Hometown Handyman

Founded 2007 • With Angi since July 2008

P.O. Box 292538

Columbus, OH 43229

3 employees. Occasionally uses subs for labor. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. No service charges. Extra charge for after-hours service. May contact through email....

10/23/2015

Katy S.

My bathroom fan was dripping water in the wintertime. I found that the ductwork was not attached to any outside vent. I called for an estimate, they were very prompt and came to our house at the appointed time. I purchased the new fan. He installed a vent duct in the roof and ran ductwork down to the new fan that he installed. He also removed the old one and cleaned up after. He did a fabulous job and the fan works perfectly

Description of Work
He changed my bathroom ventillation fan/light.

Category electrician,handyman service,lighting,plumbing,ceiling fans

08/13/2015

Mark D.

Hometown Handyman was one of only two companies that responded to my inquery and the only one that followed up. However, I felt the estimate was too steep for my budget although after taking 15 hours to install it myself (with the help of my nephew), it was reasonable.

Description of Work
Provided a cost estimate for putting up my new DIY shed.

07/14/2015

ALYSON D.

I lucked out with a last-minute emergency, and the company was great in responding quickly and well to my needs.

Description of Work
Helped remove and replace a doorframe and move in/install a washer-dryer.

Category handyman service,doors

06/17/2015

PAULA W.

Ando and his crew removed old indoor/outdoor carpeting from large area in kitchen & bath. Once they pulled it up they discovered the padding had begun to stick to the vinyl flooring underneath. They not only removed the carpet and tack strips but also scrubbed the underlying floor until it was clean. In replacing the wax ring in an upstairs toilet he discovered and leak and damage to the wood around it. They stopped the leak temporarily and put the toilet back together and said they could come out again to repair the damage and permanently fix the leak. We were very happy with the service.

Description of Work
He removed the indoor/outdoor carpeting in our kitchen, pantry & bathroom. He also replaced the wax ring on 2 toilets. He did some spackling to walls.

Category handyman service,plumbing

01/06/2015

PAULA W.

Ando Johnson and his helpers finished the job quickly and at the agreed on price. They filled in the holes left by the support posts. They pointed out that the upper level of the deck now needed a safety railing on one side. They created a handrail from the pieces of discarded lumber that matched the look and function of the rest of the deck railings at no extra charge. They hauled away the debris and leveled the area. We are very happy with the work done.

Description of Work
Demolished the lower portion of our back deck at our request.

Category contractors,handyman service,hauling services

01/06/2015

PAULA W.

Ando did the work quickly and well. He advised us that a chimney extension might be needed to improve the draw and to seek out a chimney/ fireplace contractor for a consultation. I appreciate the depth of his knowledge on home repair subjects and his willingness to admit when he is not an expert. at something. Both traits are valuable in a contractor.

Description of Work
He removed a wind guard from our chimney and fixed hearth front piece on fireplace and secured a loose brick. He replaced the kitchen faucet and installed water line shut off valved below it and added on a water filter. He replaced a connector for the ice maker waterline on fridge.

Category appliance repair,handyman service,plumbing,remodeling,chimney repair,home remodeling

11/12/2014

C J C.

Due to the age of the house, a number of electrical and plumbing repairs were needed. Ando inspected my house water and electrical systems to advise me on what may needfixing/changing. He is very knowledgable about home repair. I didn't even know that my sump pump had stopped working until he pointed that out. The garbage disposal was rusted and had a bit of leakage on the underside. Ando came over several times to take care of the problems. He inspected my house water and electrical systems to advise me on what needed to be fixed/changed. He is very knowledgable about home repair and gave me advice on how plumbing and electrical things worked. On one of his visits, he had help from Ryan, who installed the three timer switches to replace older ones that had become unpredictable while Ando installed the new sump pump. Reasonable pricing for the time and effort spent on the repairs. Older houses and fixtures present their own set of problems with rust and corrosion, and Ando was able to handle them quite well. Ando does very neat work. He also tidied up the work areas afterwards very well.

Description of Work
Sump pump replacement, garbage disposal replacement, installed vanity faucet replacement, replaced shower cylinder and diverter assemblies, toilet repairs for 2 units had a problem with leaking, toilet repair for a third unit that had a leak and had floor damage due to seeping water, replacement of worn electrical outlets that were having a problem holding whatever was plugged in, installed 3 light timer switches to replace older ones.

Category appliance repair,electrician,handyman service,lighting,plumbing,wells

07/01/2014

James R.

I didn't get him do anything less. I have used him for over probably 8 years. We did all kinds of things with him. We started away in Grove City so we were calling him if we have a bunch of things to do at one time. He make it work and just keep coming out. The experience went pretty well.

Description of Work
I use Hometown Handyman all the time.

05/28/2014

Cathrine H.

Emerson was great. Very nice and I felt very comfortable leaving him alone in the house. Project took longer than originally estimated, but company stuck to the estimate.

Description of Work
Pulled up subfloor and repaired ceramic tile in the entry way. Painted ceilings, reattached siding and repaired some wood damage.

Category ceramic tile,handyman service,siding,interior painters

03/03/2014

Margaret H.

Went great, Todd was on time and did a great job.

Description of Work
Dry wall repair

Plant Masonry

Family owned. Additional contact name - Jerry Plant. Additional email - jerryplant@plantmasonry.com.

Offers by Plant Masonry on Angi
    Innovate Home Org - Columbus Glass Block

18 Super Service Award Wins! Columbus Glass Block; Bath Doctor (1 day tub/shower liner install); Innovate Home Org (home organization systems) all are divisions of Innovate Building Solutions. COLUMBUS GLASS BLOCK-We offer glass blocks for windows, showers, walls, and bars. We also have some cool lines of glass floors and stair treads. (www.innovatebuildingsolutions.com) BATH DOCTOR-helps customers with acrylic bathtub & shower liners and enclosures, wall surrounds, bath accessories, bath to shower conversions, and complete bathroom remodeling. (www.innovatebuildingsolutions.com) INNOVATE HOME ORG-we help design, build and install a professional home organization system - but to show you innovative products which are sustainable and designed to improve your space. Whether you’re looking for a closet organizer, garage, pantry or laundry room cabinets, or a murphy bed, home office or mud room organization system, we’re here to help you improve your home. (http://innovatehomeorg.com/)

Closets By Design

Since 1982, we've built a reputation of integrity as the industry leader in customer service and total customer satisfaction. From our no obligation in-home consultation, custom tailored designs and the highest quality product construction; our products simply offer the best value in the industry. Can you imagine your home totally organized? We can. Closets by Design take detailed measurements and explore your endless storage possibilities Once your system is designed, we go to work at our state-of-the-art factory. Each unit is built to your specifications and an installation team will install the units quickly and neatly. We look forward to impressing you!

Handyman, plumbing, electrical, decks, fences, flooring, drywall repair, tile, caulking, interior & exterior painting, doors, windows, screens, interior & exterior trim, gutters, soffit, fascia, roofing, chimneys, skylights, cabinets, kitchens, bathrooms, basements, basic landscaping, minor repairs, power-washing, & hauling

Large concrete jobs, asphalt paving, & carpet