Phoenix Tree Care and Trees By Louise

Founded 1993 • With Angi since April 1997

2174 Britains Ln.

Columbus, OH 43224

We provide complete tree care (see services offered) and are a small company operating with approx. 6 to 8 employees depending on the season. Some of us are certified arborists and those that aren't, are experience professionals that we train, or are already trained to adhere to I.S.A. pruning, removal, safety and plant health care standards. We are located in Columbus Ohio and provide residential, municipal and commercial tree and shrub care....

11/15/2018

Donna A.

They do an excellent job. I have been using them since the 80s and they have been very reliable. I would highly recommend them and will continue to use them as well.

Description of Work
They have trimmed and pruned my trees. They also clean up the yard and dispose of any debris.

Category lawn service, tree service

08/24/2017

JANA B.

Trying to save a tree..is it worth the price? I think the price is a little expensive but he is very professional and he's very good.

Description of Work
What they are doing is trying to save our 2 ash trees from the Emerald borer. So they treat, I don't know how they do it, but they do it every other year. They've done it for years, well since the Emerald ash borer was such a problem. We have 2 huge ash trees and they have saved them.

07/15/2016

Carol B.

I called Phoenix Tree Care to request the removal of a diseased tree in my backyard. Brad Kitchen, the owner, came out and looked at the tree within a few days. He then sent me an estimate within 4 days. I have worked with this company before and have always found Brad considerate and helpful. He is a certified arborist, which I prefer in dealing with most of my tree issues. Brad called a day ahead to give me notice and make sure the day specified was okay with me. The first day was not, so he called again a week later. The three workers came out on April 1st. They cut the tree down in sections with branches small enough for the workers to get them through the back yard gate. They used a chain saw on the tree. I had requested that the tree be cut up for firewood. They cut the large branches into fireplace log lengths and neatly stacked them. They were efficient and polite. They completed the work and clean up in about 50 minutes. They did no damage to the house, fences, or surrounding shrubs or anywhere else. Cost was in line with the estimate.

Description of Work
Removal of a 30 foot tall diseased tree in my backyard.

05/04/2015

Carol D.

We have relied on them couple of times and they provide excellent care. They are very cooperative, willing to work with whatever you need. They have always been really good and very reliable, explains everything and they even done work for us when we have not been here. They just came and said what they were going to do and cleaned up really nicely. The cost was appropriate and I was not upset with that at all. I would surely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
We used Phoenix Tree Care and Trees By Louise couple of years ago. They took down four over tall pine trees in a narrow space between two houses and completely chopped them up removed them and put in appropriate trees.

Category hauling services, lawn service, tree service

03/10/2015

PAUL M.

They are extremely responsive, punctual and professional. I believe they are on the high side in terms of price, but given the quality, it makes sense.

Description of Work
Pruning trees

01/19/2015

MARVA T.

Trees are well maintained. The tall tree close to our house is kept thinned out to keep wind from damaging. They treat and fertilize our trees annually.

Description of Work
Pruned and thinned several trees, one of which is very tall.

12/13/2014

JEFF G.

The technician was knowledgeable and professional. We've used their services numerous times for a variety of tree issues. The staff is very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful.

Description of Work
Deep root fertilization of large oak tree. Assessment of tree health and recommendations.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service

11/18/2014

AMY S.

We rate them very highly. Their price was reasonable. The tree removal was successful. We had good results with them. They were very good. They are topnotch.

Description of Work
We used the services of Phoenix Tree Care & Trees By Louise. They did tree removal in the Spring.

11/04/2014

MONICA Z.

The representative was very professional, and pointed out specifically which branches would need trimmed, and the reasons behind it. He also pointed out that my very large Bradford Pear tree needed to be thinned in the middle to allow the air and light to flow through, to promote the health of the tree, and prevent problems in high winds. They gave me a separate estimate for adding two small trees in the front yard to remove dead wood while they had all of their equipment there, that was a very reasonable $75.00. Their punctuality was excellent in that they arrived when they said that they would, but the responsiveness was a little less than hoped for, in that I had to wait 6 to 8 weeks for the services to be performed. They were very up front about that, so I knew how long I had to wait. I was concerned about the possibility of damage to my neighbor's roof, since this past spring and summer were so rainy that the involved tree was growing even more quickly. When I called to express my concern, my call was promptly returned, and he was able to address my concerns. The high number of storms this season also gave them a high number of emergencies to which they had to respond more quickly. I knew my job was not an emergency. When they did do the job, on the day that they said that they would. I was not able to be home to observe, but when I did arrive home, the trees were beautifully trimmed, and all the trimmings removed from my yard. That honey locust had grown so much, that I had had to untwist my pole beans from a low hanging branch the night before so they could trim it! I have a problem with evaluating the price, since I do not know the usual prices, but they did offer me a payment plan where I could spread the payments over three months, which helped me immensely.

Description of Work
I had a honey locust tree that had grown so big on my small lot that it was shading my vegetable garden, and some of the branches were touching my neighbor's garage roof, and coming very near to their electric lines to that garage. I had this company come out to trim that tree, and during our assessment, we included three other trees that needed trimmed.

10/27/2014

RASHMI N.

These guys were great - responsive, punctual, and professional. The job was done well and efficiently. I hardly knew they were here.

Description of Work
Cut a large tree back from our house and trimmed all other trees on property

05/21/2014

Susan Z.

Very well. On time, responsive, and knowledgeable. Workers are certified arborists, not tree hackers. Informed advice given when asked. I've been using Phoenix tree care for years of service. There's a reason I continue to use them.

Description of Work
Vertical mulching on trees

03/16/2014

Laurel S.

Came on time and treated as promised. Have also done some pruning work in the past- well satisfied.

Description of Work
Emerald Ash Borer Treatment

02/24/2014

JACKIE F.

This is a great company, I have used them since Louise Radonovich owned the business (before it was sold to Brad Kitchen). They employ certified arborists and take great care of my trees. They have trimmed for me on a number of occasions and have treated my ash tree to try to prevent the Emerald Ash Borer. They are good about estimates, do a good job, and clean up after. I have a maple tree that started to look bad, they looked it over and said it wasn't disease, but the tree was at the end of it's natural lifespan. I hate to kill a tree so they have been trimming the dead parts out and helping me keep it as long as possible.

Description of Work
Trimmed 2 trees and assessed another one.

11/21/2013

DIANA S.

The owner, a certified arborist, responded quickly to my request for a bid with copies of their license and insurance, the bid and payment options. I very much liked their professionalism with the bidding process and am equally pleased with their work. They arrived the scheduled day, introduced themselves and went to work. And when they finished, there was nothing left; even down to twigs and leaves were swept and taken away. Fortunately for me, I was home they day they came so I watched from my window. These men are amazing in their teamwork, skill and fearlessness. Hopefully I wont need Phoenix Tree Care to remove any more trees, but I will call them to continue to maintain my remaining trees.

Description of Work
Took down storm damaged 80 year old oak tree and two large maples. Crown cleaned five other trees and removed all brush.

10/25/2013

Jennie A.

This is a great company! There wasn't much of a wait between my initial contact and them coming to my house to provide an estimate for the work I wanted done. Their price was more than fair. I didn't have to wait long from time of estimate received to the time of the work being done. I will absolutely use them again!

Description of Work
This company pruned & thinned out the tree in my front yard. They pulled out 4 bushes that I wanted to have removed. They also treated 10 box woods.

10/10/2013

JOHN AND SUZAN M.

Very well. The large maple that was removed was between our house and our neighbors and they took in down in pieces so nothing came close to the houses.

Description of Work
Removed large maple and a pretty big honeysuckle. This included stump-grinding. Pruned two other large trees.

06/07/2013

Pamela M.

They have taken care of my trees and shrubs for years. Every year they come by and recommend what I need in terms of pruning, feeding, and treating for borers and other tree maladies. I pick what I want, and they do the work. Despite all the storms we've had, my trees haven't fallen or dropped limbs. With one exception which is probably my fault because of watering problems, I haven't lost any trees. Right now they're pruning my lilacs to try to repair damage done by an (unrelated) landscaper, so that those don't have to be replaced. They even trim my boxwoods!

Description of Work
pruned trees and shrubs including lilacs

Category landscaping, tree service

05/22/2013

PETER & MARILYN V.

I'm actually using this last visit as a reminder of the great work Phoenix has done for me over the past several years. I have them come annually to check my trees and prune and fertilize as a way to keep them healthy and have less damage following some of the high wind storms in central ohio of late. I've had contact with 3-4 men and two women and all have been polite, professional, knowledgeable, and willing to answer questions and explain what they are doing and why in terms a lay person can understand. I find their rates reasonable and am a very satisfied customer.

Description of Work
fertilization for ash, redbud, and boxwoods.

11/27/2012

DEBORAH C.

A am always happy with their service- I am a long time client and have referred them to many others.

Description of Work
annual fall fertilization and bio pack for trees and landscaping.

11/07/2012

Kelly D.

They did a great job. I've also used other services of theirs and they've always done a great job assessing our tree needs, quoting it out and following through. I appreciate the extra time they take to explain the process. They haven't been quick with scheduling...both times it's taken time to get on their schedule. But their professionalism and expertise is worth it. Sooo much better than the tree trimming vultures that drive up and down the street searching for victims. Well worth the wait.

Description of Work
Tree removal, pruning and stump grinding.

10/14/2012

JULIA W.

This company is excellent in their assessment and care of my numerous trees and shrubs. Brad and Louise are extremely knowledgable and professional and have a great crew of employees. They take great care in cleaning up and have helped maintain the long life of my trees and shrubs.

Description of Work
I have been using this company for about 13 years, first with Trees by Louise, then when Louise joined with Robinson Tree to become Phoenix Tree. Services include pruning, fertilizing and providing treatments for my many trees and shrubs, as well as providing expert diagnoses of tree problems and diseases. Recently, Brad Kitchen provided his opinion about a neighbor's diseased tree that dropped a large limb on my property.

07/24/2012

ALAN G.

They are highly professional, available, responsive, prompt when they make appointments, thorough in their work. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I have used Phoenix for tree service for many years and have an annual contract with them to check my trees and provide whatever service is necessary which they do twice a year. In the past they also removed a large oak tree.

07/23/2012

stacey Z.

they were the most professional and knowledgeable of the companies that we checked out. They are expensive.

Description of Work
Phoenix Tree Care and Trees By Louise treats our trees once a year.

07/11/2012

Debora A.

Would not hire this company again due to the owner being difficult to deal with. Was more interested in taking up for his employees than listening to the customer. He said he thought he gave me a good deal at $3000.00 Might have been a good deal if they would have completed the job.

Description of Work
Day One: Appx 60 ft tree removed from back yard. Took 4 guys all day to cut down and remove some of the wood. We kept 3 truckloads of wood and the mulch from the stump grinding. They all worked hard and were very polite and accomodating. Day Two: Job was being paid for by the hr @$77.00/hr PER WORKER. Two were here approximately 3 hrs. It was mostly one guy doing the work while the other one sat in the shade on a log. I actually thought that he was an apprentice and not qualified to do anything but the "go behind" work, but found out he is a fully-trained, long-time employee. After watching only one work most of the morning, even though I was paying for two, I finally asked them both to leave when they started to clean up the grindings from the stump that they had been told would stay. I discovered later that the stump was not completely ground down. It was actually sticking up out of the ground. Also 2 LARGE logs were left about 36" diameter and 6' long. I called the owner of the business to explain my frustration. He was very defensive and only made excuses for the workers instead of addressing the problems. He claimed that the stump was missed because I had made his workers leave, but they had already loaded the grinder onto the trailer. To me that says they were done. AND he wanted to charge an extra $300 to cut up the logs and take them. Day Three: Sent another worker to grind the stump down that wasn't properly done on day 2. He did a great job. But we were still left with the logs. After not hearing back from the owner, had to hire someone else to come & do the job.

07/09/2012

EDWIN H.

When they got here they went right to work. They did exactly what they indicated they would do in the estimate.We were really pleased with the service. I would use them again and we have already called them.

Description of Work
We have used Phoenix Tree Care and Trees By Louise three weeks ago. We had them trim a bunch of trees.

Jones Topsoil Co

Jones Topsoil was incorporated in 1924 under the name Jones Fuel Co. 2015 is our 91st anniversary. We sold residential coal for home furnaces in the Columbus, Ohio area. As natural gas became the fuel of choice in the 1950’s we began hauling topsoil, sand and gravel, and limestone for contractors and homeowners. Although our corporate name is still Jones Fuel Co., we do not sell any fuel. Our topsoil has always been of the highest quality because we normally strip topsoil ahead of gravel operations. Our soil is called “sandy loam” topsoil and usually comes from along Franklin County Rivers and streams. We sell three types of topsoil. SoilPlus, which is a blended topsoil, and can be delivered with our Slinger Jones trucks, is normally used for flower beds and gardens. Pulverized topsoil is our rich topsoil run through a large grinder and made easy to work with and spread. That soil is used to level out lawns and fill areas that need built up with soil. Our regular, un-pulverized topsoil is used to fill deep holes, or when the customer is using a skid loader to spread the topsoil. We also sell and deliver high quality mulch, sand & gravel, and limestone products. Because we have so many trucks, we are normally able to deliver on the same day as the order is placed, and normally within a few hours. 40 Employees. Uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. DBA Jones Fuel Co. Previous contact - John Jones. Award winning. Additional phone - (800) 867-7645.

Landscapes By Terra, Inc

We help people invest in the place they spend the most time. Whether we are picking up the phone or a shovel, every member of our enterprise is aligned with the long-term success of your landscape design project. Team up with Landscapes by Terra for the finest professional landscape design in Ohio. Complement your vision with our talented designers. Then, watch it brought to life by a courteous crew that keeps your project on schedule, on budget, and leaves you awake in the dream that began to take shape with our first phone call.

Offers by Landscapes By Terra, Inc on Angi
    A Treemendous Design

We built our business on dependability, affordability, and commitment to details. A Treemendous Design (A Division of Darby Creek Nursery & Landscape) is committed to providing our clients with the very best services available. Our goal is to form not only a working relationship with our clients, but a lifelong friendship.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Certified arborists. Pruning, removal of trees and shrubs, dry-pack & vertical mulch, injection & implant, deep root liquid soil injection of fertilizers & organic materials, complete insect and disease and nutrient deficiency treatments for trees and shrubs of all sizes and species by using different methods including spraying with low to no toxic sprays and systemics injected directly into the tree's vascular system or soil injected into the root zone for uptake from the roots.

Lawn mowing and Lawn fertilization