Drain Connection

Founded 1992 • With Angi since October 1996

PO Box 14163

Columbus, OH 43214

3 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. License #: 33308.

08/07/2017

Beth A.

Very experienced and very professional--no shortcuts taken. The job was done right, even when they encountered problems with summer storms, etc.

Description of Work
New drains installed from the downspout to the street.

07/24/2017

BARB S.

Andrew answered my initial call promptly and arranged time to come to my home for estimate. I paid $100 to have the drain snaked to determine if the drain was clogged or collapsed. Andrew wanted to cut through the driveway pad extension to run the new drainpipe, as that would be more direct line connection. I don't want to cut the pad, as to replace the concrete would be unsightly and not adhere well to the original concrete (and I'd have to incur additional time and expense for quotes from companies to do small-job concrete patch).

Description of Work
Asked for quote on replacing/repairing damaged underground water drain from downspout to street.

05/27/2017

Scott H.

They did an excellent job. They carefully tore off and replaced the sod after they dug the trench and installed the pipe. They did everything they said they were going to do and completed the job in one day. Everything looks and works great!

Description of Work
Drain Connection installed 146 feet of exterior drain line and dug a drain pan for my sump pump and 3 down spouts.

05/21/2017

MARY G.

They were supposed to have cleared the outside drain. I don't know what is involved in that. I only know that when it rained today I had a lot of water in my basement. I will have to find someone else to take care of the problem. What I paid the Drain Connection previously was a waste of money.

Description of Work
This is my second review of Drain Connection. This time I am reviewing them based on the fact that when it rained today I had a lot of water in my basement after the rain. I thought that was what I had paid them for--to clear the outside drain so I would not have rain water in my basement.

Category drain cleaning

05/04/2017

Marilyn F.

They were great, The price was really good for that service.

Description of Work
Put in sewer line from the downspout to the street

04/28/2017

MARY G.

I had hired Drain Connection in the past and all went well. Recently hired them to check my outside drains and the appointment time I was given was 2:30. I was in my basement a while between 1 and 1:30 with washer and dryer running. I was upstairs by 2 and heard a knock. Drain Connection man was there and complained that he had knocked on my door and rung the doorbell but got no answer. I explained that I was in my basement and hand’t heard him. He was not satisfied with my explanation and just glowed at me, looking very angry. He said he had done the work. I paid him and he left. I kept wondering if I had written down the wrong appointment time and I called to apologize if I had got the time wrong. I got a call back later and the person was extremely rude, mocked me in a tone of voice that I do not use and laughed at me. He never did answer my question which was to verify the appointment time. I still don’t know if I had gotten that wrong, but regardless, hie rudeness was inexcusable. I didn’t know that I was expected to sit by my front door all day in case they showed up early.

Description of Work
I had my gutters cleaned by a different company and I was told that I needed to have my outside drain checked out and cleaned.

Category drain cleaning

04/28/2017

KENNETH H.

Everything went great. Tyler and Adam arrived early to get started and worked throughout the day to complete the job. They were professional and courteous. I got a good explanation of everything they were planning on doing before they started and they followed through with all of it. Good cleanup work. I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
110' of underground exterior drainage had to be replaced.

12/26/2016

LAUREN B.

They did a great job and very efficient

Description of Work
Unclogged exterior downspout drain

Category gutter cleaning, drain pipe

11/14/2016

Stephen M.

Andrew Kiefner and his colleague did an outstanding job on our exterior drains. We first called Andrew very late afternoon on 12/14/2015, heard back from him at 8:30 AM the next day 12/15/2015, he arrived at our house at 11:50 AM, and our first two drains were snaked, tested, and the ``root log'' removed by 12:30 PM. They did both drains for the price of one! I did not realize the third drain was blocked so we did not look at that one. I realized this later and called them back at 8:30 AM on 12/16/2015. They called me back 5 minutes later, and we scheduled in the third drain work for Monday, 12/21/2015 at 8:00 AM. Despite a heavy rain-storm, they arrived at 8:00 AM, 12/21/2015, and did the described significant work on our third drain. Andrew Kiefner and his colleague were extremely efficient, professional, and helpful in all ways. We got great value, service, more than our money's worth, and would most definitely use them again.

Description of Work
On 12/15/2015 Andrew Kiefner and his colleague snaked and tested two tile drains (each from one of our house (gutter) downspouts to the street curb). At the street end of one of these drains they cut off and removed a think 4 foot long ``root log'' which had blocked the drain. On 12/21/2015, they did significant work to replace the last two feet (at the street curb) of a third tile drain from our house (gutter) downspout to the street curb, which was also blocked. This work involved digging down to and cutting off a 6 inch diameter tree root that had collapsed the end of the drain pipe. They also greatly improved the slop and drainage through the end of this drain pipe. All areas were cleaned up and repaired when they were done. Everything here was done in a very timely, professional, and helpful manner. Andrew Kiefner and his colleague were great to work with.

11/02/2016

P F.

1, Work was satisfactorily completed with minimum disruption to the lawn. Drain water now goes into the street, 2, Gaps in the downspouts have been taken care of.

Description of Work
1.Downspouts needed to be connected so they would drain out into the street rather than on the front lawn. 2.Due to the ground settling, downspouts had pulled away from pipes in the group making a large gap.

10/07/2016

Liz J.

I am very pleased with the work completed by Drain Connection. During the call, an estimated price was provided. They were able to come out the day after I contacted the company and repair the down spout. Tyler was very professional and polite.

Description of Work
Repair to damaged down spout.

06/28/2016

DIANA M.

Scheduled service for second day from my initial call. Tyler showed up on time or a bit early. Fortunately he was able to tighten packing nut rather than need to replace old valve unit. He checked for leaks. Only here about 15 minutes or so. Tyler was calm, quiet and explained work before and after job.

Description of Work
Fix leaking main water shut off valve by tightening nut we couldn't budge.

06/21/2016

DONNA B.

Arrived as scheduled and worked diligently and were very professional. Problem of water pooling in yard has resolved.

Description of Work
Placed 5 yard drains, each 11x11 inches, as well as French drains,

04/17/2016

Brent B.

They gave me a fair price and their service was well beyond expectations. Quite simply they did everything they said they would do...showed up on time, performed the agreed upon work, cleaned up, and followed up to make sure I was happy. In my experience it is rare that you find a company like this. Would us them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Storm Drainage

03/29/2016

Steve M.

Our shower head had a slow dripping leak. I contacted Drain Connection and they told me it was most likely the cartridge. They even told me that if I could figure out the cartridge and bought it myself that they would only have to charge me for the service charge and not for the part. Andy was upfront with me on the costs and they were fast and friendly. Another company I had called wanted $100 for the service charge but wouldn't give me a price for the parts so I really appreciated Andy giving me a rough idea beforehand. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Changed cartridge in shower

12/16/2015

LAURA N.

The service was great. It is nice when things go well without any problems.

Description of Work
Installed a new toilet and removed the old one.

11/23/2015

MONIKA W.

He was able to come out in a very timely manner; the same day and that was amazing.

Description of Work
They fixed and augured a toilet.

10/25/2015

Marguerite D.

He called to say he was running early. Arrived promptly, explained what he was doing, did the job efficiently and cleaned up all materials. Complete job was done by the time he was originally scheduled to arrive. Best contractor I have worked with in ages. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced our sump pump.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

10/13/2015

Kim S.

Excellent job with quality work! The price was comparable to other estimates we received but, unlike others, they used a sod cutter so we didn't have a dug up section of our yard after the job was completed. They were very professional and went above what we expected to resolve the problem and leave the yard looking like it hadn't been touched. They also contacted the township for the follow-up inspection instead of leaving that to us. This is the second time we have hired them and we wouldn't hesitate to do so in the future.

Description of Work
Ran an underground drain pipe from the back of the house to the storm sewer in our backyard.

08/21/2015

MARY G.

He arrived on time and got right to work. He checked out the gutters and the downspout. He was very thorough and was here quite a while. It was good to hear that the downspout and outside drain were clear and that the problem is just with the gutters which will have to be done soon.

Description of Work
Checked out my downspout and gutters. I was atraid that the outside drain had got clogged with tree roots as after a very hard rain there had been a little water in a corner of my basement. He said the downspout was clear but the problem was from the gutters which will have to be cleaned.

08/06/2015

MITCHELL E I.

The first Three years everything worked just fine. In 2014 the lines were frozen from February until April. In 2015 the lines were frozen from February until March. I recently contacted the company I told them the problem I was having with the pipes freezing. Andy Kiefner is who I spoke with I asked him for a solution to the problem I am having. He would not give a solution. So I then asked to come out and dig the pipes up, and bury them lower into the ground. He then stated he refused to come out to my home and fix the problem. After I suggested this solution and he refused he hung up on me.

Description of Work
They came and installed drainage from the down spouts, and the sump pump to the street.

Category drain pipe

Dear sir I think we need to be clear on how this conversation took place. Ween I spoke with you this afternoon I explained several times about how extremely cold the last two winters have been. This is the reason we got aprox 200 calls last winter about frozen discharge lines. Home owners all over Columbus were having the same problem. Home Depot and Lowes sold out of temporary sump pump discharge lines sever times this last winter because of demand. I then asked you what you wanted me to do. Your reply was for us to come out and re dig the entire system under warranty. First of all you got a one year warranty with your new system. This system is over 5 years old. I then explained to you that I could not perform that service under warranty. Your reply was you would have to call a different company. I then said ok and hung up the phone. Your F rating and response is quite a bit off of our conversation. Thanks Drain Connection

08/02/2015

Jeffrey T.

They responded to our last email by saying that they were not interested in the job. This was a very unprofessional response, given that they were clearly interested in setting up an appointment with us in the first place. The fact that they were unwilling to come by to give us an estimate without us physically being present is a poor business practice. We won't bother contacting this company again for future services.

Description of Work
We contacted the provider regarding getting an estimate on downspout repairs (with a full description of the problem), via an email from the Angie's List system. They responded saying that we should call their office to schedule an appointment. We replied indicating that they could simply come by at their convenience; we provided instructions on which section of the downspout needed attention, and our address.

Category drain pipe

[removed member's name] We never requested that you be present during an estimate. We just wanted to be able to talk to you about the problem prior to scheduling and estimate. Yor unwillingness to call the office or provide a phone number is exactly why we were not willing to provide an estimate for you. Your review of my company tells me everything we needed to know about you. Thanks Drain Connection

07/22/2015

Candace H.

Went well, would recommend this business

Description of Work
cleared storm drains

07/15/2015

SUSAN R.

They removed a large rock that was blocking flow to the street. They pulled back sod and replaced it afterwards. They dug trenches & replaced our drainage pipes in the front and one side of the house.

Description of Work
They checked our underground drainage pipes for blockage and replaced some of them.

07/03/2015

Phyllis V.

Super job! On the job as soon as weather cleared. Communicated status/start possibilities very well. Very personable crew, explained progress as they proceeded. Hard-working - no let up and finished the same day. Cleaned up afterward. Careful about working through Invisible Fence and irrigation system (only utilities were flagged). I'd hire these guys again in a New York minute . . .

Description of Work
Replaced/enlarged rainwater/sump pump drainage; rerouted for reduced interference with hardscaping; installed new drainage (trenching, boring curb outlet, passing under paver walk, reducing load on primary drainage and eliminating damage to landscaping

Rogers Basement Waterproofing

We have been in business for over 46 years, Fixing wet basement problems since 1975. We are based out of Columbus, Ohio and have been delivering excellent service throughout these past 40 plus years. We have over 10,000 references available so you can be certain that you are getting the most for your money. The more you check us out the better chance we have of working for you! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our services or want to schedule a time for us to come out and provide you with a no cost/no obligation estimate. We employee 8 high quality, detail oriented people. Rogers does not use sub-contractors. We base the cost by the individual job. Additional contact: Paul Boeriu. Additional e-mail: info@rogersbasementwaterproofing.com.

2022 Super Service Award

B-Dry Basement Waterproofing Systems

Additional dba names - RDM Inc. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Never Stop Work LLC

Contact Us today for your free estimate. With over 5 years of experience no project has been to big for us. I specialize kitchen remodel, bathroom remodel, flooring, painting, drywall, any type of plumbing job and blockage. fence repair and installation, landscaping job and light fixtures or installation.

Complete plumbing services, sewer & drain cleaning, sump pumps, underground downspout repair & replacement & plumbing repair.

Gutter guards, gutter installation, gutter repair, gutter cleaning, haul & grade.