Ohio Outdoor Structures

Founded 1969 • With Angi since April 2005

4.4

Additional address - PO Box 428, Dalton, Ohio 44618....

AWCSC LLC - All Weather Construction and Service Crew LLC

Apple Creek Roofing

Here at Apple Creek Roofing, we pride ourselves with offering exceptional service in a professional manner. We do our own work, so no sub-contracting! We are an owner-operated, small business with 5 well qualified employees. We have been in the roofing industry since 2010. All roofs are guaranteed! Specializing in re-roofs, new roofs, gutter , downspouts and leaf guards .

Scherer Quality Construction

Owned by James Scherer, Scherer Quality Construction LLC is a business based on integrity. We offer upfront pricing, honest service, and high-quality craftsmanship. Throughout the years, we have gained a reputation for going the extra mile for homeowners which is what our customers should expect with our family’s 50+ years of experience. From small repair projects to extensive renovations, we give every project our full attention. Contact us today for a Free Estimate!

Offers by Scherer Quality Construction on Angi

08/31/2012

FRED C.

Purchased storage shed with 1/2 down and remainder upon delivery. The actual shed itself is fine; the design, materials and construction quality are all acceptable. However, the overall experience was not good. Beware that this is not one company. It is more like a franchise operation of independent contractors. One person sells it, another person does the site prep, another person does delivery and none of these people are employees of Ohio Outdoor Structures. First, the sales person (Michael). He called me repeatedly (the word and quot;houndedand quot; comes to mind) to put money down on the unit. As explained to him, this project was dependent on obtaining a building permit, so nothing was happening until that step was done. In the meantime, Michael recommended another person to do the site prep. Bad move. After speaking with this other person to review the job site and make an estimate, it was clear that he had never built a post and beam support system. No way was I going to be his on the job training. Had another company build it. Secondly, the delivery person. This is yet another independent contractor. Had trouble getting him to return my calls and finally got a delivery date committment from Michael (Sales). Another bad move. Found out later, the Sales person was making committments for the delivery guy that the delivery person wasn't aware of. Right hand / left hand thing going on. Overall, very unprofessional outfit. If you're willing to put up with the nonsense of multiple contractors where no one takes responsibility, have at it. You might get a shed, but I wouldn't recommend it. Too many other good pre-built structures out there.

Description of Work
Purchase and delivery of pre-built (display model) 10' x 12' storage shed.

10/05/2011

Randy S.

I had shopped some of the big box stores. I was in the construction business for about 10 years. The salesman's name was John and I went to their showroom and the quality didn't even compare to the big box stores. There is no plywood and no siding. The sides are 1/2 inch pine tongue and groove. The floors were 2 inch 2x8. It has a loft and a 30 year guarantee on the shingles. I expected stuff to be good at the showroom. The guys that came out and put the thing together were finished carpenters; it was not like they were framers. They weren't blow and go; they paid attention to detail. It was incredible workmanship and great materials. That shed is going to be there as long as the house is. It was definitely high quality. It took them a while to get out there. I asked John about it and their waiting list is almost 3 weeks. They were really busy and he said that this time of year is when people buy sheds. He said that it was seasonal. He said that they were usually slower when school lets out. They came out when they said they would and knocked it out in a day. They did a great job.

Description of Work
We used Ohio Outdoor Structures for a shed.

Category roofing,garage builders,woodworking

10/08/2010

WILLIAM D.

Construction was smooth, quick, and well done. Afterwards they were careful to every thing was left clean.

Description of Work
We have had 3 sheds/playhouses built by this company. Two were built 4 years ago at different locations, costing $3,000 each. We liked them so much, we hired Buckeye Barns again to build our last one 2 years ago. The people were on time, friendly, and made a quality product each time. All the sheds are 10' x 10', including a front porch. They have shingled gabled roofs, three windows with planting boxes, a loft, a small Dutch door and a larger entrance door.

Category playground equipment,garage builders

10/05/2009

Thomas B.

The purchase end went very well with friendly and helpful customer service. Scheduling the work was a breeze. The work itself was done very well and very professionally. My one complaint would be that I took off work on Thursday to have the barn built and had been told by the scheduler that they would be arriving between 8am and 9am. I got a call around 8:30am informing me that they had to finish up another site and would be there mid-afternoon to get started on my shed but would not finish. They did not make it at all that day and I ended up having to take another day off work so it could be installed. Great work but they need to brush up on the communication skills. A call on Wednesday night could have made this a stellar review.

Description of Work
We purchased a shed to be built on-site.

10/04/2009

CHRISTOPHER H.

I researched storage sheds for some time from the typical big box stores and then heard about Amish barns from a friend. I researched Buckeye Barns on the web and found this location. I went to look at the sheds he had on site and found a close out special for almost half price. Even paying full price, I still think it is a better deal than what is available at the big box stores.

Description of Work
Delivered an 8 x 8 storage shed to my home and made sure it was installed on the site and leveled.

10/04/2008

REGINA S.

We looked at others and went with this Buckeye Barns location because of John's friendliness, price and customer-focused attitude. The crew that came to build the barn were Amish, (I believe) and were very efficient, courteous and fast. We're thrilled with the way it turned out and the quality is top notch.

Description of Work
Custom built a storage shed/barn on the premises at our home.

09/06/2008

SUSAN B.

Very good. We had a great experience at the store on Hamilton Road. The salesman and his son were very friendly and took the time to answer any question we had. They were also very good with our kids. Our hangup came with the main company as we were under a deadline due to two projects happening in our backyard, the first one being the shed that needed to be in prior to our fence being installed. They cut the deadline very close and were not as responsive as we would have liked about timing of when the shed was to be installed. After we set the date, the son of the salesman came to do the installation work. He was great! He is a hard worker and built the entire shed in one day! It is very solid and sound, excellent construction! Again, the store/sales site is top-notch, but we did have a little issue with timing from the main company.

Description of Work
We had a 10x12 shed installed at our house. They had to put in a footer (by city code) and have it inspected twice during the process. The footer was complete on one day, inspected, then the shed was built the following day.

01/18/2006

KIM S.

It was good. They showed up when they said they would, finished the job in one day, and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
They installed a storage barn in the back yard.

09/12/2005

Dan H.

THE SALES REP CAME TO OUR HOUSE TO MEASURE. THEY WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND. THE PRICE WAS VERY FAIR AND THE WORK WAS EXCELLENT. THEY WERE VERY PLEASANT TO WORK WITH.

Description of Work
INSTALLED A WOODEN PLAYSET.

Category playground equipment

04/07/2005

BONNIE Y.

FOLLOWING THE PURCHASE, THEY GAVE ME A FIRM DATE FOR THE DELIVERY and INSTALLATION. THEY SHOWED UP ON TIME AND GOT RIGHT TO WORK. THEY CLEANED UP ALL DEBRIS. WE HAD TO DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! THEY ARE EXCELLENT.

Description of Work
ASSEMBLED AND INSTALLED A LARGE GYM SET IN OUR BACKYARD.

Category playground equipment

Sales and installation of storage buildings, gazabos, gym sets, playhouses & outdoor furniture.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover