A-Abel

Founded 1937 • With Angi since July 2006

440 Congress Park Dr

Dayton, OH 45459

2012 was our 75th Year. We must be doing something right. We will work hard to make sure ANGIE'S LIST customers are pleased with our service. Our Experts are Experienced and ready to solve your Home's problems.

12/20/2021

Carol B.

They did a great job and have a nice work.

Description of Work
Leak on the roof

12/05/2018

KURT K.

It was the day before Thanksgiving and all through the house, everyone was in a panic including our eight out of town guests as the hot water ran out. The A-Abel did everything they could to squeeze us into their schedule for Wednesday appointment, the technician worked diligently to bring back to life our 15-year-old hot water heater to help us get over the holiday and weekend. I would in the future re-engage the company services again.

Description of Work
Cleaning and tuning the gas burner and flame thermal coupler sensor.

Category pest control, water heater repair

Hello Mr [Member Name Removed]. Thanks for the nice review regarding the Hot Water failure at Thanksgiving. We are happy that the repair was accomplished to your satisfaction. Our Team works hard to make life more comfortable, safe & enjoyable. We appreciate the chance to be of service.

09/13/2018

ROGER W.

Very well. We had a family member who was very allergic to bees and they were buzzing around. The serviceman identified them and they were not bees but yellow jackets. He stopped them from buzzing around.

Description of Work
Bee hive removed

07/24/2018

Pat T.

Job done same day as we called. Caleb, the tech., was prompt and called in advance. Work was done properly and efficiently and he was very pleasant. Definitely will use again.

Description of Work
Replaced ceiling fixture, wall switch

Category lighting

Thanks for the positive feedback. We appreciate you choosing A-Abel for your electrical needs. Have a great day !

09/27/2017

Omayra S.

.It was kina of a situation where it was several steps. If they set traps would have to seal the hole in roof. I felt why do it I get one squirrel, I would just end up getting more. So I left it for now.

Description of Work
.Came to do an estimate/evaluation, with a squirrel issue. Took a look and gave us an idea on how to go about dealing with issue.

Category pest control

Thanks for your feedback. We will be ready if you need us in the future. Sometimes wildlife situations are complex. Hopefully we can be of service in the future.

08/15/2017

SHEILA W.

I had a lot of plumbing parts in the bathroom and I just wanted them to use a couple of the different parts to do a specific job that I wanted done. I showed them the parts and when they were done and after they left, some of the parts that they weren't even supposed to touch just disappeared from the box. I called the company and said, "I'd like those parts back" and the manager said, "well, they're gone now" with no explanation or no idea of reimbursement or anything like that. I just would never use them again. They just had sticky fingers. They used a couple of other parts, but parts that they weren't even supposed to be using just disappeared. They didn't use the parts, they just took them. The work they did was fine, their customer service afterwards was lousy. Their price was average.

Description of Work
They put in a new shower head.

08/01/2017

Valarie C.

Called Monday, scheduled tech for 8-10 AM Tue. Tech Chris called at 8:30, arrived 8:45. Chris gave an estimate of $160 and explained the process. He suggested staying out of the area for abt an hour after he finished. It took him abt half an hour to spray the nest and remove it completely. Chris said to expect a few hornets to hang around for a couple of days. Exceptional service!!

Description of Work
Removal of Huge Hornet's Nest from a Tree

Category pest control

Hey [Member Name Removed]- Thanks for choosing A-Abel and sharing your experience. We are very proud to have Chris on our team, he truly does do a great job and cares about the Customer's satisfaction. I will be sure to pass on a "well done" to him. ( He's used to it ) .

07/31/2017

heidi C.

Repair person was punctual, courteous and efficient.

Description of Work
replaced supply hoses and installed shut off valves under kitchen sink.

Category pest control, plumbing

Thanks for the "A" grade - we very much appreciate your business & glad to know that our team met your expectations. We work hard to keep our customers safe, comfortable and help them enjoy their homes. Thanks again, hope we can be of service again in the future.

07/03/2017

Judith W.

Caleb was friendly, efficient,and very knowledgeable. He was right up front with the expenses and repaired the problem quickly.

Description of Work
I did not have electricity in 2 rooms

Category electrician

Thanks for choosing A-Abel for your electrical service repair. We appreciate the positive review... Thanks again, we will be here if you have other repair needs in the future.

06/22/2017

Wayne M.

Excellent. We have many trees and have this done every 6 months and there have been no backup problems.

Description of Work
Preventative cleanup of main drain from house.

Category plumbing

Glad to hear we've earned your confidence... We will be here when you need us ! Thanks for choosing A-Abel.

06/19/2017

Robert S.

The work went very well! Adam & Thomas were very professional, efficient, and left my home exactly as they found it when the work was completed. I was extremely happy with their service!

Description of Work
I had various electrical fixtures which needed fixed or installed

Category electrician

Thanks for choosing A-Abel for your electrical work. We appreciate your kind review.

06/12/2017

Rodney M J.

They are excellent and give you the price before they come out. If they come out and there are additional fees, they will let you know before they start. They won't try to fix something and then tell you they can't and charge you for it.

Description of Work
Electrical-Shorted out my outdoor plug

Category electrician

Thanks for your nice review and choosing A-Abel. We appreciate your business.

06/08/2017

Denise M.

Very well, technician determined that we had flying ants and provided guidance on how to treat ourselves

Description of Work
TErmite inspection

Category pest control

Thanks for the kind review. We hope to be of service again in the future. Have a great day !

05/25/2017

Mike G.

The plumber called ahead to confirm he was on his way. He arrived well within the quoted time range quoted to me when I made the appointment. He worked quickly and the quality of the work was great. They use task-based pricing, which makes the price of the work transparent, but might feel a little on the high side for the amount of time spent on the job. Hard to argue with the results, though. I'm already planning to call A-Abel again soon to do some other small plumbing jobs that are beyond my skill level.

Description of Work
I needed to have a kitchen drain pipe replaced

Category plumbing

thanks for choosing A-Abel for your repairs, we are very proud of our service techs and Customer service teams... We appreciate your business and referrals... thanks again.

04/25/2017

Louis B.

I had a very good experience with them. I had a $25 gift certificate from Angie's List I think. It took probably half a hour to complete the work. One person came to do the work and he left the area very clean.

Description of Work
They came in and did some pest control

04/12/2017

Theresa T.

They were punctual, courteous, clean and focused on the job at hand.

Description of Work
Replaced bathtub cartridge.

Category pest control, plumbing

04/12/2017

Charlie B.

Tech showed up at scheduled time to place trap. Trap is still in place (6wks later) and no one in office answers phone or returns calls to set up time to remove trap.

Description of Work
Place live trap to capture/remove animal from under deck.

04/01/2017

Mark N.

What stood out the most was their expertise. They seemed to really know their stuff. They were a lower cost than the alternative. There were some delays. They were very professional. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
We hired them for an HVAC system for our second floor. They put in a unit on the second floor, it was a Mitsubishi mini split for heat and cool.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

03/24/2017

Matthew G.

I couldn't be happier! Mr Robert Rutledge performed the work with a high degree of professionalism and efficiency. So nice to deal with someone who not only has the knowledge but also the customer service ethic to complete the job. I will definitely recommend him and your company to neighbors and friends in need of electrical work. I am actually considering having my new roof and gutters done by A-Abel instead of a local company because I was so happy with the work Mr Rutledge and his capable assistant completed.

Description of Work
Complete attic retire and removal of knob & tube service. Installation of 2 ceiling fixture boxes and 2 hard wired smoke detectors.

Category electrician

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your business. Hope you have a great day!

03/21/2017

PHYLLIS C.

I had a saggy section over the garage door. I didn't know if I should call a roofer, a siding guy or who. I called AAble and asked and thankfully they did that type of repair. Dave Lapp came out quickly to provide an estimate. Very soon after two contractors came out, John and an assistant. John notified me that this required more than replacing trim, the header was rotting due to ants. They took care of the problem quickly (didn't even have to move my car out of the garage). Dave quickly came back out when I had some questions about how the caulk set due to the colder weather. John and his assistant returned and stripped it out and refinished...again...and Dave came out later that day to check their work. Very professional, very responsive and good quality work all around - from the estimate to the workers. They also cleaned up after themselves and you'd never know they were here. I would absolutely hire them again for any other repairs that fall into their many areas of expertise. They want you to be happy with their work, and it shows.

Description of Work
Garage header replaced and frame work redone

Category roofing, siding

Thanks for choosing A-Abel. We are glad to hear we solved the problem for you. Your business is appreciated !

03/08/2017

Tamara N.

We have had them do several things over the past years. They stuck to the time table they said they would. They were also very polite and professional.

Description of Work
Pest control

Category pest control

We appreciate your review, and your business. Glad to hear we got rid of the pest(s) for you. We will be here when you need us... Thanks..

02/20/2017

Denise W.

Excellent. Technician reviewed the area and provided an honest assessment. It was old termite damage and no visible signs of new termites. House was previously treated.

Description of Work
Review Termite Damage

01/08/2017

John B.

The department managers processed quotes within a day and the crews arrived on time on the requested day. The work was done efficiently and to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Electric and water to a new detached garage.

Category electrician, plumbing

12/20/2016

Martha B.

A Abel did a heat treatment and a follow up 2 weeks after. Cost about $1800 for entire house plus a twin & queen protective covers for beds.

Description of Work
Had bed bugs that I needed to get rid of.

12/06/2016

shellie W.

I am deathly afraid of anything remotely looking like a cockroach. The new neighbor next door has remodeled and moved in used furniture. During the summer hot dry month, I saw what I thought might be a roach outside in the grass. Fast forward and after the house sitting empty 8 months, we started to remodel before I move in. I found what I thought was a roach inside. Freakout begins, I use Angie's list and find Able of Dayton. Brian shows up and confirms it's a German roach and calms me down after I tell him "now we have to burn the house". He sprays the house that very visit and says he doesn't think they have infested me and not to get the gasoline out yet. Awesome man and a respray in spring is even less money. I will be on the lookout as we remodel/move-in for anymore, I will be calling Brian back. Burning is still on the table, I don't care what my boyfriend says!

Description of Work
Spider and possible german cockroach sighting

Beeco Softwater

Beeco Softwater is family-owned and -operated business serving Englewood and the Greater Dayton area for over 50 years. Bill Beeler started the business as Beeco Plumbing in 1966. In 1972, the business became Beeco Plumbing Inc. In 1986, after selling different water softeners for several years, Beeco Plumbing Inc took on the dba name Beeco Softwater and also became a dealer for Hague Water Conditioning. In 2006, after 20 years as a Hague dealer, Beeco Softwater parted ways with Hague and began selling our own equipment, the Aqua Clean water conditioner, featuring the Clack valve. We were impressed with the high quality of the Clack product, the use of a turbulator in the resin tanks, and the dependability and long life of the unit. In 2008, Bill Beeler, while remaining with the company, stepped down as the president and turned the daily operations over to his son, Brian. Both Bill and Brian are state-licensed master plumbers and are currently the only installers of any equipment purchased or rented through Beeco Softwater.

Four Seasons Seamless Gutters

D & D Electrical Service

We specialize in electrical services, repairs, installs, lighting, panel upgrades, ceiling fans, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

Electrical, Exterminating, Heating & Air, Plumbing, Tubmaster, & Roofing.

Fiber Optic Cabling