Circa Renovations Ltd

Founded 2009 • With Angi since April 2010

2449 Kensington Dr

Columbus, OH 43221

Local family owned & operated business. Award winning. Uses licensed subcontractors for electrical and occasionally for plumbing....

03/26/2014

Lois H.

Mark was great to work with. He is prompt, thorough, detail-oriented and kept the worksite clean and organized. I felt very comfortable trusting him with my project and with the keys to my house. The estimate was higher than what my insurance paid but lower than another estimate I received. I felt like I got the good quality I paid for. I would certainly ask Mark to tackle any future project I might have and would highly recommend his services to others.

Description of Work
Repaired drywall/framing, created trim and painted walls following flooding in my basement. Completed several other small tasks including building a custom door and frame for a utility closet.

Category drywall,handyman service,woodworking,interior painters

12/22/2013

Mary Jean D.

I choose Circa Renovations Ltd. since this is a local company right in my community. I believe small owner operated businesses can relate to their customers on a personal level and provide the best service. Circa Renovations Ltd absolutely delivers. Mark and Phil could not have been more professional and nicer to deal with. Trust is important when contractors have a key with total access to your home. This company is top notch. Mark had many, many challenges with this job. He handled everything brilliantly. He is a craftsman and takes absolute pride in his work. He also offered some very creative suggestions along the way, which I would not have considered, but at the same time he listened to what I asked, and wanted done. As a result, my kitchen was transformed from a gloomy place to a very bright, cheerful, wonderful, perfect space that is totally unique! Mark also very kindly assisted with other smaller projects that needed attention in the house. I'm looking forward to my next renovation project with Circa Renovations Ltd. in 2014.

Description of Work
The kitchen was totally renovated. This kitchen hadn't been remodeled in at least 40 years. There was a drop ceiling that had to be removed. The actual ceiling underneath also had tiles glued to it. It all had to be torn out. Once opened up, there was water damage, plumbing that needed repaired, support beams needing reinforced, electrical issues, and much more. Mark pointed out everything that was a concern, and provided professional advice as to how to resolve. He also noticed there was no insulation in the walls and indicated that could be easily done. His dry wall associate Phil, was also very professional and the walls and ceiling were absolutely perfect! The remodel incorporated different elements such as Ikea under cabinets, custom upper cabinets with glass doors, a free standing buffet, open shelving and stone backsplash. Mark was very open to all my unconventional ideas. There was nothing he couldn't do!

Category handyman service,home remodeling

08/22/2013

VIRGINIA G.

If you?re looking for exceptional professionalism, competence and quality; look to Circa Renovations. Mark Paxton, owner of Circa Renovations spells out everything in an estimate and does exactly as promised, within the dollar amount agreed upon ? on schedule. His price is competitive and the workmanship superior. He keeps the work site exceptionally clean, even with drywall. Circa Renovations treats your home as their own.

Description of Work
Framing, drywall, spackle, paint walls. Masked off room with plastic to minimize dust, used drop cloths, extremely well prepared and works thoroughly and quickly.

Category contractors,drywall,handyman service,interior painters

06/08/2013

Elizabeth S.

Superior work! Mark came to provide an estimate for work. He contacted us very soon after we emailed him through Angie's list. He came over very soon afterward and took his time to ask a lot of questions so he knew exactly what we wanted. His estimate was a bit more than we expected, but it was very well worth it. He keeps his appointments and calls if anything changes with his schedule. He informed us along the way of the progress and any pitfalls that he ran into. He also has a great eye for design...He installed a Vykrel shower, new toilet, sink, tile floor, drywall, towel rings, and also painted. The work is superior; he uses quality materials, which is why his estimates are a bit more than one may expect. But in the long-term, he uses the best products that will last. Mark is also very approachable, easy to talk to and is open to changes that happen along the way. He is pleasant and cleans up after each day's work.... We highly recommend him. We loved his work so much, we called him back to redo a second bathroom! And we were not disappointed. He helped us along to way, providing contacts where he purchases tile and other supplies (which gave us discounts). This second job included building a tiled shower with a glass enclosure and it is BEAUTIFUL! We HIGHLY recommend Mark Paxton. And we will call him for future jobs, too.

Description of Work
Mark was hired to remove a concrete floor, repour the floor and install a bathroom in our basement.

Category handyman service

05/31/2013

Jessika F.

Mark is the utmost professional. I'm a stickler for people showing up on time, sticking to the plan, and doing exceptional work. Mark is one of the few providers I work with who consistently exceed my expectations (which is not an easy task). Our first project was to finish the basement at my condo. I had had the condo on the market for three years and couldn't sell it. I got a few bids for finishing the basement from some "reputable" vendors who quoted me between $15,000-$20,000 for the job. When I called Mark, he come over and spent a significant amount of time going thorough the options with me and quoted me a range between $5,000-$8,000. He pointed out where we could save and where he thought I shouldn't skimp on the investment. He provided me with a detailed proposal outlining every step of the process and what I could expect to see and by when. We had a two-week time frame and he got started right away. In exactly two weeks, I had a finished basement that looked amazing and was exceptionally well constructed. He and his team even cleaned the outside of my basement windows and vacuumed every room and area they had touched while doing the construction. My condo sold in 3 days because of the basement! A year later I hired Mark again to finish my basement at my new house. The experience was exactly what I expected and my basement looks gorgeous. I continue to work with Mark because, he: Delivers an exceptional end-product Is punctual and professional, always shows up when he says he will and if he has a change in plans, he let's me know Is extremely trust worthy. I have no hesitation leaving him at my house Has a great network of other high-quality providers such as electricians, plumbers, etc. and I trust his judgement Offers me options to choose from to fit my budget and goals Has great taste and I leave many decisions up to him for selecting finishes and details for our projects There is truly no one else I'd like to work with for any of my home projects.

Description of Work
Mark finished my basement in my new home and also finished my basement in my condo to get it ready to sell.

Category handyman service

02/20/2013

Elizabeth S.

Overall, Mark's work, as I said, is superior. When we looked at our finished bathroom, there was absolutely nothing that was left undone. I definitely recommend him (and his plumber, whom he uses exclusively). He had to dig-up the floor (basement concrete) in order to fix what the previous plumber messed-up on. The floor had been poured unevenly; and he had to re-center the shower drain, and level the floor. After the inspection, he worked solidly on the project. He had mentioned during the estimate that he does not usually have a lot of jobs going at once...that he likes to stay focused on one job at a time. And he is true to his word. Of course he had to get other projects going and finish-up older ones while working with us, but dedicated all his time to our project for the majority of time. Mark is easy to talk to about any adjustments that were needed. He offered to lay the floor tile differently than I had planned, and it was an excellent idea! He has a good eye for style and design; and he didn't try to talk us into anything...he just makes really great suggestions. I definitely recommend Mark to take care of your projects. He is respectful of your home and space, your time and money.

Description of Work
Mark Paxton is the most professional person I have worked with in a long, long time. He called back quickly, provided an estimate within a couple of days, and was easy to talk with and modify original plans. He is punctual, cleans-up after each day of work, lays down plastic in his paths for foot traffic and does what he says he will do. The quality of his work is superior to any I have experienced in Columbus. He remodeled a 3 piece bathroom for us. He provided detailed specifications on the shower, toilet and sink that he purchased at a discount and delivered for us (we paid for the fixtures but we didn't even have to shop...what he picked out was perfect) .

Category home remodeling

02/20/2013

Judith F.

I opted to not go with it because the original cost was $6,000 and by the time we went through everything he was packing on extra fees, so I didn't feel I could afford it at the time. He seemed like a nice guy and was very amicable about turning him down when I got the estimate. I thought it was an offer from Angie's List for $6,000, but they wanted us to go out and buy the materials and give us a stipend for it. I felt like I'm buying it retail, but he should have been able to get it wholesale. I didn't feel like the deal was what I thought it was going to be. His demeanor was nice and he was very professional when he came to the house, but it was just the financial part that was a problem for me. He did things through emails and was pretty quick responding back. The only reason I contacted him was because of the special offer, but there are other people we have used for things and know what their outcome is, so I probably would go with them.

Description of Work
I had a free estimate done by Circa Renovations on a bathroom remodel.

Category home remodeling

01/08/2013

MARC L.

In all honesty, the entire job from start to finish could not have gone smoother. From the start Mark was responsive when we first reached out, patient when we took forever to make decisions and always arrived for either a meeting or work when he said he would. He called if he was running late or had to reschedule, he called to check on how we liked how the project was going when we didn't see him in person. He was direct and helpful with suggestions for how we approach certain situations. He offered suggestions for companies to consider for tile, cabinets, etc, but never pushy. He made it clear he'd work with whatever we wanted and within our budget. Beyond just being kind, considerate, thoughtful and punctual - he was remarkably clean with his work space. Every day we'd come home to significant progress on the project but his job site would be neatly packed for the night. He brought an assistant for a portion of the work who was also as pleasant and helpful. The work itself appears perfect. I've gone over the details of the job and have yet to find an imperfection - every seam, grout line, tile placement looks perfect. We had hold ups and delays like any project of this size, but Mark kept us in the loop on every action he took or when things could progress again. The delays were never his but rather hold ups with a particular supplier. When one piece arrived from a manufacturer damaged he consulted us and offered suggestions for options on how we might want to handle. Truly, our experience could not have been better and I would and will hire him without thinking twice for the next project.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of bathroom. Replaced drywall, tub, fixtures, vanity and lighting. Added new tub, tile around shower, hardware, cabinet, flooring, new trim moulding, removed existing door, widened and installed new door and finishing trim. New light fixtures over shower and vanity and replaced wall switches from 2 to 4 switches to handle new lighting fixtures.

Category handyman service,remodeling,home remodeling

12/21/2012

Christopher P.

The experience was overall fantastic. Mark is very professional, punctual and thorough. I was impressed with the methods he used to keep the rest of the bedroom and downstairs free from debris with protective films and paper. He provides detailed estimates and any unforseen changes (for instance, he had to move some pipes that were concealed in a dividing wall) were addressed immediately. I plan on having him do all my future interior projects.

Description of Work
Mark completely gutted, expanded and refinished my bathroom. It involved ceiling high tile in the shower, a tile floor, removing and expanding one wall of the bathroom and relocating some in wall pipes. Later, he installed two basement walls and some closet doors.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

12/06/2012

Michael H.

Mark did excellent work for us. He arrived on time and performed the work as promised. Overall, we were happy with the experience.

Description of Work
Mark repaired a damaged subfloor, tore out and replaced a shower, and fixed water-damaged drywall.

Category handyman service,home remodeling

Double H Cabinet Installation

We specialize in custom cabinets, carpentry services, wood working, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

LDF Outdoor Lighting

Since 2004 I have been designing and installing low voltage outdoor lighting systems for residential clients. Unlike our competition, we are not a division of a larger landscape company, and we are not a national franchise. This means our only focus is on outdoor lighting and our creativity and flexibility is not beholden to a particular product line or business model. As owner, I work on every job we install and take pride and ownership in each one. We vow to make the night the most beautiful and inviting time to enjoy your outdoor home.

Offers by LDF Outdoor Lighting on Angi
    CertaPro Painters of Columbus

CertaPro Painters of Columbus has been serving the Central Ohio and Greater Columbus area since 1994. Locally owned and operated, we are a professional house painting and commercial painting service. We have an outstanding record of customer service and industry leading expertise.

Repair, Replacement & Installation Of Handyman Including Cabinet Making, Carpentry, Ceramic Tile, Decks, Doors, Drywall, Hardwood Flooring, Landscaping, Lighting, Painting, Plumbing, Remodel Kitchen & Bathroom.

Electrical.