Columbus Worthington Air

Founded 1936 • With Angi since December 1995

(2080) Verified Reviews

6363 Fiesta Dr

Columbus, OH 43235

For fast and exceptional service for your heating, cooling or Indoor Air Quality needs, call us now: 614-869-4115. 55 employees. No subs. Charge a flat rate. No travel charges. Service fee applies. Extra charge for emergency service. Additional DBAs - Columbus Mechanical, Columbus Worthington

10/10/2022

Ryan B.

The heat pump installation took several hours, but was done carefully and with pride. The resulting work looks great and was done well.

Description of Work
New Heat Pump Installed

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the positive review, [Member Name Removed]. You're a valued customer and we appreciate your business!

09/30/2022

Brian L.

I can't recommend this company enough! We called Columbus Worthington Air when our heater died. The technician showed on time, was friendly and professional. They couldn't repair our furnace due to it being over 40 years old and sent out someone to give an estimate within a couple of hours, even though it would be after business hours. The person doing the estimate showed up on time and worked openly with us on options and price and seemed to really be trying to find us the best solution rather than selling the top options. He was extremely professional and friendly and found an option that would work for us and replace both our furnace and central air, that hasn't worked for years, that was below our budget. He scheduled the installation for the next morning. The installation crew showed up exactly when they said they would, where top tier, installed the furnace and air conditioning unit, and cleaned up perfectly. The entire experience was fantastic, professional, friendly, and their focus was on helping us solve the problem with the best option for our needs rather than up selling and maximizing their profits, and their pricing was competitive to other options I researched in the area, and they could do it immediately instead of waiting for a week or more with no heat. They took us from a repair call to an unexpected full installation in less than 24 hours and handled everything they could to make it easy and low stress. This was the best experience I have had with a contracting/repair service. They where open and honest about everything, did exactly what they said they would when they said they would do it, responded to every inquiry immediately, and seemed to take great pride in their service and work. After this experience they will be the only company I will use for HVAC needs as long as I live in their service area.

Description of Work
Furnace and central air replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for this stellar review, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate you being a loyal customer and welcoming us into your home. We are proud to hear how our team was able to deliver exceptional service for you and your family. We are happy to be your chosen premier service provider.

07/07/2022

Gregory S.

We were thrilled that they were able to estimate the job the same day we requested it, and installed it just 2 days later. (Our A/C had gone out, we had an old Freon unit which was leaking, so we opted to replace our 23-year-old furnace and A/C). The techs (Stephen and Shiloh) were professional and we're completely pleased with the installation.

Description of Work
Furnace and A/C unit replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Wow! Thank you, [Member Name Removed], for sharing how Stephen and Shiloh were able to provide you with terrific customer service. We will certainly share your kind words with them. Thank you for selecting Columbus Worthington Air as your premier service provider.

12/01/2021

laura B.

Columbus Worthington Air tried to SCAM us into buying a new furnace when we only needed an easy repair. Their technician came to fix our furnace that had stopped working on Nov. 22nd. After a brief examination of the unit, James told us we had a cracked heat exchanger and that it would cost over $1600 in labor to fix (the part was covered by warranty). James recommended we not repair the unit because if we did the repair, the unit would probably just break again. James said the only real choice was to replace the unit. We asked him to just fix it (we had no heat and could not afford a new unit). He then told us it would take up to four weeks to get the part. (Our heat was out on a freezing day and he left us with the possibility of heat within 4 weeks - seems pretty thoughtless and detached to me). He strongly pushed the purchase of a new unit - over and over and over again. We chose the repair and he left -never to be heard from again. Neither James nor Columbus Worthington Air have called us to follow up and schedule installation of a new heat exchanger. We found another company (Custom Air) to fix the unit. They said that the heat exchanger was not cracked and that the first technician could not have even examined the heat exchanger in the short time he was here. Custom Air fixed the unit for about $200. Custom Air was fast, friendly , trustworthy and they did the job! We do not recommend Columbus Worthington Air. Don't waste your time. SCAM!!! They are not trustworthy, and they just want to sell, sell sell.

Description of Work
furnace fixed

12/01/2021

Vicki P.

The service was very professional, they cleaned up before and after the work. they left the area clean and neat, and that was the thing I was amazed. they wore booties over their shoes and the wear mask for covid protection, I have hired them for my other house and I am always pleased with their service. And they provide warranties which was better than home warranties, they also calls back after the installation to check on the system and if its working as it should be, and checked on customer satisfaction as well.

Description of Work
Replaced an HVAC System

08/05/2020

Gene T.

After the installation we got a regular maintenance contract with them to maintain our HVAC System. They provide excellent service.

Description of Work
Furnace & HVAC Installation and maintenance

07/27/2020

Bob W.

A/C replacement went smoothly in Feb-2020. However, on night of Jul-26 noticed that A/C unit wasn’t working, so called CWA very early on the morning on 27th. Was told that an “emergency” request would be submitted. Waited patiently until 3:30 and called to follow-up when tech could be expected. Was then told it would be between 5-10 pm! And we have a service contract with them, which I will never sign up for again. A complete waste of money in addition to terrible customer service. I am also questioning the quality of Bryant A/C. Previous unit lasted almost 15 years but this one couldn’t even make it 6 months? Very unhappy with both CWA and Bryant.

Description of Work
A Home A- /C Replaced & Followup Customer Service

07/15/2020

Dianne Z.

They have been excellent. We have purchased served. HVAC systems between the two houses and we would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They have serviced our heating and cooling system for about 31 years.

06/22/2020

Mary C.

They were great and even had to put in additional duct work for installation once. I would highly recommend them and I will continue to use them.

Description of Work
I have been using them for decades. They installed my air conditioning and heating and have serviced it since.

06/06/2020

Andrew K.

Columbus Worthington replaced my furnace and A/C about 7 years ago, and both still work great. I use them for regular maintenance of the units, and the one time I had a problem, they came quickly to fix it.

Description of Work
Furnace & A/C replacement

Category

04/02/2020

Jason P.

They were nice, did a great job and provided financing.

Description of Work
Furnace needs replaced do to a flood and bucket needs cleaning.

12/13/2019

Zach L.

Got connected through them with Home Depot. Came out next day (Saturday) gave a reasonable negotiated quote. Came out Monday two days later for install. Technicians were professional and courteous. They answered all questions we had. Install was a full day but that’s reasonable for size of job. Would definitely do business again.

Description of Work
Needed a new AC and Furnace

11/21/2019

RICHARD AND CHERI B.

They're terrific! They're professional and friendly. Very timely, they communicated well and they cleaned up nicely.

Description of Work
They installed new furnace and air conditioning unit.

08/30/2019

DAN D.

We are very pleased with CWA. We have been using them for nearly 20 years and have always been pleased with their work. They've never "up sold" us or try to sell anything especially if there was some life left in any component they found during their annual inspection. We also get their service contract which includes the inspections for both AC and the furnace.

Description of Work
Annual AC checkup

07/08/2019

Andrew W.

The whole process was smooth. Technician (Lee) came out to the house and diagnosed the issue. Educated me on AC and Furnace and suggested we replace. Salesman (Dan) was out to the house a few hours after the technician. Walked us through our different options. Explained things very well and I felt he was very honest about what type of AC and Furnace we needed. Didn't feel like he tried to oversell us on anything. Technicians were out a couple of days later and completed the replacement. Both were very professional, answered questions and were done timely.

Description of Work
AC and Furnace Replaced

06/01/2019

Steven S.

Quick fix, required more refrigerant.

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair

03/26/2019

TRINA P.

They did a very good job. Had previous work done as well.

Description of Work
Repaired furnace

02/03/2019

Paul D.

Responded promptly to call and performed timely service. This was important since we had no heat during severe cold weather. Could have been a bit more attentive to the overall quality of their work. Otherwise good and we would call again in an emergency such as the one we had.

Description of Work
Furnace heat pump repair

02/02/2019

Kathy H.

I got a new furnace w/ humidifier, A/C, Nest thermostat, and Nest smoke/carbon monoxide detector. They did a great job with the installation, and took the time to set up the thermostat, sync'ed it to my phone, and went over how to operate it. Angie's coupon saved me some money too.

Description of Work
replaced my furnace & A/C

01/23/2019

Patricia L.

Outstanding!! We had our furnace inspected 1/18/19 and learned our 25+ year old furnace needed to go. We had excellent service throughout the whole process - from the company's furnace inspector, the salesman and the installers. We got a furnace and an air conditioner installed the day after the inspection. The guys were here at 8 and were done by 3 that afternoon. My husband and I were very impressed with the customer service from start to finish. We heartily recommend this company!!!!

Description of Work
Furnace Inspection, Furnace and AC install

01/06/2019

Sergei R.

I got a quote from Worthington Air last summer. Delonte was unprofessional & apathetic. After only 2min of simply looking at my unit, he recommended a 2.5 ton unit and wrote up an estimate. The other co's I got quotes from spent 30min measuring & inspecting the unit & ductwork. Furthermore, the other co. (Care) I went with installed a 2 ton unit & explained I don't have the ductwork to support 2.5 tons & how that could cause issues later. Aside from that, the price was insane - almost $5k for the most basic, "bottom barrel" AC unit they offer. I did my research and got ~5 estimates; the next highest was still ~$1k less than Worthington Air. Laughable. Someone mentioned Worthington Air is the Walmart of HVAC companies in Columbus. They're large & can continue to throw out absurd prices b/c eventually someone (either with little knowledge on the matter or in a desperate situation) will bite. Hope helps. Be smart. Do your research.

Description of Work
Furnace & AC

12/28/2018

Julia B.

performed scheduled service as expected.

Description of Work
air conditioning annual service

11/22/2018

Ann O.

I had a scheduled appointment for maintenance cleaning for early December. Prior to the appointment, the thermostat kept clicking off and on. The furnace would not stay on. I called and explained that I had a scheduled maintenance appointment and asked if someone could come out now to check out the thermostat and furnace. I also asked if the fall maintenance check could be done at the same time. I was told yes. My husband was home when the technician showed up. He said the technician had an attitude. He looked at the furnace and thermostat. He said the thermostat had a short and needed to be replaced. The only one he had on the truck cost $275. My husband called me to discuss. I then spoke with the tech about the thermostat. I asked about programming it and if he had one priced lower. He said he did not. I asked if the maintenance check was done. He stated we were not going to get a free cleaning. I had scheduled a cleaning and expected one to be done per my conversation with the office manager. I never asked for a free cleaning. The tech was very rude while speaking to me. I asked if there was a senior discount and was told 'no'. Their business page on Angie's shows there's a 5% discount. Their business page on Angie's list also states, "no travel charges". On my invoice there is a $84 trip charge. My husband told me that the tech kept saying that we needed a new furnace and that he could have someone give us a quote. He also kept trying to sell us a maintenance plan. He even had already listed it as a charge on the invoice. Overall, this was not a good experience.

Description of Work
Thermostat woudn't stay on.

10/08/2018

CAROL S.

Arrived on time. Discussed filter replacement. He said I could get the filters my furnace takes cheaper at Home Depot. I went ahead and bought one though because I didn’t figure I would remember to do it otherwise. He performed the maintenance as scheduled.

Description of Work
Annual furnace maintenance

09/22/2018

Eugene D.

Arrived on time and completed replacement in the time estimated. Cleaned up after installation and departed my premise in the same condition as when they arrived. Three weeks of operation and not a single problem!

Description of Work
Replace a 22 year old Central Air conditioner.

J & J Construction and Redesign

We are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of general contractor home improvement services that are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in remodels, but also offer a wide range of expertise for a variety of other projects. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction. Pleas call us anytime day or night we can help you with any problem that may happen. We can be reached at call or text any time JEREMY 614-795-1850 JASON 614-816-3710. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you!

Apex Plumbing Pros

We pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We are experts in our trade, and will do our best to keep you as educated as we can on your particular task or project. We look forward to earing your business! Book with us online or feel free to give us a call today.

Offers by Apex Plumbing Pros on Angi
    Amanda Plumbing Sewer & Drain

Local family owned and operated reputable plumbing company since 1995. 24/7 Residential and Commercial Full Service Plumbing Company Repair, Replace, Remodel, Excavation and Gas Lines. Chamber of Commerce small business of the year. 18 Employees. Upfront pricing structure. Readers choice award from the Delaware Gazette Best Plumbing Company . License #49045.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Heating & Cooling Equipment Replacement.Light & Large Commercial Project Work.

Duct Cleaning. Hot Water Heater Installation. Window Air Conditioners. Mobile Homes. Baseboard Heat.