A Caspersen Company Inc.

Founded 1973 • With Angi since March 2003

3473 Wyoga Lake Rd

Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44224

We are not your everyday home improvement company. We are a Christian based family company. Eric A. Caspersen started in the business with United States Steel Alside Inc. back in 1973, fresh out of college. After 21 years with Alside he started the A. Caspersen Co. on his own in 1994; and the rest as they say is history. We have done thousands of remodeling jobs since and still have an impeccable reputation. We are glad to give you names and numbers to verify our claims. We give you our best price and lowest price up front, we offer no gimmicks, haggling, high-pressure sales tactics or free stuff - only a good product for a fair price. Eric's favorite saying is Price is significant but satisfaction is priceless....

07/17/2017

Brian S.

They were a little high priced but was able to negotiate down to a good number. I have used them in the past for windows and doors and have always been very happy. The roof was the same. Marten was good to work with and was helpful as always. The crew was very efficient and worked very well together. They would have complete the work in one day but the supplies were a little late so they came back and finished up the next day. They did a good job of cleaning up and making sure they didn't damage my garden (right next to the house).

Description of Work
Replacement roof

08/31/2016

Chris K.

Outstanding. Daniel and Dave were fantastic! They did excellent quality work, and treated our home and family with respect in the process. Everything was expertly removed without damaging existing structure and excellently installed with proper level, insulation, and sealing. I've got another 9-windows to go and a roof in my future. I'm certainly going to be looking back their way when the time comes. The product is 1/2 important, the service is the other 1/2. They are the whole package.

Description of Work
Remove & replace 9 windows (builder grade, 15yr old) with OKNA windows. Previous install was original construction followed by brickfront up to and around the window.

08/10/2015

Dennis A.

We are very happy with the entire process. They arrived on time, did beautiful work, and left the area spotless.

Description of Work
A Caspersen replaced 13 windows in our home.

06/15/2015

Hobson H.

It went extremely well. The new storm door is a true upgrade from the screen door with bevelled glass that was prreviously there. The new storm door is more secure. I can lock it when I leave my home in the mornings and at night when I retire for the evening. Their response and quality of work was excellent. They allowed me to tour their facility to obtain first hand insight to the quality of their storm doors.

Description of Work
They provided me with a new storm door on my screened in porch area. This is the main entrance to my home.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review! We are so glad to hear that you are happy with you new door. Thank you for your business. You were a pleasure to work with.

05/09/2015

Gary H.

From beginning to end they were a pleasure to work with. The sales presentation was thorough and all our questions and concerns were addressed. The installers arrived on time, explained how they planned to proceed, made sure we were OK with the plan and immediately began to work. The installation was completed in one day and the installers cleaned up and removed all the trash including the old windows and storms. The new windows look great and should give many years of trouble free service.

Description of Work
Replaced 11 windows with new vinyl replacements and installed new interior casing around all the windows.

02/24/2015

Larry S.

Workmen arrived at the agreed upon time on the agreed upon date and went right to work. They were familiar with the job because they had investigated it ahead of the actual installation. The job took several hours and went off without a hitch. everything was cleaned up perfectly, and they departed. This is the third job they have performed at my house and I would use them again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Replaced foggy picture window along with (2) side light windows.

02/10/2015

GEORGE H.

From the initial sales call to the installation, they were professional. We we're looking to get an Okna brand door installed and found them through the manufacturer. I appreciate they're willing to sell such a high quality product without an outrageous markup and we've recommended them since then to friends and family.

Description of Work
Installed new patio sliding door.

Category replacement windows

Thank you so much for your nice review. You were a pleasure to work with and we greatly appreciate you referring us to your friends and family.

01/04/2015

David D.

Plain and simple, A. Caspersen does A LOT of things right and they are the example for other companies on how to do business. After receiving estimates from numerous other companies, it was clear on first contact with Eric at A. Caspersen that they are a different and better company than the others. Their stated business philosophy is backed up by their actions, their prices, and the quality of their products and workmanship. Throughout the entire project, everyone at A. Caspersen was professional, respectful, friendly, prompt, and seemed like they enjoy their jobs. After providing an estimate to a potential customer, there is a fine line for companies on how to follow-up with the homeowner. Between falling off the face of the earth to continual harassment, I have experienced both extremes from other prospective companies. However, A. Caspersen walks this fine line very well. No pressure sales tactics along with friendly follow-ups and interactions made dealing with Eric and Billy at A. Caspersen a delightful experience. The installers, who are part of the company and not a subcontractor, were punctual and friendly. They were respectful of my home and cleaned up the project area when the project was completed. I highly recommend A. Caspersen and will use them for future projects.

Description of Work
Installed 9 Okna double hung windows, 1 Okna double casement window, 1 Okna sliding patio door, and 4 decorative window headers. Removed all of the old, original windows and patio door.

Category replacement windows

Thank you very much for your kind review. You were a pleasure to work with.

01/01/2015

Karen E.

This was a 100% pleasurable experience for us. Eric and Chelsea worked to find products that matched our concept. They were quick to respond to questions and with a quotation. Their crew was prompt, neat, worked hard, and did a high quality installation. From the beginning we felt like valued customers. We would definitely use them for other work (they do windows and roofs as well) and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Install siding, soffit, fascia, and trim on house

Category replacement windows

Thank you (removed member name). I appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. You were a pleasure to work with. Your house looks beautiful!

09/13/2014

Amanda H.

I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone looking for quality siding/window work. I will be calling them again when I am ready to have the rest of my windows replaced as well. They were VERY prompt and professional. Billy was exactly what you want as a salesman/overseer, he answered all of our questions clearly, and came by every day to make sure everything was being done the way we wanted. The installers were very professional and very obviously knew exactly what they were doing. An A++ company.

Description of Work
Siding on entire house, including insulation. Removed old 12'w x 10'h windows, built a 3' wall, and installed pictures windows. Also replaced garage windows.

Category insulation, siding, replacement windows

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate the kinds words. This make our day! You were a pleasure to work with.

07/30/2014

Deborah A.

I purchased home in January 2014 - Sunrise windows that had been installed in 2001 by Casperson for the original owners of the home - I am now the third owner. The receipt and warranty information had been passed along and these windows had a lifetime transferrable warranty. Two of the windows had lost their gas and developed mold on the inside between the panes. Mr. Casperson came out to inspect and ordered replacement windows from Sunrise. The new windows that came in were not the correct size and had to be reordered. One of the new windows that were sent upon reorder required some modification that was difficult and time consuming. The Casperson Company honored the warranty without any hesitation or questions and put in great effort to do the job correctly. The only charge was a $75 service fee. I will be using their services again for replacement of some doors.

Description of Work
Replaced Sunrise windows that were under a lifetime transferrable warranty

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are glad we were able to help you and that you were so happy with our services. We look forward to working with you in the future!

05/02/2014

Megan H.

Eric and Chelsea were extremely thorough and responsive to my emails. I wasn't 100% happy with how the frame of the new bathroom window looked, and I sent a picture explaining why. Eric and Dale came out right away to talk about changes they could make and had it done that day. I was completely impressed with their customer service and I would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
A Caspersen replaced a window sash that had failed and then replaced an entire window in our downstairs bathroom.

Category replacement windows

Thank you [removed member name] . We are glad we were able to fix the problem and complete the job to your satisfaction. Thank you for giving us the chance to make it right!!

03/08/2014

Steven L.

We came in contact with A Caspersen Co. when they replaced a number of windows at my workplace, a church in the Goodyear Heights neighborhood of Akron. The windows were a variety of sizes and they had no problem with wrong sizes or windows not being built to fit. The work was completed in less time than anticipated and have already proven to help the church save on its heating costs. The same circumstances were true at our home. The work went quickly because the small crew stayed on task and their foreman put in extra time to see that the windows were absolutely installed correctly, were insulated completely and that the fit was as air tight as possible. In two and a half days all of the windows, from the basement to the top floor were installed and the inside trim painted. For the last four months we have enjoyed having windows that open easily without feeling any breeze at all coming from around the window frame. I have been impressed with the professionalism of the A. Caspersen Co. in their desire to meet my needs in whatever way possible, provide me with a quality product and excellent service and be available for follow-up service whenever it may be required.

Description of Work
The provider replaced 15 windows in our home. Most of the windows were located on the ground floor of the house, one window in the stairway to the second story, one window in the stairway to the third floor and two windows on the third floor. In addition, two large egress windows in the basement family room were installed.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for the kind words [member name removed]. You were a pleasure to work with!

02/10/2014

roy B.

The guy came as he said he would, he gave me an estimate, he was very polite and courteous. We agreed upon the price, he sent his workers out, they came out, did the work as they promised they would do, and I would give them a very high rating. I found him to be quite honest and very friendly. They worked very hard. I thought the pricing was fair, and it was not a small job.

Description of Work
We used A Caspersen Co Inc. They took out the rail road ties, and replaced them.

Category handyman service

Dear [member name removed] , Thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding your overall experience with us! I will share your feedback with the team as I am sure they will appreciate your comments. Thank you again for being our customer and we hope you keep us in mind for future home improvements! Sincerely, Chelsea C.

01/13/2014

Larry S.

They arrived on time and installed the door in about 1/2 day. They were very professional and knowledgeable about the product. They were courteous and answered all of our questions. The installation went off without a hitch.

Description of Work
Installed sliding glass door

Category replacement windows

Dear [removed members name], Thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding your overall experience with us! I will share your feedback with the team as I am sure they will appreciate your comments. Thank you again for being our customer and we hope you keep us in mind for future home improvements! Sincerely, Chelsea C.

01/04/2014

gordon D.

The company responded initially. We made an appointment and they came out. We explained we were just looking for an estimate for a job we wanted to start by March 2014. After a long discussion and many ideas passed back and forth, we were told that he wanted his carpenter to come by and take a look before he gave an estimate. We never heard from the company again. I really thought this would be a good company to do business with and thought perhaps we were forgotten in error. I called them in late October or early November, left a very detailed message and ask for a return call. I have never heard from this company again,. We are going to have the roof built, but it won't be by Caspersen.

Description of Work
Called for an estimate on a roof to cover our back patio.

[member name removed], Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. I will share this feedback with our team. I am very sorry for the lack of follow up and timeliness of our response. Unfortunately, Martin was not aware of your sense of urgency. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback. I will share this feedback with our team.

12/30/2013

Mike O.

They did a very nice job. They came and worked steadily and got the whole job done in a few hours on a Saturday. They had to come back and put some flashing on a couple of days later. Basically they had the right people and the right tools because it was a pretty big job. The price wasn't cheap.

Description of Work
We used A Caspersen to put in a beautiful picture window. They replaced a couple of windows with one large window.

Category replacement windows

Dear [removed members name], Thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding your overall experience with us! I will share your feedback with the team as I am sure they will appreciate your comments. Picture windows aren't cheap, but they do look great! Thank you again for being our customer and we hope you keep us in mind for future home improvements! Sincerely, Chelsea C.

11/01/2013

Patricia B.

iEric A Caspersen spent a lot of time thoroughly checking every window He assessed visible water damage on ceilings, and found no correlation between windows and water leakage. Eric took the time to clearly explain his findings. Eric is a man of integrity, and honesty. His specialty is excellent , personal service to his customers. That is why I chose Eric, and his company, to install my whole-house windows in 2005. And that is why today, November 1, 2013, I continue highly recommending A Caspersen Company.

Description of Work
In December 2005 I purchased whole house windows from A Caspersen Company. The windows and sliding glass patio door have provided quiet, warmth and energy efficiency since installation. The past few months water spots have appeared on the ceilings of my upstairs bedroom closet, and downstairs hallway, and hallway closet. I contacted the window company, seeking assessment of issue, and possible relationship of windows to leakage problem. Owner, Eric A Caspersen personally came to my home for the assessment., no charge for services provided.

09/23/2013

RICK Z.

Dale and Cliff called prior to arrival and arrived on time. Both of them were very professional and took pride in their work. The windows look great. Even though it was raining, the guys continued to work and didn't let it slow them down. Had a hard time getting a response from the office at times but overall a very good experience.

Description of Work
Installed 7 Okna 800 windows with outside trim.

08/26/2013

Diane M.

The first week went great. The job was supposed to take 10 working days. It took 4 weeks. They wouldn't come some days nd not let us know. They'd work a couple hours and leave. The painting was bad and we asked them fix it...they sort of did. They used our kitchen towels ( cloth towels) and then throw them away. They stopped up our toilet in the basement by putting paper towels in it and it overflowed and never bothered to tell us. They broke a lampshade by laying a door on it. My husband got donuts for them almost every morning, and we provided coffee and coffee maker. After they'd been "working" for almost a month we took away the coffee maker and they went rooting through our stuff to find another one to use. They left oil spots where they parked in our driveway and even tho they said they'd come back to clean it up, they never did, so we had to. There was more work to be done, but we finally just paid them and said they were done. We don't want to see them or hear from them ever again. We are now using Roberts Construction and they have been great and very professional.

Description of Work
Tore down to the studs all walls in basement den, enlarged den by 4 feet. Dry walled and painted said walls. Put in small pocket door between kitchenette and den. Also, double pocket doors between den and rest of basement. Closet in den with light.

07/08/2013

George P.

They were good. They were professional.

Description of Work
A Caspersen Co Inc came out and gave an estimate which was around $17000 for siding.

Category siding

Thank you very much for your kind words.

07/02/2013

Pamela B.

I just like them. Their professionalism was great. They were punctual.

Description of Work
I used A Caspersen Co Inc to redo my mom’s garage.

Category garage builders

We like you too! Thank you!

06/24/2013

terrie D.

I compared their prices with another company in Euclid where I have my other house and he was somewhat below. His doors are guaranteed, and guaranteed to actually open and close. It is an amazing door. It is so good, we are just thrilled, because it is a very old house; the house is over 100 years old and they had to rebuild the entire frame, so it was not just hanging a door. They completely finished around there and it was amazing. It opens with a little finger. I am old and one of the problems with the old door was that it was hard for me to pull it open and now I have a new door that closes and opens easily. They finished the frame the same day.

Description of Work
I had A Caspersen Co. Inc. do my dressy side door and they were amazing.

Category handyman service, doors

Thank you for the great review. You were a pleasure to work with!

06/15/2013

Lois M.

It took longer to get the doors than we originally expected but they kept in touch and let us know of the factory delays. While we waited for the doors they came and built the garage steps so that it would be easier for us during our move. During the installation there were some structural issues and they worked to resolve them in a way that gave us an end product that was even better than we expected. We trusted Pat too have a key to the house to do the work over the several days it took to get everything done. With the new doors and the special touches with the handicapped steps and special handrails we have a new house that is secure and comfortable. Eric's management of the project and Chelsea's follow-up throughout the project helped us feel good about the work that was being done.

Description of Work
They replaced three doors with beautiful special-ordered doors and during the measuring recognized that better steps and handrails were needed to meet some of out handicap needs. They installed the steps and railings too.

Category handyman service, remodeling, replacement windows, doors

Thank you [member name removed]! I hope your dog is enjoying his doggy door!

03/18/2013

Dennis R.

A Caspersen Co. Inc. were friendly, efficient, on time and very, very professional. They were a serious consideration. I ended up getting five quotes and went with a different company. I would get a quote from them in the future, if I need to.

Description of Work
I got a quote from them for roofing.