Lawn Doctor of Columbus and Central Ohio

Founded 1991 • With Angi since April 2002

1005 Old Henderson Rd

Columbus, OH 43220

We are proud to offer our fully guaranteed lawn care services to Greater Columbus residents and surrounding areas.

12/02/2018

Allen G.

The first year went great! My lawn was left in bad shape from the previous owners and lawn doctor had it looming almost as good as anyone on the block’s by the end of the summer. The second summer however, the “forgot” to do my backyard twice, didn’t come nearly as often as the first summer, and my lawn looked worse than it did the year before with dead grass patches and weeds all over the place. I also had a bad experience with their lawnmower maintenance service. They brought my lawnmower back dirty, the pull start was blown out, and it didn’t seem to work any better than before the tuneup.

Description of Work
Fertilization package for the summer and lawnmower tuneup

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

[Member Name Removed], I am sorry that things did not work out. It often takes a couple of years to turn things around especially lawns that are in very poor condition with many weeds. Lawns that have alot of weeds drop seeds to the ground that will germinate and we can do nothing about preventing germination of broadleaf weeds. Also, 2018 was among the wettest years on record and we had wide spread fungus throughout Columbus from all of the high levels of rain. Further, wet years promote more growth of weeds in such a fertile and wet environment. As you may recall, we did not do your backyard for a while per your guidance in 2017. I failed to remove the note in our system which instructed the technician to not do the back and apologize for this. This is totally my fault and we did get corrected and the backyard was done. We wish you all the best and thank you for your patronage and I apoligize for these issues.

04/04/2018

BEVERLY & KENNETH C.

Performed services in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Yard Aeration

03/19/2018

Amy O.

They only provide services to those who are signed up for the whole deal. No aeration if you're do the rest yourself.

Description of Work
lawn aeration

Category lawn treatment

[Member Name Removed], our paying customers who have our full program are the foundation of our success. We need to cater to them above all. We do not advertise that we do stand alone advertising so an F rating is not justified in my opinion. We wish you all the best. Scott Cooper-Owner

10/27/2017

Carol C.

Very well. Scott did a very nice job and kept in contact as to when the weather would be good to do the aeration.

Description of Work
Lawn aeration

10/10/2017

David W.

Completed. Was supposed to call prior to rendering service and didn't. Charged an additional $20 - not sure why. No explanation.

Description of Work
Lawn aeration

Category lawn service

10/09/2017

JULIANNE J.

He gave us an estimate and after consideration we decided to wait until fall. Then we decided to move in the fall. His estimate was reasonable and we would likely have contracted with him if we had stayed.

Description of Work
We needed an estimate for replacing our lawn which was very uneven and has weeds.

Category landscaping

09/30/2017

Mike M.

It was $130 per application. It was terrible. They never were able to get rid of the weeds.

Description of Work
Weed control and fertilization.

Category lawn treatment

Your lawn sits between 2 untreated lawns in the country and these lots have terrible weeds. Sitting between two large untreated lots is a challenge to control weeds for lawns between these high weed content lawns. Further, this was our first year working with you and your lawn had a very high percentage of weeds to start. There had been significant improvement from early in 2017. Sure there were still weeds and this is why we came out 4 times for free service calls. It is very common to have weeds for first year customers whose lawns are inundated with weeds when we start. Lastly, your lawn is quite thin and it takes time to get the weeds under control as there are so many weed seeds in the ground. We are sorry that you did not feel our service to be satisfactory and we professionally provided these 4 FREE service calls to you. If you would have given us more time I am sure things would have improved. Best regards, Scott Cooper-Owner

09/26/2017

Pat T.

Lawn Doctor does a great job with my yard. It always looks full and green. No weeds.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization

09/18/2017

Laura S.

I had been using another company for the past two and a half years. My lawn was in awful shape. Burned out sections from over fertilizing, dead grass from bugs, thin in spots, The lawn was not healthy and wasn't growing. I hired the Lawn Doctor in Aug 2017. They did a soil test, fertilization and recently power seeding/aeration. My lawn looks fantastic I followed their instructions and kept the lawn wet and mowed it at the suggested height. I am so pleased with their services...thank you, thank you and thank you!

Description of Work
Year round lawn care.

Barbara M.

I would use them again in the future if we had a need. I would recommend them for price and punctuality.

Description of Work
Monthly Weed & Feed

Barbara M.

Description of Work
Monthly Weed & Feed

Barbara M.

We don't use them for landscaping, just lawn service. They do it in arrears to last. It's a monthly service.

Description of Work
Lawn applications.

08/21/2017

Ketan K.

Lawn looks green and healthy. I will continue their service and recommend to others.

Description of Work
Fertilized yard

08/07/2017

Laura B.

We've been happy with their service so far.

Description of Work
They do our lawn treatments.

06/08/2017

Ron G.

Scheduling was a challenge, but persistence got us on the schedule. Once here they did the job as purchased and did a great job. They were friendly and on time, very professional.

Description of Work
Lawn Aeration and Overseeding

Category lawn treatment

[Member Name Removed], thanks for the review. Spring is a very challenging time for us and the industry. We try to be as responsive as we can during this rush; sometimes we fall short. We appreciate your business and your review. Scott Cooper-Owner

05/10/2017

Lynette B.

Only one treatment so far...no results yet

Description of Work
Lawn service , weed killer , fertilization

Category lawn treatment

[Member Name Removed], thanks for the feedback, as we discussed, due to the volume of weeds, it will take some time. Hang in there.

04/10/2017

Mike M.

Lawn has improved but additional work is needed and will take time to get it the way I want it.

Description of Work
lawncare, weed control and fertilization

Category lawn treatment

[Removed Member Name], thanks for the reply. As you noted, it will take some time to get the weeds under control. We are only able to spray broad leaf weeds that have germinated and are growing. There are no cost effective pre-emergent control for broad leaf weeds. The counts of weeds will continue to drop and by next spring. there will be very few weeds. We strive to make each lawn healthy and lush, the thicker the lawn, the fewer the weeds. Thanks again for the review.

02/28/2017

Mark M.

They are awesome. She gave me a quote over the phone by looking from a satellite view of my yard. The image gives them the square feet, then they subtract the decking and the house, and then give you a price. You don't have to wait and they don't come out to your house. They are efficient and I could this tell by the way they were handling things. They talk to you every time they come and leave you a detailed note. They also have a newsletter every month on what they are seeing. They will tell you if they have found grubs at a neighbor's house and tell you what they did. I already re-upped my contract with them.

Description of Work
They do fertilization and weed killing.

01/30/2017

DICK S.

They did a great job of killing off the crabgrass, nutsedge, and other weeds that I had not been able to control with other treatments

Description of Work
crabgrass and nutsedge taking control and killing our lawn

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

12/10/2016

Jack H.

I resent how intrusive this review process is

Description of Work
Did what the advertised

11/07/2016

Judy Q.

Very well. Service was performed timely and we began to see evidence of dying weeds right away

Description of Work
Weed preventative

11/01/2016

Kelly R.

I called in September to schedule our service for mid-late October. I was told that we would get a call back to schedule as it was too far out in advance. I came home in early October to find that my yard had been aerated and seeded...both front yard and back yard through my fenced in gate. I was upset because it was earlier than we were wanting it done, and also because they never called and we never had an appointment. They just showed up. That day, I called and spoke to the owner who did apologize and explain that it was a mixup. But, he didn't offer to do anything until I asked him to. he then said he would come back at in mid-late October to re-seed since that was the timing we wanted. It's now November 1, and we still haven't heard from them nor have they come back out to resolve the issue. I realize it's a small business, but it was a lot of money to spend on something that didn't happen when we wanted it to, and it's poor customer service to not follow through with their promises.

Description of Work
lawn aeration and seeding

Category lawn treatment

[Member Name Removed], I apologize for the screw up. As a token of our appreciation of your business and our mistake, please accept 2 free fertilization and weed control, including crabgrass, control visits in the Spring of 2017. Please let me know if you would like for us to set up and again sorry for the mistake. Scott Cooper-Owner

10/24/2016

PATRICIA G.

Last year this company aerated my lawn and did a great job. In July 2016, the owner contacted me about coming this year; I asked him to come mid-Sept. Late August, he called and I again asked him to come mid-Sept., which he agreed to do. Sept. 27, I called, leaving a voice message to inquire why he had not come. He called back Sept. 28/29 and said he would be here the week of Oct. 3. He never came or called. Last year, I would have given a good rating, as he came when promised and did a good job. But I can't recommend him after this incident. **Update** Scott Cooper called me after reading my review. He was very apologetic for not coming when he promised and he offered to aerate my yard at no charge in the Spring. So I agreed.

Description of Work
I wanted the lawn aerated.

Category lawn service

[Member Name Removed], I am very sorry for the screw-up. This is entirely my oversight. We try to manage our routes effectively and batch work together in certain geographies. In doing so, occasionally we make a mistake, which in this case we did. I apologize for not getting the work done and hope that you will consider us in the future. We will offer you a free aeration Spring 2017, if interested. Scott Cooper-Owner

10/12/2016

Deborah Y.

Excellent, yard looks better already, and it's only been a week or so.

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization and grub control

10/07/2016

Richard M.

Not as good as hoped. But, ground was somewhat hard in places so aeration machine couldn't take up good plugs. I watered the night before but it wasn't enough. I wish the aeration would have been done after a good rain. But the worker did what he could with the ground being so hard. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Aeration and overseeding.

Category pest control

Weed Man - Columbus North

For more than 45 years, Weed Man Lawn Care has striven to create outdoor yards and landscapes that you call home. Our integrated services provide you with a peace of mind that allows you to unwind in the comfort of your yard, knowing that you’ve created a safe and healthy environment for entertaining your neighbors, playing catch with your kids or letting your pets romp carefree through the grass. Our professional lawn care services also result in increased property values, a must in today’s economy. We know lawn care and we tailor our programs uniquely for your lawn. Our lawn care program includes fertilization – with our exclusive blend of fertilizers – weed/insect/disease management as well as aeration and seeding. We guarantee our services. To find out more about any of our services, click below or call your local Weed Man professional today for a custom lawn analysis and a program designed to keep your lawn healthy and vigorous. Additional email - columbus.nw@weedmanusa.com. if (BADGEBOX) BADGEBOX.PlaceBadge();COLUMBUS lawn service

Landscapes By Terra, Inc

At Landscapes by Terra, we pride ourselves on creating beautiful and functional outdoor spaces that enhance the lives of our clients. Our team of experienced designers and craftsmen are committed to delivering high-quality work and exceptional customer service. Whether you're looking to add a patio, walkway, retaining wall, or outdoor kitchen, we have the skills and expertise to bring your vision to life. We also offer a range of other services, including lawn and garden maintenance, tree care, and snow removal. Our goal is to help you create the perfect outdoor space for your home and lifestyle. We are dedicated to delivering stunning results that will add value to your property and bring joy to your life. If you're ready to transform your outdoor space, contact Landscapes by Terra today. We would be happy to discuss your ideas and provide a free consultation and quote.

Offers Coupon

A Treemendous Design

We built our business on dependability, affordability, and commitment to details. A Treemendous Design (A Division of Darby Creek Nursery & Landscape) is committed to providing our clients with the very best services available. Our goal is to form not only a working relationship with our clients, but a lifelong friendship.

Listed
    Ohio
    Ohio Department of Agriculture
    09/30/2021
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Residential & Commercial Lawn Fertilization, Weed Control, Perimeter Pest Control, Tree & Shrub Care, Power Seeding, & Grub Control.

Mowing, Tree Removal, Snow Removal, Tree & Shrub Trimming.