Rockwood Dry Cleaners

Founded 1949 • With Angi since February 2011

171 Granville St

Columbus, OH 43230

Rockwood Dry Cleaners offers free pick up and delivery all throughout Columbus and all the major suburbs. Call 614-353-2700 to sign up or visit us at www.rockwoodcleaners.com. ...

08/27/2018

becky M.

I was very pleased. The company picks up and returns the dry cleaning at no extra charge.

Description of Work
Dry cleaning of hand-crocheted bedspread.

11/08/2017

Roderick C.

Very well!

Description of Work
Dry cleaning quality woman's silk shawl and jacket

03/13/2017

Lydia B.

Sometimes it truly is better to use someone locally versus a chain. I contacted a number of drycleaners as this is an expensive process and I only do this about every five years. The dry cleaner I have used in the past has increase their price by 2 1/2 times and even the staff said it's too expensive. So I called three more drycleaners including Rockwood dry cleaners in Gahanna. I talked to Stacey he was extremely helpful with pricing. I took my items in and they promised to have them back and eight days which was just fine with me. A plus is the fact that they will deliver and these draperies were quite heavy. I got them back today with a small glitch that the great customer service at Rockwood solved for me. All in all I was extremely pleased with this company. They were even send you a welcome email if they know you're a new customer a nice touch!

Description of Work
I need to have draperies and valances dry cleaned. Six very large pieces in total.

02/03/2016

Jeannette N.

02/03/2016

Jeannette N.

11/03/2015

Keith C.

06/25/2015

Charlotte B.

I started using them in February. I took my daughter's things and then I took my husband's pants to be pressed. I do appreciate their friendly attitude. I was pleased with everything that they did. They gave me a time frame and asked me whether I needed it before then, I said yes and they got it for me sooner than they normally would have done with no extra charge. When you're stuff is ready, they send you an email to let you know. I'm really happy with their services. To me their pricing was very fair. I really think they are a good company. I will recommend them as well.

Description of Work
I took a winter coat and a couple of jackets to be dry cleaned.

05/21/2015

Ed M.

03/25/2015

Charlotte B.

I was really scared because I had a bad experience in the past with a dry cleaner. Rockwood Dry Cleaning was fabulus. I needed it done right away and they emailed me before it was promised that it was done. Everyone was very pleasant. Did a beautiful job on my husbands suit. Price was very reasonable. Would recommend highly and will use them agian.

Description of Work
Had husband suit pressed.

03/19/2015

Jim H.

Description of Work
Cleaned my clothes. They always do a very nice job!

04/23/2014

Caroline G.

No issues, our clothing is handled with excellent care.

Description of Work
We've been using Rockwood for our dry cleaning for several years. They always do a wonderful job. Very professional, no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

04/07/2014

TRACIE D.

I dropped off my huge comforter and was asked if a week was okay. I was in no hurry, so that was perfectly fine. I paid and left with my receipt for the following week. When I picked it up, they pulled the order from their computer and quickly retrieved my comforter. It was folded up and placed into a plastic carry bag for easy handling. I found that very helpful. Of course, I removed it once at home and let it air out (I wish there was an eco-friendly way to dry-clean, versus the almost eco ways that are currently available). I didn't mention that they have a drive-thru because I have never used it. Maybe next time I'll remember to try it out.

Description of Work
Dry-cleaned a king-sized comforter.

08/19/2013

Donald A.

I set an appointment to meet with a Rockwood Dry Cleaners' manager to discuss cleaning and hemming my dining room draperies. I removed the heavy high- end custom draperies and had them in hand to show the Rockwood manager. We examined them together and he warned against dry cleaning the expensive draperies. I understood his concern about possibly damaging the draperies in the dry cleaning process. I asked about steam cleaning instead. Hemming them was fine, not an issue. He asked me how much to hem. I said to cut off 1/2 to one whole existing hem length. The draperies puddled on the floor so a precise measurement was not required. The manager asked when I need them, I replied no rush, just call me when the draperies are done. I received three calls the following two weeks saying they would not steam clean the draperies, that I would need to have them dry cleaned if I want the seamstress to hem them. Why would I risk this when their manager already warned me not to do this. Ok, but the draperies still need to be hemmed. Then the employee told me their seamstress has allergies and refused to hem the draperies unless I now agree to dry clean them. This is not a solution. All this telephone call told me is that Rockwood Dry Cleaners does not care about my draperies or about my needs. No help was given or any viable suggestions were offered to me, just for me to come and pick up my draperies. Apparently Rockwood dry cleaners is only interested in easy work, not problematic jobs. They would not think outside the box to offer a way to just hem my draperies. They hung me out to dry, not my draperies.

Description of Work
Nothing! Rockwood Dry Cleaners took my order to steam clean and hem my custom high-end draperies after a manager and I examined the draperies together. The following week an employee called to tell me to pick up my draperies, Rockwood Dry Cleaners would not do the work. Their seamstress has allergies.

Category dry cleaning, alterations

06/10/2013

DAVID S.

The jacket came back in good shape and looked exactly as Rockwood described.

Description of Work
Sent leather jacket to third party to clean and recondition.

02/11/2012

holly D.

I would recommend them to anyone. They are wonderful. I've been using them on and off for several years. They have changed hands. They are great. I will absolutely continue to use them.

Description of Work
I used Rockwood Dry Cleaners to do some alterations. I was last there to have pants hemmed and a couple of things cleaned.

Category dry cleaning, alterations

02/15/2011

TRACIE D.

This company used to be called Harward Cleaners, and it's still listed in Angie's List. Anyway, they're located right in Gahanna, and they even have a drive thru, which I didn't use, but looks convenient. There was no wait and the lady who checked my coat was very nice. She asked when I needed it, and I told her a couple of days, and it was ready when they said it would be done. I paid upfront and that was that.

Description of Work
They dry cleaned my wool coat.

Dry Cleaning
    Alterations/Sewing/Decorating

Free pick-up & delivery, alterations & custom tailoring, best laundered shirts, comforters, blankets & pillows, leather & suedes, shoe repair & shine. Garment and textile restoration.