Ecohouse Solar

Founded 2008 • With Angi since July 2011

1809 Obrien Rd

Columbus, OH 43228

Ecohouse helps homeowners and small business owners in Central Ohio reduce their utility bills and impact on the environment by installing high quality Solar Energy systems. Since 2008, Ecohouse has designed and installed hundreds of Solar Energy systems and has helped many families and small businesses reduce their utility expenses. We are committed to great customer service and the professional solar installations. Ecohouse solar installers are NAPCEP certified. Ecohouse offers financing with interest rates as low as 2%....

solar companies (32)home energy audit (12)

03/20/2022

Dale P.

Very impressed with work Ecohouse did for us. Solar panels work well with our backup generator and net metering (AEP). Panels installed on barn requiring upgrade of old breaker panel and reuse of existing underground to house. We chose Ecohouse because they were the only company who could make the existing system work without installing new underground and in adapting system to accommodate multiple out buildings and generator. Mike Hopper and the entire crew were professional and responsive, taking the time to explain the system (including the phone app), and making sure we were informed of the schedule and process. Total price is before tax incentives and included replacement of breaker panel. Our February electric bill was $0.22.

Description of Work
Installation of solar panels and inverter

Work Completed On 01/05/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed], for your review and your business. We enjoyed making this important project a reality for you!

06/21/2021

Thomas H.

Interviewed three installation companies and chose Ecohouse based on knowledge, price, and previous reviews. Very pleased with the completion of the project and the results I'm seeing in power production. Project leader, Mike Hopper, walked me through each step of the process and listened to suggestions and comments I had about the design and integration with my property. Completed several steps while I was away, which led to some miscommunication, but I am pleased with the results. I expect the system to save me a lot of money and by being finished in time for summer (a month ahead of schedule), the bills are already looking amazing.

Description of Work
Solar Panel Installation

Work Completed On 05/20/2021

11/12/2019

Joanne W.

Excellent service. Very professional staff. Work was done efficiently. All questions were answered. I did not solicit quotes from multiple providers so I cannot comment on price.

Description of Work
Installation of solar panels on house roof

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

10/18/2019

Casey R.

The team at Ecohouse solar were fantastic to work with! There was no pressure from Keith, instead he provided multiple options to us, answered a slew of questions and we never felt like he was trying to 'over sell' a single thing. I don't often write reviews, but I'll write as many as possible for this company because it was truly that great of an experience!

Description of Work
Solar Panel Installation

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

09/09/2019

Andrew L.

They were professional and highly knowledgeable from start to finish. No surprises, and the system is performing as projected. Everyone should go solar if they can finance the system -- it will save lots of money in the long run. And Ecohouse is a great company to work with!

Description of Work
6.83 kWp system

Work Completed On 05/29/2019

01/25/2019

JOHN J.

I very highly recommend Ecohouse Solar if you are located in central Ohio. We contracted with them in 2018 to provide our rooftop photovoltaic system. General Manager Keith Dimoff was exceedingly patient, helpful and accommodating through several design iterations, as I dove deeper into available technologies, and changed my mind about what to optimize. (Beyond simply payback time, or rate of return, I also considered low maintenance, durability, lifespan, and expandability.) Keith was remarkably conscious of the final aesthetics in designing and installing the system. Everyone we interacted with from Ecohouse was friendly, easy to get along with, competent, considerate, and conscientious. Ecohouse handled all of the paperwork (permits, permissions from the power company, etc.), which was wonderful as far as I’m concerned; I hate that stuff.

Description of Work
Design and installation of PV solar system

Work Completed On 04/15/2018

Review for Ecohouse Solar - 1809 Obrien Rd, Columbus, OH - 37678434

01/07/2019

Dennis H.

Total project was $38K. Involved running new main wire to house and upgrade Electric Panel. Panels installed on the Pole Barn and backfed to house. Great process, start to finish. Used Key Bank (Dublin, off Avery rd Branch) for financing. They do alot of the loans so they know what they are doing. We got 2.5% interest rate for 7 year loan.

Description of Work
39 commercial grade Solar Panel System

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

Review for Ecohouse Solar - 1809 Obrien Rd, Columbus, OH - 37642829

02/05/2018

Thomas D.

Ecohouse did a great job from start to finish. Professional from the start of the design and bidding process through completion. No shenanigans, just a great job. I would highly recommend you contact them if you are looking to go solar.

Description of Work
Home solar power system installation in Granville area.

Work Completed On 12/21/2017

01/30/2018

Matthew M.

Ecohouse Solar was first rate from start to finish. I cannot recommend them highly enough. They were most helpful in leading me through the steps. They took care of all the permits etc. and really made the entire process easy and transparent. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
I had a 4.6 Kwr Solar System installed on my roof here in Columbus, Ohio.

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

Review for Ecohouse Solar - 1809 Obrien Rd, Columbus, OH - 36793120

01/27/2018

michael H.

We contracted with Ecohouse Solar in the summer of 2017 to have solar panels installed on our roof. We chose Ecohouse Solar because we wanted to support our local business community in Columbus, Ohio, but as importantly, we had also received high recommendations from several home owners who contracted with Ecohouse prior to our contractual agreement. The company staff were very knowledgeable about their product and provided us with a very good design plan. Subsequent installation went very smoothly. Their company also provided professional guidance to us as we worked with County Inspection and our electricity provider AEP. Ecohouse also directed us to a State program which provides very low interest rate loans to home owners installing energy efficiency products. We are also looking forward to receiving the 30% tax exemption on our purchase. We look forward to seeing our electric bills get smaller each month, while also knowing that we are doing our part to make a positive impact on our environment.

Description of Work
Installation of Solar Panels

Work Completed On 09/11/2017

Review for Ecohouse Solar - 1809 Obrien Rd, Columbus, OH - 36787805

01/17/2018

Dustin G.

Obviously this review is for those that are already researching their own solar project. My wife and I started discussing the idea for our own project in 2015. What started out as a fantasy turned into a reality with Ecohouse Solar and their professional staff. Projects like these require quite a bit of research, planning, and time, but I am guessing that these are hurdles you are willing to overcome with your ambitions. My wife and I enjoyed every step of our project, and with our system approaching its first year of production, we couldn’t be more thrilled to help Ecohouse Solar getting the word out to others who are looking to design and install their own system.

Description of Work
Solar Installation

Work Completed On 05/06/2017

Review for Ecohouse Solar - 1809 Obrien Rd, Columbus, OH - 36762502

05/21/2017

Jill G.

We had our solar panels installed about 2 weeks ago. The entire process took around 4 months to complete. Once you get the paperwork and loan details all taken care of the installation is so quick. The panels went up in a day and they were producing energy in a few days after. We were so impressed with how simple it all was. Ecohouse Solar made the whole process easy and gave us step by step instructions on what to do and how everything would happen. They were very personable and professional. They answered all our questions and were easy to communicate with. We are so happy with our decision to use a renewable resource and hopefully encourage others to do the same.

Description of Work
Solar Panel System for our home.

Work Completed On 05/05/2017

Review for Ecohouse Solar - 1809 Obrien Rd, Columbus, OH - 35083991

04/25/2017

Suzanne R.

Kevin Eigel was very prompt to set up an in house appointment. He emailed an extensive quote in about 10 days. He followed up with a phone call to try to help answer questions. I would buy from this company if I could afford to put in solar panel.

Description of Work
quote only

Work Completed On 04/18/2017

02/26/2017

Nicholas K.

Through the process, our questions were answered patiently and everything explained thoroughly, and the installation was scheduled around our existing vacation plans. Since coming on-line for good after the final inspection, the array has been completely autonomous, requiring no maintenance, and the power generation has been very similar to the projections over the first month. In all, we are very happy with their work and services.

Description of Work
We had a very good experience with Ecohouse Solar and would recommend them to anyone interested in photovoltaic solar panels. They designed and installed a 10 kW array on our roof, making almost complete usage of the available space using American made materials. They also organized and coordinated installation of a 18 kW Natural Gas backup generator, intertying both systems so the solar array goes offline and the generator backup comes online automatically when the grid goes down.

Work Completed On 01/25/2017

01/16/2017

Thomas S.

Went smooth start to finish. Produce clean electricity with significant savings on our energy bills.

Description of Work
30 solar panels installed

Review for Ecohouse Solar - 1809 Obrien Rd, Columbus, OH - 35143585

01/09/2017

Paul G.

Quite well. The installation passed inspection the first time. The township inspector said this was the first solar panel installation that he had seen pass the first time.

Description of Work
Installation of 39 solar panels on my roof.

Work Completed On 05/05/2015

11/07/2016

Thomas S.

Installation went as discussed. Maintenance free source of power. Dramatically reduced AEP bills.

Description of Work
30 solar panels installed 1 1/2 years ago. 8.25 kw. Consult/installation went well.

Work Completed On 06/10/2015

11/19/2015

Lisa L.

They were wonderful! Knowledgeable, prompt, clean, and genuinely amazing people to work with! They believe in their product without being promotional and obviously care about their professionalism- a true pleasure to do business with in every way!

Description of Work
Installed house solar panels

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

07/13/2015

V JOAN C.

Everything went smoothly except for one accident while we were away for the weekend; an exterior faucet was damaged and water was leaking inside the house, to which Ecohouse did not have access. Ecohouse handled this well, having our water shut off, arranging for a plumber, and absorbing all the expenses. We ended up with a better faucet than before. We had two other bids and Ecohouse was definitely the most price-competitive. Kevin and the staff are very knowledgeable and happy to explain details if you're interested, which I was.

Description of Work
discussed, analyzed, and install 12 solar panels (3.66 kw total) on my 45° roof, handling all the electrical subcontracting, various permits and inspections, establishing account for solar energy credits -- a real "turnkey" install.

Work Completed On 04/30/2015

06/17/2015

Paul G.

Fine. Work was done neatly and professionally. Employees were efficient and courteous. Finished system passed inspection the first time. Inspector said that is rare.

Description of Work
Install 10.5 kW solar electric system.

Work Completed On 06/10/2015

01/26/2015

Emily W.

We had the solar paneling installed over the summer and the folks from Ecohouse they had a very competitive bid. They were able to make recommendations on the siding, whether it would be a good idea to get solar. They did an excellent job with the installation. They also helped us arrange incentives in financing and things like that and also the city of Columbus permitting process is a nightmare and they've helped us for that as well, and also having to work with the power company to make sure our system was appropriate. But, that said from the time we signed the contract till the time we had our solar panels installed was just a matter of weeks, and most of that was the permit process which is out of their control. It's $10,000 and that's a system covering 95% of our power.

Description of Work
We had solar panels installed and that was a pretty big project and there are a huge amount of people we got but we went with the company called Ecohouse Solar.

Work Completed On 06/11/2014

04/13/2014

FRANK M.

We began working with Kevin in October after attending a solar tour of some of the homes where he installed solar panels. He came to our home and we looked at several alternative proposals he presented. After we decided on the type and number of panels we wanted it took some time before the permits could be obtained from the city of Columbus. There were a few bumps in the road but eventually everything was insstalled as proposed.

Description of Work
Installed 16 solar panels.

Work Completed On 04/11/2014

02/28/2014

Antoinette E.

My electrical bills has tripled over the last few months even though I have a high efficiency gas furnace. I wanted to figure out the cause of this and also explore solar panels because at the rate I've been paying electricity, I might as well install solar panels. Kevin explained as a Columbia Gas customer, I could get an audit for a much reduced price ($50) and he assured me they were high quality. He suggested the best way to go would be to get the audit done and take advantage of the Columbia Gas and AEP rebates to make the home more high efficiency. He said if I still wanted solar panels after that, eh'd be happy to help me. I am writing this review as the 4 hour energy audit is being performed through ColumbIa Gas, and it is most impressive. Very grateful to Kevin for his assistance, he could have sold me a $500 audit if he'd wanted to. I will certainly contact him in future if other needs arise.

Description of Work
I contacted Kevin about having an energy audit done and possibly installing solar panels. Kevin called me back within a few hours and after talking with him, he suggested I take another route, which is why I ended up not using his services at this time.