Superior Home Maintenance

Founded 1920 • With Angi since November 1995

Superior Home Maintenance Co is a fully licensed, bonded and insured business and has been in operation for over ninety years in central Ohio and the Columbus area. Our company takes great pride in the quality and care of the work that we provide to our customers. Our technicians are experienced in every area of home maintenance that a homeowner may need. Job minimum is $250....

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

handyman (102)roofing (62)gutter repair (42)skylight installation (13)woodworking (11)house painting (9)door installation (8)siding companies (8)gutter cleaning (7)cabinet refacing (6)chimney repair (6)window replacement (6)

09/27/2021

Kathy K.

excellent. ceiling drywall was falling in garage which was not installed properly, went in thru attic to tack it to a brace he installed and re-taped and finished. installed peephole in steel door and deadbolts. bathroom fan not installed properly, replace fan and vented thru roof

Description of Work
drywall repair, lock installation, replace bathroom fan

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

08/26/2020

DELLA P.

James, Doug and the rest of the crew did an excellent job over a 2 day period.

Description of Work
Gutter replaced and damaged wood removed and replaced near chimney

Category gutter repair, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate it very much! Please do not hesitate to call us if you need anything in the future! Thank you, Superior Home Maintenance

06/24/2020

M A.

Perfectly installed for a good price

Description of Work
Gutters and leaf guards

Category gutter repair, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

05/26/2020

Gordon B.

Two gentlemen arrived to do some minor gutter repairs and to give a full home gutter cleaning estimate. They were running a bit late but phoned us to let us know. When they arrived they were very polite and quickly addressed our repairs. We received the estimate the following day. We intend to hire them for future gutter issues and possibly other small projects in the future.

Description of Work
Two gutters needed repair and one needed to be cleaned

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

04/23/2020

Carmen P.

Mark was attentive, punctual, and efficient. He provided me options and was able to have the hole fixed within the hour. I was so relieved.

Description of Work
A tree branch impaled my roof. I need the hole repaired before

Category roofing, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 04/23/2020

04/15/2020

walter Y.

gave me no pricing and I think if it is not a big money job they will blow you off.

Description of Work
painting,chimmey capand siding power washed

Category chimney caps, woodworking, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

03/08/2020

Anthony A.

Great personal customer service! Pride in a job well done.

Description of Work
Calking high large windows

Work Completed On 03/08/2020

12/11/2019

Robert G.

Gentleman named Charlie checked on the flue cap operation and determined it was working correctly and did not charge me.

Description of Work
Check on furnace flue cap operation

Category handyman service, chimney caps

Work Completed On 12/03/2019

07/27/2019

timothy P.

They refused to respond to my email and schedule a time for them to come out.

Description of Work
I needed work done inside my home for bifold doors.

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

I do apologize I do not have any record of your email to us if was sent through Angie's List sometimes those do not get to us it is always better to use our direct email superiorhm21@gmail.com. Thanks Summer

05/13/2019

Roma M.

I got a call stating he was here I rec'd no quote, no call back no communication at all.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

I am sorry we have no record of you calling in or having an appointment with us in May I researched all records. Thanks Summer

02/02/2019

Christina G.

This company was very responsive to my inquiries and scheduled me quickly. I thought the service provided was excellent, however, it was expensive for the work I had completed.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous home maintenance

Work Completed On 02/01/2019

11/16/2018

Margaret D.

Frank, the handyman, came on time the first day on time, with his daughter to interpret. They were supposed to call before they came, but I didn’t get a call. Frank and Pola were very nice and polite. I had to get a different light for the bathroom, so they were supposed to come back the next day to finish that. They got involved in a busy project but I never got a call from them or their boss, Joe Carifa to say they’d be late. I called Mr. Carifa to tell him just to cancel the work. He did not give them the message, and they showed up after the weekend to install the light. I wasn’t dressed and didn’t expect them. Since they were here, I just let Frank finish the job. Joe Carifa displays poor customer on the phone and his emails. He has poor communication with his workers and his customers. He’s was rude on the phone and seemed too rushed to talk to me. For 2.75 hours, I was charged $275! Mr. Carifa charges $100 an hour. I would guess that Frank makes about $15-20 an hour! Also, I had several projects to be done, and I expected Joe Carifa to come and check out the jobs I wanted done and then give me an estimate. I probably wouldn’t have hired his company if I’d known how much he charged! What a rip off! I would never do business with him again!

Description of Work
Kitchen sink fixtures installed (I bought the fixtures) and bathroom light installed where a previous one was...no complicated electrical work needed, I needed some long fluorescent light bulbs changed. I’m 72 and can’t climb ladders.

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

You must have the wrong Company none of those people work for us and the owner of this company is Tracy Cohen I have no idea who Mr Carifa is or Joe or Pola or Frank???? My guys names are Mike, Tony, Albert, Charlie and Josh. Then there is myself (Summer) and Mandie and we work in the office I am sorry but this is positively not our company!

10/18/2018

t tee L.

Never responded total waste of time

Description of Work
Remodeling

Work Completed On 10/18/2018

10/13/2018

Stephanie S.

Fabulous! Timely & professional!

Description of Work
Repair garage shelves which were falling down..

Work Completed On 10/11/2018

09/16/2018

Susan F.

They never called me back although I left several messages

Description of Work
Fix several doors, replace bathrooms fan, some painting if possibly

Work Completed On 09/16/2018

08/29/2018

Chloe E.

Albert was very pleasant, skilled, knowledgeable and did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
Re-trimmed my outdoor patio door and put in concrete sealant to keep the water out.

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

06/26/2018

Kristi S.

This company no-showed our appointment. When you try to call the listed phone number, it rings for 30 seconds then disconnects, there is no voicemail option. So I wasn’t even able to call to inquire about the no-show. I emailed to inquire and have not heard anything back. Complete failure.

Description of Work
Bathroom sink repair

Work Completed On 06/26/2018

04/18/2018

M R.

When we placed the request for estimate, the response was prompt and the proposed job and materials were explained clearly. The work was scheduled immediately and only delayed one day because of weather, then carried out as promised. The workers left the site properly cleaned and removed all debris.

Description of Work
Replace rotten fascia beam, cover with new siding, replace gutter and leaf screen. Install new siding strip above bay window of sunroom.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, siding

Work Completed On 04/04/2018

04/14/2018

Ben F.

Called and made appointment by phone. Initially, they seemed enthusiastic and rather accommodating. Scheduled visit for between 8 and 9 on a Monday morning - had to cancel a doctor’s appointment, but figured it was worth it to get the situation assessed. No one ever showed for the appointment. I received a voicemail a couple of hours after the scheduled appointment, I assumed to apologize and reschedule. When I called back the next day, was told the person from whom I received the voicemail was out of the office for a few minutes, but would call me back ASAP, likely in a half hour or so. We never received any call. Pretty irritating.

Description of Work
Sliding deck door began leaking during a storm. Called Superior to have someone assess what needed to be done (repair, replacement).

Category water damage restoration, doors

Work Completed On 02/18/2019

04/02/2018

Kimberly W.

The project went smoothly and was finished within the stated timeline.

Description of Work
Re-roofing over a kitchen add on.

Category handyman service, roofing

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

03/02/2018

Janet H.

Very prompt response and provided free estimate quickly. Completed the work promptly. Estimate covered just what was needed without unnecessary additional work included.

Description of Work
Gutter repair

Category gutter repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 03/02/2018

09/07/2017

Katherine K.

Everything was completed as expected.

Description of Work
Rubber roof repair

Category handyman service, roofing