Rardain's Electrical Service

Founded 2002 • With Angi since November 2009

698 Whirlway Ct

Columbus, OH 43230

Rardain’s Electrical Service is dedicated to providing top-notch electrical services. Whether you have an electrical project or problem, Rardain’s Electrical Service can help. Our priority is to provide you with the highest quality, up to code electric, on time and on budget....

10/28/2020

Marc S.

Great on time - friendly- excellent workmanship

Description of Work
replace ceiling lights in Kitchen and dining room, add new circuit,

Category appliance repair,electrician,lighting

10/28/2020

Marc S.

great work easy to deal with very professional

Description of Work
install ceiling fixtures

Category appliance repair

10/27/2020

Kyle M.

The installation went great. It took less than 24 hours from service request to completion, the light fixture looks great. Very nice guy, will use Rardain's in the future.

Description of Work
Light Installation

Category lighting

06/24/2020

Kate M.

ceiling fan install and electrical outlet update

Description of Work
Jeff was prompt in replying to my quote inquiry. He asked a few questions over Angie’s List messaging app and gave me a fair quote right away. About a week later he arrived in time to do the work. He was courteous and professional, especially considering my kids were home and my wife and I were both working from home due to COVID. The fan and outlet install went quickly and I was able to pay by card on the spot. Not only that, when a week later I had what I thought was a related issue, he came back to the house to help me figure it out. Turns out it was my error and he didn’t even charge me for the visit. We’ll definitely be calling Jeff for electrical work again. A+

06/22/2020

Mark S.

I received an message via the Angie's List site. They asked me some questions to which I responded. They gave me great information on who to contact at AEP and the right information to inquire about. Several hours later my full service was restored. Rardains offered to check back with me after 3pm, but my service was already restored. I appreciate the level of interest in my problem and the professionalism in communicating. Mark L. Shy Grove City, Ohio

Description of Work
I reached out to multiple contractors and Rardains were the only ones who responded. I lost most of the power to my home and I needed it restored.

Category appliance repair

04/04/2020

Emilia S.

Kind, patient, and helpful service as we worked together to determine what had caused a sump pump failure. Would absolutely hire again!

Description of Work
Replacement of 2 bad outlets

04/02/2020

CHRIS & RICK R.

Wonderful. Jeff is always prompt, pleasant and professional! Reasonably priced as well. Can’t recommend enough!

Description of Work
Install outdoor lights, install several ceiling fans, install bathroom light bat

12/03/2019

Angie G.

I typically do not write reviews - good or bad. But today I am compelled to spread the word on my interaction with Rardain’s Electrical Service. It all started just after midnight, chirp from my ceiling while I slept. I of course could not sleep, neither could my kids. I tried all of the tricks to encourage the sound to stop for a good nights rest —- but nothing I did fixed the issue —> replace battery = No. Trip to WMT at 1 am = No (not the right fire alarm replacement in stock). So we lay there for hours... chirping, chirping, chirping and no rest. At 6 am I was first in the store doors at the local Home Improvement center. I got a lot of advice and bought 2 new fire alarms determined to replace the issue —> but nope ... still a chirp. Another call to the Home Improvement store —- 8 batteries later (to replace in every unit in the home). I realized I was over my head. I desperately called every electrician on Angie’s List (in order). ALL yes ALL were busy until Thursday, except a few that didn’t answer that I left voicemails for. There was no way that I was going to sleep yet another night like the night before, so I started to look for places to spend the night — friends, hotels ... whatever. I was just exhausted. Then I got a call back. Yep from RES. No more than 30 minutes later I had someone at my door — eager to help. I explained the drama... said, I have empty sockets, fire alarms disconnected from the wires with no battery and still a chirping sound. He looks at me and said he understood my dilemma. Looked at my socket on the wall and said, do you happen to have another one of those upstairs.... he was referring the supplemental carbon monoxide device that I had plugged into the wall. I about died.... I said, yes. Ran upstairs and got it. He plugged it in and .... CHIRP! All along it was the **** wall plug in my room. Lesson learned today 1) Seek the obvious 2) I now know how to change a hard wired fire alarm (that is saying something for me) 3) Keep Rardain’s number in my cell. Not calling any other electrician for my needs. And to top it all off, even though I know he made ‘room’ for me in the schedule, traveled all the way to the house. I was not charged a dime. But we had a good laugh and he went on his way. BEST IN CLASS!

Description of Work
Troubleshoot/Investigate Chirping Hardwire Fire Alarm

12/02/2019

Joseph P.

Fantastic service. He was right on time for both estimate and job performed. Very knowledgeable, answered all questions, pleasant personality and completed work in a timely manner. Would recommend him highly

Description of Work
Realigning garage door lighting

11/07/2019

Joe L.

I called to have Rardain come out to troubleshoot... instead he suggested I try rewiring it a specific way to avoid a certain kind of short-circuit problem, and it worked! He saved me from paying some other guy $250 to cut a whole in my wall and place a new outlet and transformer. I am going to use Rardain for all my electric work, cannot get more honest and helpful than that!

Description of Work
Troubleshooting Nest Hello Doorbell wiring (advanced issues)

07/19/2019

Burtyk F.

They were put in quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Replacement of ungrounded outlets with AFCI/GFCI receptacles.

07/19/2019

Burtyk F.

It was nice receiving a flat rate for the project. He replaced the outdoor wall lanterns on the front of our home. (See photo.)

Description of Work
Replaced outdoor wall lanterns.

01/07/2019

Robert K.

Perfect, easy to reach, on time, quick work, reasonable cost

Description of Work
Wiring and fixture repairs

12/01/2018

NORA F.

Jeff is a gift of a contractor! I was dealing with a very difficult relocation company that had to buy my home. They were asking for ridiculous "repairs", so that they could get an upgraded house that would be easier for them to re-sell. They claimed that my ITE Pushmatic panel was a fire hazard and needed to be replaced. I knew this was not true since this type of panel had no fire issues, I had it repaired when I bought the house, and the house was built in the 1950's - with no fires. I called around and asked other electricians if it really was a fire hazard. They said I needed to replace it and wanted to charge me a lot to do so - easier for them to make money then to tell me that it didn't need to be replaced. When I called Jeff, he immediately asked me why I wanted to replace it and I shared that I didn't want to but was being forced to do so. He advised that the ITE Pushmatic was not a fire hazard. He agreed to look at the panel and write a letter for the relocation company stating such if there were no issues with it. He inspected the panel and provided an honest evaluation of the panel which advised it was not a fire hazard, just obsolete - at no cost to me. I was able to give that to the relocation company and argue with them on replacing it. In the end, they made me replace it BUT they paid for it and I asked Jeff to do the work. His price was lower than everyone else's and he did the work well. Others wanted to charge me up to $1,600 for the work. His work passed inspection. He also provided a paid in full receipt quickly which was necessary for the sale of the home. He provided that letter knowing that if I won the battle with the relocation company he would not get the sale/work - but he did it anyway, without any charge. That shows what an honorable and honest person he is. I'm glad I was able to give him the work in the end and the relocation company paid for it. Finding honest contractors is not always easy. Jeff is a rare gem and I highly recommend him to anyone in need of a good electrician.

Description of Work
Replace ITE Pushmatic Electric Panel

08/02/2018

Crystal H.

I needed a diagnosis on why panel box in home kept randomly tripping. This company was professional, came out quick and fixed the problem at a reasonable price. They are an honest, no fuss, low stress, excellent customer service company that I will use for ALL my future electrical needs. Thank you Rardain Electric!

Description of Work
Circuit Breaker

07/03/2018

Mollie M.

Jeff was punctual and quick. I needed a large light removed from my garage so I could have a garage door opener installed. He removed it and added a basic light for me. I also asked him about adding a light to the back of my house or garage so I could see my dog at night when I let her out. He recommended I look into a solar LED motion light. He said it would be less expensive for me than having him do it. He was nice and professional and I will be using him again if I need electrical work.

Description of Work
Removed light

07/02/2018

Mike D.

I had a very good interaction with Jeff on some miscellaneous electrical work I wanted to have done. All in all, he made quick work of it and I'm very pleased with the quality of the work, particularly for the price. I wanted to have a new outlet put in my wall, as well as a new outlet put in the island in my kitchen. I also needed a timer switch hooked up that I provided. Jeff stopped by to do an in-person estimate about a day or two after I first called. It took him only a short time to provide me (via email) a very detailed estimate. I booked the work with him and we set a date and time. Both times Jeff arrived early for his scheduled window and got right to it. He was just as happy to chat as he was to be left alone, but work quickly and efficiently. He finished all the jobs sooner than anticipated and did a nice job cleaning up after himself. Payment was on the spot and easy. It looks nice and is operational. It was pleasant to work with Jeff on this mini-project and I would not hesitate to reach out to him again if I was in need of any electrical services.

Description of Work
New outlets, timer switch installation

03/18/2018

Anne G.

Went very well. I just wish he would have supplied an invoice

Description of Work
Switch had a short and he fixed it

01/25/2018

Cynthia H.

Fine. He replaced the light fixture by the front door and 2 on the front of the garage. We previously purchased the fixtures.

Description of Work
3 outside light fixtures replaced.

12/26/2017

Chellie T.

He found problem right away and fixed both.

Description of Work
Dishwasher not working and electrical outlet had no power.

10/09/2017

JANET G.

Rardain returned my call in 15 minutes and then came right over to find the problem and fix it promptly. He was courteous and knowledgeable. It was fixed within 20 minutes. I was very pleased

Description of Work
I had a bad circuit breaker. I called several electricians on a Monday morning and had 1 company tell me they could fix it on Thursday.

09/20/2017

MISTY M.

Found Jeff to be prompt friendly and efficient.

Description of Work
Some wiring of my garage lights.

09/20/2017

MISTY M.

Really well. The electrician answered all my questiions patiently and adressed a couple of other problems while here. Hire this company if they're available.

Description of Work
The oulet connected to the refrigerator in my garage was not working.

09/06/2017

CHRIS & RICK R.

Great. Jeff was on time and thorough. I continue to be impressed with the rates as well. I will use him for all my electrical needs and recommend Rairdan's!

Description of Work
Lighting and ceiling fans installed

09/05/2017

CHRIS & RICK R.

Won't use. Appears that many businesses listed on Angie's list are very hard to reach.

Description of Work
Need to have your phones set up so people can at least leave messages. Very unprofessional. Tried today and couldn't not even leave a message on your business phone.

SURVIVOR ELECTRIC LLC

ALL TYPES OF RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL WORK.

Bradley Electric

Bradley Electric is a family owned and operated business. We have been serving central Ohio for over 30 years using only employees and never sub-contractors. We're professional and friendly from start to finish. Our electricians are experienced and knowledgeable and treat your home as if it were their own. At Bradley Electric, we take pride in our work and cleanliness of the job location after we leave. If your call is not answered, it will be promptly returned by the next business day. Be assured, we "WILL" call you back. Our services range from simple light switch replacements to wiring an entire house. We service residential and commercial clients. We offer 24/7 emergency service.

Waibel Electric

15 employees. No subs. Charges service call with hourly rate. Accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards. Additional contact - Jennie Duval, Carl Waibel Jr. or Carl Waibel III. Check out our website at http://www.waibelelectric.com

Electrical services including: residential wiring, trouble-shooting, new builds, old work, remodels, repairs, repair home inspection reports, service changes & light commercial services.