T H E CARPENTER

Founded 2003 • With Angi since November 2004

2139 SEDAN AVE

Columbus, OH 43207

6 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. LICENSE#'S: HIC3790 & G4441. ADDITIONAL E-MAIL: INFO@THECARPENTERTHEHOMEEXPERT.COM...

04/11/2009

James R.

Called regarding having a deck added and the phone was answered in the most professional why as "What". Did not sound enthusiastic about a possible job. Would not use simple because of the phone conversation.

07/28/2008

LEONARD M.

He has very good work. He did everything that I wanted done for me. He showed up on time to do the work. He got the work done when he said he would.

Description of Work
The company installed some custom book shelves in my house for me.

Category woodworking

05/22/2008

BARBARA H.

His employees were extremely courteous and considerate. The owner came out and worked on it too. He was very down to earth and just someone you could talk to. He talked with me one on one about and idea that I wanted. They cleaned up really well.

Description of Work
They designed and built a combination ramp plus a deck on my house.

Category contractors, decks

05/09/2008

Pamela W.

The gentleman came, said he would mail us a quote; never heard from him again.

Description of Work
Called for an appointment for a quote to: build, install 3 office cabinets; build 1 cabinet for kitchen (replacing area where trash compactor had been); switching "swing" of laundry room door; securing garage steps; make and install doors for multiple garage shelves; paint garage shelf doors; frame out/sheet rock/and install "wall" around basement sump pump area; repair seal on garage door.

Category woodworking, interior painters, doors

03/17/2008

Brenda W.

The project took about three weeks, and of course, there was dust everywhere as the cement floor had to be dug out in spots, and walls torn down. Plumbing was reconfigured to accommodate the new shower and the wall-hanging toilet and sink. A much-needed utility tub was added on the spur of the moment, as was a new hot water heater. New wallboard was hung and primed and painted. Doorways were redesigned so that my husband can get about more easily in his scooter and Jazzy wheelchair. The workers were hard-working and very trustworthy. The job took place in the wintertime, with lots of snow at times, including the blizzard of '08. Everyone was careful to keep from tracking in too much dirt into the house. At times like this, patience is a virtue! We made the best of it and made friends in the process.

Description of Work
Our bathroom was completely gutted and put back together to become a handicapped-accessible bathroom for my husband, complete with wall-mounted toilet, sink, and a "drive-in" shower. The floor is tiled, and the shower enclosure has cultured marble with a tile accent. Together, Tony and I created a beautiful and functional bathroom with no barriers. This was a difficult project, and a learning experience in some ways, but the result is beautiful.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, water heater repair, marble & granite, home remodeling

12/28/2007

Jess H.

Great. Tony and his guys were there religiously every day at 7:30 AM. There were times when Tony was working on other jobs but he explained those in advance and always let me know his schedule. Even when he wasn't here, though, his guys were. They were all incredibly courteous and extremely professional, and took a great deal of pride in what they were doing. If you have to have work done on your house, this is how it should be done.

Description of Work
120 year old house. Re-did walls, stairs (that had collapsed), ceilings, paint, trim, completely redid hazardous attic into a comfortable living space. Also did same work on my downstairs rental, but did complete new bathroom. Even people that decided the place wasn't what they were looking for took pictures of the bathroom because they thought it was so cool. Tony Blankenship's ideas and workmanship have made this property very exciting.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

06/21/2007

RHONDA N.

He was professional and did a fine job.

Description of Work
He replaced the toilet and other small misc jobs in our bathroom.

Category handyman service

IT IS JUST NOW 8:30 PM AND I HAVE NOT GOT A SHOWER YET AND SHE GIVES ME A B. I WORK ON HOUSES FROM 30,000 TO 1,000,000 PLUS. AND I GET A B FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP THIS WOMAN. I THINK IT SHOULD AT LEAST BE A B PLUS.

04/25/2007

GEORGE R.

"A." The work was of good quality and keeping with the terms of the contract.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 large beams over our front porch, and replaced a section of wood in the leader track that was rotted. Caulked and painted the home.

Category contractors, remodeling

11/21/2006

RICHARD W.

Tony did a good job in a reasonable amount of time and didnt make a mess. Clean up time was fast and thorough.

Description of Work
Tony Blankenship (The Carpenter) put siding on our house.

10/06/2006

Watched not to trample my shrubbery. Cleaned up after himself each day. Courteous. Would show me his work each day - ask if I was satisfied. Wonderful Job!

Description of Work
Siding on house so neatly done -- looks so smooth.

08/25/2006

RHONDA N.

James Blankenship showed up on time every day worked late. He and his help was very professional. My husband and I was very impressed with his work, we feel that for the work and reliability James was very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
James Blankenship put a new roof & siding on house & garage. Put a bigger front room window in and remodled my kitchen. He also put a new front door & hardwood floors in my living room.

Category flooring contractor, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

07/29/2006

CURT B.

Tony was very friendly and professional, and does excellent work at a great price. His employees were also very professional and competant. I will certainly hire Tony for more work in the future.

Description of Work
Tony removed two balcony decks, replaced rotted bandboards, rebuilt the decks, installed flashing as appropriate, and built new railing for the decks. He also performed a variety of other repairs to the exterior of my home.

Category contractors, decks

07/20/2006

JOHN B.

Jim did not show up for the appointment. At 7:00 p.m. a call was placed to him. There was no answer. A message was left on his answering machine telling him that he had missed the appointment and telling him to just forget it.

Description of Work
On July 18, 2006 an appointment was made with Jim to meet two days later. They appointment was for July 20th, at 6:00 p.m. at the house for the purpose of getting his estimate on putting siding on the house and garage.

Category siding

I CAN APPRECIATE HIS ATTITUDE ON THIS MATTER AND I WOULD HAVE THE SAME. I HAD JUST WORKED HARD THAT DAY AND I WAS TIRED AND FORGOT ABOUT IT. I HAVE A SMALL COMPANY AND I DO ALL THE SALES AND A LARGE PART OF INSTULATION. SO IF HE CAN FORGIVE ME FOR THIS, THAN I WILL TRY TO MAKE A BETTER EXAMPLE OF MYSELF IN THE FURURE. T.H.E. CARPENTER. P.S. I DON'T DO CARPET.

05/30/2006

CHRISTINE G.

I was thoroughly impressed with Tony's work. There are many touches that are difficult to explain. He pays very close attention to details such as fit and finish (no large gaps between boards, straight cuts) and style (suggesting slight changes to my proposed design to make it look better, angles cut into top of posts, etc.) He showed up each morning right around 8 am (agreed time) and worked fairly long days. He thoroughly explained several steps when we had to deviate from the original plans due to the construction of my house. I would highly recommend him to anyone for work. I also have several ideas for future work that I have discussed with him and will definitely hire him again. After the construction was complete, he offered me a very nice surprise. He is also constructing at the Ohio State School of Cosmetology and has an agreement with them to offer a free spa treatment to all of his Angie's List customers!

Description of Work
Covered porch added to back door area of house

07/14/2005

LORIA M.

TONY WAS ON TIME & WORKED FULL DAYS. HE EXPLAINED ALL OF THE STEPS & TOOK ON EXTRA WORK AS THE JOB PROGRESSED. HE LEFT THE YARD CLEAN AFTER EACH DAY & REPORTED WHEN HE WOULD RETURN. TONY GAVE ADVICE ON CARING FOR THE SIDING & WHAT TO EXPECT AS IT AGED & WAS CLEANED. HE SHOWED RESPECT FOR MY HOME & RESPECTED ALL OF MY QUESTIONS & CONCERNS. VERY REASONABLY PRICED.

Description of Work
THE EXTERIOR JOB REQUIRED THE TEAR-OFF OF THE OLD SIDING & REPLACING IT WITH VINYL SIDING. ALSO TRIMMED THE HOME & REPLACED FACIA, GUTTERS, SHUTTERS, LIGHT FIXTURES, & CAULKING. FURTHER REPLACED EXTERIOR DOOR & THRESHOLD.

06/20/2005

SUE M.

HE SHOWED UP ON TIME, WHEN HE SAID HE WOULD, AND DIDN'T DISAPPEAR FOR DAYS. HE WORKED FAST AND CLEANED UP AFTER HIMSELF. I HAD AN EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE, AND AM IN CONTRACT FOR ANOTHER BUILDING CURRENTLY.

Description of Work
THE CARPENTER DESIGNED AND CONSTRUCTED A CEDAR GAZEBO NEAR MY POND. (HE INSISTED THAT HE INSTALL A FOUNTAIN IN THE POND CENTERED IN THE GAZEBO OPENING, WHICH LOOKS AND SOUNDS WONDERFUL). THE CONSTRUCTION INCLUDED LIGHTING AND A PAVER FLOOR. IT IS COPPER TRIMMED WITH A TIERED ROOF, WHICH IS OPEN IN THE CENTER. IT HAS 2 BENCHES, ONE ON EITHER SIDE, TO WHICH I PLAN ON ADDING CUSHIONS. THE SHAPE IS RECTANGULAR. BECAUSE I LIVE IN THE COUNTRY. WIND IS A PROBLEM AND I WAS VERY CONCERNED ABOUT IT. THEREFORE, THE GAZEBO HAS A ''FOOTER'', WHICH IS MORE TYPICALLY FOUND ON A HOME. THE CARPENTER GENERALLY WORKS ALONE, WITH A HELPER, SO I WAS CONFIDENT THAT THE WORK WAS DONE PERSONALLY, AND NOT ''SUBBED'' OUT. HE IS LICENSED AS A GENERAL CONTRACTOR IN COLUMBUS.

LONG'S FLOORS

FAMILY OPERATED. USES SOME SUBS FOR HVAC, PLUMBING, & ELECTRICAL. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. STARTED COMPANY IN 1973 SOLE PROPRIETOR STEVE LONG

Palmers painting and handyman services

At Palmers painting we strive to give excellent customer service while creating a mutually beneficial relationship with our clients. Work is done safely and efficiently to meet the quality standards of you. The home owner. We provide everything from painting, staining decks and fences, drywall repair, basic plumbing and electric. We are a family company who works for you!

Rosati Windows

When you're ready to buy replacement windows and price, quality and service all matter, call Rosati Windows. Our custom windows are manufactured in Columbus, Ohio by a skilled workforce using the most modern equipment available. Our technical and engineering expertise has enabled us to produce windows that are backed by the strongest warranty in the industry. And our customer service is second to none. Consumer Choice Award Winner. Additional e-mail: info@rosatiwindows.com.

NEW HOME CONSTRUCTION, DECKS, GAZEBOS, PATIOS, REPLACEMENT WINDOWS, SIDING, SUNROOMS, ROOM ADDITIONS, BATH & KITCHEN REMODELING, FENCING, CERAMIC TILE, WOOD FLOORS, ROOFING, GARAGES, FIRE & INSURANCE

CARPETING, PAINTING, PAVING & STUCCO.