Bradley Builders Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since February 1999

Email me at: bradleybuilders@sbcglobal.net Bradley Builders, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business. Owner Brad Arensberg will personally meet with you about your job to listen to your needs and explain to you the installation process and quality service his company provides. Complete

2022 Super Service Award

roofing (554)skylight installation (30)gutter repair (21)awnings (21)chimney repair (19)general contractors (8)siding companies (7)roof cleaning (5)window replacement (3)masonry (3)ceiling fan installation (2)screen repair (1)

11/12/2022

Gretchen C.

Excellent experience! Brad was very nice. Did great job. Easy to work with.

Description of Work
Roofing/gutters

Work Completed On 11/12/2022

09/06/2022

Nancy A.

Dear Homeowner – More than a year ago, Bradley Builders installed a new roof on our mid-century home in Clintonville. The planning and installation were done with professional care. The roof itself is beautiful - and durable against Ohio’s increasingly violent storms. Our project proceeded smoothly toward an exceptional roof because of Brad Arensberg. Brad has a lifetime of expertise with the features and foibles of old homes. Brad carefully and completely inspected our preexisting roof and reported to us on its failings. He then guided us through the shingle selection process. And on installation day, he personally supervised his crew so each worker performed his/her job with exacting skill and competence. After that, prompt debris removal, two thorough clean-ups, and Brad’s final site inspection capped a job well done. Our earlier roof prematurely failed because of mis-installation. After more than one year as a shakedown period, I have no doubt that Brad’s roof will last its full life on our home. May your roof project go as well as ours did. Highly recommended. – Bruce K.

Description of Work
Install new roof

Work Completed On 07/25/2021

08/05/2022

Chris R.

Brad and his team were amazing! We hired another company to do the job. We were told it would take 3 weeks to complete. After waiting for nearly 3 months with nothing being done we fired the other company and hired Brad's team. Brad's team had the job complete in less than a week. They were wonderful. Professional, punctual, and efficient. The job was done correctly and under the budget of the previous company we had contracted with. Communication was fantastic. I really have nothing but positive things to say about Bradley Builders. I would hire them again in a heartbeat. Thanks Brad. We're happy our ceiling doesn't leak every time it rains.

Description of Work
Roof replacement - Shingle

Work Completed On 08/02/2022

07/28/2022

Sam E.

Brad is a consummate professional. When quoting our job, he separated himself from the other companies bidding our job with his highly detailed and forthright presentation. His price was competitive and his work was impeccable. Our new roof looks wonderful and we cannot recommend Bradley Builders highly enough.

Description of Work
Total roof replacement

Work Completed On 07/07/2022

06/21/2022

John W.

Brad contacted me the very same day I requested an estimate even though my request was late in the afternoon. He was able to make a repair to my roof in a very short time, explain the process clearly, and finish the job with an outstanding result within the budget that was estimated.

Description of Work
Repair to a hole in the roof

Work Completed On 06/14/2022

01/22/2022

William S.

The job went extremely smoothly. From estimate to clean-up and completion, there were no times when we worried about the process or the result. This was a 3 story attached home multiple skylights roof lines and we contracted it with our attached neighbor. Both sides were extremely happy with how the work was done. Bradley Builders were punctual, prompt, and professional in every aspect. Our neighbor felt precisely the same. We would hire them again should the need arise.

Description of Work
Reroofing an attached home

Work Completed On 01/22/2022

12/23/2021

TIM C.

I couldn't be happier with my new roof and the experience of working with Brad and his team. I had been looking for upscale asphalt shingles that seemed impossible to find (supply chain issues caused by the pandemic), but Brad's team found me the perfect solution. They also gained approval from the review commission for the historic district I live in though the project was somewhat outside the guidelines. One more thing, Brad was on site to supervise the work -- a big plus.

Description of Work
New roof installation.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 12/14/2021

11/16/2021

ERIN D.

Brad and Brian were exceptional. Brad is extremely knowledgeable about roofs and took the time to explain to me what may be causing my leak and how to best address the issue. Brian showed up to do the work, and was efficient and clean. I called Brad about a different issue a month or so later and he again took the time to educate me on the types of roofs and what my options might be. My overall experience was excellent and I would use them again.

Description of Work
Perform patching to an area of a rubber roof

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

10/19/2021

Emily W.

We hired Bradley Builders to repair our entire roof in fall 2020. We received quotes from at least 5 different companies, but we decided to hire Bradley Builders because of the professionalism and timely communication from the owner Brad, and because Brad himself said he would be present during the workdays to supervise his staff. The supervision of his staff was very important to us because we have had negative past experiences with other companies for various home projects because the staff did not perform work as promised or on time. Brad and his workers arrived promptly on time each day, worked very efficiently, and Brad was present supervising his staff just as he promised. We are very satisfied with the quality of work on the roof, including the flashing material around the chimney and the two additional skylights they installed for us. Brad is very thorough and detailed in his work and he followed through on everything we agreed upon when hiring his company. I would recommend Bradley Builders.

Description of Work
Full roof repair

Work Completed On 11/13/2020

09/03/2021

Donald G.

They did a great job on the roof. They were very careful of our landscaping and awning and final cleanup was great. Very attentive to detail.

Description of Work
Installed a new roof

Work Completed On 09/01/2021

08/30/2021

JEFF S.

Extremely well. Couldn't have been better. Contacted on Thursday, fixed on Monday. I did benefit from the threat of rain, making his previously-scheduled large jobs risky, leaving my repairs as a good option for the uncertain weather. Great price, timeliness, workmanship--everything.

Description of Work
Replace shingles on a small roof section and create barriers to keep raccoons and squirrels from damaging that area again.

Work Completed On 08/30/2021

08/16/2021

Nate K.

I described what I observed during a recent downpour and emailed Brad some pictures of the current vent pipe since the water seemed to be dripping all the way down the pipe, and he zeroed in on the condition of the pipe boot and said he could get Brian out by the end of the week. Brian came out within two days and swapped in a new boot, put fresh coat of paint on the faded pipe, resealed the furnace vent collar, and repaired and sealed a few nail pops he noticed when inspecting the rest of the roof. Thanks!

Description of Work
Leak dripping down vent pipe to basement

Work Completed On 08/11/2021

07/16/2021

Jill H.

Brad did an excellent job explaining everything in terms that I understood, and I felt I knew exactly what to expect the day he and the crew did the work. The crew worked incredibly hard and cleaned very well, with Brad returning on day 2 to complete the chimney flashing.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 07/16/2021

07/09/2021

Donnie S.

Brad is fantastic to work with. He provides a lot of info about problems and solutions. Completely trust him with any roofing needs. He goes the extra mile.

Description of Work
Brad has worked on redoing someone else's faulty roofing and addressing ripped shingles/missing chimney cap/gutter gapping.

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

05/28/2021

David E.

My experience with Bradley Builders was that I received gold-star service. I chose the company from several vendors because of the personalized service provided by Brad, from providing an estimate and explaining the process, to completion of the project on time and according to the budget estimate. I like to support local family businesses, and Bradley Builders is an example of the best these businesses can offer, with excellent customer-oriented service and quality work. I won't hesitate to call on Brad and his company in the future.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

05/14/2021

William A.

It went extremely well. The business owner was personally on-site and helped with the work. He was very careful to listen to our concerns and come up with solutions to problems that we had been having. They were very careful not to damage shrubbery, decks, etc. They were very thorough in cleaning up. We were extremely happy with all phases of the job.

Description of Work
Replace two skylights and put a whole new roof on.

Category awnings, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

05/11/2021

Marcia B.

The owner responded to my email within 24 hours and then personally performed the work right away based on his availability. He was very meticulous and able to precisely locate the small roof leak. He performed some other minor roof repair, inspected the roof and then even cleaned out my gutters while on the roof. A service he normally does not do. He seems very knowledgeable about roofing materials and installation. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Minor roof repair and inspection

Work Completed On 05/04/2021

05/07/2021

Thomas K.

Bradley Builders did a tear-off/replacement of our 20 year old roof and the job he and his company did was exceptional. He approached our job with integrity in terms of workmanship, safety, and service, and kept an open line of communication with us at all times, informing us of everything we needed to know and thoughtfully answering all our questions. He gave every aspect of the job his careful attention, from the big picture all the way to the smallest detail, from the daily coordinated delivery/pickup of the shingles and dumpsters, to being onsite during the work, to completing a thorough final clean up of the property himself. He is a trustworthy, conscientious, and personable individual, and the job he did reflects that and is a great credit to his company. Everything about the work was done right the first time so I’ll never need to call him again, which is oddly too bad since I’d hire him in an instant if he did other contracting or rehabbing. Reroofing this place was the biggest job I’ve had to hire out on this property and it was such a relief that it all fell into place without a hitch. It’s nothing short of the roof over our head- and the work couldn’t have been better.

Description of Work
New roof sheathing and shingling

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights, roof cleaning

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

04/23/2021

Annette H.

Brad and his team did a wonderful job. He was very responsive when I initially called for an estimate and kept in touch with me prior to the actual work being performed. He set forth expectations and provided a very detailed explanation of the work and his timeline. The crew did a great job with the install. They were thorough and did the work exactly as contracted and the clean up was exceptional when they finished. I highly recommend Bradley Builders.

Description of Work
New roof added on house and garage.

Work Completed On 04/22/2021

02/25/2021

MIKE & MARSHA A.

We called Brad because we had recently discovered water damage to the ceiling in our front hallway due to a long-standing leak. We assumed the water was getting in from the seam between a dormer and the roof. Brad searched high and low to find a leak before discovering the problem was with the siding and not the roof. He demonstrated to my husband how wind can lift the siding in one spot on the dormer driving in rain and eventually rotting some of the wood. Brad does not do siding but was able to caulk and fasten down the siding temporarily until we can get someone in to address the problem. Brad worked diligently for two hours to find the source of the water, searching carefully both on the roof and in the tight quarters of the access area to the dormer. I'm sure many others would have given up long before finding it. We were thrilled to get an answer to our problem even though we must continue our search for someone to repair it. It was money well spent.

Description of Work
Check for water leak

Work Completed On 02/24/2021

01/14/2021

SRINATH S.

Contacted Bradley Builders about replacing the roof. We were not sure if the roof had sustained hail damage and needed an opinion and estimate before contacting the insurance company to make a claim. Jim returned my initial call within a few days. Scheduled a time to come out to inspect and give an estimate. Was on time and offered to be here when the insurance adjuster made his visit. Once the insurance company came back with their estimate for the work, Bradley Builders negotiated with the insurance company the difference between the insurance estimate and their estimate and got the insurance company to approve the builders estimate for repairs. Brad then contacted us about scheduling the work and what to expect. They started work at 7:15a and finished around 2p. Brad was there for most of the work. Place was completely cleaned up after. Brad followed up by sending the invoice to the insurance company for them to cut the final check. Would absolutely recommend Bradley Builders and will be going back to them if we ever have any roof work.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

01/12/2021

Kate K.

I was incredibly impressed with Bradley Builders Inc. from start to finish! When I first met with Brad, he was very professional and I felt confident that he was giving me an honest estimate for my roof. During the actual construction, Brad's team was thorough and conscientious of not only our home, but our time as well. The roof looks awesome! I would absolutely recommend Bradley Builders Inc. for any roofing needs!

Description of Work
New roof with upgrades

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

01/09/2021

Daniel F.

Excellent. It took a few more days to get a quote than another company and it was a bit more expensive, but I still preferred Bradley Builders since the level of detail was impressive. Every square inch of our roof was inspected and we were shown all the problems our roof had (with the other company, the inspection & quote was quicker, but it wasn't as highly detailed as Bradley). For me, I'd rather wait a little bit more & pay a little bit more for the peace of mind knowing someone is doing an excellent job. On the day of the actual roof change, it was all done in one day. I've had many jobs done by many contractors and they all end up taking more time doing the work, but with Bradley everything was done in one day.

Description of Work
Got a new roof and chimney was repaired in the process.

Category roofing, chimney repair