Angela K.

I used them and I will use them again. They showed up to provide the estimate when expected. I had an issue with one of the windows and they promptly came out and fixed it. The work was done exactly as they said it would be and for the price they originally quoted.

Description of Work
I used Affordable Glass and Mirror in the Spring. They replaced two windows in my kitchen.

02/18/2013

Deborah S.

They did a good job and left the work area clean and neat. An adjustment was required on the door and they came back promptly to adjust and showed my husband how to do the adjustments in the future if he preferred to do so.

Description of Work
Installed a frameless glass door on walk in shower.

Category glass repair, doors

01/14/2013

Eric B.

The price and quality of workmanship was good. They could have done better in the clean up.

Description of Work
Replaced seven windows

01/07/2013

Carrie C.

They came out and gave an estimate which was very reasonable. Once the glass came in, they called and scheduled a time to come out. They came out on time and did a great job.

Description of Work
Fixed two window panes on bay window.

09/24/2012

Judith L.

I have actually used this company on several occasions; all services were performed by a technician named "Ron". The first time he replaced weather stripping that had become quite deteriorated due to age of the windows. On this occasion Ron was at a customer site prior to mine and was running late, but he kept me well informed as to when he would arrive at my home. During the weather stripping replacement he noticed that the balances on two of my windows were broken. He showed me how to use the manufacturer's numbered tags on the windows to order new balances from them. When the new balances came, I scheduled a service call. Unfortunately, the manufacturer did not send instructions with the balances, and when Ron installed them exactly as they had been installed before, they did not work. I contacted the manufacturer again and received another set of new balances and some sketchy instructions. On the next service visit, Ron was able to install them perfectly. He was very patient and professional throughout the whole process, and very dedicated to getting the job done right.

Description of Work
Repaired existing windows, which included new weather stripping on all of them and new balances on two.

06/21/2012

William F.

From initial call to completion was about a month due to the door glass being a non-standard size.

Description of Work
I needed to have the fixed portion of a sliding door glass replaced at a rental property that I own. They were able to provide an estimate, measure the door, and replace the glass without me being present. The job looks great and the service was very good. Thuis worked out well considering that the door had been discontinued and they were not the original installer.

06/06/2012

Maggie C.

I was happy they sent out the same worker that installed the door. I live alone so the repeat person is really nice to see. The company did let me know who was coming out. When they came out to give me the estimate they bought out several different features, and options. They were very nice.

Description of Work
Affordable Glass & Mirror installed a shower. They had to come back out the door had slipped a little bit.

Category doors

04/26/2012

RICHARD B.

fine. One window won't latch now

Description of Work
Put in four windows

02/16/2012

Audrey M.

They were all very professional. They installed my door sooner than I expected them to. The workmanship on the installation was excellent.

Description of Work
They helped me select an energy efficient door and installed it.

11/07/2011

Richard W.

Work was done in less than a week and was very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Replace broken basement window

08/10/2011

JASON C.

. They were very responsive and were great to co-ordinate on the works for our rental property. They were prompt to return calls and messages. I will use them in the future.

Description of Work
. I have had AFFORDABLE GLASS & MIRROR to fix a couple of widow springs.

07/07/2011

Steven G.

A great experience. AG&M were very professional and helpful in assisting me in deciding what window was best for me. After considerable shopping around I determined that their Alside Sheffield windows and patio doors were great products that had everything I was looking for at a total job savings of about 2k. I've had the windows for about 9 months now and am extremely pleased. The installation took a day and overall I'm pleased with the outcome. There were a few areas that I recaulked because I'm pickier than the average person--but nothing to prevent me from highly recommending this company and their products--very happy camper.

Description of Work
Purchased the Alside Sheffield window line. Replace 14 double hung windows and one sliding patio door. Winodws and Patio doror were provided and installed by Affordable Glass and Mirror.

09/18/2010

Jennifer S.

When we purchased a new house in 2001 some of the windows needed replaced. Affordable Glass sent someone out to measure our windows and got an estimate to us quickly. It took a little under a month from measurement to installation. We weren't in any hurry and didn't press for anything sooner. We lived in the house until 2009 and never had the first problem with any of their windows. I'm guessing on the date of window installation. I know we spent the first winter with the original windows and had the new ones put in in 2002.

Description of Work
Affordable Glass installed replacement windows.

09/28/2007

LYNN O.

They were great. They agreed to meet me at the house (which we were buying but didn't yet own) to write an estimate. When we actually needed the work done, they scheduled us for within three days and were early to the appointment. They did a good job of putting the window in and an excellent job of cleaning up the mess the broken glass had made. While they were installing the window, they answered questions we had about getting new screens and even offered suggestions on how we could save money. We were impressed with the service and would hire them again.

Description of Work
They replaced a large picture window.

07/31/2006

TAMARA O.

THEY DID A WONDERFUL JOB OF BUILDING AND FRAMING THE WINDOWS. THE CREW THAT CAME OUT WAS VERY POLITE AND COURTEOUS. THEY CLEANED UP AND GOT RID OF THE OLD WINDOWS AND DEBRIS.

Description of Work
THEY MEASURED THE WINDOWS. WHEN THEY HAD NEW ONES BUILT, THEY PUT IN SEVEN REGULAR WINDOWS AND ONE PICTURE WINDOW.

07/31/2006

WE HAD USED THEM TO REPLACE WINDOWS IN ANOTHER HOUSE. WE LIKE THE QUALITY OF PRODUCTS THEY USE. TWO MEN TOOK ONLY A HALF OF A DAY AND THEY WERE RESPECTFUL OF OUR HOME. THEY DID A GOOD JOB OF CLEANING UP.

Description of Work
THEY REPLACED FOURTEEN WINDOWS IN MY HOME.

American Weathertechs LLC - Cincinnati

Remodeling is our business and we understand the importance of working with you—the homeowner—before, during, and after the job. We provide quality, customized service from our three locations in Columbus, Dayton & Cincinnati. Whether you are in need of replacement windows, roofing, vinyl siding or other services, you can be assured that we will combine quality, integrity and attention to detail, with value pricing. American WeatherTechs, LLC is committed to 100% customer satisfaction. We provide estimates at no cost or obligation to homeowners, seven days a week for your convenience. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. Additional email - contact@americanweathertechs.com. May contact through email.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Improveit! Home Remodeling - Dayton

A hardworking city like Dayton, Ohio deserves hardworking home improvement professionals to take care of their remodeling needs. At Improveit Home Remodeling, we take hard work seriously, so whether you’re looking for the best vinyl window replacement in Kettering or a beautiful bathroom remodel in Vandalia, Improveit has a team ready to update your Dayton-area home. With more than 30 years of Ohio window replacement and bathroom remodeling under our belts, our clients have included families stationed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, faculty and staff at the University of Dayton, and smart homeowners like you looking for the highest quality remodeling for the best value. With Improveit, you’ll get just that and more.

Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Dayton

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Dayton! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC

SHOWER DOORS/MIRRORS/TABLETOPS/REPLACEMENT WINDOWS/PATIO DOORS/AWNINGS/CARPORTS/AUTO/HOME/EXTERIOR DOORS & STORM DOORS.