Calhoun Plumbing Co

Founded 1992 • With Angi since April 1999

959 Frebis Ave

Columbus, OH 43206

8 employees. No additional charge for Sat hours. Uses subs for tile, flooring & electrical when remodeling. Charges a rate of $20 per quarter hour. $45 service fee applies. Additional contact name - Jeremy Stroupe. Family owned & operated. Additional e-mail -sales@calhounplumbing.com

11/18/2020

Glenda C.

Two gentlemen was very prominent in the morning and had everything done the same day. They did a top notch job and my bathroom tub and shower are beautiful. I would definitely hire this company again!!

Description of Work
Water leak, new tub and shower surround

Category appliance repair, plumbing

02/17/2020

CINDY D.

A plus! The estimator kept me apprised of work schedule, and what they were doing. They also communicated very well.

Description of Work
They replaced my frozen plumbing.

11/13/2019

EDWARD F.

Professional, proficient, polite and prompt service when Josh and Noah installed a new hot water heater tank that had given up the ghost 24hrs earlier. The appointment was made the morning after my wife was admitted to the hospital so to wake up the next morning to a leaking hot water heater almost put me "over the edge"! The quote over then phone was a fair price for the installation of a heater I would purchase at Home Depot and they called 30mins before arrival, needing to pick up the tank first. They kept the place clean, putting on their boot covers probably 10 different times. 2hrs later I had hot water! So very pleased to have found a professional, skilled plumber! I will use them in the future if I ever need a plumber.

Description of Work
HOT WATER HEATER INSTALLATION

Category plumbing, water heater repair

11/02/2019

Kimberly P.

My water heater died on Tuesday night. I called Wednesday morning and got an appointment for Thursday. The technicians were so on time they were actually early. It turned out the water heater they brought to replacement my old one was a little taller than what I had, but they decided to change the pipes to make it work, since there was plenty of ceiling clearance. The price was exactly what was quoted to me, including the fee they were upfront about. The technicians were courteous, worked quickly, and did a lovely job. The new heater has been going strong!

Description of Work
Tank water heater installation (gas)

Category water heater repair

11/19/2018

Taylor P.

We have used Calhoun for several services over the past seven years, so they were our first contact when we decided to have a kitchen gas line installed for a new stove. THe first interaction went very well--we scheduled the work and the tech came to the house and saw that the installation would not be a simple one due to the age of our house. He helped us get in contact with his supervisor to have an estimate done for the work. We waited for over a week to for the estimate to be scheduled. We finally called back and we were told by the supervisor that he had tried to get in touch with us several times by phone. We confirmed that he had the correct number, which he did, and we moved on to schedule the estimate. He came to the house and talked us through what needed to be done. He told us he would sent the estimate via email the next day. We waited for several days for the email. Finally, we called back and were able to talk to the same person. He told us that he had already emailed us and we confirmed he had the correct e-mail address, which he did. He said he would send it again immediately. We waited again for the email and it never came. We did do a very thorough job of making sure it didn't end up filtered out of the inbox. The email was not there. After the weekend (a full week after the estimate), we called and asked for a verbal confirmation of the estimate and to schedule the work. At this point, we needed to coordinate the delivery of the stove, the gas work, and electrician. We wanted to get this done before Thanksgiving. We also had a second company come out for an estimate, and Calhoun was priced within the range of the other estimate. So we scheduled the job. We scheduled the work for Monday, November 19th. The service tech was scheduled to arrive at 8:30 and we were told it was a 4 hour job. At 9:30am, an hour after the scheduled arrival time, there was no Calhoun provider nor did we receive a call from Calhoun. We called to inquire about the status of the arrival, and we were then told that the tech was ill and they wouldn't be able to make it out today. At this point, we are completely frustrated. To be clear--we have had several positive experiences with this company (clogged pipes, etc). But when we did not receive a call to let us know that the gas line would not be installed and were left to wait and wonder (and after multiple other communication problems related to this job), the totality of this experience has left us feeling that we cannot use this company for future work.

Description of Work
Kitchen gas line installation

10/14/2018

Sheri L.

Excellent service. Excellent response time. My 20 years old water heater was slowly leaking out of the bottom. I received several estimates for the same 40 gallon bradford white water heater. They were by far the least expensive (by $500) and did an excellent job from start to finish. They also had to replace the water shutoff valve and the gas shutoff valve.

Description of Work
installed new gas water heater

Category water heater repair

05/12/2018

GARY C.

Troy did a great job. He was friendly, knowledgeable and he thoroughly cleaned up his mess.

Description of Work
Replaced seal on commode.

10/20/2017

Claudia M.

We really appreciate the work they did. They are going to come back and fix bathtub, and faucets leaking.

Description of Work
Main sewage pipe leaking and rusted through.. needed repaired and replaced. Had to dig into concrete in basement. Did a very thorough job. Cleaned up well after themselves.

05/08/2017

Krista H.

The kitchen faucet was replaced and works like a charm. The bathroom faucet works well, too. But they hooked up the hot and cold water to that tap in reverse in the process and I didn't know it until after they left. The shower fixtures took a little longer than expected, but also work well. I had to ask them to readjust the handles before they left because the shower faucet wouldn't turn on fully the way they had been installed. They were nice and helpful, but I feel like I would have to really watch what they were doing if they came back, after the two issues I had in the process the first time.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen and bathroom faucets and the shower fixtures

05/02/2017

Sharon R.

Calhoun Plumbing arrived within the allotted window of time, assessed the situation, and quickly fixed our plumbing. They clearly explained what was wrong and what was done to correct the problem. The explanation of charges was clear. And the work area was clean when they finished. We will call them again if needed and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Bathroom clogged plumbing repair.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

05/01/2017

ORVILLE J.

They installed a new quarter-turn that works really nice. No longer have to turn a handle 3 or 4 turns to shut off water.

Description of Work
Needed a new water main shut-off valve.

05/01/2017

Morgan K.

It went ok but while adding the gas line the technician knocked down an air vent that was very difficult for us to fix. So we had to hire someone to come in and fix it.

Description of Work
Gas line added for gas range in kitchen.

Category appliance repair, plumbing, home remodeling, gas leak repair

03/30/2017

Vance C.

One person came to complete the service. It took maybe an hour to complete the service.

Description of Work
They put in a new faucet in the kitchen.

Category drain cleaning

03/30/2017

Jo Ann B.

There were some issues with the instillation but Calhoun was quick to make it right.

Description of Work
Toilet installation

03/22/2017

Larry A.

Excellent. Woke up to no hot water and discovered that the water heater failed overnight. By noon the same day, we had a new water heater. Prompt and professional, they first arrived to check the situation. With access information, measurements and plumbing information they brought in the appropriate water heater and got it quickly installed.

Description of Work
New water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

02/10/2017

CHARLES I.

John and his assistant arrived punctually. Nice personalities and very professional.

Description of Work
A new faucet installed in the bathroom lavatory. Water in the sink was very slow draining. Cabled the drain which seems to have solved the problem.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

01/11/2017

Mark W.

I was quite impressed by their quick response and their eagerness to guarantee customer satisfaction. Though we did have a little bit of a delay on the service, but I do recommend them!

Description of Work
They fixed our leaky shower.

01/03/2017

Phil B.

Pat was awesome. Arrived on the day they said and completed the work in an efficient and neat manner. Price was good too.

Description of Work
Minor work fixing plumbing in basement and fixing a leaky toilet.

12/11/2016

Marilyn K.

We scheduled our appointment between 8 and 10 am. John and Sam arrived at 8:15. They didn't call before they arrived. We showed them what we needed done. They looked at it, got some tools from the truck and started the work. One did the gas while the other worked on the kitchen faucet. The faucet we bought had a way to limit the handle so that you didn't scald yourself and they adjusted that for me. They had to make an adjustment because the line provided for the hot water was too short to reach my supply line. They cleaned off the shutoff valves and confirmed that they were not leaking. John told me that the faucet we purchased has been known to leak from the handle after a while. That confirmed what I had read in the reviews for it. But it was the kind of faucet I wanted so we'll see. They will take cash, check, credit for payment. They finished up the paperwork and were gone by 9:20.

Description of Work
Our old kitchen faucet was worn out so we needed to replace it with a new faucet that we bought. We also just replaced a gas dryer with an electric dryer and needed to have the gas line capped off.

12/08/2016

Annie B.

I was very pleased with this company. They were prompt in offering a reasonable quote. The contract was clear and the work was done efficiently and well. The workers were courteous and answered all questions I had. Oh my! It's wonderful to have full water pressure again!

Description of Work
Water line (original to the house) needed to be replaced.

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe

10/20/2016

Stephanie R.

My experience with Calhoun Plumbing Co was very positive. We've had them out a couple of times. They were quick and professional. If I were to recommend them to a friend or family member, I would say the same, that they were quick and professional. I thought the price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Calhoun Plumbing Co replaced the faucet, and fixed and replaced a leaking kitchen hose.

09/27/2016

Lucia N.

Used them because I wanted kitchen sink fixed quickly and they provide same-day service. Overall wasn't happy with the service. Way over-priced and tried to over-charge for amount of time here working, plus supply charges were really high. Keep track of time log of when they arrive to work and leave. Couldn't fix the issue the same day and had to come back the following day. Didn't communicate well with what they were doing and why. Just not the type of company I prefer to do business with.

Description of Work
Unclogged kitchen sink drain

Category drain cleaning

08/29/2016

JUDY N.

Had me sign for me to acknowledge that they came out. but they didn't give me a copy, they said they normally mail it out. They were friendly but I never did received the itemized list.

Description of Work
They came to see the job and order parts.

03/08/2016

Gayla P.

I did not use the services of the provider.

Description of Work
I did not use the services of the provider.

12/16/2015

Susan J.

Calhoun has great customer service. They called to let me know they were on their way. They showed up exactly when they said they would. My only complaint is that the pricing is excessive. The only materials they used were enough flux, solder, and propane to do one join on a small copper line (we provided the pipe) and that was a $23 materials charge. The trip charge was $45 plus $1.00 a minute for time on site. That said, the repair worked and they did send us a letter thanking us for our business.

Description of Work
Soldered a copper line back together in the bathroom.

Hague Water Conditioning

Say goodbye to your water problems! Hague Water Conditioning is an American owned company manufacturing its products in the USA, right here in Ohio. Hague is the oldest major water treatment manufacturer under continuous family ownership for over 60 years and home of the Water Max. The Water Max is the most efficient domestic water treatment system on the market manufactured using the finest material and state-of-the-art technology, with best warranty in the industry. All services are provided by factory trained, licensed and bonded staff members; we never subcontract our work to outside individuals or companies. Together, we are committed to a brand of customer service and professionalism that is unmatched in the water treatment industry. Contact us today to schedule your service!

The RC Team

The RC Team is a full-service general contracting company to cover all your needs. From the excavation of a new house, remodeling an existing kitchen, to the installation of a new deck, we do it all.

J & J Construction and Redesign

We are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of general contractor home improvement services that are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in remodels, but also offer a wide range of expertise for a variety of other projects. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction. Pleas call us anytime day or night we can help you with any problem that may happen. We can be reached at call or text any time JEREMY 614-795-1850 JASON 614-816-3710. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you!

$10

Plumbing repair, remodeling & renovation, drain cleaning, downspout cleaning & replacement, bathroom remodeling, gas lines, appliance repair, camera, jetting & leak detection.