Basements Unlimited

Founded 1987 • With Angi since March 1998

Since 1987, we've specialized in home basement remodeling and refinishing in the greater Columbus, Ohio area. Al Cloern explains the entire remodeling process when working with Basements Unlimited for your new finished basement. Drawings, permits and even building materials are all part of planning a basement living space for you and your family. When we agree on the basement renovation plan, we will give you a start date and a completion date. We believe the job is not finished until the client is completely satisfied. All work is fully guaranteed and the work site is fully insured. We use only quality materials. Construction is done like building a new house: 2 X 4 walls, insulation, vapor barrier, full electrical, dry wall, wood moldings, specialty lights, and glass block windows....

Buckeye Basement Solutions

Our team at Buckeye Basement Solutions has years of experience helping home owners combat foundation and water intrusion issues. We pride our selves on providing complete repairs and services for every customer and aim to provide a 100% satisfactory customer experience. We are unlike other foundation repair and basement waterproofing companies, our team at Buckeye Basement Solutions has services that fit every need. Whether you have basement waterproofing issues in your home or foundation structural problems. We provide a complete range of services including preventative services such as drainage line repairs to structural repairs and crawlspace encapsulation. Trust our experts at Buckeye Basement Solutions to do the job right the first time.

Offers by Buckeye Basement Solutions  on Angi
Five Star Painting of Plain City

Five Star Painting of Plain City is a locally owned and operated company from part of the Neighborly Group of over 3700 companies standing ready to serve the needs our clients all over the United States. Our projects are clean, on time, and on budget. We strive to provide our customers with the best in quality and service at an affordable rate. Our workmanship is guaranteed with a comprehensive warranty and all residential and commercial projects are welcome. We will always reply promptly to your requests. We accept credit cards and can even provide financing for our customers projects. Call today for a free in home consultation.

Offers by Five Star Painting of Plain City on Angi
CertaPro Painters of Columbus

CertaPro Painters of Columbus has been serving the Central Ohio and Greater Columbus area since 1994. Locally owned and operated, we are a professional house painting and commercial painting service. We have an outstanding record of customer service and industry leading expertise.

10/18/2018

Al and team did a fantastic job our our basement. We had a large project, but the team paid attention to every single detail and really went above and beyond. From the beginning, we appreciated the line by line estimate that explained every cost rather than simply charging a standard price per square foot. The quality of all the work, from bathroom to flooring, walls, painting etc. was excellent. ...

Description of Work
Basement finishing

Category custom cabinets,drywall,electrician,egress windows,insulation,lighting,plumbing,woodworking,interior painters,basement remodeling

08/21/2017

Called them and they said that because I was in Blacklick, it was probably too far out for them to go. He said he would look at where I was and get back to me. He never got back to me. I live in Franklin County and pay Columbus taxes - but somehow we're too far out there. Apparently they don't need the business.

Description of Work
Wanted to get my basement finished

Category basement remodeling

Hello, I apologize for not getting back with you i misplaced your number after taking your call at a job site. I should have just said no from the beginning when you said [Removed Member Location] because we only really work the outer belt to Gahanna. I'm sorry for inconvenience this may have caused you but pretty sure our profile on Angie's list doesn't include [Removed Member Location]. We are a...

01/30/2017

Al was professional, provided great ideas for our design, and was very willing to listen to what we were looking for. We felt very comfortable with his crew being in our house while we were at work, and they did a great job keeping the construction dust out of our normal living area. Al is clearly committed to quality work, both during and after construction. When minor hiccups happened (which are...

Description of Work
Finished a lower level walk out, including tv/movie area, play area, custom bar / kitchenette, full bath, bedroom, and workout area. Not sure of exact size, but probably 1,200+ sq feet. Kitchen area has custom built cabinets and quartz countertop that turned out amazing.

04/30/2016

Al was very professional and we would have been happy to use his company for our project. We ultimately chose another company in a very close contest. The only complaint I have is that it took weeks longer to get the proposal and estimate back from Al, probably due to his company's being very busy. This is the reason for my C rating of their responsiveness. If you are finishing your basement, I re...

Description of Work
Provided proposal and estimate for finishing 500 to 600 sqft of unfinished basement.

04/29/2016

The job was completed about 7 months ago, and we're very pleased with the work done by Basements Unlimited. Al and his crew were very easy to work with, particularly Lance, the project manager. All of the guys were polite, approachable, and open to questions and suggestions on the fly. With the bottom of the ceiling joists being only about 7.5' from the floor, we opted to have them painted a dark ...

Description of Work
Remodeled basement of early 60's ranch, approximately 700 square feet, including HVAC, electrical, lighting and carpet.

02/19/2016

This work was done 7 years ago, in 2009. We are now selling our house and the finished basement still looks great! Still one of the best parts of our house. Al's design was awesome! The contractor and subs did great work. Roger, who worked with Al at the time, did great work and was super friendly. We had some electrical issues after the fact, that turned out to not be related to the work done, but Al was super responsive. We had some embarrassing issues with one of the checks we wrote. Al was understanding and patient with us.

Description of Work
Had half of our basement finished, glass block in all basement Windows and skirt insulated. Electrical service to house was upgraded. Unfinished portion of basement was scraped and painted.

Category basement contractor

01/16/2016

I liked everything about him. He was responsive, professional, and gave me a full estimate without any hassle. He even gave my a list of references and I feel that he was the most honest person I have had here.

Description of Work
He came out to give me an estimate.

Category basement contractor

09/01/2015

We found Basements Unlimited/Al Cloern on Angieslist and we could not be happier. From the first time my husband met with Al to discuss the scope of our project, we felt completely at ease. During the remodel, we were in and out of town throughout the process and Al was great at communicating with us via email, text and phone as needed. When we had an issue with our heating system during the cold snap in March, Al personally went to our property after 11PM to turn on the faucets and check the temperature inside to make sure we did not have any pipes burst until we could get the HVAC company out to repair the issue the next day. The workmen were all pleasant and professional and we are really enjoying our newly remodeled basement. Al did a great job on planning the layout - It is so much more functional and attractive than the outdated basement we started with. Also, Al stuck to his bid. The only additional costs were for additional items which we requested, or for those which were needed to meet code that he could not have known about until he got into the job. And for those additional items, the charges were more than fair. (We added a counter to the laundry room, went with a higher cost flooring throughout the basement than originally planned, and also upgraded the vanity in the bathroom). They also built a custom shelving/cabinet unit in the wall flanking the shower in the new bathroom, added cabinet doors under the laundry counter to conceal plumbing, and completely finished a storage area under the stairway in the bedroom (flooring, paint and lighting!). We are so pleased that we found Basements Unlimited and highly recommend them!!!

Description of Work
Basements Unlimited completely gutted our existing, outdated basement. Al Cloern planned and designed the new layout himself based on the areas we told him we desired (rec room, bedroom, bathroom, laundry room). Basements Unlimited then executed that new plan including installation of an egress window, re-routing plumbing and bringing it up to code, framing, running new electrical and audio/visual wires, installing overhead lighting, drywall of walls and ceiling, tiled shower in the bathroom, installation of flooring (ceramic tile and laminate) and paint throughout. They even installed integrated smoke detectors throughout all three floors of our home for safety.

Category custom cabinet maker","drywall contractor","electrician","egress window installer","Lighting","plumber","room remodeling","woodworker","home remodeling contractor","interior painter","basement contractor

08/23/2015

I received quotes from three contractors for our basement. When I met Al I felt he was the best match for us regardless of price, but his estimate was by far the best. Lucky for us! He said he?d do a good job for us and I immediately trusted he would. What I liked from the start was that Al was very responsive. My texts and emails were answered right away. Having had a previous, negative home building experience I thought there was a possibility that something might go wrong or shortcuts would be taken. With Al, though, I could see right away he was a craftsman and a perfectionist. The work he did, and the contractors he used, was top notch. I felt like they were doing work they?d do on their own homes. They took great care to keep things clean with a minimum of dust and dirt. Al did little things that I didn?t even think of, like use switches with dimmers so that we could adjust our lighting and multiple hardwired smoke detectors for us. All in all I am so happy we connected with Al. Our finished basement.is beautiful. I would highly recommend Basements Unlimited. A+!

Description of Work
Finished basement of approximately 500 square feet including all electrical, built in bookcase, soundproofing, carpet.

Category electrician","insulation contractor","Lighting","room remodeling","woodworker","basement contractor

05/14/2015

Al and his team took an unfinished, rather disgusting, basement area and made it into a wonderful rec room/family room. The quality of the workmanship was excellent. The finished product looks great. My wife and I are thrilled with the result. It is always difficult to compare price between contractors as most do not include everything - some have you buy your own flooring, some your own lighting fixtures. Al includes the entire project. The estimate was the final cost (except for the upgrades that my wife and I decided upon after the project started).

Description of Work
Remodeled our basement

Category electrician","Lighting","room remodeling","basement contractor

Basement remodeling, kitchen & bathroom remodeling, cabinetry & entertainment centers, wet bars, glass block windows, specialty lighting, dry wall, electrical, insulation, wood moldings

No partial repairs; Basement waterproofing