Clean Air Radon Solutions

Founded 2011 • With Angi since April 2012

Clean Air Radon Solutions is a family owned company that provides radon testing and mitigation services in Columbus and surrounding areas. We want our customers to have piece of mind knowing that all Radon services are provided by the owner and direct employees of Clean Air Radon Solutions. If high levels of Radon are found in your home, we will gladly give you a free in-home estimate to determine the safest and best solution for you and your family....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+17 more images

radon mitigation (91)HVAC Companies (1)

08/02/2020

Sue A.

Tommy Hay and his company Clean Air Solutions have been stellar in assisting my clients for several years. I find them professional, affordable and reliable 100% of the time. Sue Allen Remax Consultant Group

Description of Work
Radon mitigation

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

03/22/2020

Lester C.

Two technicians arrived at the scheduled time. Before they arrived we were contacted 30 minutes in advance. A brief home tour of the areas the project will involve and a description of what components will be installed. The entire radon mitigation system was installed in 4 hours. Post-installation the technician explained how the system works. It is designed to be running all the time and costs approximately $60 annually for electricity.

Description of Work
Radon Mitigation & Testing

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

02/12/2020

Gina G.

They did a great job! I would definitely recommend them. My radon level dropped to .1 (was previously ranging from 7-9)

Description of Work
Radon mitigation

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed], We appreciate your business!

11/22/2019

AMY B.

Clean Air Radon installed a radon mitigation system and performed post-testing. They were flexible about dates and times for post-testing with some early evening (after 5 PM) hours.

Description of Work
Install a radon mitigation system

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed], We are glad you had a great installation experience.

08/29/2019

Eddie R.

The entire experience from start to finish was great. Tommy, the owner, came and setup the initial Radon testing device, picked it up afterwards. There was no pressure to secure his company's services if I decided to have a mitigation system installed. The test results confirmed high levels of Radon in my basement. The average was 9.0 pCi/L (Picocuries per liter of air), peeking at 12.0 pCi/L during certain times. According to the US EPA, 4.0 pCi/L is an "acceptable" level of Radon in a home. I prefer Zero levels to avoid any possible lung cancer. I don't smoke either. I decided to have Clean Air Radon Solutions install the mitigation system. The process was easy. The main office scheduled an installation date, the installers texted me ahead of time to inform me of their ETA, the job was "quick", about 2 1/2 hours, they assessed the job, installed it, cleaned up, set up the Radon tester again and were on their way. I was given the option to send in the payment or pay by Credit/Debit card (fee charged if this option selected). I mailed in mine. Two days later the Radon Testing unit was picked up and the results emailed back in about a day.. Now the average Radon gas levels in my basement is at 0.7 pCi/L with peek levels ever reaching to 1.4 pCi/L. The system isn't cheap but worth the investment.

Description of Work
Radon testing and mitigation system

Work Completed On 08/16/2019

Thank you Mr. [[Member Name Removed]], we are glad you are happy with your system and our service!

08/16/2019

Randy T.

I've had one other radon system installed in a house that had a partial basement, just like our new home. All the other company did in the old house was put plastic sheeting over the unfinished portion of the basement and duct taped the plastic around the radon evacuation tubing - pretty poor solution in my opinion. Clean Air Radon Solutions drilled into the basement sub floor on both sides of the basement where it was partially excavated and tied it all into the system (e.g. no plastic sheeting or shortcuts!). They even placed a new cover over our sump-pump well and siliconed it down for a clean seal. It looks much better and this was not part of the contracted job or at least something I wasn't expecting! They guys (2 of them) were professional and fast - they got the job done in about 5 hours. Overall superb job! I highly recommend Clean Air Radon Solutions for your radon system needs.

Description of Work
Radon system installation

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

Thank you Mr [[Member Name Removed]]! We are glad you are happy with your system and our service.

01/30/2019

Debbie M.

The installers were punctual. Because my house is older and is built over hard clay, I need a stronger fan which the installers had to go back to their shop to retrieve. They returned quickly and finished up the installation within 1/2 hour. The fan is running properly, and I'll be getting the test results shortly to see if the radon levels are back down to an acceptable level (below 4 pCi/l).

Description of Work
Replace radon fan

Work Completed On 01/30/2019

Thank you [[Member Name Removed]], we appreciated your business!!!

01/28/2019

Eric B.

The company responded promptly for a quote. Their quote was competitive and the lowest of three companies we looked at. Testing and installation were all completed on time. They were willing to locate the pipes where we wanted to help save floor space and exit the house in a more aesthetic location. Radon level was lowered from average of 8.4 pCi/l to 0.1. Cost shown is installation. Testing was $125, which is comparable to many companies.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation

Work Completed On 11/29/2018

Thank you. We are glad you are happy with our work.

08/24/2018

Tyree B.

The guys arrived on time, very professional, polite, and answered the questions I had. The work was completed with no mess afterwards and in the time they said they would take. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

Thank you, we are glad you had a great installation experience!

05/24/2018

Deborah M.

Company was scheduled to install radon system on May 21, 2018 around 1 pm. Company was a no call, no show. No reply to email as to why they never showed up.

Description of Work
Install radon system.

Work Completed On 05/21/2018

I apologize for the inconvenience [Member Name Removed], this was certainly an oversight on my end. I found the e-mail with the request for the appointment however your acceptance of the installation date was overlooked. For some compensation for your troubles I would be happy to reduce the price of the radon system and we would send your installation documents out right away for confirmation of our appointment. Please call us in the office for a prompt response at 614-915-5614 ext. 1, we have already reached out to the contact # listed.

03/07/2018

Rachelle J.

Had mitigation system installed in sump pump. Had three estimates done & they came in well below other two. From the office to installer- everyone was easy to work with and did a great job

Description of Work
Radon mitigation

Work Completed On 02/27/2018

Thank you for your kind words!!!

12/11/2017

Eric W.

The estimate and installation went perfectly and the price was one of the lowest we found. They were on time to every appointment and even when retrieving the test results. I would recommend doing business with Clean Air Radon Solutions.

Description of Work
We needed a Radon Mitigation system installed before our home sold.

Work Completed On 11/28/2017

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed], We appreciated your business

10/02/2017

Sharon S.

Tommy Hay and his team are professional, knowledgable, considerate, and capable. They were on time for the job, worked efficiently, and cleaned up when they were done. The mitigation system was able to reduce our radon level to well below the recommended level. I would absolutely recommend Clean Air Radon Solutions.

Description of Work
Radon testing and installation of mitigation system.

Work Completed On 02/24/2017

Thank you, We are glad you are happy with your installation.

09/18/2017

Vance C.

No communication, so no work has been done

Description of Work
Tried to get radon remediation. First I had ano analysis done. Later emailed to get the work done. No response. Finally got them on the phone, and they came and made quick observations and left. Then I tried to call again and again to get clarifications about details. Never got a call back.

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

08/30/2017

Dan S.

They came out to do a quote on a Friday and installed the following Tuesday. Only took them about an hour and a half to install. They left the work area so clean you couldn't tell they where there. They did a great job!

Description of Work
Radon Mitigation System Install

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

We are so glad you were happy with our work.

08/22/2017

Kenneth C.

I had Clean Air Radon Solutions as well as 2 other companies come out and quote. They were the cheapest and did a very good job. Our readings are well below the mandated 4.0 now!

Description of Work
Our Radon reading came back high and we needed a Radon Mitigation system installed.

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

Thank you for your business!

08/14/2017

Ken H.

They did a great job. Very thorough and cleaned up after themselves. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Install a radon system so I could complete the sale of my house.

Work Completed On 06/27/2017

Thank you, we appreciated your business.

07/31/2017

Dwayne M.

Were very professional. Showed up on time for both the estimate and the installation. All were very friendly and did an excellent job of explaining the installation and how the system works.

Description of Work
Had a Radon Mitigation System installed

Work Completed On 07/14/2017

We are elated you had a good experience with us and appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us! Your system has a 5 year warranty so please re-test at least every 2 years to ensure the system is still working properly. Best of luck to you!

07/27/2017

Becky J.

The guys were all polite, professional and did great work. Customer service was amazing. Got my radon level down to 1.1- system is super quiet and they hid it around the side corner of the house.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation system

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

07/18/2017

Adam G.

Workers were very professional. I was very happy with the service and the price.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation system install

Work Completed On 07/18/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is our pleasure to provide good service to our clients. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concern about radon for any future needs!

06/05/2017

Roger H.

They did a great job. Very good communication, excellent estimate, timely installation. I hope we never require their services again but if we do would hire them in a heart beat.

Description of Work
Radon mediation unit installed

Work Completed On 05/25/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to leave a review! Yes, hopefully you will not need us any time soon but if you do, make sure to mention you are a returning customer, we would be happy to give you discount for using us again!!

05/30/2017

Roseanne H.

The process was very painless :-) This company came up with a solution that the other two companies that gave me an estimate. My husband and I preferred the system that this company put in place for us. It had to do with the placement of the "jumper".

Description of Work
radon mitigation

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

05/08/2017

F HERBERT D.

Radon level decreases from 6.9 to less than 0.5.

Description of Work
Install Radon mitigation system.