Sears Heating & Cooling

Founded 1950 • With Angi since July 1997

3981 Cleveland Ave.

Columbus, OH 43224

Sears Heating and Cooling has been local owned and operated since 1950. For over 70 years, we have been servicing Columbus and the surrounding areas, supplying the highest quality in Heating and Cooling repairs and installations. We were founded on the principle of excellence, and to this very day,

06/15/2021

Diane F.

They have been excellent, reliable, and are very polite and knowledgeable. They are very responsive and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They service my HVAC system annually and I have used them for years.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for the review!

09/03/2019

Chris W.

Went well. Everything up and running in under an hour. Price seems steep, but having air back on was great!

Description of Work
Condenser fan motor replaced

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review!

04/16/2019

Benjamin P.

Did Complete maintenance check on furnace.,changed filter. All O.K. Asked about thermostat, present one not working well. Service man quoted pro 5000 Basic Comfort Control Thermostat.and said price would be 286.00. It was installed.I felt the price seemed high so I checked the internet and found the same exact model for $85. and checked Home Depot and Lows and found similar prices.I contacted Sear Heating & Cooling and informed them of my finding and requested an ajustment for overpricing. Office manager asked me what was fare. I said $100.00 and she agreed. I received a $100.00 credit to my Visa on 10/18/18.

Description of Work
Maintenance on Furnace 10/15/18

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed]. I apologize that you feel our pricing is unfair. It is true you can find anything cheaper online. Just like you can go to Kroger and pay $15 for a steak you would pay over $50 cooked for you at a steakhouse. Our breakdown of pricing is generally 25% parts, 25% labor, 35% overhead and only 10-15% profit. I think a small 10-15% profit is fair for the professional service we provide. If we only charged $100 to [Member Information Removed] a fully stocked truck to your home and have a professionally trained technician install it for you, we could not afford to pay the technician fairly for his professional knowledge, provide his healthcare for him and his family, pay for the truck he drives in, or pay the people who help take care of you when you call in to schedule. In fact, quite quickly, we would go out of business and leave over 16,000 of our loyal customers that we service in Columbus looking for someone else to help them. I encourage you to call around and ask about pricing with other hvac companies. You will find that we are very competitive with our pricing. We generously refunded you over $450 for previous services as a peace offering and decided it was best that you look for someone else to handle your hvac needs as we could not make you happy. Thank you for your review and best of luck with your future hvac needs.

02/13/2019

PATRICIA N.

Joel the tech show up for me he was here at 8 o’clock the next morning I had heat by 8:15 am that’s customers service I was please that he knew I was in the cold he show up!!!

Description of Work
My furnace went out Tuesday 2/12 about 4 pm. The tech Joel tried to get part but the place was close and the emergency number nobody answered the phone. I had no heat and the temperature was going to be 27 I did have space heaters

08/09/2018

Rebecca W.

The person who came out does seem to know what he was doing. He refused the service that I requested and they overcharged for additional services. They gave faulty information.

Description of Work
They did a service on heating and air system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I apologize you were not satisfied with the service you received. From the notes in our system, it looks like our technician found a small leak in the evaporator coil which was why your unit was low on refrigerant. Refrigerant does not disappear unless there is a leak somewhere in the system. He presented you some repair options but you decided you were going to call the manufacturer yourself to try and work it out with them.

07/31/2018

Karen C.

They did a great job. They were on time and explained everything.

Description of Work
They installed an energy efficient furnace.

05/17/2018

JOAN T.

We pay for a bi-annual heating and cooling service. They provide an excellent service. I do recommend them and will continue to use them.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C Maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for the good review!

03/01/2018

leonora F.

Josh Stevens, the Sears technician, called ahead, was on time and was very professional. He took the time to explain everything he was doing. With each step he demonstrated how I can perform these tasks myself. I appreciate his attention to detail and patience teaching me how to maintain the furnace after he is gone.

Description of Work
furnace maintenance under s/c

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for the good review!

11/01/2017

Helen W.

Very organized and quick. Bid was lower that 2 others.

Description of Work
replace HVAC

09/19/2017

William S.

I'd give them "A's" all around. First impression was good.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance. Service contract for service twice a year.

09/03/2017

Lori S.

The best - quality company - quality employee Jared!!

Description of Work
We sign up for the yearly program which includes air conditioner and furnace cleaning

08/24/2017

Ann S.

They have always been very good. We have a service agreement with them. We always seem to be getting the best quality.

Description of Work
They did the spring maintenance check up.

08/20/2017

Sandra H.

These guys are great! Besides being very professional and competent, they are just all-round nice people. Had no hesitation when we had to leave our home for an emergency vet visit while they continued working. They also left the work areas cleaned up, something not always done by some businesses.

Description of Work
Had to replace old air conditioner and furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for the good review!

08/16/2017

Brian B.

Have been using Sears Heating and Cooling for years, and will continue. Jared was great!

Description of Work
Regular system maintenance as part of service contract.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the great review!

08/15/2017

Lawrence A H.

N0T GOOD!!! The technician confirmed that the unit was low on coolant. He then ask me to come inside the house where he told me the unit was in danger of blowing up because of a leak sealant that the previous technician put in the unit when it was charged in August, 2015. He said I had to purchase a complete new unit, compressor and A coil. I suspected this guy was trying to take advantage of a senior citizen with this unbelievable story. I said , "why don't we just re-charge this unit and see how it performs". He re-charged the unit, billed me $304.00, and the unit has been running fine all summer. Who knows, it may need to be re-charged next year or the year after. I will deal with it if it happens, however, it won't be with Sears Heating and Cooling.

Description of Work
My air conditioner was low on coolant.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize we did not meet your expectations. Based on what the technician offered you, it looks like he advised not putting that money into an old unit that is using Freon which is being phased out by the government and replaced with puron. The cost of freon continues to rise as the supplies continue to dwindle. Again, we thank you for your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience.

Fran H.

I use Sears and have for 15 years and have always had a great experience. I would recommend them to friends and family.

Description of Work
Did a yearly cleaning and tune up

Cheryl A.

I like them. They always come out and check the air and I have them check the furnace. I used one of their specials. I have used them for several years. They are the ones that put in the current heating and cooling system. I think they do really excellent work. They have always at any time, I have questions, they have been good about answering them and showing my how to do stuff like change filters.

Description of Work
They check my systems.

Robin B.

On the price. I have them do it because they were least expensive estimate that I got to installing the furnace. I had boil heat before, and they switched me over. They were very reasonable, very friendly and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
I had them out to do a check up.

Cheryl A.

These guys are good. I hope they never go out of business. They have been out here about 5 or 6 times. I have never had a problem with them being on time. They are just a good company. They are very respectful of your house and put on the booties so that they don't track stuff in and out. They are good guys.

Description of Work
They installed my A/C.

07/20/2017

Jennifer O.

After having Sears Heating & Cooling out for a repair a few weeks ago, I decided to call them again to price a new AC unit. The scheduler said Jamie would be there at 12:00 and would call me 15 mins before his arrival so that I could leave work. Jamie called me at 12:14 and asked where I was. Then he noticed the note that said he was to call me first and admitted that he had not seen it. I told him I would leave right now and it would take me 10 mins to get there. Unfortunately, with lunch time traffic it took a while for me to get through the traffic light leaving my work. Jamie called me again at 12:33 and told me it had been 20 mins, where was I? I was then just literally 3 streets away and told him that. When I arrived I said I was sorry but he was 15 mins late himself and did not call me beforehand. He again said that my 10 mins turned to 20. I could tell by his attitude and the way he was speaking to me that I really didn't feel I wanted to do business with him. I said I think we will just call this off. He said good idea, let's do that. I told him I would call his company to let them know. He said he's the owner. I said that he's not doing a very good job representing his company. I said there are plenty of other places I can call. He said you are right, there are many other places to call. I don't think anything like this has ever happened to me. I can only be as punctual as they are. He was late and he didn't call. What else was I to do?

Description of Work
Estimate for new AC unit and heat pump.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Ma'am, answering your question 'What else were I to do?' The next time you tell someone you'll be there in 10 minutes, but get stuck in 'lunchtime traffic' and wont arrive for almost 30 minutes, please have the courtesy and call them and let them know you are running late.

07/17/2017

christina M.

They came out cleaned it and checked it. He was trying to sell me stuff I didn't need. I have an older unit and don't think it was worth it. I think it was two hours for the service call. It went until almost 6pm, I had plans. It was annoying. He was professional but overly going over things.

Description of Work
I had chipmunks in my unit.

Reem A.

We have a contract with them for all of my appliances.

Description of Work
They fixed my stove and oven. It was in the electronic ignition.

Category appliance repair

Ronald B.

We have an contract with them. The annual contract is like $190, along that line. That is the furnace check out, and the air conditioner check out. Of course they put you on an priority list. I haven't used anybody else in a really long time.

Description of Work
Servicing on the air conditioner.

Thanks the A rating!

Reem A.

I have Sears for insurance and they come and do it every year, all my appliances. I pay yearly for all of my appliances.

Description of Work
Furnace service - yearly service

07/06/2017

YOLANDA H.

The cost was part of my contract with them. The technician told me that my voltage absorber, which you know was something I didn't know about, was a little low or whatever and that I should think about changing it. So I called you know like last week or something to find out how much it would cost. Well they have 4 options; and it starts at $600, $500, $300 and then $200. And I go wow that's almost half the cost of a new furnace. Anyways, so then I looked online about those voltage absorbers and this one comment was you know that's not really necessary you know it's a scam or whatever; they're trying to make money. So I'd have to do more research on that. I tried to call another heating company but they wouldn't divulge anything so I don't know where I would get that information whether that is pertinent or whether I should change it or not change it. I don't know who to contact to ask about that. So like I said I called another place but they said oh we'd have to come out and look at it and that's $89 and I said well never mind; you can't tell me over the phone. I'm just wondering whether I really need it or not. A lot of people I talk to say what is that? So I’m not doing it. If the furnace stops because of that then I'll consider getting a new one. I'm not going to spend $600. I like them. I've been using them since about 2004 or 2005 or whatever, so I've always used them. Their price is probably the same as everybody else. I mean I'm sure they all cost about the same. The quality is good. Yeah I would use them again without the voltage absorber.

Description of Work
It was the air conditioning check-up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the A rating!

Mr. Appliance of Clintonville & Grandview Heights

If the valuable appliances at your home and business are not performing correctly, contact the pros from Mr. Appliance®. We are here to provide you with skilled, affordable services that occur on your schedule. We are here when you need us! Every one of our technicians is courteous and will show up in uniform. We also will provide you with an upfront pricing before any work begins so there are no surprises on your final bill. If you would like to learn more about the services we offer, give us a call!

Water Heaters Now, Inc.

Water Heaters Now! WHN WE SPECIALIZE IN REPLACING WATER HEATERS THE SAME DAY WHILE REPAIRING WHENEVER POSSIBLE. WHN offers Rheem water heater tanks but deals in all major brands of tank style water heaters. We are also a Rinnai TANKLESS dealer. WHN is locally owned and operated. WHN has been in the water heater repair and replacement business for over 15 years. We offer free estimates usually within 15 minutes. If you order by 2 PM, your water heater will be replaced the same day. Call, text, or email for a free quote within 15 minutes.

J & J Construction and Redesign

We are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of general contractor home improvement services that are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in remodels, but also offer a wide range of expertise for a variety of other projects. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction. Pleas call us anytime day or night we can help you with any problem that may happen. We can be reached at call or text any time JEREMY 614-795-1850 JASON 614-816-3710. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you!

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
    24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    Ohio
    Department of Commerce
    04/24/2022
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Air conditioning and heating sales, repair & installation.

Oil furnaces, Boiler furnaces, Geothermal, Mobile Homes, Air Duct Cleaning.