Logan A/C & Heating Services

Founded 1969 • With Angi since February 2007

Choose our fast, friendly team at Logan A/C & Heat Services for residential heating/cooling repair, replacement, and routine maintenance. Logan Services is the #1 Volume Trane dealer in Ohio. Take advantage of our current promotions and financing options including 0% APR for 60 months on qualifying Trane systems. Estimates are FREE, and next-day installation is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Most installations usually take just one day. Check out our website to learn more about how a high-efficiency Trane system can increase the overall comfort in your home. Logan Services has recently been voted as the top HVAC company with the Columbus Dispatch CBUS Top Picks each year since 2016. Our company is proud to be family-owned and operated and services the greater Columbus metro area....

A Service Provider's profile image

+14 more images

HVAC Companies202043035
The Payne family's air conditioner had broken down on them, so they reached out to Logan Services in Columbus for help. Our team was able to provide a free, in-home estimate to help show some of their best heating and cooling system replacement options. After deciding on the Trane XL18i air conditioner and Trane S9 Furnace (96% efficiency), we were able to schedule their installation. We are glad we were able to bring comfort back to this home.
HVAC Installation - Furnace & AC project

HVAC Companies

202043035

4.4

HVAC Companies (376)air duct cleaning (23)electrician (73)handyman (3)

08/29/2022

ED B.

09/20/2019 Trane Install 12/21/2021 Logan AC & Heat (Kenyon Deaver) Furnace checkup under contract 1. Maintenance Plan Renewal $199.00 [Renewed due to professionalism of technician.] (Service Manager Bill Wireman Refunded $199.00 07/13/2022) 07/02/2022 Holiday call out (2 years, 9 months, 12 days after install) Technician arrived to system on but not cooling, upon inspection of system technician found that the outdoor coil was plugged and was also low on refrigerant, customer rinsed off coil, technician charged system with 4lbs of refrigerant, customer will call into office to schedule leak search. 1. Emergency Service Call $189.00 (Service Manager Bill Wireman Refunded $189.00 07/13/2022) 2. Added 4 pounds R410A $350.00 Technician did not have proper equipment to leak check although when I scheduled call, I informed them that I suspected it was low. They had to schedule another service call to leak check. 07/05/2022 Arrived at customer home, found oil residue at the bottom of the ac unit, did a leak search and found the leak at the high-pressure switch also used soap bubbles to confirmed. Told customer he will need to replace high pressure switch and pay for the full amount of refrigerant because there is nowhere to store the refrigerant so we will have to take the refrigerant completely out of he’s system to braze in the high-pressure switch. Customer is not happy and will be calling a manager. 1. Leak Search $243.00 (Service Manager Bill Wireman Refunded $243.00 07/13/2022) Total time spent at my home was 45 minutes. I pointed out leak to technician. They did not attempt to repair leak and instead quoted part that needed ordered. Leak was at braze joint where HPCO was brazed to hot gas line from compressor. Technician claimed to have leak checked evaporator but all they had with them was a spray bottle of soap bubbles. I saw no evidence of panels being removed so I assume all they did was check for oil in the drain tube. I noticed after technician left that they had broken top cover because metal side panel was improperly installed and top cover was installed using drill/driver. Cracked across both sides. COV05617 Cover; Black, Top Appearance Assembly 37.16 x 34 Service Manager Bill Wireman claimed that the cover would not be warranty and was only there for looks. [It serves a safety function of keeping hands and anything else out of fan blades.] I bought and paid for a new cover broken by their carelessness. In the end out total of $750.00 due to Logan and had to pay another vendor $1,738 to fix what they wouldn't. Unit less than 3 years old. If the repair was made on 7/2 during the emergency call (90 degrees outside) my experience would have been different.

Description of Work
Refrigerant leak repair

Work Completed On 08/29/2022

08/26/2022

Caitlin B.

From one hardworking homeowner to another, please do not use Logan if you hope to get what you paid for. "Abysmal, unprofessional incompetence" best describes Logan's products, service, and communication. We had two furnaces and two A/Cs units installed in our home in July. Nearly two months and 5+ follow-up service visits later, they are still not working correctly. To date, we have not received what we paid thousands of dollars for, and the most worrying part is that Logan seems to be in no hurry at all to resolve it. I would not recommend Logan to anyone, and, in fact, have already begun to dissuade family, friends, and colleagues from considering them for any service or product. We needed to replace our two A/Cs and came across very positive views about Logan. We bought into Jeff's sales pitch about the efficiency of their units, the great service, how our bill would go down dramatically, how dust would decrease. But we were misled. Shame on us for believing him, but shame on him for selling us something he couldn't deliver. He pointed out that one of our existing furnaces was installed backwards and called it stupid. Spoiler alert: Logan installed it backwards, too. The units were installed by Doug, Dallas, Mason, and Alex (they asked us to include their names in our review). The next day we noticed both A/Cs weren't working correctly. Salman came out and said the installers had connected the WiFi sensors to the wrong unit. He made adjustments to both A/Cs and told us we were good to go. That night we realized one of the A/Cs still wasn't working correctly. They sent out Randy, who turned up the power output and contradicted something Salman had said (this is a theme at Logan). Randy seemed very knowledgeable and we felt confident he had fixed the issue. But no, it wasn't fixed. The next time they sent Joe, who said one of our A/Cs was not calibrated correctly (why it took an install and three visits to realize this is baffling) and that he would need to come back to replace it. At this point we expressed our disappointment at Logan's quality and service. Joe said he would come back with the Service Manager, Bill. When he came back to re-install the thermostat, Bill was a no-show. Joe said Bill would monitor our thermostats remotely and call us within 3-4 days. Surprise--Bill didn't call. I spoke to Bill on the phone, hopeful for a resolution, but he made it seem like multiple visits to address an issue is customary for Logan. He even said it will likely take MORE visits to fix it since they'll have to take full reads (again) and contact Trane (for the first time in this process). Keep in mind that these are brand new units. Brand new units shouldn't need to be fixed or replaced. Bill was a no-show (again) to visit number 5 and instead sent Chris and Nate. Chris contradicted some things that another tech said and was quick to abandon any company integrity, responsibility accountability by justifying and defending the fact that the units aren't working correctly and saying as the Service Manager, "well if a tech said that I can't answer for him" or "if the rep said that you'll have to take it up with him." So here we are, waiting to schedule visit number 6, just trying to get what we paid for. Each call we make and visit we have to be here for is time spent away from work. Taking time off work to babysit Logan, combined with the exorbitant electric bill, is literally costing us money. This was a huge purchase and we are so disappointed, frustrated, and exhausted at the follow-up we've had to do just to get what we paid for, which should have worked on day 1. We chose what we believed to be a reputable company and spent more than we had planned in order to have a reliable HVAC system. I am writing this review in hopes that Logan makes this right and that others don't make the same expensive mistake of choosing Logan.

Description of Work
A/C and furnace install

Work Completed On 07/11/2022

08/23/2022

Darrel T.

I was told the heat exchanger on my 12 y.o. dual fuel furnace/heat pump was "going bad" and should be replaced with a new, larger, and more efficient unit. My KwH usage, however immediately increased dramatically comparing year over year (by month) with this "more efficient" unit. Techs were unable to find the cause, nor able to explain the increase in KwH usage that I was able to document from the electric company. So I continue to pay increased costs for this "more efficient" unit. But wait...it gets worse...When Logan installed the new heat pump, they didn't place unit completely over the old concrete pad. Rather, they put a new, inadequately supported fiberglass base over part of the existing concrete pad and set the new unit on top. Needless to say, over time the unsupported portion sank. (See photo) Please understand this is not a "cosmetic" problem. It is vital that the unit be balanced to avoid damage to the fan, condenser, and compressor over time. Logan maintained they are not responsible for shift in ground and would repair it only if I paid for the repair. I said the ground sank because base was not correctly supported at time of install and I should not have to pay for their installation error. Physics being what it is, was inevitable that the difference in psi under the pad and the psi off the pad would cause the unit to sink on one side. They said it was installed 4 years ago and sinking was not noted by previous techs. I said that this gradual sinking takes time to become apparent and, just because previous techs did not note the unit was gradually going off vertical, did not mean that it wasn't occurring. I noted that the original concrete pad remains level over the same period of time (and the ADDITIONAL 12 years it was there PRIOR to the new unit being installed) The only part that has failed is the fiberglass platform they put in at time of install. They quoted $243 just to put some stone under the sinking pad, but later DID offer to have a tech do this "the next time we come out for a service call". But we agreed that that would only be a temporary "band-aid" and the sinking would occur again for the same reasons the pad failed in the first place. Ultimately, they refused to stand by their work and said they would repair it only if I paid to have it truly corrected. I said, if I was going to have to pay anyone to fix their error, it would not be them and I would cancel my service contract I have had with them since moving to Columbus. The response?? "Well I can help you with that." Do yourself a favor and find a company who does the work right in the first place or at least stands behind their work when they make a mistake.

Description of Work
Relevel outdoor heat pump

Work Completed On 08/17/2022

Review for Logan A/C & Heating Services - 3601 Interchange Rd, Columbus, OH - 39846740

02/15/2022

Nathan D.

They installed a new AC and Heat Pump 3.5 years ago. When they left they AC didn’t work they came back the next day to fix the issue. That was our first incident but hey people make mistakes no big deal. Then fast forward to now the heat pump stopped working. They sent someone out who couldn’t fix it, left screws on the ground and left me without a working emergency heat. To be clear emergency heat was working before he came and wasn’t after he left. Another company came out today. They showed me the breaker was off he flipped the breaker and we could tell via hand over the vent the heat kicked on. They left us without any real heat it was 58 degrees in our house for a week. They refused a refund saying they diagnosed the issue. What about the bad experience. We went with another company to do the repair. I wouldn’t recommend using Logan.

Description of Work
New AC & Heat Pump then service

Work Completed On 02/07/2022

Muhammad N.

Extremely happy with the professionalism and quality of work!

Description of Work
N/A

Don W.

excellent! They were done in about 4 hours, and it works great!

Description of Work
New air conditioner and furnace.

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

Diane T.

Great. All your guys are great thank you

Description of Work
6 month check up

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

Jeff C.

The installers we good, they were respectful and took care to do a good job. Walked us though everything from units and thermostat before they left. Salesman was attentive and answered our questions until they were payed . Problems came from the fact we payed for 3 C02 detectors but the installers only had 2. We contacted salesman and the office about it and no response until we changed our review on google review- then they contacted us and gave us a story about salesman out of town - yada yada. We said fine things happen- assured us they would get one right to us. ( WE live less than 2 miles from the office) No detector, contacted them again- told us we would have one for sure next week. That was almost a month ago Still no detector. This is really not a big deal we have the 2 new ones plus we already had one. The problem is if this is how they take care of a simple issue What happens if we have a problem with the units - Clearly it looks like we can't count on them to handle it. How do I recommend them to someone else. I just hope to make it past their part of the warranty and then I will have to look elsewhere for any needed service. I highly recommend you give someone else the chance to take care of your HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Replaced both a/c and furnace

Work Completed On 09/24/2021

Warren H.

Great, friendly and timely service.

Description of Work
N/A

Robert C.

Went great. They even fixed the electrical hook up for it

Description of Work
Replace AC unit and furnace

Work Completed On 05/23/2022

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for sharing your Logan Services experience on Angi. We appreciate the opportunity to help you; let us know if we can assist you or anyone you know with HVAC services in the future!

Mohammed J.

It went perfectly; they were professional.

Description of Work
I have already installed a new unit

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/31/2021

David F.

Very professional company to work with.

Description of Work
Replace HVAC

Kay Z.

Everything checked out well with the Heating checkup. There were no problems or issues discovered.

Description of Work
Furnace winter check up

Work Completed On 11/17/2021

Jim W.

Fast and complete installation. Professional job.

Description of Work
Heat pump installation

Todd M.

Great client experience, start to finish.

Description of Work
N/A

Pamela Y.

Very well - no issues - service person on time and did a great job.

Description of Work
Furnace maintenance

Chris L.

They service the hvac system that they installed

Description of Work
N/A

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Jeff R.

Excellent, knowledgeable, friendly installer’s.

Description of Work
New a/c & furnace.

Work Completed On 09/11/2021

William M.

Very good.The tech showed up on time and did the service call.

Description of Work
Furnace inspection

Andy S.

Over-all, very well. Installers seemed very professional and knowledgeable. Sales person answered my questions and worked with me. Only gripe: Sales person promised he would follow up and return post installation and I never heard a word from him again after the installation. That tainted any positivity of the experience prior to that point.

Description of Work
New Heat Pump to replace old electric furnace with a/c

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

Tony M.

The installation took two days and went very well

Description of Work
Installed new furnace and AC units

Tony D.

The Logan team did a great job in performing their work in replacing a dual HVAC system in my home. Courteous technicians who were efficient in their work and cleaned-up after themselves. Very pleased with our experience and would invite them back again.

Description of Work
Replacement of dual HVAC system in home