Northern Appraisal Services

Founded 2003 • With Angi since October 2003

808 High St Ste 1

Columbus, OH 43085

2 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply....

04/11/2017

Rebecca C.

Very fast, almost too fast. He checked each piece and he did it right then and there in front of me. There was a lot of jewelry. It was mostly costume jewelry, but needed appraisals for attorney. He was friendly and easy to work with. I feel it was expensive, but I have nothing to compare with, because I have never had a jewelry appraisal before. So, I am not sure if it was fair or not. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
Appraisals of a lot of jewelry that my mother left to me.

04/11/2017

Rebecca C.

Northern Appraisal Services went through each piece with me and got it all appraised in a couple of hours. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
I had three small plastic tubs full of jewelry that I received from my mother's estate that needed to me appraised for probate.

10/03/2014

Carol P.

It was a great experience. Mitchell was friendly & explained what he was going to do. He made me a copy & one to take to my insurance company. I learned a lot about jewelry & would certainly use him again.

Description of Work
He appraised 2 pieces of diamond jewelry for me.

10/21/2013

David R.

Wow! Mitch is great and really knows his stuff. Mitch is a self described gem n*** - He's the type of guy you want doing your jewelry appraisal work. Mitch is extremely knowledgeable about diamonds and other gemstones. He explained exactly what he was doing and I felt confident in his work.

Description of Work
Mitch performed two services: 1. Verified that the diamonds in the engagement ring I purchased were real, matched the description I was sold, and the AGSL cert. 2. Provided an appraisal for insurance purposes

10/10/2013

ELIZABETH C.

Beautifully. Mitch was responsive to my call and made an appointment with me the same week. When I needed to move the time he was accommodating. During the 2 1/2 hours I was in the office, Mitch interacted with me professionally about my pieces. He asked answered my questions and gave advise on pieces I might not want to spend the time/$ on a full appraisal with. He showed a genuine interest in and love for the work he was doing, without prying. At the end I have 2 copies of printed, signed documents on the appraisals. I requested an electronic copy as well, which he gladly sent. The price seems like a lot to pay, but i have peace of mind now that this is done.

Description of Work
Appraised 11 jewelry/watch items for my family and advised us on about 10 others.

10/07/2013

SHERRY G.

Felt comfortable leaving jewelry for several hours while appraisal being done. Very professional. Had a diamond engagement ring appraised previously at a large local retail jewelry store, and later realized he had also done that appraisal. With the increase in metals and precious stones, worth the cost for insurance purposes.

Description of Work
Appraised jewelry. Cheaper with quantity.

07/29/2013

Todd T.

Service provider was very friendly, honest, up front. Evaluated our late mothers jewelry collection, We had no idea what we had, which wasn't much. Service provider made recommendations and gave options on where to take it if we decided to sell

Description of Work
Evaluation of inherited jewelry collection

12/10/2012

georgette H.

It went very well. Mr. Dustin photographed the pieces and examined them thoroughly, giving us his replacement value estimates for insurance purposes. He also looked at several additional pieces and gave us informal estimates of their value as well at no extra charge. Within about a week we received the formal statement presented very professionally with full color photos of each piece, "maps" of the large diamonds, and detailed narrative descriptions of the pieces in a nice binder with copies of everything for my files. Mr. Dustin was very qualified, knowledgeable and very pleasant and interesting to talk to. He has a fine reputation and I would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Mr. Dustin came to our home to appraise a brooch and an antique ring a watch. Forget how much he charged exactly, but it was around $250. - very fair.

11/27/2012

RANDALL G.

Excellent, he's a fine gentleman that knows his business.

Description of Work
Charged by the hour, looked and many pieces I bought in hastily but professionally (didn't waste any time), and gave me very good sound advice on my merchandise.

01/11/2011

TERESA M.

MItch was great - professional, easy to talk to, thorough and honest (I had a previous replacement cost appraisal on one of the 3 insurance items and he was within 1% of the same valuation). If you need jewelry appraised for any purpose, I would highly recommend Northern Appraisal Services.

Description of Work
Insurance appraisals for 3 pieces of estate jewelry, verbal descriptions and fair trade value of another 10 pieces, along with advice on selling them.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal

Insurance & estate appraisals on jewelry, loose diamonds & gemstones, antique jewelry, watches, & sterling silver flatware in office or on location, and verification of authenticity is also available.

Ask for details.