We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Custom Movers LLC

Founded 1981 • With Angi since June 2008

4.4

1820 FREBIS AVE

Columbus, OH 43206

Located in Columbus, OH, Custom Movers is a premier Residential, Commercial Moving and Logistics company. We move locally and across the country.

11/27/2018

N L S.

The movers were friendly and listened to our requests about where to set up in each room. However, when we reported damages it has not been easy dealing with this company. They stated to us at the beginning that they had insurance but preferred to settle any problems without going through their insurance. It has been four months since our move and to date they have not done anything to take care of concerns/problems we had with the move. Does not speak well of this company. Really am disappointed with them. Would not recommend or use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Moving household furniture from one home to another.

02/05/2014

Jennifer T.

I contacted Custom Movers on the recommendation of the antique store where I had just purchased a table and chairs to have them delivered to my house. Both times I spoke to Jeff, who does the scheduling, he seemed very distracted. I called on a Thursday, and the next available date for delivery was the following Wednesday. Jeff said that I could call the morning of the delivery day to find out when my 2 hour delivery window would be. He also said that he would contact the antique store that same day to arrange the pickup from them. When confirming that this would be my delivery date, Jeff said, and quot;OK, we'll see you on Monday.and quot; I had to stop him and say, and quot;Don't you mean Wednesday?and quot; And he apologized and said yes. On Monday, the salesperson from the antique store called and asked me if I had arranged the delivery with Custom Movers. I said yes and was surprised because I was told that Jeff was going to call the store after hanging up with me the previous Thursday. She said that she had not been contacted by anyone from Custom Movers, but that she would write down Wednesday for pickup/delivery on my paperwork. Wednesday morning around 9:00 I called to find out my delivery time. Even though they open at 8am, Jeff told me that he hadn't even looked at the scheduling for the day yet and thought that I would probably have my table/chairs delivered sometime in the afternoon. I told him I had to leave for work by 4:30, and he said it would not be a problem. By 3:45, I got anxious and called again because I hadn't heard anything. I spoke to a different gentleman, and he said he would call the drivers to see where they were. The two movers did call a few minutes later to say that they were on their way to my house. They were very courteous and wiped as much snow off of their boots as they could before they carefully brought in my furniture. I was pleased with the movers but not the scheduling. Noticed when I was emailed my receipt that they charged my credit card for less than I was originally quoted, so I was happy that they compensated for my scheduling frustrations. Next time I need furniture moved, I'll give my business to a different company with whom I've had better experiences even though their estimate was more than Custom Movers.

Description of Work
Delivered table and set of chairs from antique store to my home.

02/03/2014

Angela B.

I have used Custom Movers in the past when I purchased a piece of the furniture from the Grandview Mercantile. This was at Christmas time, and I was surprised how quickly they were able to get me on the schedule. They did a very good job when they delivered that piece of furniture. While they were here, I asked if they did in-house moves, becauase I had a piano I wanted moved to another room and a sofa that needed to go into the basement. They said they did, so after the holidays I called to schedule the piano move. I was initially surprised that I had to wait quite a bit longer to get on their schedule, but I wasn't in a huge hurry so that was fine. They told me to call at 8 AM the morning of the move to get a better time frame for when to expect them. I called at 8 and they told me, and quot;between 12-2, and if anything changes we'll be sure to let you know.and quot; At 2:50 they still hadn't arrived so I called. The receptionist said that Jeff would give me a call back. When he called me back at 3:00 he explained that the moves earlier in the day had gone longer than expected, but they would be done with their current move in about 30 minutes and could come after that. When I scheduled the move, I specifically told them that it had to be during the school day. When I explained that 3:30 wouldn't work, he seemed very put out and scoffed at my suggestion that if they were going to be that far off schedule they should call the people with later appointments. I was surprised at their level of customer service and attitude, when we had a positive experience with them in the past.

Description of Work
This was an in-house move of a piano and sofa.

06/19/2012

Carol O.

The staff was very professional and took good care of the piano. I did notice a knick on the piano, but they promptly repaired it so that it isn't noticeable at all.

Description of Work
They moved and stored our piano for four months while renovations were being done.

Category storage units, piano moving

09/13/2011

Aviva M.

This company was recommended to us by the store. I had called a few other companies to compare prices and Custom Movers was the most reasonable. I spoke to Jeff several times to coordinate the move and he was very pleasant. My only disappointment was regarding payment. Jeff was aware that I was not going to be at the house upon furniture arrival - I was having a friend open the house for the movers. My plan was to pay by credit card by phone. I had been provided an estimate over the phone, but was told that the exact amount could vary depending on how difficult it was to move the piece into the home. I figured I would get a call after the move and provide my credit card number by phone. However, I was informed that the movers asked my friend to submit payment at the time of the move. I found this to be inappropriate, as I had not informed my friend that she would be responsible for this.

Description of Work
They moved a china cabinet from a store to my house.

07/15/2011

Nancy L.

I found it necessary to move a baby grand piano, large household furniture (such as a couch, dining table and chairs, and bookcases) and about 30 boxes of books from Wheeling W.V.to Columbus. I was seeking a company which not only moved pianos, but would be able to be a full service mover. Custom Movers LLC really did the job well. Despite the need to travel from Columbus to Wheeling, three movers came to move the piano and other furniture. They were extremely professional, bringing in special dollies for use with heavy items, and blankets to cover and protect everything. They arrived on time, moved the materials within the time estimated for less than they had estimated. Their estimate, by the owner Jeff, had been $1350-$1500. They came in at $1200 !! I would heartily recommend Custom Movers, as I had an extremely positive experience.

Description of Work
Moving a baby grand piano and furniture from Wheeling W.V. to Columbus OH.

Category moving companies, piano moving

05/05/2011

JENNIFER G.

The workers arrived on time, were very cheerful, did their job without complaint and managed to finish before the rain started. I was very happy!

Description of Work
Custom Movers moved a large breakfront, dining room table with 6 chairs, a sideboard and a large mirror from my home to a retail store. These pieces were very heavy and had a handpainted finish that could be easily damaged. The workers were extremely careful to ensure that no damage occurred and were friendly, professional, and great with my 3 year old son -- he got to get in the cab of the van and honk the horn! I was very pleased with their performance and would highly recommend this company.

10/18/2010

ANN HAILEY & P.

They did an excellent job. None of the furniture was damaged.

Description of Work
They moved furniture from one location to another.

09/16/2010

Ralph S.

I used Custom Movers LLC's services twice. The first time in 2003 and again in 2010. Between 2003 and 2010, the level of professionalism and follow through has sadly deteriorated. After the last move, I took inventory and found a large wall mirror missing and items damaged. In addition, the stairway post, leading up to the second floor of the condo, was dented. When I reported the problem to Jeff Hildreth, he did not return my phone call. Simply put, I will never hire this moving company again!

Description of Work
Moving my furnishings from one residence to another

01/23/2009

ANN HAILEY & P.

They did a great job for us. We highly recommend them. Their prices are very reasonable. We had no complaints.

Description of Work
We have a place in New York City and they moved furniture from Columbus to New York City.

09/17/2008

SHARON R.

The first trip went fine. Three men moved the furniture with no issues. But the second trip was not good. There were only two men. They moved the china cabinet fine. But they decided to slide the piano on its small, old casters across the vinyl kitchen floor and THEN lifting it onto the special furniture dolly instead of lifting it and putting it right onto the dolly. This left dents/tracks on the kitchen floor that are several feet long. They told me to call or email the company owner, which I did (and included pictures of the damage). Company owner Jeff Hildreth contacted a flooring company and attempted to fix the dents, but that didn't work. So he filed a claim with his insurance company and we received payment for partial replacement cost for a similar type of flooring (our flooring had been discontinued). Jeff handled the issue professionally -- he followed up, made the call to the insurance company, etc. But the movers were not professional; they should've known better than to try to slide the piano. One of the movers had been with the crew that moved it the first time, so he knew how heavy the piano was. Jeff seemed embarrassed that an employee (and one who'd been a mover for many years) made such a poor decision. He also offered to move the appliances for free when we had the kitchen flooring installed, but I declined. Thankfully, the piano was not damaged. I gave them a "C" overall to reflect that half the job was "A" material; half was an "F." But for the quality of the work, I just couldn't give a "C" due to their damaging the floor and jeopardizing the piano. That overrode the good work they'd done. The saving grace was that Jeff was more than cooperative during the follow-up.

Description of Work
They were here on two occasions as one job. First, to move a heavy, old upright piano (that still had part of a player mechanism in it) and a china cabinet from two rooms to another room for carpet to be laid, and then to move the items back the next week, after the new carpet was installed.

07/31/2007

SUZANNE B.

I was amazed they didnt even touch a wall! They did an incredible job considering it was down a staircase.

Description of Work
They moved my piano from home to home.

06/11/2007

JEREMY & SUZY H.

They were punctual and professional. They did a good job.

Description of Work
They moved a piano within my home.

01/19/2007

SOMARIE & JULIO C.

While they were moving in our things they dropped our entertainment center and then attempted to repair it. They did not do a good job of fixing it and they were supposed to come back to fix the base of our TV which they also damaged. I called them and they said they were going to order the part for the TV but apparently they never did. There were some other damaged things as well that they were supposed to come repair but they never did. They did not return my calls for weeks and I finally called back and then they put me on hold and transferred me a few times because I wanted to speak with the person responsible for the job. When I finally spoke with the right person, he told me he was not going to do anything about it because he does not feel responsible for it.

Description of Work
We hired them to move everything into our new home.

12/20/2006

Carol B.

The company was nice and helpful when I phoned to set up the work. They did move the item in successfully, and helped move another out of the way to another room for it. They pressured me, however, to come over earlier then I had planned to let them in; this disrupted my schedule. I arrived about when they did, and they were carrying the item in as I put the key in the door. I had no time to get ready.

Description of Work
Custom Mover was hired by me to pick up a desk I had on consignment and return it to my home. They called 1 1/2 hours early, and were ready to bring it over. I had to dash over to the house and get it prepared. They moved the desk into the living room after I had cleared a place for it, and moved another desk that was in the way into another room.

10/11/2006

MARYE B.

They packed many things for me. I only packed the breakables. They did a great job! Everything got to the consignment store in great shape! They were very nice and helpful!

Description of Work
They moved many items (furniture & boxes) from an estate house that Im selling to the consignment store.

06/15/2006

Carol B.

They were careful. They noticed the condition of the furniture and pointed out a few things that were loose. They were prompt and efficient.

Description of Work
They moved some furniture from the house and took it down to the consignment shop.

10/22/2005

RICH L.

TODD, THE OWNER, WAS PROMPT, PROFESSIONAL and ACCOMMODATING. I NEEDED THE CLOCK WITHIN 1 WEEK OF CALLING TODD, AND HE CAME THROUGH. HE WAS OPEN ABOUT NOT BEING AN ANTIQUE CLOCK MOVING SPECIALIST EXPERT, BUT THAT HIS COMPANY DID HAVE EXPERIENCE MOVING THEM. HIS PRICE WAS REASONABLE and LOW COMPARED TO OTHERS (INCLUDED INSURANCE). THEY WERE A LITTLE LATE DELIVERING IT BUT DID TRY TO CALL AHEAD and ALSO REATTACHED THE PENDULUM BACKWARDS WHICH MY CLOCK REPAIRED CORRECTLY.

Description of Work
TRANSPORTED 18X27 10X3 INCH TALL ANTIQUE GRANDFATHER CLOCK 400 MILES FROM ANNVILLE, PA TO COLUMBUS, OH. (CLOCK APPRAISED AT $3,000.) DETACHED PENDULUM, WEIGHTS HOOD AND DIAL BEFORE MOVING, AND REATTACHED SAME UPON ARRIVAL AT HOME IN COLUMBUS. 2 WORKERS DROVE TRUCK TO ANNVILLE, PICKED UP THE CLOCK AND BROUGHT IT TO COLUMBUS IN ONE DAY.

09/09/2005

TOM M.

OUR EXPERIENCE WAS VERY GOOD OVERALL. THE PERSON WHO SET UP THE INITIAL APPT WAS VERY NICE AND HELPFUL. AN APPT WAS SCHEDULED WITHIN A SHORT TIME (1 WEEK), AND THE PRICE WAS VERY COMPETITIVE. THE MOVERS SHOWED UP RIGHT ON TIME AND MADE THE MOVE WITHOUT INCIDENT. ALL EMPLOYEES WERE VERY CORDIAL. WILL CALL AGAIN FOR THIS AND OTHER MOVING NEEDS!

Description of Work
MOVED UPRIGHT PIANO FROM ONE HOUSE TO ANOTHER A FEW MILES AWAY.

03/16/2005

BURNELL M.

THERE PRICE WAS FAIR, THEY WERE VERY PROMPT AND VERY CAREFUL.

Description of Work
MOVED PIANO FROM ONE ROOM TO ANOTHER.

02/01/2005

MARIBETH W.

THEY HAD THE LOWEST PRICE AND DID A GOOD JOB. I FOUND ONE NEW MARK ON THE WOOD.

Description of Work
MOVED AN OLDER BABY GRAND PIANO, ALREADY ON A FLAT BOARD, FROM MY HOME TO MY SONS HOME, ABOUT 7 MILES AWAY.

10/07/2004

MICHELLE M.

THEY ARE VERY REASONABLY PRICED; THE OFFICE PERSONNEL and MOVERS WERE POLITE AND COURTEOUS.

Description of Work
THEY MOVED A USED PIANO 2 MILES FROM 1 PRIVATE HOME TO ANOTHER.

03/24/2004

DIANNE D.

WE CALLED THEM FROM THE YELLOW PAGES. IT TURNED OUT THAT THEY WERE NOT VERY FAR AWAY. HE SAID TO CALL AS SOON AS WE NEEDED THEM AND THEY WOULD BE THERE TO MOVE THE PIANO. THEY CAME RIGHT ON TIME. WE WERE ABLE TO GET THEM AT THE LAST MINUTE.

Description of Work
WE WERE HAVING SOME CARPETING INSTALLED, AND THE INSTALLERS SAID THEY WERE UNABLE TO MOVE THE PIANO.

03/15/2004

JIM O.

THE TWO GENTLEMEN THAT CAME FOR THE JOB CALLED AHEAD, WERE VERY POLITE, AND PUNCTUAL. I BELIEVE THE PRICE WAS FAIR FOR THE JOB, BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT WAS QUITE EXCELLENT. I WOULD CERTAINLY USE THEM AGAIN FOR ANY OTHER JOBS.

Description of Work
THEY MOVED AN EXTREMELY HEAVY TREADMILL (400 LBS.) FROM MY GARAGE TO MY BASEMENT AND MOVED MY OLD TREADMILL UP TO THE GARAGE. I CONTACTED THEM LATE LAST WEEK AND THEY WERE ABLE TO DO THE JOB THE NEXT MONDAY.

08/06/2003

WALTER H & BARBARA H.

THE CONTENTS OF OUR OLD HOUSE WENT TO THREE DIFFERENT PLACES. EVERYTHING ENDED UP AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME. THEY ARE OUTSTANDING!!!

Description of Work
MOVED US TO OUR NEW HOME.

Leaders Moving & Storage Co of Columbus

Super Service Award Winner in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001 and 2000. Leaders Moving & Storage of Columbus offers a wide range of residential and commercial moving and storage services. We have been in business for over 28 years and we have completed over 160,000 moves! Leaders is a professional moving and storage company, and we don't just use that as a catch phrase: Many of our employees are "Master Movers", meaning that they have completed over 1,000 household moves. You are only as good as your last move. Over 80% of all our customers last year were repeat customers and referrals. This is due to the fact that we do more than just meet our customer’s expectations, we exceed them. We are one of the only moving companies that can give you a GUARANTEED move price. We give you the flexibility of controlling the price of your move. There are no hidden fees, and no nasty surprises. Our price includes all charges, mileage, tolls, drive-time, taxes, etc. You can reach us toll free at (800) 421-3029. We look forward to helping you with all your moving needs. USDOT:1237577

Mr. Mover of Ohio Inc

Mr. Mover is a licensed and insured moving company, serving Central Ohio for over 35 years. We, at Mr. Mover, are a long-standing, reliable company that fulfills residential and commercial, local and long distance moving needs for customers like you every day. Our insured, trained employees provide expert packing and shipping, and we provide an outstanding secure storage facility. Full-Time employees. No subcontractors. Charges by the hour. Travel charges apply. Hours listed are office hours, moves 6 days per week. Extra charge for after hour services may apply. License: PUCO #140332-G, DOT #961938, MC # 410383-C. . Services all of the United States. Part of the National Moving Network. We offer 5% military discounts for active as well as retired personnel. We also offer 5% senior discounts.

Offers by Mr. Mover of Ohio Inc on Angi
    Integrity Moving

We are a locally owned and operated family business service the Central Ohio community with over 30 years of combined experience in the moving industry. We are highly skilled full-service professional movers who take pride in our work. We will provide you with a quality of customer service that is unmatched in the industry and will work with you to exceed all of your transportation and storage needs. Additional DBAs - Columbus Piano Moving, Integrity Moving, LLC.

Delivery Service
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Custom moves, home downsizing, local moves, long-distance moves. Pianos, grand pianos, special furniture delivery. Piano storage.