Pat Scales Remodeling

Founded 2006 • With Angi since July 2008

2339 W Dublin Granville Rd

Columbus, OH 43235

Please visit https://www.guildquality.com/patscalesremodeling and www.patscalesremodeling.com for recent reviews and information. Pat Scales Remodeling is a Design/Build Residential and Commercial Remodeler in Central Ohio. PSR’s unique project processes allow for a custom renovation for each

03/26/2019

Kara R.

I’m so pleased with my kitchen remodel from PSR! The remodel includes all new cabinetry, hardware, countertop, sink & faucet, mosaic tile backsplash, and lighting. They also reoriented the door from a coat closet into the kitchen to create pantry space and enlarged the pass-through to the dining room. I've never been through a remodel of this size and the PSR team helped me through the process, with good ideas, advice, and advocacy along the way. Everyone I worked with -- Pat, Cora, Ian and especially Jake -- was terrific. The project took just about three weeks and I loved coming home each day to see the progress. I felt like everyone was just as excited as I was to see everything take shape. The team did so much to minimize the disruption, even when we were stuck at home for snow days and days off school, we never felt in the way. We love having our kitchen back, but we kind of miss coming home to Jake and the team.I'm going to start saving up for my next project with PSR. Thanks, everyone!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

12/23/2017

Scott T.

We ended up not going with Pat solely due to choosing a contractor we had worked with before. Pat was very prompt for our appointment and with his estimate which was right in the ballpark of other estimates we received. I really appreciated Pat’s attention to detail and knowledge about code requirements as well as going some pitfalls we may encounter. I would definitely consider Pat for any future needs.

Description of Work
Remodel second floor of 1950 Cape Cod Home.

10/26/2017

LYDA Z.

They did a beautiful job, the price was right and then he screened in my patio and my porch and its beautiful and they did a fantastic job. He's work is beautiful. He put in screen doors and they are beautiful and just perfect. He removed the paver and pour a concrete and made a design. it was very beautiful and fantastic.

Description of Work
He removed the bat tub in the bathroom a put in a new shower. put a screen in the porch and put in a screen doors.

Category decks

12/13/2016

Ryan S.

Fantastic! Pat is wonderful. He was so dedicated to the job of identifying where we were taking water in from the foundation that he sat outside, in his car, (despite numerous pleadings to come have his dinner inside) to ID the spot. Next day the repairs were made and we have not had a single problem since! A+ work.

Description of Work
We took a basement constructed in 1927 and turned it into a state-of-the-art theater/playroom!

Category concrete repair, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, doors, basement remodeling

08/05/2016

Julie M.

It went really well! We did not change any structures in our Master Bath. We replace our cultured marble countertops with real marble, had real marble surround our existing tub, retiled the whole shower with porcelain tile and marble mosaic tile as well as used marble transitions in the shower for a seat and ledges, added a nook in the shower, put in new plumbing fixtures, mirrors, shelving and shower door as well as had the whole room painted. We previously had hardwood floors in our office and had them replaced with porcelain tiles that look like hardwood flooring. Everyone was very easy to work with, very professional and personable, and worked with us to plan and help us with any design what we wanted done.

Description of Work
Replaced hardwood floor in office with tile that looks like hardwood flooring and Master Bath remodel

05/24/2016

Nancy R.

Professional Always on time Quality work Accommodating with all requests Fair price Very satisfied with end result Good communication throughout process

Description of Work
Remodeled two bathrooms......new cabinets, marble counter, sink, faucets, hardware, lighting and shower door Remodeled laundry.....painted cabinets, new counter, sink and faucet. Added canned lighting and painted ceiling and walls

03/18/2016

Jennifer D.

We had a great experience with Pat and team. What set them apart the most was their customer service which, in my experience, is generally lacking when working with contractors. Pat was extremely responsive and easily reachable throughout our time working together. They called to schedule quickly, confirmed our appointment before showing up, showed up on time, finished when they said they would and even came back out a couple times after finishing to help us finish up some of the work we planned to do on our own. All of this made working with Pat well worth the cost of the work (which turned out great). We plan to hire Pat again in the future and would recommend him to anyone. Thanks again!

Description of Work
Renovation of brick wall in den.

Category masonry, remodeling

02/13/2016

DOUG F.

My business condo suffered a catastrophic fire in March of 2015. Pat was notified of the fire because he was the maintenance contractor for all of our businesses. He was on scene shortly after the fire department arrived. He stayed until the fire was put out and volunteered to help protect the property by going to Home Depot and purchasing supplies out of his pocket to board up windows. He stayed in 9-degree weather to help us when we had no one else to turn too. He placed the winning bid for our remodel that started in October 2015. I was extremely satisfied with his level of communication and dedication to getting my remodel completed without any hiccups. He took care of everything; subs, architect communication, permits, demo, supplies, HVAC. Both he and his wirfe, Katie, know the value of hard work and dedication to their clients. They were always available via phone, email, or text virtually anytime I needed to discuss the remodel. Look no further than Pat Scales. He is innovative in his approach to keeping clients happy and always doing the right thing to keep you happy. His goal is to make sure you have a seamless remodel experience. You won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Demo and remodel fo 2400 sq ft office condo.

12/19/2015

DAVE P.

Our overall experience with Pat Scales was excellent. The single biggest issue we've experienced with other contractors has been communication. In big or small projects, there's always unforeseen issues or delays. Communication around things like this always make it easier to understand. Unfortunately, the previous contractors we've hired don't always tell you what's going on. Pat and his wife Katie were terrific around communication. They would always keep us informed of the work schedule and were very responsive to both email or phone calls. I also appreciated their attention to detail. Example...there was a section of one wall where the paint seemed to have a few rough spots. We asked Pat to take a look and possibly repair that area. He agreed there were some rough spots and ended up repaiting the entire bathroom. It's awesome to have someone truly take pride in the finished product. Finally, I'd like to mention the work of Mike. Not sure his last name but completed most of the work for Pat. Mike was a great guy with a pleasant personality. Also a hard worker who takes pride in his work. As mentioned, we had a very good experience with Pat Scales Remodeling and would use their services again.

Description of Work
Pat and crew remodeled our half bath.

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

10/13/2015

Theresa M.

I found Pat Scales on Angie's List, looked at their website, and either contacted them via the website, or called - I can't remember. Katie Scales responded right away and set up the apt to have Pat come to our home. Pat was very nice, very knowledgeable. He took some rough measurements, went in the basement to look and even gave us a good suggestion for a layout option that we hadn't thought of. Pat indicated he would have an estimate to us, either the end of that week or the next, and we received a professional estimate in that timeframe. I was taken-aback by the initial cost but, Pat had explained that any time a remodel requires permits/wall removal etc, the cost would rise significantly. Honestly, this helped to prepare us for the next few estimates. Both Pat and Katie were very prompt and courteous and I will definitely reach out to them for future projects.

Description of Work
Estimate for kitchen remodel

08/27/2015

BRUCE C.

They were excellent, on time, clean, accurate and excellent with everything. Great work.

Description of Work
Remodel our water damaged building

08/17/2015

Scott W.

I can not say enough about Pat, Katie and their team. I originally met Pat (owner) at my house. Pat was very friendly, professional and organized. We discussed with him our ideas for the remodel of our two full upstairs bathrooms. He made recommendation and suggestions on what eventually gave us a better finished bathroom. He walked us through the construction process and what we should expect if Pat Scales Remodeling got the project. We received a detailed estimate within a few days. Prior to beginning the project, both Pat and Katie finalized a schedule with us. The provided us with a list on suppliers and contacts where we could pick out fixture, tile, etc. They were very organized and very methodical - in a good way. Mike and Eric did the demo and installation work. Both were extremely professional, friendly and both are excellent at their trade. We felt comfortable with them working in the house with no one home. They made sure our house was neat, clean and uncluttered before they left each evening. Every with a demolition down to the studs and messy drywall work, the guys kept our house clean and very livable. We are extremely satisfied with both our finished bathrooms. The quality and craftsmanship of mill work, tile work, drywall, painting, etc. exceeded our expectations. I would definitely recommend Pat, Katie, Mike and Eric.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of two bathrooms. Replace vanities, showers, floors, etc. Mostly down to studs.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

06/20/2015

RICHARD M.

He did the rendering; we decided not to contract for the kitchen work. I don't know if he showed us on the computer or not; I really don't remember. We were not impressed with the computer model. It was not an imaginative design. The price of the deal was good. The price of the remodeling, I was not pleased with. I would give it an average, C.

Description of Work
I bought a $49 big deal for a kitchen design consultation with 3-D renderings from this company.

05/08/2015

. ..

Overall very good, love the bathroom, good quality, nice and reasonable to work with

Description of Work
Complete remodel of master bathroom

05/01/2015

Roberta G.

He is a very nice man, my initial impression of him was very favorable. I haven’t made a decision on whether or not I am going to remodel my bathroom yet.

Description of Work
$49 for a Kitchen or Bathroom Design Consultation with 3-D Rendering

01/10/2015

Pamela B.

It was good. They gave me a really good idea that I haven't thought of and it completely changed what I was planning on doing with my house. The $49 was great but the kitchen plan, I'm not even going to say it was expensive because it was just a lot of stuff in there that I didn't really need. He put everything in there that could possibly be put in there.

Description of Work
I purchased a "Big Deal" for the Pat Scales Remodeling. They made a kitchen plan for me.

01/05/2015

Mike S.

The service went okay. I was looking for a design to remodel the kitchen. The designer was nice to work with and scheduling the deal was not an issue. It was not quite what I expected. I thought the design would be more interactive but it was just a picture. They did come in and take measurements and listened to what I was looking for. It was just more of a generic design instead of personalized.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for a kitchen or bathroom design consultation with 3-D renderings.

11/09/2014

Christa W.

Pat and his crew were hard working and fast! My sister and I own element in Dublin. We had a dream of adding a fitness studio to our salon. PSR delivered, we were able to get back to work in 10 days! It's fabulous, and they made the experience smooth and as stress free as possible. Great company , and we will recommend them highly to everyone.

Description of Work
complete business remodel

Category remodeling, basement waterproofing

11/06/2014

Carol Ann A.

Description of Work
Completed Garage Repair needed due to water damage. Completed Insulation, Drywall repair and stippling. All staff were prompt, courteous and have completed great work. I especially appreciated the communication and response provided from both Katie and Pat during the scheduling process.

11/03/2014

Mary Ann S.

Pat and wife Katie are extremely customer service oriented and excel at communication. In every remodeling project questions come up with unexpected items and and changes that you want to make during work-in-progress. Pat was more than willing to discuss and help you come to a decision on these questions. He would take time to carefully listen to your desired outcomes. Questions were answered quickly and thoroughly. Pat is very particular about what he does and makes sure it is done correctly. Pat is an upbeat, flexible person that finds a way to do what you ask with attention to detail and within budget constraints. He has excellent employees that can customize anything. Honorable mention to Eric and Mike. Yes, I will definitely call upon Pat Scales for any future remodeling.

Description of Work
Completely updated electrical and plumbing systems. Insulated all exterior walls. Completely gutted kitchen and master bath. Installed tile flooring in kitchen, two baths, foyer and hall, and two hearths. Kitchen: changed plumbing to accommodate moving sink and dishwasher for window view, new gas line for range; installed all new appliances; installed new cabinets with granite counter tops; tiled back splash. Configuration of cabinets increased storage by 50 percent. A wall was removed to counter height between kitchen and dining room to create a breakfast bar. Installed Flat screen TV opposite breakfast bar. Master Bath: tiled shower walls to ceiling, granite shower threshold and vanity top, tiled bath walls about halfway between floor and ceiling, installed heated floor, humidity sensing exhaust fan, matching medicine cabinet and mirror, shower and basin fixtures, towel racks and other fixtures. Three different tiles were used in the bath and a decorative border was created around the entire room. New lighting above vanity. Note: installed new bath exhaust/heating fan in second bath, as mentioned earlier, tiled floor in second bath, also new lighting above vanity. Other: took down two small walls separating living room and dining room, leaving a see through fire place between the rooms. Installed a new front door.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, doors

10/21/2014

William P.

Pat Scales Remodeling was recommended to us by a friend who was exteremly happy with the work done by his company. I have to say, I dont think we've had a better consumer experience from beginning to end. They did exactly what they said they were going to do for the price that was quoted. The work was done meticulously. The team that worked in our house was friendly and professional. The work took a total of about two days. They made sure we were happy with the work and followed up a week or so after the work was finished to see if we were satisfied. I would highly recommend Pat Scales Remodeling. They were honest, sincere and truly cared about the quality of their work. A++

Description of Work
Pat Scales Remodeling installed hardwood floors in our upstairs hallway, remodelled our children's bathroom installing ceramic tile floor, updating the light fixture and painting. Additionally, the painted the hallway, living and dining rooms.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

10/21/2014

LYDA Z.

The floor is absolutely gorgeous! He did a great job. He is extremely professional, honest, and punctual. He didn't use all the tile he bought for the floor, so he told me, returned them, and gave me the credit for it. The workmen clean up very well - you can't even tell they've been here after they left. The pricing is very reasonable as well. I'm planning to use him again in the near future.

Description of Work
He's done several things for me. He re-tiled my entire basement floor with porcelain tile (about $7,000). He also built shelves in my basement as well as sliding drawers in a cabinet for me. He also repaired and re-set my mailbox after a snow plow knocked it down.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, mailbox repair, basement remodeling

10/09/2014

JOSEPH R.

Pat spent a couple hours at the house! He obviously knows his stuff and had some wonderful ideas! He easy to talk to and came back with a proposal.

Description of Work
Pat came out to the house to review the kitchen and talk about plans to make it great!

10/03/2014

Elizabeth S.

.I was not interested in the plans for the kitchen that he provided.

Description of Work
Measured the kitchen and provided a drawing of the kitchen

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

We did not know that this Angie's List member was not happy with her estimate and renderings until we read this review. We’ve contacted this member twice and have offered to have Pat do another set of renderings. She has not responded to our emails. Since the subject of having to reschedule the estimate came up, I would like to clarify that it was due to a family member’s funeral. The 3-D design matched the estimate that we put together for the project. Pat and the member discussed different options and knocking down walls and moving plumbing wasn’t an option due to the additional cost, therefore, we made the renderings to match the estimate. We could have done another set for re-designing the whole kitchen, but Pat didn’t think that was the route she wanted to take. Had Pat not been interested in the project, he would have not taken the time to put the detailed estimate together and the renderings which take a few hours. We apologize that Pat coming to their home for a consultation and then spending a few hours putting the estimate together and the renderings was a big waste of this Angie’s List member’s time and money, therefore, we’ve asked Angie’s List to refund their money. We wish her all the best with her kitchen remodel.

09/24/2014

Harold A.

Too high in price found someone else.

Description of Work
Came out and looked was going to send pics. Never did was to have est, to us 9/19/14 have not done so.

Category remodeling

We sent the member an email apologizing for the delay and included their estimate. He hope we still have the opportunity to work with them, and that they will consider revising their review.