ARS / Rescue Rooter Columbus

Founded 1975 • With Angi since July 2011

3050 Switzer Ave

Columbus, OH 43219

For fast and exceptional service for all of your plumbing needs, call us now: 614-869-4114 ARS/Rescue Rooter provides fast and professional 24/7 emergency service for residential and commercial customers. We offer free NO obligation estimates with NO extra charge for nights and weekends during normal business hours. We will take care of all your plumbing and drain cleaning needs. Additional phones - (614) 876-0186, (614) 475-7075, (614) 882-6393, (614) 228-4220. Additional e-mail - jnorris@ars.com. Additional contact names - Jason Norris, Brenda Downs, JT Phillips, Lashundra Finey, Mark Stepowoy. Additional DBAs - Rescue Rooter, American Residental Services LLC, ARS Rescue Rooter. License # 45655...

07/28/2021

Joe H.

I had a basement floor drain that was clogged, causing water to backup on the basement floor and some carpet. ARS came out and unclogged the drain. However, they didn't bother to clean up around the drain when the finished unclogging it, leaving a brown sludge (sewage?) on the floor and splashed on some pipes near the drain. The also left a trail of brown liquid stains from their machine all down my sidewalk when they left, which I'm going to have to attempt to power wash out. At least when the drain was clogged it was just water on the floor...

Description of Work
Unclog basement floor drain

Category sewer cleaning

12/19/2020

terri S.

i have use the company before and very pleased the cost was a little over what i budget but less than others the tech did a great job. thank you.

Description of Work
clear laundry drain

Category drain cleaning

07/02/2020

John F.

Tenants reported water running down a pipe in the cellar. I thought it was a clogged drain. However, after arriving at the premises with Jake Zander from ARS Rescue Rooter and upon further inspection, I realized it was more extensive. I have an old house in Westerville that is a rental. ARS Rescue Rooter was the only company that was able to come the same day. We ran through the usual diagnostics and determined that cast iron pipe had a leak somewhere along the route of the pipe. Much of the pipe was hidden from view in the wall. Jake suggested I get someone to open the wall and isolate the leak. As of this writing, I am doing just that. Although he could not immediately fix the problem, he was very helpful in determining the probable cause. I will definitely call them again when I have opened up the wall. I have used Rescue Rooter in the past to unclog drains.

Description of Work
Needed a diagnosis and estimate to replace cast iron drain pipe

02/19/2020

NICKY S.

Angie's list recommended Rescue Rooter for this fix. The young man showed up on time, but clearly didn't have much knowledge and originally told my wife it wasn't the valve that was leaking but something else. After 30 mins he finally decided it was the valve and wanted to charge us $439 to turn off the water and change the valve. My wife laughed at this then he asked what price I would be willing to pay. My wife then asked him to leave. I had it fixed the next day for $174.

Description of Work
Needed Toilet Water Valve replaced in master bath

01/31/2020

FENG N.

Great responsiveness and outstanding service. Vernon, Ash, and Rob from Rescue Rooter arrived in one hour after called. They did a thorough assessment and completed pipeline leak repair and water shutoff valve installation in the same day. Their high quality work not only returned all normalcy and convenience back to us quickly but also avoided much worse structural damages with their prompt rescue actions. They are very professional, friendly and informative. We are so appreciative and happy with their professionalism and work ethics. Definitely trust and rehire them again!

Description of Work
Pipeline leak repair and water shutoff valve installation

12/27/2019

gary L.

Not well they only put a 2 inch hole in the roots and tried to sell me a new sewer. cloged again in 3 days

Description of Work
Sewer clean out

08/09/2019

Bonnie H.

Was supposed to arrive between 8 and noon . I called and they said probably with someone else and would be here soon, they called at 2 and said they couldn’t find a technician but would call when they did, and asked if I still wanted them to and I said no. I finally found someone else to do my job

Description of Work
New facet but didn’t know at time what was needed.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

We appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the 1-star experience you had with us. Providing a timely experience is important to us as we value you as a customer and want to ensure we respect your time. We do regret that you did not receive an experience that met your expectations and that would allow us to be your provider for your home's need. Thank you again for the opportunity. We will use this feedback to improve and provide a better customer service experience.

07/07/2019

Brice S.

I'm writing this on a Sunday morning before 10 AM, since a rather rude person from ARS chose to call me at 9:00 AM on this day. I don't have any problems with the service, per se (I think the plumber could have done things faster if he was more experienced, but I'm ok with the service as a whole), but the way they handled their communication with me was horrible." The plumber charged me $500 for services, which I agreed to, however, when he left yesterday (Saturday), he said that his tablet wasn't allowing him to put in a custom price. Fine, no problem, "just invoice me the correct amount and I'll pay it." Should be easy-peasy. An ill-tempered woman called me this morning and told me that if I didn't pay the $500, they would put a lien on my home TOMORROW (Monday). Hunh? I still don't have an invoice! I told her that I needed one so that I knew exactly what I was paying for. Her answer was that she would send an invoice AFTER I paid. That would be a receipt, not an invoice. Either way, she demanded that I pay her that moment, which I refused to do since I wasn't in a position to get to a credit card at that time, and, for heaven's sake, I still didn't have an invoice and it's only the day after service. I'm not sure who this company is used to dealing with, but even the lawnmower kid here sends me an invoice, which I pay well within the 30-day period that is customary for these types of services. I don't need to be called on a Sunday morning and threatened with a lien for the following day. I was actually thinking of writing at least a three or four-star review based on the services, but ARS has successfully screwed that up with their crappy after service. Lien on my house on Monday? Bad (but honest) review for you on Sunday and, of course, a lost customer forever...

Description of Work
Drain Clog - Then a THREAT!

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

We appreciate your feedback and want to take this as an opportunity to improve our customer service experience not only for you but for our future customers. We would like to discuss your situation further and see how we can make things right. Please send us a private message with your full name, phone number and service address and our Quality Assurance Manager, Jody, will be sure to reach out to you. If you would prefer to contact Jody she can be reached at (614) 475-7071. Lastly, you can also reach out to Corporate Customer Relations at 866-803-0879.

05/13/2019

Brenda M.

We had a leak in our yard caused by the underground water line from our house to the city water line. Since the home was built in 1984 we decided to replace it rather than repair. The showed up one day later and did all the work. Our yard doesn't look very good - had to backhoe from the house to the street (not their fault at all). Very professional and courteous and found ways to complete the work with the least amount of destruction both inside and out. I have used them for 20 years now and would never think of calling anyone else. They are fantastic to work with and are very fairly priced. They are truly the best at what they do. Don't look any further.

Description of Work
Installed new water line from house to street

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Your positive comments are really appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your business means a lot to us. Again, thank you for being an ARS / Rescue Rooter Columbus customer.

09/07/2018

Scott S.

Sent a request, no response. Sent second request a week later, no response. I get it if you are too busy, but at least respond saying as much.

Description of Work
Downspout drain unclogged

08/31/2018

Susan B.

I called to during the week to make an appointment for my day off on the weekend. At the time I informed their answering service that it was in regard to a gas leak, and that I also needed to have two valves installed to bring my gas lines up to code and get my gas turned on. The technician arrived on time and was friendly and courteous, but he was not a gas technician. He said he could give us a quote, but he couldn't do the work. He tried calling to see if there was a licensed tech who could do the work, but he said they were all off on the weekend as this time of year they do not get many calls for gas lines. He gave me an estimate and we arranged for someone to come out another day. I thought the quote given was too low, but he seemed to know what he was talking about. The cost ended up being basically twice what we were quoted, however it was in line with what we expected and we needed to have the work done, so they did the repair. The tech was very knowledgeable and professional and performed the work well. We had other issues with damage to an appliance that the company took steps to quickly resolve without us even asking them to, although the replacement given was not to my satisfaction. Accidents happen however, and the technician was very friendly and we are otherwise satisfied with the quality of the work performed. My only gripe at this point is that it took longer to get the work done because the initial tech wasn't licensed to do it. The initial trip was a waste of time and if I hadn't researched prices first, my expectation for cost would have been improperly set.

Description of Work
We needed to have a gas leak located and repaired, and gas shut off valves installed to two individual gas appliances.

08/12/2018

Peter L.

Excellent service. The tech from ARS called and was able to get a new water heater installed the same day. He was gracious, professional, and made sure we understood everything about the heater before he left. The only challenge was they couldn't get the exact water heater we needed at the time we needed it and the only one that was available right then was $400 more which we ended up going with due to time constraints. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
New water heater installed

08/12/2018

Peter L.

Had a small drain issue in the kitchen sink. Tried to fix it myself but didn't trust the work I had done. These guys came out very promptly (they'd installed a water heater a few weeks earlier) had it fixed in no time flat for a very small fee. At least for now they are my new go to plumber.

Description of Work
Drain Fixed

05/19/2018

ALFREDO G.

Outstanding responsiveness. Called at 9am for service. They assessed the situation in the morning and by 5pm they had replaced my leaky water heater. Cornell was the service tech. He installed the water heater and promised to return in a few days to level the heater. After a few days, he returned and completed the job on his own time. Cornell is very dedicated and a star for his company.

Description of Work
Replace Water Heater

05/07/2018

Jim P.

The repairs went well, i didn't need a new water heater tank, not like that ECO plumbers had recommended. They were very good with the service.

Description of Work
They changed a pressure release valve on my hot water heater

05/01/2018

STEVEN C.

The drain line to my kitchen had become clogged on Saturday afternoon. I had removed the "J" trap and used my small hand snake to attempt to clear the pipe but was not successful. I called Rescue Rooter for assistance. This was a difficult job because the previous owner of the house had a 'unique' plumbing style that while it worked, it was not at all standard nor typical. Austin, the plumbing service technician, worked through the various problems, including installing a new clean out in the basement and removing all the unique plumbing under the kitchen sink and installing a more typical configuration. When we were finished, he cleaned up and ran a thirty minute leak test that including running hot water and the dishwasher simultaneously. He and I both verified that there were no leaks. During the entire process (diagnosis through planned and actual repair) he kept me informed and listened to my concerns. He also thoughtfully recommended DrainRight drain maintenance chemical and instructed me on how to use it. This was not an easy drain cleaning and repair yet Austin maintained good humor and professional demeanor. This experience will allow me to highly recommend ARS/Rescue Rooter of Columbus to my friends and colleagues when they need drain cleaning and plumbing services.

Description of Work
Clogged drain line to kitchen.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

04/30/2018

Jeanie M.

ARS arrived at agreed upon time. Installation was quick and complete. The service person was polite and very professional. We were please with their service.

Description of Work
installed new sump pump

Category plumbing, wells

11/28/2017

Dmitry S.

ARS Rescue Rooter dug a trench and replaced a section of plastic pipe that had the break. The two folks carrying out the actual labor did a good job as far as I know; they did create an additional break in the old pipe while digging but that's not relevant apart from just sloppiness (I would not have these guys excavate too close to a house's foundation). The only real issue, but to me a meaningful one, was the unprofessionalism of the lead excavator who managed the work. The task took 2 hrs longer and was more complex than anticipated which led to a higher overall cost; as that was agreed upon earlier, it was a non-issue from my perspective. The manager approached it as if it was going to be an issue and was unprofessionally rude in an attempt to bully me into accepting the previously agreed-upon cost. It was unnecessary, nonsensical, and left a poor final impression. I would not hire these people again on that basis alone.

Description of Work
Had a water line break in the front yard leading into the house; needed repair involved replacing an old section of broken plastic pipe with a new section with a higher pressure rating.

Category excavators

07/21/2017

Michael & Beverly F.

I would not use them again. This was their second visit. This was real bad for the worst. They were here on time. They made the appointment, there was no problem there. They were here, they just did not do anything. They only offered one solution. I had a plugged drain that rain that runs out of the house to the curb. I expected when I called that they would run something to unclog the drain. The only option that they would allow me to have is a $5000, let's dig it up and replace the whole thing. Over and over and over, I said look are there other options. Don't you guy have a camera you can put up there. Anyway, the thing did not need to be replaced. We will never use them again. They did not do anything except we got a sales job.

Description of Work
They came for a clogged drain.

Category drain cleaning

05/28/2017

Jeff S.

Company was pretty slammed -- they have a lot of business for the employees I think. However, the servicemen are very professional and work their tails off to try to get your work done. They don't complain, they work late and early, they do a really good job cleaning up after themselves (and not a fun task given what they're doing). My only feedback for the company is, I think you need to find ways to augment your staffing. I think you pay these guys well but you might burn them out, and good help like this isn't always hard to find.

Description of Work
Sewer mainline cleanout. Not done yet -- still some obstruction 30 ft down the line, but Tyler and Jake were awesome in getting it serviceable again for now. I'll post another review after the camera inspection and potential excavation / fix for whatever ails the pipe. (House is 50 years old, with clay pipe, not surprising it could be starting to fail. Work done was actually 2 hours of Tyler trying to clean it with an auger, and then another 2 hours the next day of Jake trying to use the augur + jetter. Because I had ARS out 6 months prior, was only charged for the 2 hours of the jetter.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

05/24/2017

Mary R.

Dug out a 15 foot section of downspout line filled with roots, replaced with new pipe. Raised sump pump line with gravel and extended pump line. Jetted out all downspout lines.

Description of Work
Clogged downspout line to the street. Raised sump pump drain.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

05/05/2017

Rebecca G.

The hot water tank leaked on a Friday evening. Leo came out that evening, turned off the water and gas, and provided an estimate on both a standard gas water heater and (at our request) an on-demand water heater. He did not charge us for the after-hours visit! We called back on Monday and scheduled the installation of the standard heater for Wednesday. On Wednesday morning, their office called to tell us that the job had to be postponed until Thursday morning because another job ran over. On Thursday afternoon Leo and his colleague installed the new heater in less than three hours. They did a great job. The only inconvenience was the rescheduling of the appointment, but we appreciated that they called to let us know about it. We would use them again.

Description of Work
Installation of a new water heater.

03/30/2017

Eric M.

They did a pretty good job flushing but there was a hole in the pipe and their estimate for that was too much so I went with a different company to finish the job.

Description of Work
They flushed out the sewer line.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

02/10/2017

terri S.

GREAT took time to explain what would be done

Description of Work
leak at main water shut off value and replace gas pipes for stove

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], thank you for sharing your experience. ARS Rescue Rooter strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience. We appreciate the opportunity to come into your home and service its needs. Should you need our services again in the future, please don't hesitate to call. Thank you for choosing ARS Rescue Rooter!

01/06/2017

Michele J.

It went really well. Talked to a lady names Jody, she arranged things for me, and went out of her way, the guy that came out was Dave and he was very personable and did a really good job. Put in a lot effort.

Description of Work
They cleaned out a drain.