Central State Windows & Siding

Founded 1986 • With Angi since February 1996

2458 N High St

Columbus, OH 43202

Additional fax: (614) 762-2612. Financing is available.

06/15/2017

THERESA C.

Scott gave me an estimate last summer, and then life happened---so I did not go forward at that time. I had spoken with several contractors, and decided to go forward with him, but then this year, I got a few more estimates from other contractors to be certain of my decision. This year I met with Gabriel, and the company was still competitive. For me, it's not just the price, but whether I trust the company to do a good job. Most of the companies sent sales persons who had no idea how to install the product they are selling. Most of them also have high markups to cover the cost of their advertising/commissions. Both Scott and Gabriel were straightforward, and did not use high pressure sales tactics. He showed up slightly early, which was thoughtful, because he knew I had a busy day at work. He and his co-worker were professional and polite. One of the rooms had just had the floors refinished, and so I asked that they be mindful of not scratching or damaging the surface. They put drop cloths down, and they were very careful. The windows look perfect, and as I go through the next phase, I will definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
I needed replacement windows. I am staging the project because I cannot offord to do all of the windows at once.

05/16/2017

PAULA W.

Gabe was professional and quoted a better price and time than other companies we spoke to. He was prompt and went the extra mile on several things. He and his assistant had the work done in a day. The windows look great! The storm door is wonderful. And he cleaned and checked all our gutters- not just the section that needed repair. We would definitely call him again.

Description of Work
Needed 5 windows replaced. Needed storm/screen door installed. Needed section of gutter repaired.

12/26/2016

RICHARD H.

Somewhat of a delay in getting the windows from manufacturer, but since we were in no real hurry, delay was acceptable. Windows all installed quickly and professionally. All debris removed from site.

Description of Work
Replaced 12 old steel casement windows in block walls with vinyl sliders

12/18/2016

Sara P.

Our gutter broke away from the house due to icy weather on a Saturday morning. I called Central State and they came out the same day and repaired it! Very professional and responsive. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Gutter repair

Category gutter repair

11/19/2016

Connie W.

Horrible. They did not put any insulation around the windows when they replaced them. We had termite damage because water leaked around and under both doors they installed causing extensive damage. The seal around the glass in the patio door was defective and after many calls to the owner he would not respond to calls and said he could not find the paperwork. Do not hire this company to install your doors and windows. This guy will not return your call if you have a problem or assist you with a warranty claim.

Description of Work
Window and door installation

Category replacement windows, doors

04/12/2016

Marti A.

New windows are a big investment. You want to know that your contractor is skilled and offers a good product and guarantee. Central State fits the bill. We are repeat customers because the installation done by Central State years ago, is as good as the day it was installed.

Description of Work
Installed custom made vinyl casement windows

09/28/2015

Sally T.

We have used Scott on many occasions for windows, roofing and siding work. He never disappoints! One of the nicest most honest and hard working contractors with which we have had the pleasure of working. You cannot go wrong.

Description of Work
He replaced the glass in one of my windows that had lost it's seal. This was not just a rectangular but an arched cathedral window in my sunroom. Not an easy job. But as always Scott is thorough and absolutely does quality work.

Category roofing, replacement windows

02/17/2015

Jerry W.

The work went well! The materials were delivered on Friday. They stared the roof on Saturday and were finished early Sunday. The installers damaged the front gutter, which Scott quickly replaced(the next day). Scott also didn't charge for the extra layer of shingles when the quote was for removal of two layers( I had 3), I doubt other contractors would have done the same. Overall I'm happy and house looks great now. Another contractor tried to charge me $8500 for the work, even though they were running a special on Angie's list for $ 4900. Scott was honest throughout the whole process and earned my business. Thanks Scott, wish I could post pics.

Description of Work
Toar off old roof( 3 layers), installed a new dimensional lifetime shingle, synthetic felt paper, bathroom vent, and gutter extensions to keep water off the lower roof. They also had to install 6 new boards.

Category gutter repair, roofing

01/03/2015

Angel P.

Scott was very responsive in our communication. He was able t make an appointment time that worked well for my husband and I. We received several quotes on the windows for our home. Central State was able to bet the others price with the same quality and warranty of his competitors. The only down side was it did take us awhile to get them installed. In their defense however we were dealing with the holiday season's of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years and my husband and I were traveling. The crew that did the installation were very professional and timely. They arrived at 9:30 am and were completed with installing 15 windows by 5:30, clean up included. Scott returned to our house from another job, inspected the installation and made sure we were aware of how the windows worked and what we needed to do if we have any problems in the future. Thank you to Scott and your crew. We are very impressed with how the windows look and feel. I can barely tell a difference in appearance between out original wood to the vinyl replacements.

Description of Work
Replacement windows

Category siding, replacement windows

06/16/2014

LORI V.

Scott and Eric did an awesome job. Got all the work done in one afternoon and it looks great!

Description of Work
Replaced all bad boards behind gutters, painted boards to match trim , re hung gutters and replaced two down spouts on 4 car garage

Category gutter repair, siding, house painters

06/02/2014

Phil B.

We chose Central State after meeting with several other companies for several reasons. First, because we have an older home (built in the 1920s), we wanted to make sure that we worked with someone who understood the challenges of working with older homes and could help us select appropriate windows that would match our home's decor and our existing windows. Scott fit the bill 100% - he knew all about the history of our house, why our previous windows were likely installed the way they were, and how he could improve the functionality and look of the windows. Second, Central State was more reasonably priced than other companies and didn't pressure us into something we didn't need. Scott and his crew were dynamos - they had the entire project done within a week, despite several days of inclement weather. In addition to incredibly hard-working, they were also meticulous and kept the work area immaculate. We would definitely use Central State again and recommend them for any window or roofing project.

Description of Work
Scott recoiled all of the windows and doors on our house and replaced 6 windows including a very large picture window.

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

01/13/2014

SANDRA F.

The only draw back from this experience is that in my opinion it took too long from the time I contacted the company to actual time window was installed. Perhaps it was due to the holiday season, I don't know. I had a window that was vandalized and I needed it replaced as soon as possible. I contacted Central State the last week of November but it took several weeks before the window did actually get installed. The window didn't get installed until Thursday, December 26th even though I was told it would be installed on Tuesday, December 24th. I didn't get a call telling me that installation would be delayed until December 26th either. I have used this company before and never had any problems and they have always did a good job for me. Even though this time didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked, I would use them again.

Description of Work
installed one replacement window

Category gutter repair

01/12/2014

FRANCIS S.

The quote, window measurement, and installation timing were accurate. Scott recommended windows that met our needs plus our budget, there was never any pressure to over spend on more expensive windows. Removal of old and installation of new windows was completed in 2 days as promised and the team of installers left our house clean and without any mess. Scott and his team are very knowledgeable and professional and we would hire them again.

Description of Work
They removed old windows and installed new more energy efficient windows for the entire house.

09/16/2013

David L.

Everything was fine and nothing jumped out. He was on time.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Central State Windows & Siding for siding.

07/30/2013

Patrick S.

He did what he was supposed to do. Showed up on time. He worked with me.

Description of Work
He did some windows, siding and roof for us.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

06/10/2013

Mary S.

Scott (Central State Inc) did an excellent job. I can't give you all the details but I know everything was done correctly and I would definitely hire him again and recommend him to friends.

Description of Work
replaced my damaged roof

05/09/2013

Pam C.

You can't go wrong using Central State. Scott and his crew did a great job putting in the widows and door! What really stood out to me was their excellent customer service. I purchased a new address plate and Scott offered to install it at no charge! I was also looking to get new kitchen counters. Scott took the measurements for me to make sure that they were correct. They were interested in doing whatever they could to help me get ALL my jobs done, even the ones that they normally don't do. One of the crew members, Doug even ended up being the one to stall my kitchen floor at a very reasonable price!

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and had a new front door installed. Also, replaced trim on the back door.

Category replacement windows, doors

12/20/2012

TOM AND MAUREEN W.

The job went well and pretty much on schedule after a few days delay do to completing another job.

Description of Work
Central State replaced our old siding. The job entailed removal of the old siding and installing new siding, painting of trim and shutters. Also, Central State replaced defective shutters and a door and repaired other features of the exterior of the house.

Category gutter repair, lighting, siding, chimney repair, house painters, doors

08/18/2012

Maia P.

Overall, it went great. The only problems was having to reorder siding on two occasions. They even helped out with some items that were not in the original contract.

Description of Work
The company replaced old siding with new, insulated vinyl siding--quality product--and replaced both the front and back doors and storm doors. The workman were absolutely wonderful! They were a most accommodating, polite, and delightful crew. The only problem was delays when they ran out of siding and had to reorder twice.When I replace my roof, I will call this company again.

04/13/2012

MAUREEN M.

The owner, Scott, is a very nice and personable man. However, the crew doing the work is the complete opposite of him and were unprofessional and made me, my daughter, and my neighbor feel really uncomfortable. They made all the women around the worksite uncomfortable by their attitude. They were rude, childish, and left cigarette butts all over the yard. I asked them to come at 9am instead of 8am, but arrived at 11am instead. The quality was good and their pricing is very good. There were some problems, but Scott fixed them.

Description of Work
We hired them for new siding.

03/27/2012

Heather W.

We really appreciated Scott's promptness, ability to come on short notice and an evening. Many other companies were not as flexible. Scott listened patiently and took the time to understand what we need vs what I thought I wanted :-) He made some excellent suggestions and we ultimately decided to go with his company based on the above, but also price and timing. Unfortunately, our furnace ended up needing to be replaced in December and we couldn't do the windows and HVAC at the same time. We WILL use this company when we are ready to do the windows, hopefully this spring!

Description of Work
We were investigating getting some work done before the end of the year, mainly replacing a kitchen window and patio door.

Category insulation, replacement windows, doors

02/10/2012

Matthew H.

We were happy with work Scott's crew had done for us in the past (replacement windows) on another house, and Scott's estimate for this job was one of the most detailed and clear, so we decided to go with them for this project too. We were very happy with all of the work they did. Kudos especially go to Anthony, who was the crew supervisor and did much of the work himself. He especially did a great job working out solutions to some of the idiosyncrasies of this older house, and many things turned out better than we expected. My only suggestion is to make sure you ask them to use paintable caulk on your window installs on the interior if you plan to paint around them after the work is done. Overall they were great to work with, conscientious, had a fair price, and did a very good job.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding for entire detached garage and clapboard portions of brick house; soffit/fascia cladding and new gutters and downspouts for detached garage and house; new flat rubber roof (including replacement of rotted wood and correction of drainage grade) for screened-in porch; correction of sunken front porch roof/install of new front porch posts; installation of three large vinyl replacement windows and repair of old vinyl window trim/channel that was improperly installed by previous owner.

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

02/01/2012

LOREN G.

Scott came out in a timely basis to provide a quote which was competitive with other quotes I received. The installation was set for early October. Anthony was the crew leader. Anthony and his colleagues, John and Chris, approached their work in a professional manner. The interior floor was covered when removing and installing windows and they regularly vacuumed after themselves. The used the garage for their prep work and cleaned it after every work day. John did an excellent job of trimming out the new windows. I was very pleased with the work done by Central States. We have enjoyed our new windows for about 4 months and have discovered no problems with them. I will consider Central States for future work.

Description of Work
Central States replaced all windows consisting of double-hung and casement windows. The cedar trim on front of the house was also replaced. All of the Pella windows were stained and finished on the inside. In addition, window trim was stained and finished. The grids on the casement windows were stained and finished on the inside facing side and painted on the outside facing side. The replacement cedar trim was stained on all sides, This painting, staining and finishing was done off-site. The installation crew stained cedar trim cuts and did touch-up as needed on the job site.

01/11/2012

Charles P.

I disliked how long it took them to do the job. He took a large sum of money as a deposit and then I didn't hear from him for about a month; it was about 40 percent. I had to call him at least once. He accomplished the job all in one day.

Description of Work
I used Central State Windows & Siding to install a large piece of roofing to repair a leak.

01/06/2012

Kathleen K.

I recently bought a HUD house and knew that it would need a new roof. The house is 6 yrs old and already had 2 layers of shingles with the top layer installed incorrectly. I had several people look at the roof and was advised to tarp it for the winter. I was so worried about possible damage to the house that I decided to try to replace it without waiting any longer. Scott came out and gave me an estimate, taking the time to explain everything to me and answered all my questions. I had gotten 4 estimates from other providers on Angie's list but decided to go with this company because of the assurance that they back up their work and will assist with any repairs needed in the future. Their cost was reasonable and comparable to the other estimates I had received. They came out a couple of days after Christmas to get started. They were able to work around my daytime sleep and work schedule and winter weather. The roof was torn off and replaced in 2 sections. They cleaned up all the debris and quickly removed the dumpster when the job was completed. I was concerned about leaving any nails in the yard or driveway but they were all picked up. I am very satisfied with their work and will use them for work in the future and would recommend them to my friends.

Description of Work
Completely replaced the roof after tearing off 2 layers of shingles.

Category roofing, replacement windows