Carpet Repair Service

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2006

64 N Westmoor Ave

Columbus, OH 43204

With over 35 years of experience, you can trust us to hire only the best and most highly skilled technicians to service your home and business so you remain confident in our company. Keep your carpeting looking great all the time with the help of our expert repairing services. You can score a FREE estimate right from the start to help keep your costs down. You can enjoy a wide range of services backed by quality workmanship on every job. We provide attention to detail for your satisfaction....

06/24/2020

Mark E.

Called Jim on a Wednesday, he was there Friday morning and had a dog-caused hole in the carpet of about 3' x 1' fixed within the hour. Looks brand new, highly recommend.

Description of Work
Carpet repair

06/15/2018

JEROME F.

Jim did an outstanding job. Jim moved the furniture in the bedroom and re-sketched the carpet. Jim's experience and high quality was very appreciated.

Description of Work
Re-stretch existing carpet in master bedroom

04/06/2018

Gina B.

Puppy chewed hole in carpet not once but twice. Jim came out both times and repaired the damage. No evidence that any damage ever existed! We didn't have extra carpet so he used carpet from the closet and repaired the closets as well. Very reasonable and excellent work.

Description of Work
Carpet repair

07/14/2017

LAURENCE K.

Outstanding work done. Could not be more pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
Stretched carpets in two rooms.

09/17/2016

ROBERT S.

Jim provided an agreeable estimate over the phone; showed up on time; immediately got down to business; and quickly repaired both spots to like new condition. Results were excellent. We would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Repair of carpet beneath two doors where our cats had clawed to the bare floor.

01/08/2016

IRENE K.

We had a piece of the same carpet and he used a small piece of it to patch the ripped carpet. The extra piece of carpet was not worn like the carpet, but since he only used a small piece of it, we could hardly see the difference. He told us that even that difference would even out and disappear as we walked on it. Jim also told us that he has seen this type of damage done by a cat before, and gave us a tip on how to prevent it in the future (by putting a piece of plastic mat down over the doorway before shutting the cat in the room - makes sense but I'm not sure we would have thought of it!) Jim was very polite and professional and we'd definitely hire him again!

Description of Work
Jim patched a carpet seam that our cat had ripped open in a doorway.

10/22/2015

CARLA E.

Jim answered his own phone on a Monday, and scheduled the appointment for Thursday. He gave me an approximate estimate over the phone. On the day of the appointment, he had a cancellation, so he called and asked to come two hours early. The work was done in an hour, and he vacuumed the carpet before leaving.

Description of Work
Re-stretched the carpet in our bedroom, which had bunched up in a couple of places.

06/12/2015

Ralph K.

Jim Hicks and his son removed our old carpeting and padding and installed 210 sq. yards of new carpeting and padding in our home. Except for 2 bedrooms which were not included in the project the work covered the entire living area of our home. We have used Jim three or four times in the past to repair carpeting in our home. We have always been completely satisfied with his work. In addition to installing the new carpeting, they disposed of the old carpeting and padding. The quality of their work as well as their timeliness and work habits are excellent. Jim and his son are very professional and we would recommend them to anyone who is considering replacing or repairing carpeting.

Description of Work
Jim Hicks installed approximately 210 sq. yards of carpeting in our home.

02/05/2015

S. F.

Extremely well! Mr. Hicks is the best in town, bar none! Can't recommend him highly enough!

Description of Work
Remove wall-to-wall carpeting, pad and tack strips from two rooms on main floor (360 sf) and approx. 100 sf of wall-to-wall carpeting, pad and tack strips from the basement.

11/13/2014

April R.

Jim is a very responsive and a trustworthy professional. He answered my call the first time I called and we scheduled an appointment. He called me when he was 30-40 minutes from arriving on the day of the appointment and was on time, even a little early which I appreciated! He is very professional and very nice, I would reccommend him to anyone. I will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
We had to pull up our carpet because we had to replace the drywall in the living room and Jim came to re-stretch the carpet.

11/12/2014

ROBERT M.

Jim and 2 staff showed up on time on day of scheduled repair service. I made appointment on a Monday and job was completed 48 hours later. Jim very personable and gave me great advice on what type of repairs made economical sense. Job was completed promptly and results were excellent. I was thrilled with service quality.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced a small square of living room carpet that was severely damaged by a small animal. Stretched carpet area in Master bedroom that had a roll in it. Replaced carpet in guest bedroom closet.

09/18/2014

Lacey P.

I didnt have him perform the services as he was unresponsive

Description of Work
He was unresponsive. I called and left a voice mail and texted him and received no response. I messaged him thru angies list asking if he was still in business and he eventually responded. I then wanted to proceed and he didnt get back to me until a week later. At that point I found another company to perform the repair.

08/26/2014

MIKE & PAULA M.

Jim and his crew are just abut the best there is. This is the second time I have used Jim's services and am just as pleased as we were the first time. We needed to replace all the carpet in a rental house - two story including the stairs. He was prompt in coming out to give me a quote and was extremely honest and up front. The installation went so super smooth, he was able to do it all in one day and they cleaned up after themselves and vacuumed also. We can't speak highly enough of Jim and his crew.

Description of Work
Removed all carpet in a 2100 sq ft. house and installed new carpet.

08/14/2014

Carol D.

I sent my request in late yesterday evening, after 9:00 pm. He responded within about 20 minutes, and by 11:30 last night, I knew that he could do the work today because of a cancellation. I called him this morning to give him the address and additional information. He arrived and brought 2 men with him. They did a fantastic job. The carpet looks great and the furniture is back in place. All I had to do was to write a check. I would recommend his service to anyone who needs carpet installation or repair.

Description of Work
The carpet in our master bedroom and in the walk-in closet had wrinkles and needed to be stretched. He moved the furniture out of the room and stretched the carpet, thus eliminating the wrinkles.

08/09/2014

Jennifer C.

Jim was very responsive and did a terrific job. We had a huge wrinkle in the bedroom carpet. Jim and 2 other helpers arrived on time and took about 45 minutes. The wrinkle is gone! Carpet looks terrific.

Description of Work
Stretched wrinkle out of carpet.

07/11/2014

Rick A.

I thought we had a piece of the same carpet to replace the small spot where the dog had chewed. After Jim looked at it, it was a different carpet. I thought we were stuck with replacing a whole set of stairs and hallway. Jim asked if we had a linen closet where he could remove a small piece and replace it with the carpet I thought had matched the stair. We found a back corner of a closet and Jim the got the job done at minimal cost. Great job, what a guy!

Description of Work
Repaired a small piece of carpet that the dog had chewed.

07/06/2014

Theodore Z.

Our carpets had hills in them from not being installed correctly. Jim and his team came in and made our carpet look 110% better. We had not know about this service before and would highly recommend Jim and his team.

Description of Work
Carpet stretching completed

06/10/2014

Kristin N.

We initially contacted the company after finding them on Angie’s List. They completed the work in a short amount of time with a stretching tool. Everything turned out perfect.

Description of Work
We hired them for carpet stretching in a couple of rooms within our house.

06/01/2014

Charles D.

Jim showed up on time, with his team, after the introductions and greeting they went right to work. They worked hard and steady removing old carpeting and the old pading very methodical. As they worked they cleaned up and removed all nails and staples from the floor, used to hold down the old carpet and pad. There was never a mess inside or outside the house. I could not tell you when all the old carpeting was removed or the new was going in, but after 10 hrs of working hard and continuously, the new padding and carpeting was laid down right and it was beautiful. Jim and his staff had great work ethics and were very professional. What a pleasure it was to work with Jim from picking out the carpeting, measuring and planning how to lay the carpeting and then the installation. Jim reminds me of the artisan of old, where pride in one work and craftmanship was important with every job they did.

Description of Work
Remove old carpet from two large rooms, 1-normal 13 step stairs and 1- 4ft wide 14 step stairs. Then replace a new pad and new carpeting with a pattern.

01/03/2014

STEPHEN W.

I needed to have a stain cut out of my existing carpet and replaced with a patch. Carpet Repair did the job quickly and professionally and at reasonable cost. I will definitely use them again.

10/31/2013

Cherylyn C.

Job was done quick and professional. You can barely tell where repair was made to carpet and that is only if you know where to look. I will absolutely call him again and suggest to friends.

Description of Work
Replaced an area of carpet where a dog ate through to the floor.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for the kind review. We are dedicated to providing you with excellent service, that will allow you to enjoy your carpet for a longer period of time.

10/31/2013

Emily S.

Highly recommend!!! While they ran a little late, they called to let me know they were on their way, then when they were lost (different spelling of my street lead them to the other side of town), but not a big deal, I appreciated the call. They came in and assessed the damaged areas. I was originally quoted $90 over the phone, but I know my description over the phone wasn't that great. After seeing the damage in person, he increased it to $175, but I found this to be completely fair. In about 30 minutes, 2 men (I believe one was the owner), had repaired/replaced two larger sections and fixed up 3-4 smaller sections that my cats had scratched up pretty bad. The repairs are fantastic! If it wasn't newer looking carpet going into a heavy traffic area, you would have no idea I ever had the repairs done (professional carpet cleaning later that week helped). Really really great job and I highly recommend! While I called once when booking, left a message, but didn't get a response after a day or two, so I called another company. I received a quote from this other carpet installation company (that warned me they do not offer competitive pricing with repairs) and it was going to be more than twice as much! Thinking this was a little high, I called back this carpet repair company, and luckily got a hold of someone, and I'm SO glad I tried again and hired them.

Description of Work
Repaired 5-6 spots of carpet from cat scratching damage, either using spare carpet I supplied or glueing back in smaller damaged areas.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for the kind review. We are dedicated to providing you with excellent service at a competitive price. So glad you called back and we do apologize for not getting back to you in a timely manner the first time you called. We look forward to helping you with any carpet repair in the future.

10/23/2013

Gregory B.

Jim did an excellent job. The carpet is a berber carpet that had never been installed correctly and had numerous wrinkles in it. I thought it needed to be replaced but he came out and gave us an estimate, we decided for the price it was worth trying. He stretched it and cut it to fit properly around the doors. We're very happy with the result.

Description of Work
Repaired and stretched carpet in three large bedrooms

Category carpet installation

Thank you for the kind review. We are dedicated to providing you with excellent re-stretching services so that you can keep your carpet longer! We are thrilled you are happy with our work and look forward to serving your carpet repair or re-stretching needs again.

09/15/2013

MELODEE C.

Jim arrived slightly after the scheduled time but had been busy with customers all day. He quickly analyzed the carpet damage, and then worked with our carpet scraps to craft a beautiful repair. He carefully matched the weave and positioning of the replacement carpet patch and was able to make a nearly seamless repair that you can hardly tell was ever made. Outstanding work, glad we were able to have him repair this rug. Saved us several hundred dollars (or more) by not having to replace the entire carpet. Well worth the price.

Description of Work
Jim and his helper Eric came in to repair a white Berber carpet that had been damaged by dropping a steam iron on a section of it, partially melting the top area of the rug.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for the kind review. We are dedicated to providing you with excellent carpet repair services so that you can keep your carpet longer! We pride ourselves on our quality of work and the satisfaction of our customers. Keep us in mind if you find yourself in need of a carpet repair in the future.

09/04/2013

Jamila K.

In summary, fantastic! The carpets are flat, no ripples and the edges were professionally done. I can't even tell the carpet patch repair unless one looks for it.

Description of Work
We had just gotten our carpets professionally cleaned last month. The carpet displayed many wrinkles. I called Mr. Hicks and he came out and gave an estimate which included a carpet patch repair of a previously poorly done repair.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for the kind review. We are dedicated to providing you with excellent carpet re-stretching and patchwork services so that you can keep your carpet longer! We give each job personal attention and won’t leave until the job meets your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again when an unforeseen carpet issue arises.