Jones Topsoil Co

Founded 1924 • With Angi since August 1995

350 Frank Rd

Columbus, OH 43207

Jones Topsoil was incorporated in 1924 under the name Jones Fuel Co. 2015 is our 91st anniversary. We sold residential coal for home furnaces in the Columbus, Ohio area. As natural gas became the fuel of choice in the 1950’s we began hauling topsoil, sand and gravel, and limestone for contractors and homeowners. Although our corporate name is still Jones Fuel Co., we do not sell any fuel. Our topsoil has always been of the highest quality because we normally strip topsoil ahead of gravel operations. Our soil is called “sandy loam” topsoil and usually comes from along Franklin County Rivers and streams. We sell three types of topsoil. SoilPlus, which is a blended topsoil, and can be delivered with our Slinger Jones trucks, is normally used for flower beds and gardens. Pulverized topsoil is our rich topsoil run through a large grinder and made easy to work with and spread. That soil is used to level out lawns and fill areas that need built up with soil. Our regular, un-pulverized topsoil is used to fill deep holes, or when the customer is using a skid loader to spread the topsoil. We also sell and deliver high quality mulch, sand & gravel, and limestone products. Because we have so many trucks, we are normally able to deliver on the same day as the order is placed, and normally within a few hours. 40 Employees. Uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. DBA Jones Fuel Co. Previous contact - John Jones. Award winning. Additional phone - (800) 867-7645....

mulch delivering (145)stone & gravel (35)lawn care (4)excavating (2)

10/08/2020

Could not have gone better. Driver was ontime, placed the topsoil where I wanted it on our driveway turnaround and away he went. If we need anything that Jones provides in the future, we will purchase from them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed 4cy of topsoil. Liked the price and availability.

CATEGORY excavators,mulch

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/07/2020

06/11/2018

Top soil was delivered promptly - driver was very accommodating on where the topsoil needed to be placed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Top soil delivered

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2018

05/14/2018

Awesome! The delivery driver was very professional and courteous. Very pleased with the end result!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Utilized the Slinger Jones service to spread 8 yards of topsoil.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/21/2018

07/31/2017

This is the best service ever!! We had 6 yards of dirt delivered to our house via the dirt slinger. He showed up on time and was very professional. The dirt was slung into the two areas we needed, which significantly cut down on the back-breaking work. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
6 yards of dirt delivered

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/29/2017

12/12/2016

Quick, excellent quality materials and resulting garden too much to keep up with

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Three different deliveries of various soil mixes

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/12/2016

11/14/2016

Wonderful! I have used this company many times and they are so great to work with each time. This time I placed an order on line and they called to just confirm. Then called when on their way. Seamless! The person who operates the Slinger is just the best! He "places" the gravel with profession!! A huge thanks again! Nice job!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gravel for driveway

CATEGORY mulch,pavers, gravel

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/10/2016

05/09/2016

Everything was great and the quality of the soil is excellent. The call from the delivery driver was appreciated. My only complaint is I used the website and put in my dimensions and ended up with WAY to much. I could have used 1 cu yard versus the 2 that the website calculation had. It made for a mad scramble to give A LOT away to my neighbors. Some of this is on me and I should have called and c...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Provided 2 cu. yds of supersoil. I used the online site and put in the dimensions of my raised vegetable boxes and they delivered to my driveway exactly the time i requested. They even called prior to delivery to see what side of the driveway I wanted it on. I didn't have the boxes built yet or I would have definitely go the slinger service.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/06/2016

04/23/2016

Jay, the driver, went out of his way to "sling" the dirt where we wanted it. He did not have much room to work in, but he was able to put the dirt exactly where we wanted it. Kudos to Jay for being friendly and extremely professional. Office staff was also very helpful when I placed the order.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Delivered Supersoil

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/23/2016

03/09/2016

I was quite disappointed with Jones Topsoil. I needed limestone for my driveway. I called and ordered 20 tons of size 57 limestone. I told the person I ordered from that I wanted it 'tailgated'. Well, the driver called before coming and was punctual. But he apparently wasn't familiar with 'tailgating'. He didn't even know how to fasten the chains to his tailgate. I needed approx. 300 ft. of drivew...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Delivered 20T of driveway limestone

CATEGORY mulch,pavers, gravel

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/09/2016

05/09/2015

Everything went well. We had a backyard drainage project this week and the tracks left by the backhoe in our side yard prompted me to have Jones Topsoil deliver dirt to cover those tracks and cover numerous roots in the yard from our oak and pine trees. The only problem was we didn't have anyone but ourselves (age 56+) to spread the topsoil, so that is still in process bit by bit. Rick did a marks...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They delivered 16 cubic yards of topsoil .

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/09/2015

Topsoil, Soil Plus, Mulch, Sand, Gravel, & Crushed Limestone Sales & Delivery.