Janis Hott + Alex Macke; Hott-Macke at CTR

Www.carriagetraderealty.com...

Coldwell Banker King Thompson Gary & Monica Cook

Coldwell Banker King Thompson Realtors

The Van Steyn Partners- REMAX Premier Choice

Hello! Thank you for taking a moment to learn more about Charlotte and myself (Marc). Take a moment to click on the Media tab to see some examples of our marketing or click the link to our website to find out more about us.We are full time Realtors, business partners (mother/son) and so blessed to have the opportunity to work together. We have been fortunate to have helped over 2800 families buy and sell homes. We have been the #1 ranked REMAX Brokerage in Central Ohio for the past 10 years (based on sales volume) with four offices in Worthington, Upper Arlington, Dublin/Powell and Grandville. Charlotte is the Broker/co-owner of the company. She has actively sold real estate in Columbus for the last 41 years and has been one of the areas most successful and respected Realtors. Charlotte was also President of one of Columbus's Premier Building Companies (Bob Webb Builders) for ten years. I'm a third generation Realtor who was introduced to the real estate industry as a boy growing up in Worthington. My business philosophy was developed from the teachings of my mother and grandfather "who always put the needs of their clients first and built their business on trust, dedication and uncompromised service". I am also the developer of our proprietary home marketing system. This system allows our clients significant marketing exposure, thereby increasing the value they receive for their property. Developing refined client support services and providing state of the art marketing tools are just some of what I do. I'm also a highly knowledgeable and experienced agent who enjoys assisting Buyers in the home purchase process. If there is a move in your future please give us a call. We would love to sit down with you and discuss the advantages of working with our group. You won't be subjected to any high pressure sales tactics. Our consultations are always free and there is never any obligation. It has always been our first priority to provide the highest level of service to

The HomeBuyer's Advocate

The ONLY ANGIE'S LIST SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNERS for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020! (Realtors) We are Central Ohio's LARGEST Buyer's Broker. Our job is to represent ONLY home BUYERS, never home sellers, 100% of the time. We will advocate for YOU, the buyer, and we will help you buy a home while protecting your interests. We will answer all of your questions and be on YOUR side throughout the entire process as the BUYER. We will help you with financing, counsel you on the home-buying process and point out the positives and the negatives of every home that you see. We will make sure you get the home that YOU want, and be by your side all along the way. WE WILL NOT PRESSURE YOU INTO MAKING A DECISION because all decisions made are made by you, our client. We work for you, and we won't try to "sell" you anything. We will show you homes that YOU want to see, not homes that we want you to see. We will tell you when it's time to walk away from a home that isn't right for you. We are the Home Buyer's TRUE Advocates and we promise to make your home-buying experience comfortable, enjoyable and hassle-free! Are you a BUYER? DON'T CONTACT A "REGULAR" AGENT, GET A BUYER'S BROKER! Contact us for a FREE consultation!

12/16/2014

William C.

I used Janis to help me purchase a rental property. We saw a few places and I purchased shortly thereafter and felt I got the right deal on a great place. Janis is an A+ communicator and hard worker. She is very tied into the Columbus OH Short North/Victorian Village/Italian Village/Harrison West area, and her knowledge of that area was quite valuable to me. Janis is somewhat talkative whereas I'm very terse and a fast mover, but once she got used to my style, we worked great together. Janis actually went out of her way to help me get a lower price due to some need repairs on the property I purchased, so I felt she really looks out for her clients and fights for them. Janis is a little more casual and quirky than your typical agent, and while some may find that somewhat off-putting (as one of the previous reviewers did), I actually found her quite personable and for me the bottom-line is that she produced positive and timely results, which is how I measure the people I do business with. I feel like Janis is a valued team member, and kind of agent that I could have a long term business relationship with and I will use her again on my next property purchase. Getting a B rating from me represents a very solid performance, as I don't give out A's very often here.

Description of Work
Buyer's Broker

10/01/2014

Stephanie S.

She showed us a few homes and wasn't the most professional. She accidentally called me at 1 am and said she'd meant to send a text - which still isn't appropriate. Her personality and attitude wasn't the most inviting. We found another Realtor.

Description of Work
We were looking at purchasing a new home and enlisted her help.

Category real estate agents

Well this saddens me. These buyers behaved rather oddly from the beginning. The late night phone incident was not appropriate I agree, however it involved my having a new phone and trying to text a family member with a similar number, and I apologized profusely at the time. I think that occasionally (fortunately its rare) there can be a personality rub between a prospective client and a Real Estate Agent. I'm glad that these folks found someone to work with and were able to find a nice home.

01/03/2012

Melissa J.

Janis was recommended to us by good friends and we are so glad they did! We weren't sure we would be able to find a house in a great area with our budget. However, when we found the perfect house in UA Janis helped us get the bid in. She worked late on several nights to make sure we got the contract for this home. My husband and I couldn't be happier. Janis was also a great fit for us since we are artists and she knew what kind of space would work for us since she is also an artist! I would highly recommend Janis, her experience helped us get our home and her personality made it a pleasure to work with her!

Description of Work
Janis is our real estate agent and helped us find the perfect house for us in Upper Arlington.

10/16/2008

Dale C.

Very smooth once we were able to get around the banks.

Description of Work
Sold my house quickly and efficiently.

Category real estate agents

Buyer or Seller representation offered.

Financing Available