Central Ohio's Ace Exteriors

Founded 1972 • With Angi since August 2011

2.9

2101 S Hamilton Rd. Suite 213 Hamilton Commerce Center

Columbus, OH 43232

We are a third generation company that has and continues to proudly serve central Ohio and continues to grow using the principles we were built on like honesty, exact pricing with no hidden cost, committment to excellence and standing behind our products as well as our installers work....

05/01/2017

Tami Q.

It went horribly! The company sucks!...however the subcontractors that actually built the deck were very good! The deck looks great! The company has a great song & dance about how good they are& how long in business...but..they gave us the run around.Started with them in the beginning of July..didn't finish until end of October.they said 6-8 weeks.. it took almost 4 months! Every time we had a question it was like pulling teeth to get an answer.always an excuse.never a courtesy call.so frustrating.not the experience we thought we'd have with them.I wish we could've gotten the contractors info..would love to use them again.would NEVER use or recommend them

Description of Work
A composite deck built

Category decks,egress windows

04/28/2017

Scott D.

Starting in January 2017, Ace Exteriors has stopped taking our calls and we've been unsuccessful getting a response. We're now 8 months after closing on the financing and paying the deposit, and still the windows/door have not been installed.

Description of Work
We contracted with Ace Exteriors to replace 23 windows and a patio door in June 2016. We financed the services through Admirals Bank, the lender recommended by Ace Exteriors, and gave Ace Exteriors a $8,500.00 deposit from the loan proceeds. The deposit was paid on 9/8/2016 and we were told the windows/door had been ordered. Several weeks later Ace Exteriors contacted us with a story that the manufacturer was not able to deliver the product due to a materials shortage, so they would have to change manufacturers. Ace Exteriors came to our house to show us the new windows/door and we agreed to continue with the new manufacturer.

Category egress windows,replacement windows

03/14/2017

Larry R.

They refuse to contact us after receiving deposit & no work has commenced after 3 months. They have yet to measure exact linear footage of fence, cannot tell us where the patio will go/or if it needs retaining wall and cannot tell us what color pavers will be (we have told them twice now though). Their contract says "allow 8-12 weeks for work to start" and this time has expired with no updates in the last month.

Description of Work
Paver patio w/fire pit and privacy fence in back yard.

Category fencing,patios

02/21/2017

Erin D.

We signed a contract to have a deck completed with custom planter constructed of the composite decking material. We provided a downpayment on 10/25/2016. It is now February 2017 and we have no deck. We have been given a series of different dates the work would be completed by; 10/31, mid-November, following Thanksgiving. Then the story changes to, our project manager quit and we didn't know the status of anything. Enter new project manager who brings a crew to dig the posts for the decking. This was 12/22/2016, he assured us we would have the project complete by 12/31/2016 assuming good weather. It was 50-60s and sunny following Christmas, still no crew. We are now not receiving return calls and tired of the runaround. We selected this company because they stated their long business history of being privately owned and established, doing the work right and putting a warranty on it. This is why we signed. How could we believe a warranty on work when we can't even get it completed?!? I am questioning if the positive reviews here are fake or perhaps the business has taken a dramatic turn for the worst in the last year.

Description of Work
A composite deck with built-in planters.

Category decks

02/01/2017

ellen D.

We had them give us an estimate (on a Saturday in mid Nov) for siding which we weren't going to have done until spring of 2017. At the time the salesman was very nice and professional. We advised the salesman we were going to get more estimates and he encouraged us to do so. The following week we received a phone call from a woman in their offices, stating they could lower our estimate if we agreed to letting them use our home for before and after photos for the website and print. The salesman returned to give us a lowered price by $5k. Again we told him we wanted more estimates and we had two other firms coming over within the next few weeks. He said to hold the price they needed money from us. We gave them $1k, he said we could get it back if we went with another company. We got another estimate that was about $10k lower than theirs. They returned to re-measure and work up numbers to try to match the other company. Since then we've never heard from them. We've called many times and left messages every time we called. We told them we wanted our money back and would report them if we needed to. I've sent the salesman and the owner both emails and still no response. Terrible way to do business. I will not recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
We wanted our house resided in the spring of 2017.

06/03/2016

sharon C.

It went very good. in laying the new floor in kitchen and carpet. Fixed and painted wall in bedroom and removed one door so we only have one to enter. Can't tell a door was ever there or the wall between the two rooms. The window installing went good also. A lot to do when removing windows and putting new in. All the people that was here were very professional and pleasant. If I had any question they were answered by the workers or Max. Thank you to all that did the work.

Description of Work
Installed new windows, took wall out in bedroom to make it bigger, painted, new outlets,put in system to hang T.V. on the? wall, installed a new wood floor in kitchen and carpet in bedroom.

Category replacement windows

03/30/2016

Melissa S.

The job was fantastically done and was very professional. We couldn't be more pleased. Absolutely love the style of our fence and added feature of the solar light caps on the posts. We were looking for a company that was well established that had been in business for years. I had held onto this particular ad (Central Ohio's Ace Exteriors) for months when we were thinking of building our home and when we did, we jumped at the opportunity to contact Central Ohio's Ace Exteriors to get a quote. Right off the bat I knew I wanted to have this company build our fence. The owner, Max was just so forthcoming and friendly that we couldn't pass this opportunity up. We knew it was going to be costly for the fact that our lot was pretty sizable, approximately 357 feet of fence. We discussed options of wood, styles, and other added features. Max came well prepared to our meeting and even got along with our dog. We liked the fact that cedar wood was included in the style of fence that we picked. He went as far as using wood screws to insure the quality of the fence. Max even went over in detail what was required in maintaining the fence. Overall we would highly recommend this company for fencing or any other project worth building.

Description of Work
Built brand new fence on property

03/03/2016

Kim H.

Everything went well, except for the time frame. We were promised that it would be done by a certain date, and the completion was weeks later. The owner and worker were very pleasant and the construction of the product was excellent.

Description of Work
Rebuilt ramp to house.

11/12/2015

George B.

In working with them they were very professional and did not try to lead us down a path we did not want to go. They quoted us on exactly what we had asked for and they even did the research to find the exact bench-seat railings we wanted on the deck.They told us that they do not have high pressure sales and because we decided to not have the work done at this point I expected them to at least try to overcome my rejection of the current quote and get me to let them do the work. I was very surprised that when I contacted the owner and explained that we had decided to hold off the project for a while his reply was "ok thanks for letting us talk and quote you on the deck you were looking into. I was a pleasure meeting me and my wife and if anything changes in the future just let him know". This was exactly what he said when we first met, that he would not allow high pressure sales in his company. I have seen some of the projects he had completed and I really have to say they seem to do a real professional job. If I decide in the future to have this new deck built, Ace Exteriors would be one of the first companies I would call.

Description of Work
I had them quote me on a two level deck with roof on a weekend home we have in southeast Ohio. two good sized decks was quoted. We had some special requests for a specific bench type of railings on the decks that had to be designed for our application.

Category decks,egress windows

09/23/2015

Brian M.

The removal of my old fence and the installation of my new fence both went smoothly. Approximately 3 months ago I noticed a small gap between one of my corner posts and the fence framing. I had Max's cell phone number so I thought I'd see what he could do to help me even though it was quite some time since the initial installation. Max never missed a beat, he was here very quickly after my call, looked at the issue, explained that due to the amount of rain we had at the beginning of summer he was behind schedule on installs but that he would take care of it as quickly as possible. Today, 9/23/15 to my surprise the same installer that initially overseen my project returned and did the work as promised. I would not only use Max again but would feel confident referring him to my family or friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
I contacted Max in the spring of 2012 to replace a fence in my back yard that was ruined by the storm. We looked at several options and decided to go with the picture framed vinyl.

Category fencing

Jon's Painting / Clintonville Gutter Co

Family owned and operated for over 40 years, we treat your home like we treat our own. We specialize in interior and exterior home services including but not limited to painting, staining, gutter cleaning and replacement of both 5" and 6" gutters along with wood repair/replacement, drywall instillation and repair. We have the capabilities to tackle any project you may have in mind. There is no job too big or small.

Rosati Windows

When you're ready to buy replacement windows and price, quality and service all matter, call Rosati Windows. Our custom windows are manufactured in Columbus, Ohio by a skilled workforce using the most modern equipment available. Our technical and engineering expertise has enabled us to produce windows that are backed by the strongest warranty in the industry. And our customer service is second to none. Consumer Choice Award Winner. Additional e-mail: info@rosatiwindows.com.

Infinity from Marvin Columbus

PREMIUM INFINITY FROM MARVIN FIBERGLASS WINDOWS AND DOORS. OUR PRODUCTS: Our complete line of home windows & doors are custom-made for your home using our proprietary Ultrex fiberglass that is 8 times stronger than vinyl. The durability of Ultrex, combined with our timeless designs & finishes, will ensure your windows & doors withstand the test of time. OUR AWARD-WINNING SERVICE: Our goals with every customer are to provide a worry-free process & an exceptional experience. We also back our service up with a Lifetime Service and Installation Warranty. We'll take care of all the details, you sit back & enjoy your new view. ABOUT US: Backed by a company with over 100 years’ experience, Infinity from Marvin - Columbus provides premium Infinity from Marvin fiberglass replacement windows & patio doors for your home.

Offers by Infinity from Marvin Columbus on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Remodeling - basements, kitchen, bathroom, sunrooms & patio enclosures.