Ackerman Tree Service, Inc

With Angi since May 2013

4.2

PO Box 13312

Dayton, OH 45413

A-Ackerman Tree Service has been family-owned and operated for over 37 years and has continued to grow to become a full-service tree care company. We offer complete residential, commercial and governmental tree service....

11/23/2016

Michael G.

Description of Work
Tree removal for an Ash tree.

11/23/2016

Michael G.

They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
We had about 14 trees we needed taken out because they were diseased.

08/24/2016

Matthew T.

04/01/2015

Vickie V.

I have always had a good time with them. I got a lot of trees in my backyard and they ask me if I want the wood they will cut it up. They are normal folks.

Description of Work
I use A-Ackerman Tree Service. I used them to get fire wood and about three years ago I called them to cut down trees.

05/08/2014

Jesse C.

They managed to remove the tree without putting a hole in my garage roof. (the tree was dangerously grown above it.) They did knock down a city power line and did an unsatisfactory job of putting my chain-link fence back securely (removed for access.)

Description of Work
Removal of a large maple tree.

01/12/2014

James W.

Description of Work
They removed some large dead limbs from a tree in my back yard.

09/29/2013

Shiloh C.

Arrived hour late and considered this part of work day. Two guys showed up but only one was there working. Left or hour lunch and to get supplies and also considered this part of work day. Only cleared Maybe an acre and cleared is not good word as it was not cleared. Still wanted full 3000 dollars even though admitted job not complete. Said that it was more work then they thought but did not want to re negotiate price or come back to finish full job. I paid them 1500 and told them to sue me for the rest. Make them give you written quite, better yet do not use them. Worked maybe five hours !

Description of Work
gave quote to clear two acres of land with their specialized machine. Said two workers would be there working for a whole day(8) hours. Land had trees that needed cleared for home being built.

06/20/2013

Amy B.

No service was provided because they didn't follow through.

Description of Work
I contacted them to come to my home to have 2 trees removed. They said someone would call me before they came to my house to give me an estimate. No one ever called or showed up to give an estimate.

01/14/2013

ed S.

CALLED FOR ESTIMATE AND GOT IT RIGHT AWAY THE JOB WAS SCHEDULED AND COMPLETED IN TWO WEEKS AT THE AGREED UPON PRICE TOTAL TIME IN MY YARD WAS LESS THAN SIX HRS

Description of Work
TOOK DOWN THREE LARGE TREES GROUND STUMPS CUT WOOD TO FIRE PLACE LENGTH CLEANED UP AND HAULED AWAY UNUSABLE PIECES

06/21/2012

Barbara F.

Jason arrived promptly on Oct.28 to determine the estimate, I give them credit for that.He mentioned that an appointment was required for DP&L to remove the power line to the house, so we agreed on the date and time a couple weeks from then. They showed up with all kinds of equipment and workers right on time , but that's when things turned south.Don't know his name, an older 'gruff' guy looked at the job and was miffed that DP&L had not been contacted, then was miffed that I refused to allow them to remove 10 feet of shrubbery (6 foot tall, very well maintained living privacy fence) to drive the lift truck through the neighbor's yard. This was a couple weeks before a holiday weekend, so he promised to reschedule right after the holiday... Never heard anything from Jason or 'gruff' guy again, even after calling several times over the next several weeks. The woman who answered the phone kept saying they were busy but someone would call me to reschedule. It's important to note: The company who cut those 2 trees, PLUS a large tree in the front yard charged 3,000 and 1) Did NOT need to have DP&L remove the power line 2) Did NOT need to drive his lift truck into the back yard. He climbed the trees (go figure) and skillfully roped and maneuvered the limbs to avoid both the house and the power line with the help of 2 other gentlemen. I prefer quality over quantity and am sharing this review for other like-minded individuals.

Description of Work
Called for an estimate for removal of 2 very tall trees in a difficult area behind and hanging over the house. The work was never done, possibly because they "low balled" the estimate of 2,500 dollars, possibly because they saw how tricky the removal was going to be? They never gave an excuse.

03/23/2012

Norris B.

They were prompt and responsive. They cleaned up very well, and I was satisfied with the work they did. I had used them before. I wouldn't say they were the best, but they were close. I didn't compare other prices. The quality was good.

Description of Work
I used A-Ackerman Tree Service, Inc. to trim some trees. I have used them more than once.

01/20/2012

William M.

Showed up for estimate within 24 hours. Price quoted was good and included senior discount. Scheduled work eight days later. Arrived promptly as scheduled and performed all work as promised. Good clean up.

Description of Work
Trimmed all trees away from roof. Removed dead branches from other trees on property. Trimmed trees and cut back growth in wooded area around property.

GC tree service

We are a family owned and operated business with several years of experience. We offer tree removal services, broken branches, pruning, planting trees and grinding stumps. Please reach out to us directly at 937-559-0252 for more information.

3n1 Tree Service

We are a veteran owned, local company with 4 retired Air Force members on our team. We are focused on providing high-quality service, affordable prices, and most importantly, customer satisfaction. We will do everything we can to exceed your expectations. No job is too complicated or simple.

Kyles Excavating

Mostly a single person operation, on the occasion I require help, I have 3 part-time gentlemen that work for me, as needed. Payment terms, 50% due upon signing and accepting estimate, balance due upon completion. For larger jobs, financing is available.

Residential, commercial & government pruning, trimming, dangerous tree removal, stump removal cabling, lot clearing, firewood, land clearing & leveling.