Efficient Electric Corp

Founded 1978 • With Angi since August 1995

Efficient Electric Corp. was formed in July, 1978 in Columbus, Ohio. The company mission was, and still is, to provide quality electrical installation services to people and other companies at a reasonable price. Additionally, there have been too few companies that provide 24-hour emergency service in the central Ohio area, whether it be a homeowner who loses power in the middle of the night, or a business that loses power or has other electrical problems that interfere with the operation of the business during normal business hours. Efficient Electric Corp. provides emergency electrical service 24/7, simply by calling the office at any hour of the night or day. Efficient Electric Corp. does residential and commercial work. We do industrial work, fire alarms wiring, motor controls, electric gates, and access control systems. The company also provides fire, flood (or other calamity) restoration services.We do not do highway or high tension work. 25 employees. No subs. Charges an hourly rate. Same rates 24/7. Additional e-mail - pgabbert@efficient-electric.com, khavice@efficient-electric.com. Award winning. Additional contact name - Jim Ruisinger ....

A Service Provider's profile image

electrician (1016)lighting (157)ceiling fan installation (76)generator service (18)appliance repair (18)landscape lighting (9)HVAC Companies (8)cable tv (2)gas leak repair (1)

10/02/2022

Suzanne R.

It went very well. The work was done when promised and the generator works very well. Troy was very nice to work with.

Description of Work
new generator installed

Category appliance repair, generator service

Work Completed On 09/06/2022

Thank you so much for the work opportunity! We look forward to helping you with in future electrical needs!

05/13/2021

Jerry M.

No problem. They were on time and found and fixed the problem quickly.

Description of Work
Power was out in two rooms

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

03/18/2021

Sharon M.

Mike was able to show up early and while battling 40* temps and balmy winds was able to replace the downlights with the fan/ light remotes in a very timely fashion. I was so very happy to have a professional do this installation.

Description of Work
Replacing 2 downlights on our exterior front porch with a fan/ light remote.

Work Completed On 03/18/2021

Thank you for the opportunity! We look forward to helping with any future electrical needs!

03/04/2021

Alicia Renee C.

They did a great job. The projects were completed in the quoted timeframe. I received a fast response when I first inquired about getting a quote on my projects. They were also great with a fast reschedule because of the weather it would have affected the quality. We scheduled for sunday and rescheduled for tuesday only 2 days later. They were quite professional and friendly. I would deffinately hire them again for my next electrical project needs!

Description of Work
Bathroom fan install & additional outlet

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

11/18/2020

Kenneth F.

The job went well and didn’t take a lot of time

Description of Work
Repair of my ceiling fan

Category appliance repair, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

11/17/2020

JOHN S.

Good service - quick and professional.

Description of Work
Reattach electric service box to outside of house.

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

10/29/2020

Michael W.

Excellent. On time and complete in less than an hour. Way beloe my expected cost. Will hire again if needed. Recommend to anyone need their services.

Description of Work
fix power to some outlets and switches

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

10/13/2020

Shari B.

Great. Mike was very professional and helpful.

Description of Work
Dimmers installed on 3 lightswitches

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

10/02/2020

Carol K.

Mike came and looked at the outside electrical box and knew actually what to do to fix it. Made the repair and hung the outside light very quickly. Also, made an adjustment to another outside light that needed tightening.

Description of Work
Fixed outside electrical box and installed new outside light

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

09/01/2020

Guy A.

They showed up on time and went to work in my attic. They removed my old bathroom vent and installed a new one that I bought at Lowe's in less than an hour. Both gentleman were extremely nice and very respectful. I couldn't be happier with the service.

Description of Work
Bathroom Vent Installation

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

07/16/2020

Cathy M.

Great, quick and less than expected

Description of Work
Ceiling fan install

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

Review for Efficient Electric Corp - 4800 Groves Rd, Columbus, OH - 38723051

06/22/2020

Jeff B.

They did a great job, it only took about 45 minutes.

Description of Work
Needed a 3 prong plug installed for a new dishwasher

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

06/20/2020

Pat B.

Excellent , professional, punctual and reasonably priced

Description of Work
Ceiling fan removal & new installment. Terminate exterior 220 line.

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

06/18/2020

JILL D.

Our representative was very professional and punctual. He was able to solve the problems quickly. Great company!!

Description of Work
One light switch was not working and our ceiling fan switch would not control the fan,

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

06/13/2020

Ed S.

went great! Arrived on time. fast work. Fixed! Friendly technician. Good price.

Description of Work
3 outlets dead

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

06/09/2020

Chris P.

I had a house fire last month. Everyone is safe, but the house is going to need a lot of work. We had an electrician from Efficient come out to restore power to a basement outlet so I could run my irrigation system. On May 26th he said not only did he get the outlet powered, he resorted power to the house for the contractors to use for their power tools while rebuilding the house. I went to the house on 5/27 to plug in my irrigation system and there was no power. I turned on lights throughout the house and still no power. I plugged items in outlets throughout the house and there wasn’t power. So I called and complained. The electrician’s supervisor told me that he did restore power the the whole house and the outlet for my irrigation system. So now I’m very upset. I went to the burned house with a lamp, blender, and iPhone with charger. I made a video of myself plugging everything into the outlet he said had power and plugged the items into outlets throughout the house to PROVE there was no power!!! I decided to get another electrician. The new guy from a different company restored power to the outlet and showed me that the guy from Efficient DIDNT do what he told his supervisor over and over that he did! Every single wire in the fuse box was dangling and none of the wires were labeled. I do not recommend this company at all! They totally lied to everyone involved.

Description of Work
Power restored to a basement outlet

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

Review for Efficient Electric Corp - 4800 Groves Rd, Columbus, OH - 38628866

First of all we was contracted by a Fire Restoration Contractor (Not Mr. [Member Name Removed]) to come out and check out the damages from the fire. We went thru the entire Electrical System and disconnected everything from the breakers except for what we knew was not damaged (which is normal procedure). Then we was asked to get power to the Irrigation System so we sent a tech back out to do this, the tech took a picture with his tester plugged into the Irrigation Receptacle showing it had power. We tried to meet Mr. [Member Name Removed] on site Friday 6/5 to go over the items that he was wanting restored but he declined meeting us. So we energized all the items we felt comfortable energizing at the time without knowing the full extent of the damages until the Builder was able to open up more areas. I just hope the other Electrician took in consideration that there may be damaged wires behind drywall he could not see or the Fire Department may be back out. We tried to do everything to please this Customer but unfortunately we could not, the down side is we was never contracted by him and he still wrote a bad review on Angie's List. All of this could have been avoided if the homeowner would have met the tech onsite. Best of Wishes

06/08/2020

Karen S.

Work was completed quickly, efficiently and professionally. The electrician was very skilled. Would definitely use Efficient Electric again!

Description of Work
Outdoor electrical outlet repaired.

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

06/03/2020

BILL & BARBARA M.

Dave the electrician was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. Job went fine.

Description of Work
Replace ceiling fan

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

05/28/2020

Mark S.

Removal of old fan and installation of new fan went very well... no issues! The electrician was experienced and knew exactly what needed to be done. We are well pleased.

Description of Work
Replace old ceiling fan with new fan.

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

05/07/2020

Chaundra C.

We called about our problem and received an appointment for about 2 days later. The technician arrived on time for this appointment. He was very courteous and thorough. Found the problem and fixed it within one hour. He was honest about our questions related to the age of our electric box and did not try to sell us any other services that would not have been necessary right now. We appreciated that. Cost of services $126.

Description of Work
Breaker on electric box had tripped and wouldn't reset -no power to our upstairs

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

12/31/2019

Jackie V.

It went fine and I'm happy with the service.

Description of Work
They remove the chandelier and move the lights, also they did a whole house source protector.

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 12/17/2019

10/26/2019

Marie S.

From calling to set up appointment, spoke to Ashley; she was kind and professional and would have scheduled me sooner, but my first available time was two days later. She gave me the cost of the services to install outlet; the name of the Licensed Electrician (Miguel) and the window of time he would be there 12-4 P.M. Miguel called in advance at 12:24 with a 30 minute arrival time and arrived at 12:50 on the scheduled day. He was very professional and knowledgable, came prepared with the materials he would need to install the outlet, as I had described in detail in my email when contacting this company. I was very pleased and now, without a doubt, would contact this company again, the next time I need an electrician.

Description of Work
Installed Outlet for new dishwasher installation

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

09/04/2019

Jennifer S.

Covered an open junction box in the attic, bonded/grounded gas line in crawl space, worked on several receptacles and breaker panel. I was able to schedule a free estimate quickly. Very happy with the guys who came out because they explained everything they were doing and why even though I had a pretty good idea from the home inspection report. Also- the house has a small, disgusting crawl space that they had to go in to do some of the work and they were totally fine with it.

Description of Work
Repairs in response to home inspection upon purchase of house